As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warcraft 3] Patch 1.32.3 no desyncs (maybe) no ladder (definitely)

WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
edited March 2020 in Games and Technology
BREAKING FROM BLIZZCON 2018

https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/warcraft-iii-reforged?blzcmp=wcr_shop_hpbottom

KEEP IN MIND THIS IS A "REMASTER" OF WARCRAFT 3: REIGN OF CHAOS. SUPPOSEDLY THE PLAN IS TO BRING IN FROZEN THRONE LATER

old OP below

This is it folks, the last thread you'll ever need because why bother playing any other games? This is the game Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos and Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne. You can thank the rts/rpg hybrid for spawning the moba genre and inspiring tons of others to create other games we all love. That's right this is the grand-daddy. So what's new in grandpa's land? Well there actually was a patch recently:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20753797075
Apr 4
(Edited)

Howdy,

We'll be releasing version 1.28 of Warcraft III tomorrow at 2pm PDT. Expected downtime is two hours. Patch notes:

Specific Changes & Improvements
Added view options: windowed fullscreen (default), windowed (-window), and native fullscreen (-nativefullscr)
Added cursor clamping in game while windowed; unclamped in menus
Data migration now removes the need to run as admin to access saved games
Improved installation and patching performance

Bug Fixes
Fixed WorldEdit to include proper icon and strings for Map Script Validation
Fixed command cards to be hidden again with special coordinates (0, -11) and (-2147483648, -2147483648) within CommandFunc.txt; invalid coordinates will now be ignored
Fixed disconnects from Battle.net at the conclusion of games
Fixed the cinematic player to keep the entire video on screen at any resolution
Fixed an issue that prevented Windows GameDVR from functioning properly
Fixed various bugs and exploits

Known Issues
Players must run as admin during patching process
Players with Mac 10.11 may need to restart their computer the first time after patching/installing to successfully run the game

Q: Isn't this shit like 2 decades old? Who cares?
A: Well "friend" it isn't quite that old, google tells us (since who can remember anything older than 10 minutes ago anymore?) that RoC was released July 3, 2002 with tFT showing up almost exactly a year later July 1, 2003. A mere 15 years ago!

Q: OK so the game is old, why should I care now?
A: Well aside from the historical significance AND THE FACT THAT IT IS GREATEST GAME EVER, Warcraft 3 is getting some attention since blizzard has been beefing up their classic team for some time (https://careers.blizzard.com/en-us/openings/all/all/all/all/classic/1). While the game isn't at the forefront of the esports world at this point in its life (afterlife?) cycle, it is still being played competitively and has several unofficial servers (w3arena, netease) in addition to b.net . As you may have noticed from the recent remaster announcement of StarCraft 1, Blizzard isn't abandoning their old titles and are instead updating them for a modern era.

Q: Fantastic, so we can play a super old game and a handful of people are still paying attention. Who still bothers?
A: More than you might think! Aside from bigger names such as Grubby (twitch.tv/followgrubby/ WC3, SC2, and HotS) and Happy (twitch.tv/yesitshappy SC2 WC3) there are a number of dedicated channels such as Back 2 Warcraft http://www.back2warcraft.com/ twitch.tv/back2warcraft.

Back 2 Warcraft has done a lot of work in keeping the scene alive and cast a lot of events. For specific races and getting started videos there is a mega-thread on the subreddit (/r/wc3)with a bunch of links to youtube videos and some of the larger streamers. I didn't make the thread so you are kinda on your own there. Personally I watch back2warcraft whenever possible, and I found the rezzel build orders for undead to be pretty good.

Q: Events? Wait, like tournaments?

A: You're catching on. There are the Gera Cups, the Russian Brain Cups, there was the WCA but that's up in the air for the time being, and there are rumblings netease is putting something together. This is in addition to other assorted smaller events. Typically these are held in Europe, China, or Korea and correspond to those time zones.

Although I was kinda sorta waiting for a larger content patch (namely one that has a map rotation or balance tweaks in it) the most recent one did allow for a better pipeline to deploy patches. Additionally it added windowed mode support so modern OSs can run full screen windowed or whatever else you may like.

WingedWeasel on

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Ooh I like the look of those patch notes, I tried playing Warcraft 3 again and none of the cinematics would play, I hope this fixes that issue.

I should see what the custom game scene is like, Starcraft 2 has some good ones but in some ways I feel like all the options for messing with stuff have sort of drowned out some of the stuff I liked in Warcraft 3. Not a lot of games like 12 Kingdoms and its ilk on Starcraft 2 that I can see, and there was this great game called Conquest that has something similar on Starcraft 2 but honestly I think the WC3 version is better, among other games. And who can forget Worm Wars?

