Options

It's not just Japan anymore! The whole world's watching to see [Persona 5]'s next move.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Hey girl you ever been on a

p1c4dzomrh3h.jpg

Wanna go on one
    Starting NG+ now

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    I finished Palace three with a whole week to spare! Time to build some skills!

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Done

That was a marathon.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    12/24
    I just finished the 3rd mini boss archangel thing, and saved my game. Am I to expect this next area I walk into will be the end end? Or will I have to spend the rest of my entire life down here?
    Next area is the end, yes. I agree, it was getting tedious at that point, though that's partly because Mementos Depths was so long with so few safe rooms.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Rivers in the Desert is a little hard to understand, but the real offender IMO is Whims of Fate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA0nSkSxA3E

This should help.

The songs were written by Benjamin Franklin, who typically does all Atlus English songs(like the amazing Trauma Team ED).

It's just that Lyn's English isn't the best.

Re: Soundtrack

Huge ending spoilers
    Yaldabaoth and Our Beginning are my absolute favorite tracks. Maybe in the seriesz.

The two tracks, juxtaposed, remind me of Digital Devil Saga's "Om Mani Padme Hm" and the staff roll rearrangement. But I think it's done even better here.

It's like here's your dickhead boss music. And now here's your positively distorted victory fanfare. It's fucking perfect. Two of my favorite tracks in instrumental musical history. Not even restricted to gaming.

I think, overall, P5 has a weaker vocal selection than P4 and especially P4G. There is no equIivalent to Shadow World or Snowflakes. In fact, Winter is kind of a thematic letdown in P5.

But Rivers of the Desert or whatever it's called and Yaldabaoth and it's remix Our Beginning redeem the whole soundtrack IMO.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    for me personally this game had the best soundtrack of any persona and it's not close

there are individual tracks from 3 and 4 that rival songs in this game, like Battle for Everyone's Souls and Reach Out to the Truth, but as a whole this soundtrack kicks their asses

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I maintain it is for the best that the lyrics are incomprehensible

That's actually literally WHY they use english lyrics.

So that the Japanese players they don't actually understand them and they don't distract but they still get to hear singing that sounds cool.

And I'm also in agreement that P5 is the best P soundtrack.

So many of those palace themes were awesome.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Last Surprise is the best battle theme and it's not even close

I got a preview of the soundtrack late last year and it was the big standout, I was praying it was the battle theme and was so excited the first time it came up in-game

It's just a few notches away from being something like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOg_8hCC4u4

Which is tonally perfect for a heist game

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    I think i beat the game at level 72 or 68 so if you're above tjat, the final boss'll be pretty easy.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Best game: P5
    Best cast: P4
    Best soundtrack: P3

these have been the Correct Opinions

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    Best game: P5
    Best cast: P5
    Best soundtrack: P5

these have been the Correct Opinions

ftfy

Unrelated: P5 opening month outsold P4 opening month by 5 times in US.

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    game: P4
    cast: P4
    soundtrack: P5

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I love the p5 cast. I think it has the most memorable non-playable confidants, and the party members are all good.

I think I like the rhythm of the gameplay in p4 better. P5 is a little more structured with when events happen, but I think to its detriment. P3 was still basically experimental and it definitely falls behind the improvements of the sequels.

I get songs from all 3 games stuck in my head but p3 I think best fits the series overall. P5 is a close, close second because it has the most standout individual songs.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I think P5's soundtrack is probably better than P4's on the whole. Life Will Change is the name of the actual heist song, right? That song's fine as hell.

Last Surprise is good but I think I prefer Reach Out to the Truth by a pretty good margin.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    I like last surprise best out of the battle themes.

P5s standout tracks for me are Last Surprise, The Whims of Fate, Life Goes On, and Layer Cake. Rivers in the Desert was good but it should've been used only for its first fight. I didn't like it the next time, it didn't fit.

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Last Surprise grew on me the further I got into the game

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    What's the odds for Hifumi to be a PC in Persona5: Crimson?

Because I take her over Haru any day of the week.

