As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Best/Worst Game of Duck Hunt [Chat]

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Can I get a new name that I hate?

Your name is now Adam Smith.

nah it's gotta be Who Is John Galt?

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I have now been hung up on twice

I've have been on the phone for an hour and have gotten nowhere

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    man, I want to be a bonerking

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

Your name is now Adam Smith.

nah it's gotta be Who Is John Galt?

Ayn Rand's lover, Newt Gingrich

• Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    @Coinage When you say #JusticeForTuvix, are you talking about the horrible Voyager episode? If so, I hate you with every ounce of my being. Voyager was an abomination, but that episode in particular was anathema.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

bonerduke at least

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Chanus wrote: »

sure

what name do you hate

That's for me to know and you to find out.

i'm not sure how this is supposed to work

Well, Couscous figured it out well enough.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    I'm gonna have to kill these motherfuckers . . .

T U E S D A Y

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    bonershahanshah

• Options

bonerduke at least

skippy, you can be bonerviscount.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    "Donkey Kong" what's the easiest/cheapest way to make holes in cheap furniture? i want to do some uncluttering with cables and stuff and my idea is to run some cables into the drawer of this cheap ikea nightstand

dremel?

imma answer regardless of NOT BEING TAGGED

yeah dremel totally

a proper drill is hardly worth it if you're only going to be boring a couple holes

dremel and some forstner bits

Having a drill is useful. Everyone should probably own and be more comfortable with tools.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    So, who handles the new [chat] thread?

• Options

bonerduke at least

kneel before your bonerliege

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

bonerduke at least

skippy, you can be bonerviscount.

Bonerbaron

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i think i need to take a break from ds9

i feel like these are all the same stories i just watched with TNG just repackaged with upgraded waifus

• Options
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    "Donkey Kong" what's the easiest/cheapest way to make holes in cheap furniture? i want to do some uncluttering with cables and stuff and my idea is to run some cables into the drawer of this cheap ikea nightstand

dremel?

imma answer regardless of NOT BEING TAGGED

yeah dremel totally

a proper drill is hardly worth it if you're only going to be boring a couple holes

dremel and some forstner bits

Having a drill is useful. Everyone should probably own and be more comfortable with tools.

I'm comfortable with at least one tool, if you get my meaning.
    It's a screw driver.

• Options

bonerduke at least

kneel before your bonerliege

jk

rise, rise!

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

The robot shall guide the way.

• Options
    Although I have gone rogue a couple times, but I don't like to push my luck too often.

• Options

it is assigned by geth

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular

it is assigned by geth

unless you are gauche enough to subvert its will and ask the people who were selected to make way for you

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    hey chat. I bought an essential oil diffuser. it's making things smell like peppermint right now :biggrin:

Oooooo <3 I have one and I make things smell like lavender. It also helps with my migraines and anxiety.

Mrs. DoctorArch has one that looks like a camping trailer, so it's pretty cute.

She also puts in cookie scented oils, which makes me want to bake cookies so freaking bad.

I've heard if you put a few drops of vanilla in your oven and turn it on warm or low or something your whole house smells like cookies.

I gave Mrs. DoctorArch some good-natured grief over buying imitation vanilla the other day. She meant well, but that stuff went into the garbage. Gah, pretty disgusting.

Bottled vanilla has two ingredients, vanilla bean and alcohol, preferably bourbon.

http://sweets.seriouseats.com/2013/12/taste-test-is-better-vanilla-extract-worth-the-price.html
    On the other hand, in a subsequent test in which real vanilla was tasted against extract in a cold, uncooked preparation (in this case, as the primary flavoring in eggnog), the real extract came out as the clear, nearly unanimous winner thanks to a more intense flavor and increased complexity. Some tasters also noted its booziness, a result of the fact that real vanilla extract is required by law to contain at least 35% alcohol. Imitation extracts have no such requirement, though they do contain some amount of alcohol (vanillin is alcohol soluble).

Interestingly, some tasters associate this boozy aroma with the flavor of real vanilla, which could partly explain why the real stuff scored higher in un-cooked applications. That alcohol would mostly evaporate with cooked products, and is not present at all when using actual vanilla beans.

These results reminded me of a milk taste test in which tasters overwhelmingly preferred the sweeter flavor of ultra-pasteurized milk over the milder flavor of un-pasteurized milk. Alcohol in vanilla is not a general indicator of overall quality, but is so intrinsically linked with the flavor of pure vanilla extracts in our minds that if it's absent, we think of it as less real.