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    dalith14dalith14 Registered User regular
    Actually bought this and the expansion to link to my Bnet account 6 months back (Lost originals) I remember the original Warcraft being the first game I ever played against my dad and he crushed me. Now I decimate him on any RTS so he doesn't ever want to play with me.

Anyways, bought this for myself and also bought it for my younger 14 year old brother as he never experienced the game, seems like a good time to tell him we need to try it out.

• Options
    Ooh I like the look of those patch notes, I tried playing Warcraft 3 again and none of the cinematics would play, I hope this fixes that issue.

I should see what the custom game scene is like, Starcraft 2 has some good ones but in some ways I feel like all the options for messing with stuff have sort of drowned out some of the stuff I liked in Warcraft 3. Not a lot of games like 12 Kingdoms and its ilk on Starcraft 2 that I can see, and there was this great game called Conquest that has something similar on Starcraft 2 but honestly I think the WC3 version is better, among other games. And who can forget Worm Wars?

hiveworkshop seems to be "the" place for custom game creators. dunno how populous the scene is on b.net for customs though. i primarily play regular 1v1s
    dalith14 wrote: »
    Actually bought this and the expansion to link to my Bnet account 6 months back (Lost originals) I remember the original Warcraft being the first game I ever played against my dad and he crushed me. Now I decimate him on any RTS so he doesn't ever want to play with me.

Anyways, bought this for myself and also bought it for my younger 14 year old brother as he never experienced the game, seems like a good time to tell him we need to try it out.

now is as good a time as any! although i have to warn people there are some known bugs with the 1.28 patch (such as undead buildings don't show they way they are supposed to when being summoned). i don't know if they impact the single player but i am not sure if the new downloader automatically incorporates the new patch or if you are still expected to connect to b.net to get it. as you would imagine i've had mine installed for some time.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Every time I play WC3 I get sad, because I know WoW + the decline of the RTS as a genre has killed the chances of their ever being a WarCraft 4.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Every time I play WC3 I get sad, because I know WoW + the decline of the RTS as a genre has killed the chances of their ever being a WarCraft 4.

i see people say wow killed WC4, and i can understand why they think that but i don't feel it is impossible to do warcraft 4 as a story and still have wow running. i think the lack of interest in RTSs is the bigger issue but maybe even then there is a chance.

regardless there is still hope for WC3HD or remastered or whatever they will call it. competitive WC3 has a variety of wildly different strategies and i think if everything was easier to maintain (part of the goal of this most recent patch) there is the potential they could simply do another xpac for it or something. maybe no story elements but fleshing out the factions with additional units or editing in the retcons.

or adding the other 2 playable races (burning legion and naga), although that's a long shot. unfortunately i was not a huge fan of the WC3 in SC2 map that was released. my understanding is that due to how the maps are constructed essentially trees for lumber were created as individual units, this means that technically there are some absurd numbers of "units" on the map and it just made the entire thing slow to a crawl.

if there were patches again, a remake, or a new installation in the series i'd love to see damage flattened (no ranges just X damage), a change in the drops on maps for less randomness or some indicator as to what items are where instead of merely the green/orange/red, and probably some tweaks to maps. balance wise there are debates that will last to the end of time but i think these would have a substantial change and allow everyone to get a better look at how things work.

plus all the QoL stuff from SC2 would be great.

• Options
    I wouldn't be surprised at all to see WC3 get an HD upgrade with the SC2 engine...I mean that's what Brood War HD is. It's the Brood War game rules re-implemented in SC2's engine.

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    I wouldn't be surprised at all to see WC3 get an HD upgrade with the SC2 engine...I mean that's what Brood War HD is. It's the Brood War game rules re-implemented in SC2's engine.

My understanding is that it is not just a port of BW to SC2. Apparently doing that would make people irrationally upset because SC/BW has certain "quirks" to the gameplay that the SC2 engine fixed or removed.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    It does, they are porting the quirks over. It's still the SC2 engine, it was confirmed somewhere or other...but Blizzard has access to parts of the engine modders don't, so they can reintroduce some of those "quirks" (like only being able to select 12 units at a time).

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    The orc bonus campaign that was a part of TFT, but not in any way tied to the TFT main scenario is amazing and is pretty much the reason why WoW exists.

They really pushed the WC3 game engine to its limits with the "RPG-Lite" elements of that orc campaign. I'm pretty sure that their need/desire to add more roleplaying elements to this bonus campaign was the seed that eventually became WoW.

