Options

A [TV] Thread for Discussing Television

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Wait, that was the B99 finale?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

It was not, but I can see why someone might think it was. There are five more episodes in this season.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    Survivor Talk:
    Thank God Debbie is finally gone. I just couldn't watch her anymore. It may have been a mistake though, I think I would have gone for Sierra at this point. I'm not sure of the reasoning to go for someone that doesn't have a chance at winning challenges vs a physical competitor other than Debbie being dangerous in terms of blowing up people's games and being irritating.

I know Probst is not tolerant of silence during tribal or non-answers, but Michaela really needs to get better at hiding her anger. It feels like every time her or Tai try to answer things during tribal they immediately put a target on themselves.

I'm completely on board team Sarah at this point. I'd love for Zeke to win because he's such a fan of the show that he'd be absolutely giddy, but I'm not sure he's played well enough (and he proved last week he's terrible at trying to play two sides).

It's certainly been a surprising season - I didn't expect to see such good play from Culpepper and Troyzan either.

Survivor:
    Agreed. We don't even know for sure if flipping instead of staying at the bottom of the 6 was a good move for Sarah, but man am I glad she did it so that Debbie will no longer be on Survivor. I actually do think it was the right move, because it's easy to say "Just stay at the bottom until 6," but Sarah knows she's not going to win out challenges once they get to 6 and her BS detector I think is good enough that she wasn't buying Sierra's final 3 thing,
    even if they did show her saying it sounded good to her. I agree that I don't understand why Debbie was the target rather somebody else, but a lot of times with votes like these it's one of those things where a few other people are like "let's take out Debbie!" and it's better to go along with it than to rock the boat and demand they vote for somebody else. Especially for Sarah, because her last game bombed because she got too excited about being the swing vote and power hungry over it. This time I think she realizes she needs to lie a bit lower while still making some moves, and she's doing a great job of it. It seems like everybody is talking about how they want to work with her.

I agree about Michaela is not very good at Survivor, whining at the challenge about not getting picked while being so unaware that she missed an advantage that production basically gifted to the person who didn't get picked to participate in the challenge, etc. But at tribal last night I think she was doing a bit of an acting job. The way she kind of went after Sarah was obviously to misdirect the other alliance so they wouldn't see the flip coming, at that point Michaela already knew Debbie was going out, so she got out her coconut popcorn prop and all that.

Yeah, Sarah is playing a killer game and this week it only got better. I've said earlier this season that I expect Sarah to be a finalist or the winner, because earlier she was getting the Michele Fitzgerald edit where they showed strategy content from her even when it was irrelevant. But after last night, the edit isn't even being subtle. It actually makes me wonder if it's a bit of misdirect. After all, the editors did a killer job last season at not giving away the winner with the edit, so they could be trying to do it again.

Yeah, Zeke has 0% chance to win the game. The preview for next week with him talking about how he's ready to make a move was just a perfect encapsulation of how he plays Survivor. Moves for the sake of moves, can't ever just let the game happen around him. Two seasons in a row now he's been sitting in a good spot and turned on an ally who trusted him for no reason, and each time it was the beginning of the end for him.

I am one of the people who is definitely bummed that we lost nearly all the big players that I wanted to see play pre-merge, plus I hate the way they're using a million twists for the sake of "game changing twists!" but we'll see how it goes. With 3 idols, an immunity advantage, and a vote steal all left in the game right now, I can see some really great or some really lame plays happening. I expect with the types of edits they've gotten that Andrea and/or Aubry are going to end up getting idoled/rocked out, which is a bummer for me, but it is what it is.

Survivoring:
    I recognize that Michaela is not very good at playing Survivor, but I fucking love having her on my TV. I'm always a sucker for the players who are clearly Completely Over This Shit - there's a reason Courtney Yates is one of my favorite players. This is likely a personal failing of mine.

