As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Total War] Roman man-things main-kill each other in Empire Divided for Rome II!

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    18342720_1466546286753900_1318800671655443325_n.jpg?oh=6743fba40ce4eae46a88e8a47496b92a&oe=59C28395

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    Usually they post something like that when a big reveal is due. That's what they did last time wasn't it?

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    O_O
    It's either related to the previous Krog-gar reveal (Xhotl is the origin city of Krog-gar)....or the pre-release DLC is daemons of chaos (Krog-gar is the lone survivor when the city was overrun by daemons)!

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Lizardmen in game trailer tomorrow .....

They've posted an update to the this Facebook about it.

• Options
  • Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    hah, take that silly elves!

• Options
    I was hoping for a more in depth look at the units but this will do!

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Those Asurai look a lot more snazzy then the original cgi trailer.

But gib-gib ratmen.

Or a shot of the campaign map.

• Options
    That many High Elf archers missing? Wallbanger :P

Wizard actually hitting a flyer? Also wallbanger :P

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    I'm not sure if someone mentioned this before, but the Vampire Coast captain could be the pre order dlc. He'd have pirate and naval themed armies and apparently he likes cannons.

Edit: it would also be an excuse to put Alestorm in a trailer for him.

Kadoken on
  • Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I am just looking forward to eating people with my cold ones.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    I suspect lizardmen will play in similar fashion to undead. Lots of cheap infantry (skinks) with powerful cavalry and monstrous creatures.

Key difference being the magic they employ and some ranged units (beamy stegasaurus, skinks with darts)

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Kruite wrote: »
    I suspect lizardmen will play in similar fashion to undead. Lots of cheap infantry (skinks) with powerful cavalry and monstrous creatures.

Key difference being the magic they employ and some ranged units (beamy stegasaurus, skinks with darts)

I hear Lizardmen are more of a smash into the enemy with Saurus warriors and various dinosaurs, while your Slann Mage-Priests and Skink priest raise magical hell and your skink warriors and terradon riders provide skirmish support. Lizardmen's Cold Blooded trait means those Saurus are almost dwarf-like in their ability to not break, but like the dwarfs they tend to be slow. Most of their ranged is limited to skink blowdarts and javelins, which aren't very good against long-range missile or armored infantry, leaving them to mostly protecting your flanks while your Terradon riders and some of the faster monsters deal with enemy missile and artillery.

The loads of cheap infantry race in this game is hands down the Skaven. Skaven slaves sole purpose is to die in the place of Clan rats, who themselves are expect to die in the place of pretty much everything else while at least inflicting some casualties before they break and run.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CuddlyCuteKittenCuddlyCuteKitten Registered User regular
    I just want tomb kings but I guess I wont get them for quite a while. :(

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaow - Felicia, SPFT2:T
  • Options
    Waffles or whateverWaffles or whatever Previously known as, I shit you not, "Waffen" Registered User regular
    I just want tomb kings but I guess I wont get them for quite a while. :(

I want Tomb Kings just so that the Orc vs Dwarf fight in the Badlands gets interesting for once

• Options
    Lizardmen roster reveal and discussion tomorrow (16th may) at 1600 BST via their Facebook page.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Lizardmen roster!!!
    THE LIZARDMEN

Millennia ago, besieged by a Chaos invasion, a conclave of High Elf mages forged a vast, arcane vortex. Its purpose was to draw the Winds of Magic from the world as a sinkhole drains an ocean, and blast the Daemonic hordes back to the Realm of Chaos. Now the Great Vortex falters, and the world again stands at the brink of ruin.

Powerful forces move to heal the maelstrom and avert catastrophe. Yet others seek to harness its terrible energies for their own bitter purpose. The race is on, and the very fate of the world will lie in the hands of the victor.

Atop his palanquin-throne, the Slann Mage-Priest Mazdamundi directs his Lizardmen war-hosts as they surge northward from Lustria. He is intent on preventing cataclysm, though the methods of The Old Ones must prevail.

LEGENDARY LORDS

Players choosing the Lizardmen will be able to select from the following Legendary Lords with which to lead their Grand Campaign.

MAZDAMUNDI
    Lord Mazdamundi is the oldest and most powerful of the living Slann Mage-Priests. With a matchless mind unfathomable to others, Mazdamundi is obstinate in his ways and will not be deterred from that upon which he has decided. Although it took many interruptions to his thoughtful contemplations, at last the great Mazdamundi has stirred himself, shaking off the lethargy that has afflicted so many of his kind.