Also, Orcs rule and everything else sucks.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    It does, they are porting the quirks over. It's still the SC2 engine, it was confirmed somewhere or other...but Blizzard has access to parts of the engine modders don't, so they can reintroduce some of those "quirks" (like only being able to select 12 units at a time).
    I believe shit like pathing is a frequent criticism of the SC2 engine.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    The biggest quirk I can think of in the original SC1 game engine is how units, especially mutalisks in particular just stack on one point. It's really silly, and it allows quick fingered Protoss players the opportunity to kill massive amounts of mutas with a single psi storm.

Back on the topic of WC3, I really hope it gets the inevitable HD port to the modern Blizzard launcher. Heck, I want WC2 ported also.

• Options
    Unit stacking, unit selection, auto-commands (and shift queues) and path finding are going to be the big things people freak out about...and they are all things Blizzard can tweak in the SC2 engine, since they have the source code.

• Options
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    The orc bonus campaign that was a part of TFT, but not in any way tied to the TFT main scenario is amazing and is pretty much the reason why WoW exists.

They really pushed the WC3 game engine to its limits with the "RPG-Lite" elements of that orc campaign. I'm pretty sure that their need/desire to add more roleplaying elements to this bonus campaign was the seed that eventually became WoW.

WC3 and wow were in development alongside each other supposedly.
    I believe shit like pathing is a frequent criticism of the SC2 engine.

my understanding is that the SC2 engine fixed the old pathing issues, and people complain about them being fixed because difficulty

• Options
    Waffles or whateverWaffles or whatever Previously known as, I shit you not, "Waffen" Registered User regular
    I wish Warcraft accounts were permanent and not deleted every 90 days with the old Bnet. I miss my old 1500 Illidan Account :(

Warcraft 3 was the shit though. I played well over 3000+ Ladder Games with it. It was such a great time.

• Options
    PriscaPrisca Registered User regular
    The game of my childhood .. I was so obsessed with maintaining a positive WL ratio that I never stayed with one account. I would've liked to earn an 1500 icon.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    So it's like a MOBA where you make your own lanes?

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Waffles or whateverWaffles or whatever Previously known as, I shit you not, "Waffen" Registered User regular
    Prisca wrote: »
    The game of my childhood .. I was so obsessed with maintaining a positive WL ratio that I never stayed with one account. I would've liked to earn an 1500 icon.

That's one thing that annoyed me about that community was that the entire system was designed around getting and keeping players around ~50%. However, anyone that fell under ~50% was automatically "bad" and wouldn't play any type of ladder games with you. I just happened to get lucky, joined an active clan, and had an unlimited amount of people I could arranged team with. Most of the time we'd just play five to seven games and go X-0 in terms of wins/loses since the ELL system took time to analyze your skill level. Even switching out one player reset the process.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I basically never played 1v1 in warcraft, I bought it to play custom games and 4v4s, mass crypt fiends and yell at my allies when we lost because "I built the anti-air"

I also remember loving those full gameworld maps that would take like 4 hours to play unless someone important didn't know how to play and let the burning legion get the book then everyone would quit after 10 minutes.

I also remember playing Dota when no one understood how dotas worked yet so everyone just slapped each other for an hour.

God I had a lot of fun with this a decade and a half ago

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Some additional fuel for the speculation fire:

Both David Kim and Dustin Browder have left their respective projects to move to a new one within blizzard. you could say coop looking suspiciously like Warcraft 3 and 2 individuals with a lot of experience in RTSs moving on (I don't think there's been any indication that they are on the same project though) to new assignments.

Maybe if we get enough likes/retweets/forwards blizzard will make it happen

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular

Looking at their release dates and knowing the amount of work that goes into making an MMO I can believe it, it might even explain how that bonus campaign has so much WoW-like stuff in it in UI and other terms, they just took what they were doing with WoW and implemented it in Warcraft 3 basically.

I do wish we would get a Warcraft 4 but the problem for me would be that WoW has been going on for 13 years and it has retconned so much shit and and progressed the backstory so much (in ways I don't like but even that isn't necessarily the most important aspect of my issue) it's hard to know if Warcraft 4 would have any of the same feel as Warcraft 3.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options

Looking at their release dates and knowing the amount of work that goes into making an MMO I can believe it, it might even explain how that bonus campaign has so much WoW-like stuff in it in UI and other terms, they just took what they were doing with WoW and implemented it in Warcraft 3 basically.

I do wish we would get a Warcraft 4 but the problem for me would be that WoW has been going on for 13 years and it has retconned so much shit and and progressed the backstory so much (in ways I don't like but even that isn't necessarily the most important aspect of my issue) it's hard to know if Warcraft 4 would have any of the same feel as Warcraft 3.

