As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem Heroes] Tempest Trials and FE: Warriors Special Maps

• Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Well I am complaining! I thought it was today too. TT is like my favorite thing in the game. (Also need those sweet orbs to continue my quest for Elincia).

• Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Durinia wrote: »
    I rolled on the Death Blow banner and managed to snag a Reinhardt. Thanks to you guys I can't see anything but his tiny hands.

Just try to see past his tiny hands and through to the legions of dead red units everything everywhere.

Seriously, you just won the game. Did you get 5* or 4*?

4*, sadly. And I'm only sitting on 7k feathers, but I suspect he'll be my next investment.

If he's +ATK, then definitely. If he's -ATK...probably not great.

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I thought it was today too, but must be tomorrow. I guess they didn't want to put it so close to the Warriors maps.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »
    I do have valter, I didn't really consider him.

And yes, hit and run and drag back are pretty solid, but like I said, Elincia wants to use your other fliers to teleport to the enemy and if you fall back you won't be able to.

It works with Hit and Run! That skill will pull you back by one square, so Elincia can swoop in to finish off the target if your first flier couldn't ORKO it. You can also use Drag Back (preferably on a Firesweep Lance user) to pull a target towards you, place other fliers nearby, then use them as the Flier Formation targets.

Also, Elincia can ORKO a BIke and OHKO Hector, which is amazing. She pumps out so much damage it's obscene.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    The warriors maps were fun. Even 5 Lunatic was pretty easy to cavalry through, I just needed a healer for it (Azura takes chip damage tearing down the waves of reds)

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Holy cow, the tier 5 hard (lvl 35) warriors map is an SP garden. Weak units grouped by color. Just move the correct unit into the middle and watch the "+6 SP" scroll go by on enemy turn.

--Mark Twain
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Holy cow, the tier 5 hard (lvl 35) warriors map is an SP garden. Weak units grouped by color. Just move the correct unit into the middle and watch the "+6 SP" scroll go by on enemy turn.

I hesitate to even say that the color is important. Ninian is basically laughing off all the attacks from the greens, including Camilla. Granted that was with buffs from Ephraim and also with a healer on deck, but still.

• Options
    EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    I am using the special maps to level cordelia today. Going from 1 to 32 has made like 750SP it has been insane. I can't wait to use to finish up my flyer team!

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Color isn't that important on the Hard Stage Five. A reasonably tanky character can finish it without support. I did it with Xander and Effie separately.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I rolled on the Death Blow banner and managed to snag a Reinhardt. Thanks to you guys I can't see anything but his tiny hands.

Just try to see past his tiny hands and through to the legions of dead red units everything everywhere.

4*, sadly. And I'm only sitting on 7k feathers, but I suspect he'll be my next investment.

Ugh, I just checked and he's +HP/-ATK.

Vantage or Goad Cavalry fodder it is!

• Options

I hesitate to even say that the color is important. Ninian is basically laughing off all the attacks from the greens, including Camilla. Granted that was with buffs from Ephraim and also with a healer on deck, but still.

Yeah I'm pretty sure to mimic the Warriors games they made the generic mooks super super weak. You can basically ignore the weapon triangle for most of them.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    I love having these kind of maps. It makes long cooldown specials feel even more flashy and impactful. Throwing an AoE special on 8~ enemies or throwing Aether left and right is really satisfying.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    edited September 2017

Eh, I wouldn't go that far. I mean he won't be Death, the destroyer of worlds. But he'll still one shot just about every red unit except maybe Eliwood and most blues, and is the best cavalry mage with a some investment. I'd still build him out and then if you get one with better IVs then you can just merge him.

chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    +Res -Spd Elincia. Which just means her speed is normal brave weapon range? I can absolutely live with this.

I already have Hinoka and a 5* Cherche. Flier Emblem OP mode go?

Polaritie on
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    My -attack Elincia has proven to me that she just doesn't give a shit about IVs. She's an absolute menace.
    I suppose it helps that my flying team is completely full of attack/speed buffs.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Alright, fuck it, I'm just gonna get Anna to 5-stars right now. RIP all of my crystals and shards I guess.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    My -attack Elincia has proven to me that she just doesn't give a shit about IVs. She's an absolute menace.
    I suppose it helps that my flying team is completely full of attack/speed buffs.