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    zero, and wrong

• Options
    edited May 2017
    I dunno, my previous favorite were these, in tandem, from Digital Devil Saga:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq6i7BfoRb4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPw629D7cEk

And that has been replaced by these two from P5 (major spoilers):

I love both sets because in each case the first song is like the original "struggle" version, and the second song is basically the "victory reprise" which shapes the tone of the song, conceptually reclaiming it as a badge of victory and completion.

I dunno, I just think it's awesome.

Drez on
  • Options
    Omg I just saw the MCs ultimate weapon and now I'm super salty that it's NG+ only and without it his best weapons are just repeat models fffffffffuuuu why couldn't they just make a few more weapon models?!

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    I'm a satchel too
    Atlus masquerade
    Hiding both face and mind
    A place for you to drown

sig.gif
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    I'm a satchel too
    Atlus masquerade
    Hiding both face and mind
    A place for you to drown
    I believe it's "Drown your face in mud", actually... :D

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    I think we hit the garbled translation wall

10/28
    QUIQr0E.jpg?1

That isn't even the worst one in the last half hour. There're been some hella awkward and nonsensical lines but this one is just flat out wrong

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Best: Persona 2, Eternal Punishment. Across the board.
    P5 is definitely the most accessible game yet, though, gameplay wise.
    But for atmosphere, story, and cast, P2 will never be topped for me. Probably the last adult cast we'll ever see, too.
    SilverWind wrote: »

10/28
    QUIQr0E.jpg?1

That isn't even the worst one in the last half hour. There're been some hella awkward and nonsensical lines but this one is just flat out wrong

Probably meant to say 'once and for all', but who knows. The weirdest thing is the spartan devotion to delivering the lines EXACTLY AS WRITTEN.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    It took a minute but I made a half-decent Persona for farming cash

Just got about 800k in one fight, and could have carried it way beyond that if I'd been willing to spend time on it. Is there a cap on your money in this?

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    It took a minute but I made a half-decent Persona for farming cash

Just got about 800k in one fight, and could have carried it way beyond that if I'd been willing to spend time on it. Is there a cap on your money in this?

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Best: Persona 2, Eternal Punishment. Across the board.
    P5 is definitely the most accessible game yet, though, gameplay wise.
    But for atmosphere, story, and cast, P2 will never be topped for me. Probably the last adult cast we'll ever see, too.
    SilverWind wrote: »

10/28
    QUIQr0E.jpg?1

Probably meant to say 'once and for all', but who knows. The weirdest thing is the spartan devotion to delivering the lines EXACTLY AS WRITTEN.

They probably forgot to put in "at" in front of once, I think. I don't blame the VA though, because he probably didn't know the context

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    10 million Yen is literally useless unless you want to level all 210 personas to 99 with optimal skills.

• Options
    I have my reasons and they're plenty good enough

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    When I was near the endgame and making higher level persona and farming weapons and armor from high level
    Personas, I went through 2 million very quickly

never die on
  • Options
    I farmed ¥1.5M for NG+

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Persona 2 is fine and dandy but it sure as hell isn't as fun to lay.

The only less fun Persona was Persona 1, and that's only because I quit playing after it took me all the way to the beginning of a dungeon and told me 'okay, now do it again mister wise guy'.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    persona 2 has a lot of neat ideas and it's borderline unplayable and i would love a remake

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    which persona 2

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    I have to be honest I don't really get the "Persona 2 is unplayable" comments I see a lot of.

Its age is showing, I suppose, but it's not exactly cumbersome or anything, IMO

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    which persona 2

i've only played innocent sin

i assumed they played the same with different stories, is that not right?

• Options
    I have to be honest I don't really get the "Persona 2 is unplayable" comments I see a lot of.

i just straight up could not figure out the fusion system when i played it, and collecting the tarot cards was incredibly tedious

• Options

All the persona games are cumbersome.

But to some extent that's part of the charm.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    DDFKbOKl.jpg

Lunch today

joshofalltrades on
This discussion has been closed.