As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's not just Japan anymore! The whole world's watching to see [Persona 5]'s next move.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    oh shit (P5 ending spoils)
    FAKE IGOR

THE WHOLE TIME

THAT'S WHY THE VOICE

AND HE WASN'T FUSING THE PERSONAS

FUCKIN

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    oh shit (ending spoils)
    FAKE IGOR

THE WHOLE TIME

THAT'S WHY THE VOICE

FUCKIN

Since there's Innocent Sin discussion going, this is P5 ending to be clear.
    There are hints, but they don't really hint at the magnitude of it.

Specifically,
    Late in the Strength link it's very clear something's up, but it kind of bugs me that the game isn't willing to tease more than just vague "something's not right" at you.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I thought that twist (and the other major one) were handled very well

• Options
    P5 finished. 111 hours. That was excellent. 2017 best year for vidyas since 1998.
    Morgana surviving after all kinda came outta nowhere, but I did love how nonchalantly he came back. The actual cat portrait was a nice touch. Maybe is a hint to how the P5 cast will surely still be rockin' their personae in all the coming spinoffs even after the collapse of the Metaverse.

Spent xmas and valentines with Makoto, those scenes were fine but the payoff to romancing errybody else was strong. Loved the beatdown scene, but I did feel bad about Futaba putting in the effort to make a goddamned Mona chocolate. That thing was amazing. :O

BsPUdLe.jpg

and then Sojiro somehow fixed everything. Max Rank Confidant right there. <3

The 11th hour secret god character was better done than Ameno whatever from P4. Definitely stronger ending

And now I once again consider playing P3, then think naaaah maybe next year is the year of a PS4 remake for it.

(also my PS2 is still in the UK, I brought the games over but they're all PAL so I can't get a second console over here to play em)

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    oh shit (P5 ending spoils)
    FAKE IGOR

THE WHOLE TIME

THAT'S WHY THE VOICE

FUCKIN

YOU'LL NEVER SEE IT COMING!

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    P5 finished. 111 hours. That was excellent. 2017 best year for vidyas since 1998.
    Morgana surviving after all kinda came outta nowhere, but I did love how nonchalantly he came back. The actual cat portrait was a nice touch. Maybe is a hint to how the P5 cast will surely still be rockin' their personae in all the coming spinoffs even after the collapse of the Metaverse.

Spent xmas and valentines with Makoto, those scenes were fine but the payoff to romancing errybody else was strong. Loved the beatdown scene, but I did feel bad about Futaba putting in the effort to make a goddamned Mona chocolate. That thing was amazing. :O

BsPUdLe.jpg

The 11th hour secret god character was better done than Ameno whatever from P4. Definitely stronger ending

And now I once again consider playing P3, then think naaaah maybe next year is the year of a PS4 remake for it.

(also my PS2 is still in the UK, I brought the games over but they're all PAL so I can't get a second console over here to play em)

Where are you now?

• Options

BsPUdLe.jpg

Where are you now?

USA! Married Lady Raven and immigrated over here! :D

We're in NH <3

Oh brilliant
  • Options

BsPUdLe.jpg

Where are you now?

We're in NH <3

Awesome! Welcome to the States!

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular

BsPUdLe.jpg

Where are you now?

We're in NH <3

what a small world

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    I am continuing my glacial playthrough of Persona 5. I'm about halfway through the second palace. I still really like this game! Especially the music! It's really good!

I've now beaten the second palace. It seemed way easier and shorter than the first one. The first palace took me probably 5 or 6 days, this one I did in only 2. Is that because I'm getting more used to how the game plays, or is the second dungeon actually a lot shorter/the first one is very long?

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    The first palace actually forces you to spend a bunch of days there as it breaks up the tutorial into sections.

• Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    The first palace actually forces you to spend a bunch of days there as it breaks up the tutorial into sections.

You look tired. You should get some sleep.

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Persona 5 is currently $35 for PS3 and $42 for PS4 on PSN if you have Playstation Plus.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    blaze_zero wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

You look tired. You should get some sleep.

