As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Clone [Chat]

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Joan of Arc, the moody goth.
    wait, why is Skippy already job hunting? didn't you just move to a new state for a new jerb?

Wife's new job.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    zepherin wrote: »
    Athenor wrote: »
    HerrCron wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    wandering wrote: »
    Haha, the FAQ page for my local Viking-themed vegan bakery:
    Q: Do you do gluten free?
    A: No

Q: Do you offer organic?

Q: How about now? Gluten free?
    A: Still no

Q: Do you use artificial pigment?
    A: Only by request

Q: Do you offer sugar free?

Q: Do you offer grain free/paleo?

Q: Do you do vegan items?
    A: All of our products are free of dairy, egg, honey, and other animal products. We also strive to make veganism approachable to all by utilizing “accidentally vegan” ingredients like Oreos and Fruity Pebbles. You can read more about accidentally vegan products here: http://www.peta.org/living/food/accidentally-vegan/. Because of this, some of our products will contain foods processed on shared equipment and will contain traces of common allergens. If you have any allergen concerns, please contact us.

Q: Have you tried making gluten free?
    A: Yep. It’s not what we do. We do not offer gluten free

Q: Are your doughnuts gluten free?
    A: No. See above.

Q: Can I special order gluten free?
    A: No.
    :heartbeat:

There seems to be a common theme here.

Is it that they're dicks?

Not gonna lie: Saw an explanation page linking to PETA and they kinda turned me off of ever visiting them. You can cite better sources.

literally any source

NAMBLA

NRA

Anyone is better than PETA
    I'm pretty sure NAMBLA links get you put on a watch list.

NRA has some good source material. For what they do, they have a surprising amount of documentation.
    Also their membership offers a lot more than PETA or ACLU.

Come on liberal groups you need to up your ante. For 40 bucks I can get a firearms insurance policy, a magazine subscription, discount range fees, insurance discounts, as well as low interest loans. NRA membership if you are a gun owner has value.

thatsthejoke.jpg

however

But.. is PETA considered a liberal group? They're straight up terrorist organization last I knew.

I can understand people disliking them but they've never gotten near the level that anyone has seriously put them on a terrorist organization list. ELF for sure but that is a completely separate organization.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    So quick cultural question... Do people from actual africa tend to respond with yes to literally everything you say? I only ask because we just got a new guy at work who does that and I was wondering if it was cultural or just some habit he picked up along the way.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    wait, why is Skippy already job hunting? didn't you just move to a new state for a new jerb?

Daddy two peepees jobs.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Ghandi, the poser partyboi.
    Feral wrote: »
    Also good, but you won't taste the maple flavour, just the sweetness.

Interesting reaction. I only detect maple flavor if it's used sparingly. Otherwise it's just sugar.

I sometimes wonder if my immune system is somewhat compromised by my bad sleep habits to the point where I'm hyposmic due to minor chronic congestion.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

I believe it was Skipwife whose job they moved for (EM I want you to enjoy how I formed this sentence)

Skippy was able to keep his job via teleworking, but I am thinking that was either a temporary arrangement or in some other way suboptimal for him / them, so he feels the wanderlust

As a young hodgeheg does

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Wife's new job.

Ahh, makes sense. I was concerned for a moment that make the industry over in that region suddenly collapsed and I hadn't seen it in my filters.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I also just automatically use half the sugar and half the citrus called for by any cocktail recipe I find online.

Too many cocktail recipes taste like lightly-spiked lemonade to me.

But I also hand such cocktails over to people who aren't used to my palate and they make that exhale response to represent that it's too spirit-forward, so *shrug*

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I just heard my first Run the Jewels song. "Call Ticketron" ... that was fast!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    PETA adopts animals so they can kill them. They're awful people.

What makes you think this?

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

Someone marry her so I can be her friend please

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    hmm

looks like june/july is bonus paycheck month

where you get like 5 pay checks in 2 months

so i only have to pay rent on 2 of those and get like a whole extra pay check

it's always nice when my biweekly pay lines up to 3 in a month even if it's functionally the same since every other one pays rent basically

agree, well kinda

( i feel like this might bore into weight lifting 3.5 workouts in a week type discussion but bear with me)

lets say i want to pay rent a few days (4 to 5) before the end of month so my roommate isn't waiting on me for the cash, so usually i'll give my roommate rent on whatever the 2nd pay check in the month is, unless it's absurdly early in the month

my upcoming pay checks are

April 21st - Rent
    May 5th
    May 19th - Rent
    June 2nd
    June 16th - Rent
    June 30th
    July 14th - Rent
    July 28th
    August 11th
    August 25th - Rent

eventually i hit that spot in July/August where i followed the 'pay rent every other paycheck' routine and ended up paying rent for August on the 14th of July
    then the 28th of July rolls around, i don't need to pay August because I've already done it, August 11th shows up and I'm still good for August and too early for September, then i finally pay rent again for September on August 25th

so even if i follow that 'pay rent every other paycheck' routine i do, eventually i make a choice on what extra paycheck i don't pay rent on