20131215-vanilla-taste-test-fake-real-fancy-bean-4.jpg

In a quick subsequent test, I tried making a couple batches of eggnog using imitation extract with the addition of vodka in order to add some of the expected booziness. And guess what? When added in sufficient quantities, the extra alcohol helped produce a flavor that was almost indistinguishable from the real stuff!

So what's the final word? It depends on your usage patterns. If you use vanilla regularly in baked goods like cookies and cakes, there's no reason to spring for the fancy stuff, or even the real stuff—artificial extract will do just fine. If you drink a lot of nog or make uncooked ice cream bases or cold desserts like panna cotta, you might consider buying real extract. But if all you've got on hand is artificial extract? Don't worry, just add a touch of booze to the mix (a teaspoon of vodka or bourbon for every teaspoon of extract works), and you'll do just fine.

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    The geth assigns it? That's awesome. Such wondrous advances!

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Coinage When you say #JusticeForTuvix, are you talking about the horrible Voyager episode? If so, I hate you with every ounce of my being. Voyager was an abomination, but that episode in particular was anathema.
    Voyager is overhated, but yes, Janeway murdered him! All the captains were murderers in one of their bad episodes, but still

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Well, the Bolts decided they didn't want to go to the playoffs after all, it seems.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    Persona 5 is just disgustingly good.

So much style

Even if the game is 100% not for me, I cannot knock the style.

The game oozes this cool cohesive vision from the music to the transitions to the menus and all stops inbetween.

But oh man it is exactly the kind of anime I cannot watch.

Based on my descriptions of them, Querry was like "Oh, Persona sounds... interesting. But not for me," whereas she's super down for watching me play through the Mass Effects.

Yeah, I know that the dating simulator aspects of persona are not far removed from the bioware version, I just have an internal aversion towards how Japan handles this stuff and it keeps me from enjoying it.

My few animes I have enjoyed have stayed a million miles away from relationships in modern times and a healthy distance from slice of life.

Come to think of it, I think Berserk is the only anime I have watched and liked with a major relationship story arc... and that sure didn't play out in a normal fashion for the medium.

Gurran Laggen had a love story...It just happens off screen if I remember right.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Coinage wrote: »
    Coinage When you say #JusticeForTuvix, are you talking about the horrible Voyager episode? If so, I hate you with every ounce of my being. Voyager was an abomination, but that episode in particular was anathema.
    Voyager is overhated, but yes, Janeway murdered him! All the captains were murderers in one of their bad episodes, but still

Janeway is the worst captain ever. Period. End of story. Fuck her in every way possible.

• Options
    I feel like spotify would be better if you could, drunkenly and off key, hum a song into it and it would tell you what somg youre trying to remember

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    I feel like spotify would be better if you could, drunkenly and off key, hum a song into it and it would tell you what somg youre trying to remember

It is annoying having to use a separate program to do that.

• Options

like an integrated shazam app

• Options
    I feel like Spotify would be better if it was artificially intelligent and did my job for me while it gave me an erotic massage.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    i think i need to take a break from ds9

i feel like these are all the same stories i just watched with TNG just repackaged with upgraded waifus
    That becomes less true as the series goes on, but yes I don't think you're supposed to watch 300 hours of Star Trek in a row

• Options
    Delmain wrote: »
    Well, the Bolts decided they didn't want to go to the playoffs after all, it seems.

Aww. boo :( I was rooting for them to sneak in for you!

• Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    Guys, there's a small chance by this time next week I work as a cook for Amazon.

*begins pre-celebratory dinner preparations*

Oh don't worry, there will be photos.

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    How does the geth determine who gets to make the thread?

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »

Janeway is the worst captain ever. Period. End of story. Fuck her in every way possible.

This seems like an unbiased opinion.

• Options
    I feel like Spotify would be better if it was artificially intelligent and did my job for me while it gave me an erotic massage.

most things really

• Options
    Alazull wrote: »
    Guys, there's a small chance by this time next week I work as a cook for Amazon.

*begins pre-celebratory dinner preparations*

Oh don't worry, there will be photos.

I don't know if that is a good thing. Isn't Amazon notorious about shitting on their employees?

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

The miracle of Teledildonics

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Clearing mobile draft

This discussion has been closed.