Hilariously, I need more Palla's to sacrifice to the buff gods.

I might have burned WAYYY too may when I was trying to pull Elincia.

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular

Eh, I wouldn't go that far. I mean he won't be Death, the destroyer of worlds. But he'll still one shot just about every red unit except maybe Eliwood and most blues, and is the best cavalry mage with a some investment. I'd still build him out and then if you get one with better IVs then you can just merge him.

When two units merge, the resulting unit has all the skills learned by either parent, right? Does it also inherit unlearned-but-learnable skills too?

Because if that's the case, you're not wasting anything by leveling a bad IV unit until you pick up a good IV unit, right? I guess you'd lose out on any unspent SP beyond the 50 or 80 you get for merging...

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Ok, I have found the hack to do the SP grinding on a ranged character:
    KbSbWTS.png

Effie and Zephiel's weapons are un-equipped. They didn't even take damage until some of the mages started to show up, chipping off like, maybe 2 hp :D

Of course, this assumes you don't have Green Tome valor. I tried to grind Soren a bit and it's nearly impossible since he does so little damage to the greens and reds and they just soon overwhelm. Summer Elise can't quite tank the same way :D I ended up having to make Elise kill a bunch, which is ok because she needed SP too. But I'll probably just rely on Tempest Trial boosted stats and SP gain to help as well. I'm not sure if he will be main team yet over Sonya, but I can at least put him on auto battle duty.

Edit: Though I suppose Summer Elise could just take Olivia's spot. Not like she does anything but dance and hone attack.

Also because I was curious, I tried to do nothing to see what would happen (and if I could fill the map with units :D). Eventually the green fliers will swing around the bottom right, so it's important to at least take those out.

Edit 2: Well hmm... A blue mage decided to come down the right to ruin Zephiel's day. I guess that's what happens if you can't clear the green fliers out fast enough...

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Oh that's so good.

SP 4 days

--Mark Twain
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular

When two units merge, the resulting unit has all the skills learned by either parent, right? Does it also inherit unlearned-but-learnable skills too?

Because if that's the case, you're not wasting anything by leveling a bad IV unit until you pick up a good IV unit, right? I guess you'd lose out on any unspent SP beyond the 50 or 80 you get for merging...

Yes, that is my understanding. (I haven't personally done any merging, but I probably should). It goes into detail here: https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Merge_Allies

The specific line here is important: When merging units with the same base skills, "All inherited and base skills and their learned status will be passed on." So if you have learned, say Death Blow 3 and inherited, but not learned Lancebreaker on your bad IV Rein, then got a good IV Rein, merged the bad into the good, then the good IV Rein will have learned Death Blow 3, and inherited, but not learned, Lancebreaker.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Yeah, best way to think of it is that the merged hero will have every skill known by both heroes being merged. If one of them has learned any of their skills, those skills will be learned on the merged hero.

The only thing you lose in a merge is any SP gained on the hero being sacrificed (but not SP on the hero being merged into). So if you have leftover SP it's in your best interest to teach that hero being sacrificed anything you can just to spend it up before it's gone forever.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    God these new maps are great. I'm really hyped for FE: Warriors too!

• Options
    I actually have a ton of Pallas, which is good since I'm probably using two on Elincia to get Moonbow and Goad (my theory is goad is always in range of whoever she might warp over)

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Polaritie wrote: »
    I actually have a ton of Pallas, which is good since I'm probably using two on Elincia to get Moonbow and Goad (my theory is goad is always in range of whoever she might warp over)

Palla is really great SI fodder. You can get Wings of Mercy 2 off her which is super nice.

Edit: Man, this mission is soooo nice for farming SP. I feel like I can finally start working on rounding out more of my roster. My Leo always felt weak, but decided to farm enough to get him Death Blow 2 (budget choice :P) and suddenly he is doing way better. I'll be able to use way more of these heroes in Arena Assault and not feel gimped by them which is amazing.

Now if only I had a million Barsts and Selenas.... (I seriously might just start giving some of these Swap and Draw Back though just so they have SOMETHING there...)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Yeah, best way to think of it is that the merged hero will have every skill known by both heroes being merged. If one of them has learned any of their skills, those skills will be learned on the merged hero.