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    I just heard my first Run the Jewels song. "Call Ticketron" ... that was fast!

Danger Dick'll Do Your Momma.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Abe, the lovable everyman.
    TL DR wrote: »

A: All of our products are free of dairy, egg, honey, and other animal products. We also strive to make veganism approachable to all by utilizing “accidentally vegan” ingredients like Oreos and Fruity Pebbles. You can read more about accidentally vegan products here: http://www.peta.org/living/food/accidentally-vegan/. Because of this, some of our products will contain foods processed on shared equipment and will contain traces of common allergens. If you have any allergen concerns, please contact us.

Not gonna lie: Saw an explanation page linking to PETA and they kinda turned me off of ever visiting them. You can cite better sources.

literally any source

NAMBLA

NRA

NRA has some good source material. For what they do, they have a surprising amount of documentation.

Come on liberal groups you need to up your ante. For 40 bucks I can get a firearms insurance policy, a magazine subscription, discount range fees, insurance discounts, as well as low interest loans. NRA membership if you are a gun owner has value.

NRA can operate as a loss leader for profiting on gun sales, though
    NRA doesn't sell guns though, they pair with gun stores to list them, in exchange for membership discounts. They also sell accessories and tactical gear. If you pull up their financials most of their money comes from memberships. They just use pairing agreements to get add-ons and extras at low to no cost.

It's a better system.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/05/pets-shelter-euthanization-rate_n_6612490.html

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

I believe it was Skipwife whose job they moved for (EM I want you to enjoy how I formed this sentence)

Skippy was able to keep his job via teleworking, but I am thinking that was either a temporary arrangement or in some other way suboptimal for him / them, so he feels the wanderlust

As a young hodgeheg does

That sentence is perfectly fine

• Options
    Thomamelas wrote: »

literally any source

NAMBLA

NRA

The NRA source material tends to piss me off, mostly because it has the historical accuracy of a Spicer press conference.
    It's a strawmans wet dream, but they have a lot of strawmen.

• Options
    essentially what i learned after graduating college and joining the full-time work force is that secretly there are 13 months

Arch,
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    essentially what i learned after graduating college and joining the full-time work force is that secretly there are 13 months

My project manager is trying to squeeze 15 months of work into 3. so.. yeah.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Are you not anti PETA, wandering
    I don't know. I feel instinctively a little defensive whenever they are attacked because usually it is a meat eater doing the attacking and it often feels like a proxy attack on vegetarianism, tho I don't know if that's really the case

I do think some of their campaigns/ads are over the top? Also apparently they euthanize the vast majority of animals in their shelters? And while I am not necessarily anti euthanasia still maybe they shouldn't be euthanizing so much. *shrug* I don't send em money every month or anything

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Ok time to leave forever you people bore me now I need to broaden my horizons I need to flap my wings and soar I need to blossom into the beautiful flower I was always meant to be farewell my friends farewell dont forget me just because I will forget you

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    skippy is a kept man

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    JFK, the preppy jock.
    I'm weird in that I prefer semimonthly over biweekly

I want to get the same amount every month

this extra cash throwin' off my budget

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    <3

Dumping on Fizz every game as Lux against folks who think COUNTERPICK IS WIN

You're not in Kansas anymore, motherfucker

...I've been playing on my smurf account who is a Lux main, but I'm still not an experienced midlaner so I got completely fucking destroyed by a Fizz yesterday; it was such a trainwreck

also into Zed I feed uncontrollably every time, it's horrifying

I know how not to feed as adc and support but sometimes I am the 0-7 midlaner and really questioning my life choices

credeiki on
    Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Feral wrote: »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/05/pets-shelter-euthanization-rate_n_6612490.html

So I've seen this before, but sniperguy phrased it as though it was PETA's goal to kill the animals. Which is clearly not the case.

