Options

[Megaten/Persona Discussion] Now with 500% less heart!

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Blackjack wrote: »
    The problem with dating Hermit
    Isn't her age, though I can understand why someone could nope out because of that.

It's because she is extremely codependent and you start the relationship when she can't do a single thing without you

I thought it was stated that she's around the MC age.

Sadly, the only romancable options I like so far are Death and Temperence; who are both all sorts of wrong.
    Yeah, she's like 14/15 to the MCs 15/16 so like I said it's not necessarily a big deal, but a lot of people playing this on here are in their 20s/30s and so dating a 15-17 year old can feel kinda weird so also like I said, totally understandable why someone would be weirded out by it.

Eh, think of it like a Oreimo type of situation.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Goddamnit, just got wiped in Palace 6, and I didn't hit a safe room in a while.
    So I have to go through the whole lead-up for the first letter again, and the first part of the mouse maze.

Stupid way to die as well, wasn't paying attention when I ran into one of the giant Jacks, and Joker got frozen.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Goddamnit, just got wiped in Palace 6, and I didn't hit a safe room in a while.
    So I have to go through the whole lead-up for the first letter again, and the first part of the mouse maze.

Stupid way to die as well, wasn't paying attention when I ran into one of the giant Jacks, and Joker got frozen.

Get smoked, indeed.

As an aside it's something about this game where you can get completely caught with your pants down and get crit chained to death and still feel like it's mostly your fault

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I confuse farmed mementos minimally and have about a million yen in Oct. After going on a shopping spree. Sun 2 is bad because it mostly results in calling reinforcements. Give me guaranteed money any day.

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Isn't her age, though I can understand why someone could nope out because of that.

It's because she is extremely codependent and you start the relationship when she can't do a single thing without you

Sadly, the only romancable options I like so far are Death and Temperence; who are both all sorts of wrong.
    Yeah, she's like 14/15 to the MCs 15/16 so like I said it's not necessarily a big deal, but a lot of people playing this on here are in their 20s/30s and so dating a 15-17 year old can feel kinda weird so also like I said, totally understandable why someone would be weirded out by it.

I have literally no idea what that means. It doesn't really matter though since as I specifically said, the age isn't the real issue with the romance!

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    I didn't romance Futaba for the same reasons I didn't romance Tali in mass effect. There was just too much codependent hero worship baggage there to be on equal footing. It didn't help that Futaba read and acted like the 15-year old she's supposed to be, unlike the rest of the cast who you can drop into a college/just entering the workforce setting and their personalities would arguably make more sense. Also Sojiro asked MC kindly to not date her because he said MC is a shit influence and he's not wrong.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular

I have literally no idea what that means. It doesn't really matter though since as I specifically said, the age isn't the real issue with the romance!

It means incest/dependence.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular

I have literally no idea what that means.

Ignorance is bliss.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    It's a shame that Yukiko's inn failed so badly that she had to change her name, take up drinking, and become a vice reporter.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    I confuse farmed mementos minimally and have about a million yen in Oct. After going on a shopping spree. Sun 2 is bad because it mostly results in calling reinforcements. Give me guaranteed money any day.

Calling reinforcements is actually part of using Sun 2 for farming! You pick an enemy that can't hurt you and that keeps calling the same enemy. That way you keep getting more kill money plus resetting the timer before they try to run away. Keeps the chain going longer! Which is good for pre-mementos farming.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Also, power charge is so damn strong in this game because of baton pass.

First of all it means you can charge and attack in the same round of combat. PLUS you get the baton pass power boost on your charged attack.

It's real dumb and real great.

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    I didn't romance Futaba for the same reasons I didn't romance Tali in mass effect. There was just too much codependent hero worship baggage there to be on equal footing. It didn't help that Futaba read and acted like the 15-year old she's supposed to be, unlike the rest of the cast who you can drop into a college/just entering the workforce setting and their personalities would arguably make more sense. Also Sojiro asked MC kindly to not date her because he said MC is a shit influence and he's not wrong.

Yeah, but, glasses. You know? And she had a good taste in headphones.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    There are two many good waifus in this game. There's even overlap for people who like different traits like fluffy hair, or serious types, or older women, etc. Some of the NPCs are even really good.

(Too bad Hifumi isn't a party member.)

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    It's a shame that Yukiko's inn failed so badly that she had to change her name, take up drinking, and become a vice reporter.
    She was always drinking. ALWAYS.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    She was always drinking. ALWAYS.

It's especially amazing since she could always call Risette for advertising, too. I have no idea how you manage that.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular

I'm more sad that the bar owner isn't the confidant as they're far more interesting.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    MortifiedPenguinMortifiedPenguin Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Finished Palace 5 last night:
    Died once to the boss when I couldn't swap out someone to get Haru in for a weakness hit. Super fun though! I kept Baton passes going for multiple waves of enemies and felt absolutely badass! The high fives when you pass to a teammate is a great "Hell yea!" moment.

Also my charm is finally maxed. Makoto Social Link GO!

MortifiedPenguin on
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Died once to the boss when I couldn't swap out someone to get Haru in for a weakness hit. Super fun though! I kept Baton passes going for multiple waves of enemies and felt absolutely badass! The high fives when you pass to a teammate is a great "Hell yea!" moment.