When riled, the Lord of the Solar-City will levitate his palanquin-throne atop the largest Stegadon that can be found. The current beast, a colossal specimen named Zlaaq, has served Mazdamundi for almost five hundred years. Once aloft on his mount, Mazdamundi will march out at the head of the armies of Hexoatl. With a flick of his wrist, Mazdamundi has smashed cities and doomed armies. His Great Purpose does not allow for mercy…

KROQ-GAR
    Kroq-Gar is an ancient Saurus, the last remaining warrior from the now ruined temple-city of Xhotl. It was none other than the great Lord Mazdamundi that summoned Kroq-Gar to his temple-city, choosing him to lead the great Saurus armies that remained. Since that day, Mazdamundi has assigned Kroq-Gar the sacred task of exterminating those creatures not part of the Old Ones’ Great Plan.

Over this long existence, Kroq-Gar has fought many wars – leading the armies of Hexoatl, or joining other hosts to aid them in battle. There is no continent upon which Kroq-Gar and Grymloq have not fought, but for the last defenders of Xhotl, the battle is not yet over.

ROSTER

Caster Lord Lord Mazdamundi
    Mounts: Platform, Zlaaq (Ancient Stegadon)

Melee Kroq-Gar
    Mounts: Foot, Cold One, Horned One, Grymloq (Carnosaur)

Caster Lord Slann Mage Priest
    Mounts: Platform Only

Melee Lord Saurus Old-Blood
    Mounts: Foot, Cold One, Carnosaur

Melee Hero Saurus Scar-Veteran
    Mounts: Foot, Cold One, Carnosaur

Missile Hero Skink Chief
    Mounts: Foot, Terradon, Stegadon & Ancient Stegadon

Caster Hero Skink Priest
    Mounts: Foot, Terradon, Stegadon & Ancient Stegadon

Melee Infantry Skink Cohort (Shields)
    Melee Infantry Saurus Warriors
    Melee Infantry Saurus Warriors (Shields)
    Melee Infantry Saurus Spears
    Melee Infantry Saurus Spears (Shields)
    Melee Infantry Temple Guards
    Missile Infantry Skink Cohort (Javelins)
    Missile Infantry Skink Skirmishers (Blowpipes)
    Missile Infantry Chameleon Skinks
    Melee Monstrous Infantry Kroxigors
    Melee Cavalry Feral Cold Ones
    Melee Cavalry Cold One Riders
    Melee Cavalry Cold One Spear-Riders
    Melee Cavalry Horned Ones
    Flying Missile Cavalry Terradon Riders
    Flying Missile Cavalry Terradon Riders (Fireleech Bolas)
    Melee Monster Feral Bastiladon
    Melee Monster Feral Stegadon
    Melee Monster Feral Carnosaur
    Missile Monster Bastiladon (Revivification Crystal)
    Missile Monster Bastiladon (Solar Engine)
    Missile Monster Stegadon (Giant Crossbow)
    Missile Monster Ancient Stegadon (Giant Blowpipes)

SharpyVII on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited May 2017
    Solid list. Little surprised Salamanders didn't make the cut, but they probably have enough ranged.

A duck! on
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Some (not 100% final) details on how they all play from the livestream:

-Mazamundi is the best caster so far, and is going to have special abilities to show how much of a better caster he his compared to absolutely everyone else (at least in the Old World.)

-Relatively high leadership across the board, even for Skinks, who make up the Lizardmen's light infantry. This is not an army that routs easily.

-Saurus units (other than temple guard) and dinos not controlled by Skinks or a hero/lord (other than a Scar Veteran riding a Carnosaur) will start to rampage when heavily damaged, charging down the nearest enemy and not stopping unless it's dead, they finally rout, or are healed.

-Skinks, being aquatic in nature, will fight better in marshes.

-Feral monsters (particularly Cold Ones) were added largely because it was decided no Lizardman army should ever be without dinosaurs at any point in the campaign. Ferals will be cheaper and show up earlier in the campaign, but lack the weaponry of tamed beasts and have the rampaging issue mentioned above (with feral cold ones rampaging faster than those mounted by Saurus.)

-Revivification Crystal Bastiliadon is a brand new unit not found in TT. Basically a Corpse Cart w/ bell, healing and even reviving Lizardman models to keep them from rampaging.

-All Lizardmen units will have the Cold-Blooded skill, and active ability that heals them, but also weakens them while it's going on. Great for taking back control of a rampaging unit and getting them out of the trouble they've found themselves in. CA wants to alter the pace of battle in the sequel, make pulling out units and having reserves be a thing, and this is part of that.