This episode was an unbelievably good look for Sarah. She got the big-heart moment of going back to help Cirie (Which, man, I recognize that whole segment was transparently manipulative, but it fucking worked on me), she got big strategy moments - I knew she was doing well, but this was the episode where I went, "Oh, shit, she could win this thing." I still roll my eyes whenever she attributes something to her cop training (Oh, really? You spend a lot of time on the beat spotting tubes that say "HIDDEN ADVANTAGE" in big block letters? Yeah, that tracks, sure.), but she's in a crazy good place right now.

That the vote steal can be played at 5 is BANANAS. If it's anything but 4 on 1, you can completely upset the vote, all by yourself. That's so crazy. Seeing that played to its fullest advantage would be bonkers. And yet, it feels like even more Too Much. Just another rhine-stone on this over-bedazzled season. This would be mind-blowing if there was less chaos, less mess, but there's so much weird shit that one more piece of weird shit is no longer cool. Just par for the course. Which is a shame.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

It was not, but I can see why someone might think it was. There are five more episodes in this season.

Okay good because it did not seem like a finale.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Survivor Talk:
    Thank God Debbie is finally gone. I just couldn't watch her anymore. It may have been a mistake though, I think I would have gone for Sierra at this point. I'm not sure of the reasoning to go for someone that doesn't have a chance at winning challenges vs a physical competitor other than Debbie being dangerous in terms of blowing up people's games and being irritating.

I know Probst is not tolerant of silence during tribal or non-answers, but Michaela really needs to get better at hiding her anger. It feels like every time her or Tai try to answer things during tribal they immediately put a target on themselves.

I'm completely on board team Sarah at this point. I'd love for Zeke to win because he's such a fan of the show that he'd be absolutely giddy, but I'm not sure he's played well enough (and he proved last week he's terrible at trying to play two sides).

It's certainly been a surprising season - I didn't expect to see such good play from Culpepper and Troyzan either.

Survivor:
    Agreed. We don't even know for sure if flipping instead of staying at the bottom of the 6 was a good move for Sarah, but man am I glad she did it so that Debbie will no longer be on Survivor. I actually do think it was the right move, because it's easy to say "Just stay at the bottom until 6," but Sarah knows she's not going to win out challenges once they get to 6 and her BS detector I think is good enough that she wasn't buying Sierra's final 3 thing,
    even if they did show her saying it sounded good to her. I agree that I don't understand why Debbie was the target rather somebody else, but a lot of times with votes like these it's one of those things where a few other people are like "let's take out Debbie!" and it's better to go along with it than to rock the boat and demand they vote for somebody else. Especially for Sarah, because her last game bombed because she got too excited about being the swing vote and power hungry over it. This time I think she realizes she needs to lie a bit lower while still making some moves, and she's doing a great job of it. It seems like everybody is talking about how they want to work with her.

I agree about Michaela is not very good at Survivor, whining at the challenge about not getting picked while being so unaware that she missed an advantage that production basically gifted to the person who didn't get picked to participate in the challenge, etc. But at tribal last night I think she was doing a bit of an acting job. The way she kind of went after Sarah was obviously to misdirect the other alliance so they wouldn't see the flip coming, at that point Michaela already knew Debbie was going out, so she got out her coconut popcorn prop and all that.

Yeah, Sarah is playing a killer game and this week it only got better. I've said earlier this season that I expect Sarah to be a finalist or the winner, because earlier she was getting the Michele Fitzgerald edit where they showed strategy content from her even when it was irrelevant. But after last night, the edit isn't even being subtle. It actually makes me wonder if it's a bit of misdirect. After all, the editors did a killer job last season at not giving away the winner with the edit, so they could be trying to do it again.

Yeah, Zeke has 0% chance to win the game. The preview for next week with him talking about how he's ready to make a move was just a perfect encapsulation of how he plays Survivor. Moves for the sake of moves, can't ever just let the game happen around him. Two seasons in a row now he's been sitting in a good spot and turned on an ally who trusted him for no reason, and each time it was the beginning of the end for him.

I am one of the people who is definitely bummed that we lost nearly all the big players that I wanted to see play pre-merge, plus I hate the way they're using a million twists for the sake of "game changing twists!" but we'll see how it goes. With 3 idols, an immunity advantage, and a vote steal all left in the game right now, I can see some really great or some really lame plays happening. I expect with the types of edits they've gotten that Andrea and/or Aubry are going to end up getting idoled/rocked out, which is a bummer for me, but it is what it is.