You and me Mort, you and me. I dig how they strike a pose after the baton pass, Morgana's in particular cracks me up.

I am getting close to maxing Devil but am mostly in it for her story since the rewards are straight garbage. I really should work on Fortune more but at this stage I'm two ranks from maxing.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Kelor wrote: »

You and me Mort, you and me. I dig how they strike a pose after the baton pass, Morgana's in particular cracks me up.

I am getting close to maxing Devil but am mostly in it for her story since the rewards are straight garbage. I really should work on Fortune more but at this stage I'm two ranks from maxing.

Once you've got Confidant reading, you've gotten by far the best thing Fortune has to offer. Rank 9 or 10 does get your yen back though.

• Options
    Palace 3 boss really was a joke. I lost it at
    PIGGYTRON
    though.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    PIGGYTRON
    though.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    PIGGYTRON
    though.

Palace 3 boss was the hardest point I had.

Mostly because I only had 1 character with healing and it was only Dia... We made it but damn it was rough.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    There are two many good waifus in this game. There's even overlap for people who like different traits like fluffy hair, or serious types, or older women, etc. Some of the NPCs are even really good.

I want to play in Hifumi's D&D campaign.

Futaba as the wizard, Makoto as a LG paladin, Haru as the ranger, Ann as the bard/rogue?

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

The party member personalities are a lot more distinct and made clear earlier this time around.

The NPCs vary a bit more though. Temperance felt like it gave you a sense of the personality and conflicts by the midpoint of the link while some others felt like they were just hammering on the same concept slowly. Having a big social stat requirement partway through also plays a part in that though. I only started being able to resume some after hitting max Knowledge, Charm, and 4 in Kindness in late August/Early September.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »

I want to play in Hifumi's D&D campaign.

Futaba as the wizard, Makoto as a LG paladin, Haru as the ranger, Ann as the bard/rogue?

And the villain is some kind of monster-cat who's forcing whole swaths of the countryside into slumber.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Hey, nice skill-testing. http://ff13infoweb.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-2150.html

In summary, average damage looks something like
    Hassou Tobi > Ayamur> String Art Beast > God Hand > One Shot Kill with Boost and Amp > Cross Slash > Brave Slash > Sword Dance > Gigantomakhia

and Hassou Tobi > Riot Gun with Boost and Amp > Agneyastra > Swift Strike > Gigantomakhia > Vorpal Blade.

Sword Dance and Brave Blade crit pretty often, Cross Slash much less often.

Haven't found any testing on Deadly Fury or Rat Fang, yet.

PLA on
  • Options
    PLA wrote: »

Noice.

Look at them chestnut rates.

• Options
    I really like some old google-translations that have been around.

• Options
    PLA wrote: »
    Hey, nice skill-testing. http://ff13infoweb.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-2150.html

In summary, average damage looks something like
    Hassou Tobi > Ayamur> String Art Beast > God Hand > One Shot Kill with Boost and Amp > Cross Slash > Brave Slash > Sword Dance > Gigantomakhia

and Hassou Tobi > Riot Gun with Boost and Amp > Agneyastra > Swift Strike > Gigantomakhia > Vorpal Blade.

Sword Dance and Brave Blade crit pretty often, Cross Slash much less often.

Haven't found any testing on Deadly Fury or Rat Fang, yet.

"However, taking into consideration the critical rate, one shot kill is not lost either. Considering that the God hand usually makes a damage once every 5 times, it can be said that the one-shot kill is stronger in the total thermal power."

And that's with 99 luck. If you have less luck it's going to swing further into One Shot Kill as the crit rate drops for God Hand.

• Options
    GameFAQs wrote:
    Soejima is secretly a Minamoto descendant, whereas Doi is a Taira.

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    I just found out Mishima's voice actor also voiced Revali in Breath of the Wild and my mind is blown.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    tumblr_oopxslnZVK1twuc9ro1_1280.jpg

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    Yea, you can judge me about that... but I still win...

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I'm amused by the nameless news reporter in Shibuya square who sensationalizes every response you give her.

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    603a76e387805921a1dd073c153523e5.jpg

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
  • Options
    7/18:
    So Medjed are basically Anonymous?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Trigger Happy is apparently not really a big help at Luck 99 and Apt Pupil. Can't crit more than always, after all.
    Wonder what multi-targets have good rates.

Oh, neat! Counter is back to working on multiple damage-types, though still fewer than in Persona 3.

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Futaba is a little iffy as a romance option but whatever, they're kids and it's anime. That shit doesn't hold a candle to
    Kawakami. Holy shit, they actually did it. Those absolute madmen.

Zek on
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    So, my time in Mementos has pretty much been a breeze with stupid easy sub-bosses that I had to defend against not to kill off before the confuse trick could line my pockets. And then I ran across one of the Confidant missions bosses and got my ass tore up.
    The Baphomet (Fortune Rank 8) who basically opens up with BrainJack (charm) and then proceeds to slam everyone with Psi (something Makoto--the one character who can heal charm--is weak to). He straight crushed me the first time. I figured out he's weak to ice and still had to keep Makoto on defense just to heal Brainjack every couple turns. It felt like a real difficulty spike in an area that always felts levels behind the rest of the game.

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
This discussion has been closed.