This is easily the most annoying thing in the game.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    What’s the best way to get P4AU? It’s still 60 bucks on PSN.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Ov3rcharge wrote: »

Amazon probably.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Ov3rcharge wrote: »

It's showing $40 usd on PSN right now;
    https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/persona4-arena-ultimax/cid=UP0005-NPUB31563_00-P4AU000000000000

It's $20 usd used at GameStop:

https://m.gamestop.com/product/ps3/games/persona-4-arena-ultimax/115139

• Options
    Oh wow, I didn’t realize it went that low.
    I ask because there’s a group of folks who play this on campus everyday, and I really need to crush bitches with my boy
    Huge P4 spoilers
    Adachi

• Options
    It's still my favorite fighting game but nobody plays anymore

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    It's still my favorite fighting game but nobody plays anymore

There was just a tournament at CEOTaku.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    so I just got to the first save room in palace 3

this is a good videogame

morgana is a much better mascot than teddy

• Options
    All right, I decided to pick up Persona 2: Innocent Sin again, from where I left off, and its time to do some crazy shit:
    Like fight some nazis on a mountain.

-I spent a long ass time trying to remember what I needed to do. I needed to go fight some nazis on a mountain and save sexy photographer guy for Yuki.
    -First shopping! I didn't find any new weapons or armors rumors so I just hit up all of the stores until I found something new. turns out I should have just stayed in the first area, as that was the one with the new shit.
    -Sadly though I did not have enough money for all new armor and weapons.
    -Decided to hit up the Abandoned Factory to see if any new doors were open.
    -there was not, but I did grind for money to buy weapons and gear.
    -suited up, time for the mountain.
    -Lots of shooting and shit apparently, have to take the cable car.
    -....or. It. Lots of nazis with guns. Side path or main path?
    -Fuck it Wolfe stein rules, kill as many nazis as possible, main assault!
    -Side note: I love Tatsuya checked his phone before making the decision, like a nervous tic almost.
    -Chaaaaaaarrggggeeee!!!!
    - despite the censorship, they still siege heil all the time.
    -fuck I forgot to heal before charging the mountain.
    -ahahahaha the captain immediately ran like a bitch.
    -aww the forest isn't full of Nazis for me to slaughter, just normal cultists.
    -Wait never mind there are Nazis for me to beat up.
    -Also apparently wild Shoggoths appear.
    -who cast poison, hose assholes!
    -Ahh these Nazis head spin like excoriated de-oh they are robots.
    -a lot of goddamn stairs for the quick route.
    -The Nazi robots have chainsaws! Assholes.
    -I like the broken machines as I climb the mountain.
    -ooh a river and bridge, maybe I'm near the end?
    -No the Nazis are shooting monks!
    -Old Monk is a bad-ass!
    -Yeah lets fuck em up! Rock on Yuki!
    -God damnit sexy photographer Shunsuke, why you gotta rush into danger?
    -Monk gives us a lecture on being a man.
    -Awww his camera left for Yuki.... he's totally gonna die.
    -Great now it's raining meteors.....
    -Ahahahaha head monk speaks the truth: "rumors spread about all of this shit caused it to happen."
    -Fuck more mountain to climb.
    -ahahahaha is this Tartarus from 3? So many floors.....
    -I made it to the top!
    -Oh damn cultists, fighting nazis with guns and robits is going terribly for you.
    -Oh great the robits are anti-Persona units.
    -Ah shit we're surrounded!
    -Oh great, I have to choose whose gonna be macho.
    -Well, if anyone's gunna do it, its going to be Katsuya. It continues me thinking of him as a Squall-esque character.
    -Let's dance motherfucker! I'm gunna kick yo nazi ass!
    -Your gun is no match for fire!
    -Oh fuck my Persona is sealed. Luckily I have Ohnusa punk.
    -Alright game I get it, you're going to keep my Persona sealed, as this is the third time I've healed it for you to immediately apply the block again.
    -And nazi robit is down!
    -Unsurprisingly, they shot the cameraman.
    - :bigfrown: ....Yukki....
    -Ah shit game, this is a hard decision. Let her stop fighting and watching people die, or encourage her to push on and continue to deal with all this hellish shit......
    -I need you to fight with us Yukki...just a little longer. (You'd deny his last request is a shitty response to say to her though. Total Squall move).
    -It having been a month I completely forgot about Anna.
    -Fuck yeah new Persona! Its Durga! Who looks badass!
    -I loved yuki's reaction of oh...thanks, Philemon, I guess.
    -I want to save game, don't make me go into the dungeon yet!
    -Oh good, I can go to the cable car and save instead. That's enough emotion for one night.

