Options

Southpaw Regional [chat] is the coolest ever

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    "oh god what if I slip up and call it jif by accident? They'll know!"

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Among 40k fans it is a matter of perpetual dispute whether "lasgun" is lass-gun or laze-gun

See previous comments re: nerds naming things

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Name everything Bob from now on.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    wooster and jeeves sauce

simonwolf on
  • Options
    RonTheDMRonTheDM Yes, yes Registered User regular
    juys

crcly

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    In all honesty, hearing the hard-g pronunciation of "gif" out loud sounds like people are trying to show off. Everyone I knew growing up said the soft-g.

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Honk wrote: »

Too confusing. Name it all Bruce.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    bowen do you have some gif-ssues you need to work out with the word gif?

Because you are going way further down the road of exaggerating the importance of the subject than anybody else is.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    yeah but laser was supposed to be LOSER because technically it's generated by an oscillator not an amplifier

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    How about smurf

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    spoilers for Jessica Jones and Luke Cage season 2

gJiCLwB.jpg

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »

TwinPeaksBob.jpg

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    yeah but laser was supposed to be LOSER because technically it's generated by an oscillator not an amplifier

polly pls do not give away our secrets like this

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User, Moderator mod
    I have friends who used to pronounce "Gauss rifle" like "gauze rifles", because they didn't know it was named after Carl Friedrich Gauss. Of course, these same friends STILL (to this day) say "Nookyooler" instead of nuclear, so...

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Soy un láser

• Options

polly pls do not give away our secrets like this

I've embedded myself into your mainstream nerd ideology but I have stayed pure to my meathead bully identity

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Aw Reservoir Dogs less infants

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    I prefer calling them moving pictures IRL because it avoids this whole charade where the hard G people pretend like they don't say the soft G in the privacy of their own home, because they don't want to risk angering the wrong person out in public.

Knowing full well what they're doing and the fakeness they put up in online discussion.
    I've been saying gif with soft g for as long as gif has been a thing. I aint letting no whipper-snapper tell me how to pronounce things.

homepage_EB20081217REVIEWS812179989AR.jpg

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    I prefer calling them moving pictures IRL because it avoids this whole charade where the hard G people pretend like they don't say the soft G in the privacy of their own home, because they don't want to risk angering the wrong person out in public.

Knowing full well what they're doing and the fakeness they put up in online discussion.
    I've been saying gif with soft g for as long as gif has been a thing. I aint letting no whipper-snapper tell me how to pronounce things.

homepage_EB20081217REVIEWS812179989AR.jpg

jet off my yawn doot jiff

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I mean let's be real GIF is a shit format and we need something way more streamlined for when I want to make fun of someone with a 3 second loop

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    where do we stand on the pronunciation of jelqing

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Guys, do you think 2017 will be the year of Linux?

The wailing and gnashing of teeth of people aside, nah

Somehow I managed to get an 8.1 image onto a thumbdrive and install it on blank unformatted HDD without any problems, and I'm a lawyer

You all remember SKFM's tech support tales, yes?

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    I mean let's be real GIF is a shit format and we need something way more streamlined for when I want to make fun of someone with a 3 second loop
    I always thought JPEG would be the light, but they kinda shit the bed.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    the rule for portmanteaus is you pronounce them like cut off versions of their constituent words, not strictly as written. This is to ensure meaning is preserved in the event that some cheeto-brained nerd came up with the official spelling, as with "lasgun".

This rule may only be broken if an alternative pronunciation is especially hilarious.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options

vhs was a shit format too but we had some good times along the way

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    oh fuck yes my insert for Gloomhaven just arrived

gonna have so much fun putting this together and then organizing all the bits

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

the reason we're still on GIFs is a powerful cabal of mobile phone companies conspiring to charge 14 year old girls hundreds in overage fees since every time they open their tumblr dashboard they get 3 gigs of Tom Hiddleston gifs

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options

Somehow I managed to get an 8.1 image onto a thumbdrive and install it on blank unformatted HDD without any problems, and I'm a lawyer

SKFM is why we should eat the (checks income) top 1%.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    It's .gif as in .gif, not Jiff as in peanut butter

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    How do you pronounce gifv?

• Options

vhs was a shit format too but we had some good times along the way

the amount of shit "shot-to-video / edited in video toaster" tapes I had as a kid that basically consisted of a dude going to a construction site and filming big dump trucks and stuff is pretty crazy

what a crap bubble market

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    can we, like, aim for the .01%?

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    syndalis wrote: »
    can we, like, aim for the .01%?
    We gotta start somewhere.

• Options
    Julius wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dfb_n7wjb5k

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    The iron Fist thread is better than this gif nonsense jesus

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    zepherin wrote: »

SKFM is why we should eat the (checks income) top 1%.

Eh, I was happy to have him since inexhaustible pedants should be available on all sides of the argument, not just one

Otherwise you get folks claiming victory by default and that's weak shit

SummaryJudgment on
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Julius wrote: »
    I try not to.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Six I'm detecting salt how's your fiber?

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
This discussion has been closed.