I think a lot of things can be hand waved by the caverns of time. Or taking a different route since blizzard seems to be hell-bent of sticking story beats into non-wow media (novels, comics, etc) you could start a wow expansion with "many years later" and have wc4 be the bridge. Similarly they could have wc4 be the "army" side and wow be the hero side, so something where they tell the same story but you do it from different perspectives.

Like I said before I think it can be done from the story/gameplay side. The question is whether there is a market for it. Grey goo was the last RTS I remember seeing. Drop zone is a RTS/moba hybrid, and supposedly Dawn of war 3 will be a thing. While people.love to complain about SC2 I don't know if anything would have succeeded in its shoes due to changing market and rose colored glasses.

Given how.long it has been I can't imagine the hypothetical Warcraft 4 would be Warcraft 3 BUT MORE. It will obviously have new knowledge incorporated and different takes because...Well I don't know who is even left from that era at blizzard. That doesn't mean it can't be good.

As an aside I kinda wanna call it w4craft but that might be a little too much. Not sure.

• Options
    They need to advance the WC timeline by like 500 years and go full fantasy steampunk for Warcraft 4. Remove all of the current main story characters and start with a blank slate in the future.

Give us Gnomish locomotives, Goblin factories, and a dark Victorian-esque industrial era Azeroth.

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    This game was like two in one. Learning how to split your time/attention between creeping and base building was a big hurdle.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    They need to advance the WC timeline by like 500 years and go full fantasy steampunk for Warcraft 4. Remove all of the current main story characters and start with a blank slate in the future.

Give us Gnomish locomotives, Goblin factories, and a dark Victorian-esque industrial era Azeroth.

Those all kind of exist in wow. There's a train in some alliance cities, goblins have tons of factories and other facilities, and I think you could argue there are victorian-esque areas in wow already.

500 years is a long time. WC3 to the current expansion I think is like 15-20 years or something in game. At this point I don't know how there is even a population left at all. Actual Victorian era wasn't 500 years ago, I can only imagine what goblins or gnomes would come up with in that sort of time frame.

WingedWeasel on
  • Options
    DOTA imo was the best and worst thing to happen to Warcraft 3. It was great in that it added longevity to the game because lets admit it, WoW absolutely ravaged Warcraft 3's player base. DOTA in that situation actually brought players back and kept them playing for a few more years.

However, DOTA was also the worst thing to happen. DOTA was the first time I actually identified toxic players as being real and DOTA definitely brought out the worst of them. Dealing with them and -banlist was pretty awful.

• Options
    Waffen wrote: »
    DOTA imo was the best and worst thing to happen to Warcraft 3. It was great in that it added longevity to the game because lets admit it, WoW absolutely ravaged Warcraft 3's player base. DOTA in that situation actually brought players back and kept them playing for a few more years.

However, DOTA was also the worst thing to happen. DOTA was the first time I actually identified toxic players as being real and DOTA definitely brought out the worst of them. Dealing with them and -banlist was pretty awful.

I never really noticed the exodus of players to be honest. At the time I was playing a fuck ton of 3v3 and never struggled to get games. I knew people who were heavy into DotA and to this day I can't really understand why as the game was/is super boring to me.

Oddly enough I still see people stream WC3 DotA periodically but no idea what version they are playing.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

Those all kind of exist in wow. There's a train in some alliance cities, goblins have tons of factories and other facilities, and I think you could argue there are victorian-esque areas in wow already.

500 years is a long time. WC3 to the current expansion I think is like 15-20 years or something in game. At this point I don't know how there is even a population left at all. Actual Victorian era wasn't 500 years ago, I can only imagine what goblins or gnomes would come up with in that sort of time frame.

actually 500 years is like 5 minutes in fantasy universes

night elf culture literally stood still for ten thousand years after the war of the ancients, zero changes or territorial expansions or nothing

there wasn't even a political upheaval, tyrande ruled for that entire period of time

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Yes and no. Ultimately it depends on what blizzard wants to do. They could jump into starcraft levels of tech and literally have orcs in space or they could continue and end up in an early 1900's analog.

While it is hand wave-y I think the night elves are an extreme case due to immortality, just having survived an apocalyptic event that is pretty much solely on them (and dealing with the fallout of it), reshaping their culture from arcane to nature, probably intentional efforts to suppress anything else, and a significant portion of the population being unconscious for a super long time. I mean I get that it's weird but you contrast say the humans and they went from vrykul to modern day alliance. Not everything/everyone was rooted.

