Options

DC Comics: They're Metal

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Apparently that is being billed as the first of a new line of DC films that are wholly unconnected to the DCEU and meant to be standalone "iconic" versions of characters

Unless one of them works, then it IS in continuity! Our approach works just as well as Marvel, SHUT UP!

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Injustice 2 fighter pack 2 revealed

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    say what

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    what

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    i assume they're also giving grodd a gun

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    HOLY SHIT

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Not a doctor Tree townRegistered User regular
    Apparently that is being billed as the first of a new line of DC films that are wholly unconnected to the DCEU and meant to be standalone "iconic" versions of characters

Unless one of them works, then it IS in continuity! Our approach works just as well as Marvel, SHUT UP!

I'm trying to decide if this indicates faith in the audience, or lack of faith in the DCEU.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular

I'm trying to decide if this indicates faith in the audience, or lack of faith in the DCEU.

probably conceived of by creative folk with some of the former, and signed off on by execs due to the latter

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Not a doctor Tree townRegistered User regular

probably conceived of by creative folk with some of the former, and signed off on by execs due to the latter

Assuming this Flash[point] movie does what we think it might, maybe they'll actually be connected to the new DCEU.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular

Apes and monkeys are not the same thing.

• Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Fencingsax wrote: »

T Flooz is an ape expert I'll have you know.

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »

T Flooz is an ape expert I'll have you know.

it's extremely true

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Shit, Hellboy looks really really good in the Injustice art style

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    The Joker will be a failed comedian who hosts an imaginary talk show in his mother's basement. After a chance meeting with a famous late night talk show host, he becomes obsessed with appearing on that talk show. He eventually kidnaps the host and demands to guest host the talk show as ransom. While he's doing his act on the talk show, Batman swoops in and knocks him into a vat of late night talk show chemicals.

Was digging around and weirdly enough, found the trailer! Strange!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wVhCCo02P4

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    A couple of days before Comic-Con last month, The Batman director Matt Reeves was on “The Business” podcast hosted by The Hollywood Reporter’s Kim Masters. Reeves spoke about his position on making the movie, and had an interesting comment about how it was pitched to him by Warner Bros.

“When they approached me, what they said was: ‘look, it’s a standalone, this isn’t part of the extended universe,” Reeves said.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Shit, Hellboy looks really really good in the Injustice art style

My one tiny complaint is that he's smoking a cigarette not a cigar heh

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Anna Diop has been cast as Starfire in Titans

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Anna Diop has been cast as Starfire in Titans

She's 29 and the actor playing Raven is 13. That's...kinda weird.

• Options
    ArmorocArmoroc Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Keith wrote: »
    Injustice 2 fighter pack 2 revealed

Who are those first three characters? The ones that are getting a beat down?

Armoroc on
  • Options
    The ones from the first fighter pack, Red Hood, Starfire and Sub-Zero

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    The Suicide Squad spinoff starring Harley and Joker, which was rumored a month or so ago, is true. Deadline says in talks to write/produce/direct are Glenn Ficarra and John Requa (Crazy, Stupid, Love)

They're also saying Gotham City Sirens turned into this, sooooooo that makes it look a lot like that other rumor from the same timespan (Ayer being done with the franchise) is true too

• Options
    The Suicide Squad spinoff starring Harley and Joker, which was rumored a month or so ago, is true. Deadline says in talks to write/produce/direct are Glenn Ficarra and John Requa (Crazy, Stupid, Love)

They're also saying Gotham City Sirens turned into this, sooooooo that makes it look a lot like that other rumor from the same timespan (Ayer being done with the franchise) is true too

Also Hollywood Reporter's article on this was uhhhhh
    Original wrote:
    Matt Reeves' The Batman, for example, is intended to not be connected to the Justice League universe but to be set in a different time period and star another actor.
    Aug. 23, 6:40 p.m. An earlier version of this story stated that Matt Reeves' The Batman was part of Warner Bros.' new label and would star a new actor as Batman, but it is unclear where that project will fall.

Bye Ben

• Options

jesus

I think Aquaman is the only one of these movies that hasn't undergone or is currently in some kind of turmoil

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

jesus

I think Aquaman is the only one of these movies that hasn't undergone or is currently in some kind of turmoil

Yeah, that article could best be summarized as "DC doesn't know what the fuck to do, so they're trying to do everything." I've got zero faith in their creative direction.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    https://youtu.be/woa8JjGpGLY

Dang, it looks like Sean "Cheeks" Galloway did the character designs for Gotham by Gaslight

His most famous work is Spectacular Spider-Man

It looks good!

Bummed it's Conroy AGAIN

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Conroy never heard that adage about it being better to leave the party early huh?

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Where does it say Conroy is in it because that doesn't sound like him. Timm is involved, so I give it 40 minutes before the first sex scene.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Why... do they call him Cheeks

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Why... do they call him Cheeks

he once drew a Harley with six buttcheeks. six!

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    Conroy never heard that adage about it being better to leave the party early huh?

Oh no, he did.

But DC just kept backing up the money truck.

• Options
    I feel like he didn't do it for a while and the Arkham games dragged him back in

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    but he's so good. *sobs*

Someday, I know, there will come a new "definitive" Batman. One for a new generation.

BUT IT IS NOT THIS DAY!

• Options
    He's a bit too old and rough now though, and he verges on phoning it in at times

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    So what you're saying is that he needs to stay in the cave, literally phone it in, and have someone else in the suit?

This seems... oddly familiar...

(*checks real quick* Beyond's prologue was set in 2019. huh.)

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    (I've never been super big on Conroy, even in the early years)

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    bring back Jeremy Sisto

• Options
    I'm a fan of Bruce Greenwood's

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Greenwood was solid too

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    bring back Jeremy Sisto

I'm sure hes still pretty happy hanging out with the Prophets.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

This discussion has been closed.