The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Pax South 2017 VR

MurfMurf Registered User regular
There was a Big VR booth right by the OW booth I think? it was 1v1 a type of tennis/combat game. Does anyone recall what VR system that was?

• BekerBeker Child's Play Guy and PAX VR Freeplay Manager SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    Assuming you mean right next to the Arena stage, that was an HP booth I believe. I was told that was developed just for them, I'm not sure if its the same game, but CCP's Project Arena they are working on is basically the same.

-Beker/Erick
    NDoOjUb.png
  • MurfMurf Registered User regular
    Beker wrote: »
    Assuming you mean right next to the Arena stage, that was an HP booth I believe. I was told that was developed just for them, I'm not sure if its the same game, but CCP's Project Arena they are working on is basically the same.

Actually I was hoping to learn what VR hardware they used, it fit better over my glasses than Occulus or Vive

• BekerBeker Child's Play Guy and PAX VR Freeplay Manager SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    If I remember correctly it was just standard hardware. I think Vive, but it could have been Oculus. I helped them get set up and I don't remember noticing anything unique about it. They may have removed some of the foam though, which would make it fit closer to the face.

-Beker/Erick
    NDoOjUb.png
  • MurfMurf Registered User regular
    Damn ok, i am gonna have to find a store and actually try therm on I guess. Thanks for the help.

• TSoul19TSoul19 twitch.tv/soulygamingRegistered User regular
    edited August 10
    It was a Vive and here is a link to the Zotac VR Go Hardware (backpack) you used at the booth!

https://goo.gl/mNi47K

TSoul19 on