PAX Aus 2017 Panel Ideas & Chatter
Hey guys, so I know this is incredibly
early, but we actually kicked off some panel chat in slack today and I thought it'd be good to post something here to capture the ideas discussed and more.
So if you have any feedback on last year's panel (constructive only please), or ideas for what we can do this year dump them in here.
Ideas from slack today:
- It would be great to open up the presenter slots for nominations. The aus community is growing and as such it would be nice to follow examples lead by the larger paxes and take suggestions for presenters - affording others opportunities to join if they'd like.
- It would be great to have set roles for each spot. The example discussed here was that we have a purpose or type for each panel member, thus ensuring we have different aspects of the community represented. Examples might include:
- Long term pinnypal - they're here to pass on their pearls of wisdom gathered over years of pinny fun.
- New pinnypal - they're here to pass on info on how they joined and what it's like to get involved in the community. All the kind of stuff long-term members may have forgotten, or may be new since they joined.
- International pinnypal - we love visitors and pax aus is a long way to travel for some of them, this would be a great opportunity to hear tales of far away paxes, etc.
- Guest - this might be a designer of pins - for example a lot of the aus indie pins are designed by the same people and it'd be great to hear about the thought that goes into the process, and what reactions they get from the community.
- Facilitator- the speaker who runs the presentation and hosts the panel. Powerpoint/presenting skills come in handy here
- Panel Transporter - @change has offered to helicopter in people for the panel... this may or may not have been a joke
Just to reiterate, I've posted this to save some of the chatter that came up in slack today - this is in no way an official organising thread. I think the panel has had some great content in the past, it's just worth seeing if there are any new ideas