-How would the battle designer use them? Skirmish with skinks as the Saurus infantry and dinos make for the front line. most Lizardmen units are fairly slow (Cold Ones were mentioned to be around Orc Boar Riders in speed, with Saurus being slightly faster than Chaos Warriors/Chosen.) Also most artillery will outrange yours, and with rampaging being an issue you want those Skinks to distract that enemy missile and artillery if you want to get away with any fancy flanking maneuvers with your feral monsters (or watch them charge head-first into those spears that just happen to be closest.)

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    So, if they're going to do rampaging with Lizardman, does that mean Skaven will have some of their "fun" from TT? (Right now I'm picturing a Warp-Lightning cannon spinning in place firing off randomly and can't stop giggling.)

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I am still sad that Hellcanons don't just randomly eat their crew.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »
    -Revivification Crystal Bastiliadon is a brand new unit not found in TT. Basically a Corpse Cart w/ bell, healing and even reviving Lizardman models to keep them from rampaging.

I knew that sounded new. Shame we don't get the magical ark that just creates infinite snakes. I imagined it creating just a river of snakes that washed over the enemy. Perhaps we'll see it later.
    So, if they're going to do rampaging with Lizardman, does that mean Skaven will have some of their "fun"? (Righter now I'm picturing a Warp-Lightning cannon spinning in place firing off randomly and can't stop giggling.)

Well, if not, then what even is the point? Why even make this game at all?

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Man, it feels really nice getting a nice gun line. Restarted and on my fourth hard Clan Angrund game (Ambushes are great) and I'm finally getting out of the base units. Crossbows and bows need to up their game, because the roar of the guns and the smoke is so satisfying. I feel they should speed them up by a little bit and make their sounds more punchy. I feel like Shogun 2 had better effects in that department. It also helped that they had flame arrows and Warhammer doesn't.

Also the Clan Angrund province might be the worst to defend ever. It takes too long to get anywhere, and I thought Middenland was bad but Middenland will take you like two turns to get around but The Vaults take you like 3-4 just from closest region to closest region.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Presumably Skaven will have a similar, but different mechanic

• Options
    They need to stop teasing and give us a release date

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Kruite wrote: »
    They need to stop teasing and give us a release date

That or start teasing more skaven more often.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Or give us a map. I love maps.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    You ever wonder how they spend this much money on these fancy animations but have none for reloading animations for guns and artillery?

I loved the cannon loading animations and the linemen reloading their guns in FOTS.

Edit: Augh. The crashy nature of multiple mods. I've tried Tilea and Brettonia and using that Modern Warfare mod but it all crashes.

I also realized I don't actually want to play other factions. I want to play the Empire in different places. Hopefully if they include Estalian/Tilean Conquistadors in Warhammer 2 besides a general conquistador skin they are identical. I was kind of into dwarves but they need to give them cooler artillery.

Kadoken on
  • Options
    Actual quote from one article:
    "The fourth race hasn't been ratified yet," said communications manager Al Bickham. Ratified. He actually said ratified. I don't know what I'm even doing anymore. I quit.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    "Ratified"

<3 Creative Assembly Community managers :)

• Options
    Motion to change the thread title to "Total War Sequel: Races have not yet been ratified"

• Options
    XantomasXantomas Registered User regular
    I kinda love that everybody knows it's Skaven, but not only are they not admitting that, they are repeatedly taunting everyone with these little references.

• Options
    The only thing that annoys me so far is the narrow focus on Lizardmen. It's supposed to be released this year, and while we've had all the stuff on Lizardmen (unit roster, lords etc etc) we don't even know who is the second lord for the Dark Elves, our information on High Elves is mostly gleaned from videos where they're the Lizardmens opponents and NOBODY HAS EVEN MENTIONED-PRAISED MIGHTY LORD THANQUOL!

• Options
    The only thing that annoys me so far is the narrow focus on Lizardmen. It's supposed to be released this year, and while we've had all the stuff on Lizardmen (unit roster, lords etc etc) we don't even know who is the second lord for the Dark Elves, our information on High Elves is mostly gleaned from videos where they're the Lizardmens opponents and NOBODY HAS EVEN MENTIONED-PRAISED MIGHTY LORD THANQUOL!

E3 starts just over a week from today.

I expected us-us to be flooded with tides of new rumor-news of the game starting then.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    I wouldn't be surprised if they're laying out the Lizardmen stuff early because they're flashy and have dinosaurs, which piques peoples' interests. I'm sure they'd be showing a bunch of crazy Skaven stuff too if they weren't having fun playing with the whole "Skaven don't even exist" thing, which I think is great.

• Options
    I wonder if they will bring back Adam Longworth as a VA for skaven. I loved him as Fylch in Mordheim.

This discussion has been closed.