As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Obamacare repeal]: Senate AHCA rewrite - kill Medicaid to fund tax cuts for the rich

19596979899101»

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Senator Toomey has decided to go with the strategy of flat out lying.

Politico writer:

Is there any way to claim this isn't a lie?

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Cassidy is saying he will switch to a "yes" if it's changed to not hurt Louisiana. So if you're in Louisiana, call him too saying that's impossible with the Medicaid cuts.

The only way to change this law to not actually hurt Louisiana would be to amend it to be empty.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Well, the claim would also be a lie.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Oh and then said this.
    “Obamacare took Medicaid, which was designed to help the poor, the needy, the sick, disabled, also children and pregnant women, it took it and went way above the poverty line to many able-bodied Americans who ... should at least see if there are other options for them.”

She added: “If they are able-bodied and they want to work, then they’ll have employer-sponsored benefits like you and I do.”

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_594fce98e4b05c37bb770cb7?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

Just. Goddamn.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Christ, fuck anyone who invites that woman to talk about issues when she just lies ALL THE TIME.

At least Toomey is a Senator so his comments are of public interest, even if they're all bullshit.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    Oh and then said this.
    “Obamacare took Medicaid, which was designed to help the poor, the needy, the sick, disabled, also children and pregnant women, it took it and went way above the poverty line to many able-bodied Americans who ... should at least see if there are other options for them.”

She added: “If they are able-bodied and they want to work, then they’ll have employer-sponsored benefits like you and I do.”

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_594fce98e4b05c37bb770cb7?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

Just. Goddamn.

Wisconsin is the only non-expansion State that allows childless poor to qualify for Medicaid at all. The ACA is literally the only time the reality of Medicaid lined up with public perceptions of it as a poor person entitlement.

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    Oh and then said this.

Just. Goddamn.

Yeah, all those poverty level jobs that give full medical benefits, woo. There sure are a ton of them huh?

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »
    CNN reporter here, and this is a crazy statement

Objectively false!

Well what if you consider the poor and disabled non-people?

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I was under the impression that the tax cuts were a necessary feature in order to make it eligible for reconciliation? Like, it has to have a fiscal
    Couscous wrote: »
    Senator Toomey has decided to go with the strategy of flat out lying.

Politico writer:

Is there any way to claim this isn't a lie?

Were the scare quotes part of the original statement?

'The GOP bill will "make permanent" the Medicaid expansion and "nobody" loses "coverage".'

There you go.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Also: we're at 100 pages. If some enterprising soul would like to make a new op, i will lock this down.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    New thread is up. Sorry, if someone else was working on one.

This discussion has been closed.