Even after a month away, game is still real good.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    never die wrote: »
    All right, I decided to pick up Persona 2: Innocent Sin again, from where I left off, and its time to do some crazy shit:

-I spent a long ass time trying to remember what I needed to do. I needed to go fight some nazis on a mountain and save sexy photographer guy for Yuki.
    -First shopping! I didn't find any new weapons or armors rumors so I just hit up all of the stores until I found something new. turns out I should have just stayed in the first area, as that was the one with the new shit.
    -Side note: I love Tatsuya checked his phone before making the decision, like a nervous tic almost.
    -Chaaaaaaarrggggeeee!!!!
    -Old Monk is a bad-ass!
    -Ahahahaha head monk speaks the truth: "rumors spread about all of this shit caused it to happen."
    -I made it to the top!
    -Oh damn cultists, fighting nazis with guns and robits is going terribly for you.
    -Well, if anyone's gunna do it, its going to be Katsuya. It continues me thinking of him as a Squall-esque character.
    -Alright game I get it, you're going to keep my Persona sealed, as this is the third time I've healed it for you to immediately apply the block again.
    -And nazi robit is down!
    -Ah shit game, this is a hard decision. Let her stop fighting and watching people die, or encourage her to push on and continue to deal with all this hellish shit......
    -I need you to fight with us Yukki...just a little longer. (You'd deny his last request is a shitty response to say to her though. Total Squall move).
    -Oh good, I can go to the cable car and save instead. That's enough emotion for one night.

One of many branching points. Although....
    I think you made the wrong choice.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Mishima dude please stop trying so hard it's gonna be ok

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

Fuck that guy

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »

Fuck that guy

Nobody fuck that guy

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    Eh I think he turned it around doing his link but the story doesn't really reflect that. He's a total schmuck for most of the game though.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options

Fuck that guy

he needs a single person in his life to treat him like he has value but also not to feed his delusion, which is really what bothers me about is link so far

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    mishima is a recovering abuse survivor with severe self-esteem issues, I too hate him

SCREECH OF THE FARG on
    gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options

Fuck that guy

he needs a single person in his life to treat him like he has value but also not to feed his delusion, which is really what bothers me about is link so far

It's been a long time since I played the game, but can't you call him out multiple times during the link?
    cj iwakura wrote: »

-Chaaaaaaarrggggeeee!!!!
    -Old Monk is a bad-ass!
    -I made it to the top!
    -And nazi robit is down!

Are you referring to the not letting Yuki stay choice?

• Options

Fuck that guy

It's been a long time since I played the game, but can't you call him out multiple times during the link?

-Chaaaaaaarrggggeeee!!!!
    -Old Monk is a bad-ass!
    -I made it to the top!
    -And nazi robit is down!

Are you referring to the not letting Yuki stay choice?
    Yes. I think you're supposed to leave her be.

Could be wrong though.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    You're wrong.
    If you got Durga, you made the right choice

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options

Fuck that guy

you can't but you get little to no link points

it's fucking weird because the link rewards you for feeding into his delusions which is completely the opposite of everything else the game is about

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

Fuck that guy

it's fucking weird because the link rewards you for feeding into his delusions which is completely the opposite of everything else the game is about

Moon is one of the links where it will advance no matter what options you pick I think.

• Options
    Madican wrote: »

Fuck that guy

Moon is one of the links where it will advance no matter what options you pick I think.

I thought I found out that was the case as well. Also, I will totally burn an S.Link/Confidant to say what I think is the right response in it. Even if it takes much longer to play, because of the way I play the games.

• Options
    Madican wrote: »

Fuck that guy

ok that makes me feel way better then

• Options
    Blackjack wrote: »
    You're wrong.

It's been a while.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Blackjack wrote: »
    You're wrong.

It's been a while.

Oh, totally. Sorry if it sounded like I was being all "god cj why aren't you a REAL GAMER FAN" or whatever. Just didn't want never die to worry and didn't want to go into specifics on the repercussions of each so possibly went too far in the other direction.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/bvyCAFV9MbM
    Shin Megami Tensei V is a switch exclusive

This discussion has been closed.