Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Hotel Question from a 1st Timer!

ThradiaThradia CanadaRegistered User regular
Hi there!

This is our first time going to PAX. I know that there will be discounted hotel prices when tickets are announced - does anyone have some estimates on what the prices were last year?
We are not opposed to staying further away, just trying to get an idea of hotel costs if we wanted to be right in the convention area. Or any recommendations from anyone? We are willing to pay for a good room - but still want to get the best deal possible of course!

Neither of us have ever been to Seattle so we don't know the lay of the land there.

• IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    Just from what I remember off the top of my head, it can vary from anywhere between $180 - $270 a night depending on where you stay and occupancy you have.

Crowne Plaza last year was $180 a night for 2 people in a single bed
    Grand Hyatt was about $225 a night for 1 bed, 1 person (a buddy of mine stayed there)
    Sheraton usually hovers around $199 a night for a 1 bed but sells out quick.

There's more hotels including the Roosevelt, Hilton, Westin and more, but I'm afraid I don't remember the old prices.

And yeah, hotel costs tend to go up about $20-30 a night when you have more than two people in a room. Hope this helps a little!

Thradia
  • jamsyarbotsjamsyarbots Wilmington, DERegistered User regular
    edited April 13
    Thradia wrote: »
    Hi there!

This is our first time going to PAX. I know that there will be discounted hotel prices when tickets are announced - does anyone have some estimates on what the prices were last year?
    We are not opposed to staying further away, just trying to get an idea of hotel costs if we wanted to be right in the convention area. Or any recommendations from anyone? We are willing to pay for a good room - but still want to get the best deal possible of course!

Neither of us have ever been to Seattle so we don't know the lay of the land there.

Hopefully these will help. I took these screenshots from last year's hotel page.

idglq50djhdr.png
    fures2tg0oma.png

jamsyarbots on
    IncreaseBlueThradiaYoungFreyImsoradCroatian Sensation
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    If you don't mind staying a tad further out, The Moore Hotel is $134/night. Now it is an old hotel with no AC, and that isn't for everybody. But it's also close to Pike Market which I like for food reasons. And some of the rooms have amazing old clawfoot bathtubs. And if you don't mind a bathroom down the hall, you can get rooms for $110.
    3eqyjbd7fk9k.png

Thradia
  • ThradiaThradia CanadaRegistered User regular
    Thanks everyone! That helps a bunch!

• ctiwolfctiwolf Registered User regular
    Im not bashing the posh hotel lifestyle but if you arent staying within walking distance of the convention center id rathere air bnb it and just pay the 100 for parking while your there. You can also stay within 15 mins of the convention at like the airport or north seattle and drive in for considerably cheaper for well under a 100 a night for two

IncreaseBlue
  • DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    Or stay at a hotel right next to the airport and take the light rail into Seattle, light rail takes 35 minutes to get there regardless of traffic, is pretty cheap, no parking needed. Only problem is some of those hotels are kinda sketchy.

IncreaseBlue