Survivoring:
    I recognize that Michaela is not very good at playing Survivor, but I fucking love having her on my TV. I'm always a sucker for the players who are clearly Completely Over This Shit - there's a reason Courtney Yates is one of my favorite players. This is likely a personal failing of mine.

This episode was an unbelievably good look for Sarah. She got the big-heart moment of going back to help Cirie (Which, man, I recognize that whole segment was transparently manipulative, but it fucking worked on me), she got big strategy moments - I knew she was doing well, but this was the episode where I went, "Oh, shit, she could win this thing." I still roll my eyes whenever she attributes something to her cop training (Oh, really? You spend a lot of time on the beat spotting tubes that say "HIDDEN ADVANTAGE" in big block letters? Yeah, that tracks, sure.), but she's in a crazy good place right now.

That the vote steal can be played at 5 is BANANAS. If it's anything but 4 on 1, you can completely upset the vote, all by yourself. That's so crazy. Seeing that played to its fullest advantage would be bonkers. And yet, it feels like even more Too Much. Just another rhine-stone on this over-bedazzled season. This would be mind-blowing if there was less chaos, less mess, but there's so much weird shit that one more piece of weird shit is no longer cool. Just par for the course. Which is a shame.

Survivor
    I'm kind of with you on Michaela, but less so this season than last season. Courtney is one of my favorites of all time too, and Michaela is in a similar model, but I think I just feel like she's trying a little too hard this season.
    I do enjoy her weekly Tea with Michaela B vlogs on youtube though.

The Cirie emotional manipulation worked on me too, heh. Just because she's such a legend of the game and was the original "I don't know if I can even do this" type player who turned into one of the greatest of all time. I did think to myself how funny it would've been if it had been Sandra, who would've probably told Jeff to shut up and bring the boat to come get her in that spot. =P

Sarah is terrible in confessionals, lol. She's playing a great game, but she seems like she's reading off cue cards during her confessionals. I did laugh at her talking about how she notices people's expired plates and her attention to detail and what not, but I was laughing more at her than with her. The way she got the orchestral music behind her saying she's going to play the vote steal correctly(Fishbach shade, hah) makes me think she is in fact going to play it correctly and turn the final 5 vote, which could definitely be a game winning move. I agree that the steal feels like yet another gimmick just for the #gamechanger season. It's going to be a shame if we end up at a final 5 vote with like 2 people playing idols, a vote steal, go to rocks, etc. all at once.

My secret hope is that last night was the beginning of a huge arc(s) for Aubry/Cirie because they finally got some real content, but I still don't have any hope of either one of them winning this thing.

I don't know if you watch secret scenes, but there was one with Zeke this week that really drove home the thing I've been feeling about him for a while: he's just incredibly arrogant. The entire confessional was just him saying the reason people want to vote him out is because he's smarter and knows the game better than the people in the majority alliance, and that people are sexist and target men over women for being strategic.

I'm honestly just glad that we got some superfan players last season(Adam, David) that I actually like, because Zeke is like a caricature of the obnoxious Survivor superfan at this point, and I hate it, because he's a solid narrator during the few seconds where he can turn off his ego.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Survivor Talk:

Survivor:

Survivoring:

Survivalicious
    I think I wouldn't mind the weird advantages and twists if maybe they had done one less team swap/merge. It just made it feel like they wanted some game changer (hehehe) every week and it became overkill. It also got in the way of the alliances and relationships you normally see. By the final merge I had completely lost track of who had worked together or been on tribes together. Also, I'm not a huge fan of the legacy power - I just don't find it exciting - but that's solely personal preference.