Even aside from that the other trope is that it history so who cares. In the "active" part of Warcraft shit has hit the fan and I don't honestly know what a 500 year jump would look like. Again a handwave but it truly is up to what story blizzard wants to tell.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I read the war3 reddit a bit and watched some vods when war3 got brought up in the brood war thread. thanks for making this!

somehow I never bought frozen throne

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options

I never really noticed the exodus of players to be honest. At the time I was playing a fuck ton of 3v3 and never struggled to get games. I knew people who were heavy into DotA and to this day I can't really understand why as the game was/is super boring to me.

Oddly enough I still see people stream WC3 DotA periodically but no idea what version they are playing.

The competitive seen is what took the big hit. I have no evidence to prove it but I'd guess something like 2/3rds of the competitive base took off to play WoW. Entire Clans died as many players migrated over to servers like Tichondrius, Kel'Thuzad, Arthas, and Blackrock.

I was overall a big 2v2 and 3v3 guy. While those communities weren't as affected, we did lose a lot of our team compositions to WoW, which kinda sucked. It was a painful few months because I didn't immediately get into WoW and came back to Warcraft 3 and went full hipster when I was 14. I adopted the whole, "Oh WoW sux! War3X forever!" until my closest group of 3v3 and 4v4 AT Friends found me and offered to pay for WoW as a way to lure me back in. It worked and I left War3X forever. :(

• Options

The competitive seen is what took the big hit. I have no evidence to prove it but I'd guess something like 2/3rds of the competitive base took off to play WoW. Entire Clans died as many players migrated over to servers like Tichondrius, Kel'Thuzad, Arthas, and Blackrock.

I was overall a big 2v2 and 3v3 guy. While those communities weren't as affected, we did lose a lot of our team compositions to WoW, which kinda sucked. It was a painful few months because I didn't immediately get into WoW and came back to Warcraft 3 and went full hipster when I was 14. I adopted the whole, "Oh WoW sux! War3X forever!" until my closest group of 3v3 and 4v4 AT Friends found me and offered to pay for WoW as a way to lure me back in. It worked and I left War3X forever. :(

Don't get me wrong, I totally believe that. I was just a random scrub then (and now) so shifts on that end of the scene didn't impact me as much. Now that I'm trying to play "competitively" (the reality is I'll never get there) I'm waaaaay late as that boat set sail a long time ago.

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    I played dota a bit in college, but my jam was Tides of Blood, which was pretty similar to dota.

I got fairly good at...I want to say the Banshee? She wasn't very strong and had a spell where you could mind control a single enemy unit like every five minutes. Nobody played her. But I would just kind of skirt the edges of battle and swipe an enemy unit and have him retreat back to our base. And when I stocked two dozen or so, I'd send them all to the enemy's vault and end their gold supply.

It took awhile but the payoff was awesome.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    I remember preferring tides of blood (and there were a billion other mobas) to DotA but I can't tell you why. I don't really remember much about it.

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    For me it was a much smaller community, and after awhile you started recognizing other players.

Also I was better at it for some reason, so that helped.

Deadfall on
    7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    I didn't mind Tides of Blood. I just remembered that it didn't get updated at one point for a while and I got tired of it. I remember that the Demon Hunter (Leto Atreides?) was super overpowered. That's the extent I remember ToB for.

• Options
    CSStheGr8CSStheGr8 Registered User regular
    I always preferred ToB because the items weren't as important, and to me at least felt like it required more teamwork as a result.

3DS FC: 2363-6921-5075
  • Options
    I remember playing a couple of other AoS', I remember one in particular called something of the Titans I think? Age of Titans, Clash of Titans, something like that. Can't seem to find it anymore which is disappointing. It felt distinct enough from Dota and I liked a lot of the heroes which felt pretty unique and decently balanced. There was a renaissance of AoS/Moba's on Warcraft 3 for a long time, I can't really find any of the ones I used to play now though which is sad.

• Options
    I think the maps I missed the most were those LOTR Maps and the Vampire Ones. The LOTR Maps I just remember were really fun, especially playing as Gondor fighting off Mordor at Osgilliath or running around the maps trying to find the hidden secrets. Vampire Maps were also fun just running around as a Dreadlord corrupting villages as Paladins ran around trying to kill you.

• Options
    I didn't play the vampire ones, but I played a bunch of the lotr maps. It was mind blowing to me at the time that someone say and created that stuff

• Options
    They tried to do it again for SC2, but those maps fell flat. They just weren't as good because they all became, "save up your best unit and suicide charge the spawning structures". It wasn't very much fun. WC3's engine was perfect for it. SC2s might of been if it were slower paced, but nobody ever makes slow paced SC2 maps. :/