What is clearly the case is they run an open shelter and can't get any animals adopted and end up killing most of them because of poorly thought out principles and bad policies crashing into logistical realities.

• Options
    hmm

it's always nice when my biweekly pay lines up to 3 in a month even if it's functionally the same since every other one pays rent basically

agree, well kinda

( i feel like this might bore into weight lifting 3.5 workouts in a week type discussion but bear with me)

lets say i want to pay rent a few days (4 to 5) before the end of month so my roommate isn't waiting on me for the cash, so usually i'll give my roommate rent on whatever the 2nd pay check in the month is, unless it's absurdly early in the month

April 21st - Rent
    May 5th
    May 19th - Rent
    June 2nd
    June 16th - Rent
    June 30th
    July 14th - Rent
    July 28th
    August 11th
    August 25th - Rent

eventually i hit that spot in July/August where i followed the 'pay rent every other paycheck' routine and ended up paying rent for August on the 14th of July
    then the 28th of July rolls around, i don't need to pay August because I've already done it, August 11th shows up and I'm still good for August and too early for September, then i finally pay rent again for September on August 25th

so even if i follow that 'pay rent every other paycheck' routine i do, eventually i make a choice on what extra paycheck i don't pay rent on

Just an aside, I find that my finances are more stable when I set aside one-half of rent each paycheck.

So like right now my portion of rent is $1100 and I'm trying to set aside $500 for savings, I automatically transfer $800 from each paycheck to my savings account. Then on the 28th of every month I transfer $1100 back to my checking account for rent.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I should clarify that they run shelters and accept owner pets and then put them down at a staggering rate.

I'm not sure if they go to other shelters and adopt those animals just to put them down, but honestly I would not put it past them.

• Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    hmm

agree, well kinda

April 21st - Rent
    May 5th
    May 19th - Rent
    June 2nd
    June 16th - Rent
    June 30th
    July 14th - Rent
    July 28th
    August 11th
    August 25th - Rent

I budget monthly, but there are 26 pay cycles and 12 months, so two months get an extra paycheck. But there's not in the budget, so other than some off the top to top off IRAs for the year, it's all fun money.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

As a young hodgeheg does

That sentence is perfectly fine

I meant to ruin it more but I'm kind of loopy and accidentally typed it the right way 'round

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I get paid monthly.

Budgeting made easy.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Fkin Jungleroom.

Won't date me unless I get him 12 black diamonds :(

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Man when someone who had cancer comes back to work before someone with an undisclosed neck pain then I think its time to cut ties with neck pain lady.

I often find myself thinking about the two instances I witnessed where a co-worker leaves work because of cancer, comes back for a few months/a year, and then dies of cancer and I despair at the thought of them wasting those back-to-work months and all the years I am also wasting before also inevitably dying of cancer and oh my god we're all going to die and this is all for nothing.

I have tomorrow off though and I think I'm gonna play like twenty hours of Zelda and finish it tonight/tomorrow.

• Options
    Aioua wrote: »

This doesn't make sense though.

Months don't have equal numbers of days, so even with semimonthly you never get the same amount every month. Your semimonthly paychecks for February will always be smaller than your paychecks for March.

With biweekly at least you get the same amount per paycheck.

• Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I get paid monthly.

Budgeting made easy.
    So what your saying is you pay your bills, and ball the fuck out, but at the end of the month you are eating a lot of PB+J?

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

I budget around 4 paychecks a month

it's never less than that

and the 5 paycheck months are an added little bonus

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    yeah but it's fun to look and see 'hey extra pay check woo'

Arch,
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Black diamonds are just pieces of coal

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »

literally any source

NAMBLA

NRA

The NRA source material tends to piss me off, mostly because it has the historical accuracy of a Spicer press conference.
    It's a strawmans wet dream, but they have a lot of strawmen.

They tend to be the biggest purveyor of the myth that the Nazis disarmed the Jews to make the Holocaust easier. Germany was disarmed as a nation well before the Nazi rise to power. The Treaty of Versailles limited the total number of firearms Germany was allowed and that applied to civilian firearm ownership as well as military. To keep a standing military the population was disarmed. Among others myths. They make a pretty deliberate effort to lie. Wayne LaPierre has done shitty things to the NRA as an organization.

• Options

I budget around 4 paychecks a month

it's never less than that

and the 5 paycheck months are an added little bonus

Getting paid weekly is fantastic.

• Options
    budgeting sucks.

This discussion has been closed.