I think my favorite twist was the exile island one. I absolutely love that every season going forward people will now wonder when someone goes off to exile if it's legit or not. It was a really great idea, and the advantage they gave Debbie wasn't even necessary to make it an awesome surprise.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    A Boondock Saints TV series called Boondock Saints: Origins is in the works

And you can preorder the box set now for the low, low price of $597.77

AtomicTofu on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    A Boondock Saints TV series called Boondock Saints: Origins is in the works

And you can preorder the box set now for the low, low price of $597.77

Well, it's regularly priced at $797.77, but if you act quickly you can be one of the lucky 5,000 people to get the $1,200 value for just $597.77. I'm not sure which of those numbers is the most bullshit, but I'm inclined to say "all of them."

Also, thanks to the almost sarcastically terrible Boondock Saints 2, I will be writing a check for zero dollars and post-dating it for whenever it comes out on a streaming service I already subscribe to.

Edit: Oh, snap! And the first 500 people to pay $5000 will get the box set, along with two tickets to the world premiere on St. Patrick's Day in Boston! The worst possible place to be on St. Patrick's Day, and the worst possible day to be in Boston! What could go wrong?

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I've never understood why people liked the first boondock saints

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    If youre 20 and awful its a great film apparently.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Suicide Kings was the far superior late nineties cool kid movie.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I remember it being just a vigilante shoot em up movie, they're usually fun

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Oh I thought that was the boondocks, not the boondock saints. Whoops!

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    There are zero pieces of media that I have enjoyed enough to spend a grand on them

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular

Willem Dafoe gets to have some fun in it, at least

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Throw in an autographed picture of Willem Dafoe's penis and I'll consider it.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Or alternatively, a picture of Willem Dafoe's autographed penis.

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    The idea of letting fans of a thing pay for a collector edition of something that allows them to watch it before it actually airs on TV or whatever is kind of cool. But that price is ridiculously silly.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular

Willem Dafoe gets to have some fun in it, at least

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcKTbFbwrxE

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Or alternatively, a picture of Willem Dafoe's autographed penis.

Dude can fit his entire full name in exaggerated cursive on it.

And still have room for titles afterward

• Options
    y'all have seen his penis, you know it isn't that big

• Options
    The entire west coast of the US is actually a pared-down replica of Willem Dafoe's penis

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular

the hog-talk around willem dafoe got out of control last time around

i'm not trying to be a wet blanket on a good gif, but it led me to believe the man was wielding some gargantuan misshapen monster, and I gotta be honest that the truth disappointed me

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options

i'm not trying to be a wet blanket on a good gif, but it led me to believe the man was wielding some gargantuan misshapen monster, and I gotta be honest that the truth disappointed me

I tried reading this post but it just made me hungry for pigs in a blanket.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

willem defoe's penis was more disappointing than No Man's Sky

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    but i liked no man's sky

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Want to talk about non disappointing penises, Gary Oldmans penis in a cold pond from The Scarlet Letter meets all of your expectations for Gary Oldmans penis in a cold pond

• Options
    Gustav wrote: »
    but i liked no man's sky

ah, so you're the one

• Options
    Gustav wrote: »
    but i liked no man's sky

ah, so you're the one

Nobody's perfect.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options

Well hold on now, Willem Defoe's penis wasn't hyped up for months beforehand, was it?

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »

Well hold on now, Willem Defoe's penis wasn't hyped up for months beforehand, was it?

On these forums?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    people have definitely brought up Defoe's hog before like a week ago or whenever it was that somebody found that gif

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    fuck the boondock saints, and fuck its trashbag creator, troy duffy

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    fuck the boondock saints, and fuck its trashbag creator, troy duffy

why for

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Boondock Saints, Donnie Darko, and Equilibrium were movies that I sure liked in college but don't really anymore.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

Look at these humblebrags

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I watched Boondocks Saints with my nana and I thought it was only okay but she watched it again the next day by herself

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    the boondock saints is a terrible movie, but man troy duffy's ego and asshole behavior was so rampant, i actually rooted for the giant corporation to squash the little guy

and it did

but not enough to get rid of him and his terrible garbage

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Like No Man's Sky, I found Willem Dafoe's hog to be perfectly respectable with tempered expectations.

aGPmIBD.jpg
This discussion has been closed.