The only thing you lose in a merge is any SP gained on the hero being sacrificed (but not SP on the hero being merged into). So if you have leftover SP it's in your best interest to teach that hero being sacrificed anything you can just to spend it up before it's gone forever.

This is also a good way to gain skills faster. I had 2 I was going to merge, so I focused on a particular skill set on each one with all the leveling SP gained, then merged them together. Saved a lot of post 40 SP grinding.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    SP farming has been great, was able to get my Olivia, B.Cordelia, Lukas, Lancina and Nowi skilled up.

Getting the SP for Olivia to learn Wo Dao+ took like five runs so I can't imagine the nightmare of having to have done that normally.

Titania, Nino and Tharja are probably on the list after that.

Kelor on
  • Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Ahahaha wow, so worth it. I burned my Saber to give Brave Ike shield pulse 3, and that plus Aegis makes him basically immortal. I took him to arena and he ate hits from Reinhardt and Brave Lyn and just laughed.

Rein comes in hot, with the combat screen saying 20x2. Instead, the first hit gets halved by aegis and then -5 from shield pulse. 5 damage. Urvan turns the second hit into 4. Ike walks up and murders Rein.

Brave Lyn swoops in with moonbow and a Brave Bow. She does 3, 2, 2, 2. So much fun!

Acheron on
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Huh. Decided to pull to see if I could get a better IV Nephenee.

byy6t0G.png

Between the first pulls on this banner, that's been two Elincias, a Nephenee and a Ninian in like 40 orbs. Maybe I should hop off this banner before the karmic balance resets itself with a sea of Raighs and Donnels.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    God I am loving this SP farming, especially once I figured out the trick to do it easily with ranged. I hate to waste the stamina potions with TT coming tomorrow, but at the same time I won't have the stamina to grind tomorrow, so good to do it tonight while I'm not devoting all my time to getting Black Knight and whatever sweet seals they add.

I just wish I had more Reposition fodder. Feel like all these heroes I'm building up are still lacking green movement skills. Don't even have a lot of draw back, which sadly I am almost certain I've trashed heroes with it to make room.

• Options
    Amiti, Ardent Sacrifice, Moonbow, Death Blow 3, Flier Formation 3, Goad Fliers. Elincia complete, 150 SP for 10 stamina is ridiculous.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    God I am loving this SP farming, especially once I figured out the trick to do it easily with ranged. I hate to waste the stamina potions with TT coming tomorrow, but at the same time I won't have the stamina to grind tomorrow, so good to do it tonight while I'm not devoting all my time to getting Black Knight and whatever sweet seals they add.

I just wish I had more Reposition fodder. Feel like all these heroes I'm building up are still lacking green movement skills. Don't even have a lot of draw back, which sadly I am almost certain I've trashed heroes with it to make room.

Reposition fodder is why I value Selena and Barst almost as much as 5* on pulls. I put Reposition on everybody.

• Options
    Darklyre wrote: »

Reposition fodder is why I value Selena and Barst almost as much as 5* on pulls. I put Reposition on everybody.

Yup. Also, been pulling more reds, mostly for Roy, but also a second Elincia would have been nice. My luck protection was just broken by Young Tiki. Think I'm ok with that! Not the best IVs (+SPD/-ATK) but she's a new hero for me and has a neat animated intro, so that's cool. To be honest, I enjoy the collection aspect almost as much if not more than the gameplay :3

• Options
    Tempest trials are uuuuup!

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    BK is 6k score for 4* and 30k for 5*.

I can auto battle Lunatic lvl35 battle just fine. Farming season begins!

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Dang, Fortify Defense and Panic Ploy seals! I will take!

Also Soren sucks. I thought the boosted stats might make him suck less but nope. The tricky part now for me seems to be that I can't exactly run Fury Nephanee without a healer. But the healer takes my dancer slot. So I either lose points on speed or survival :/ Maybe I should give Nephanee a backup A skill for stuff like this... Or else I guess I could see if Ike could handle a backup Renewal/Ardent Sacrifice setup. He heals so much with Aether too already.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Speed impacts your final score far more than having units survive.

Titania with boosted stats still can't a physical hit without cavalry buffs, though Ike runs fine.

The log in rewards gave me just enough orbs for a full pull on the banner, hit the one blue orb and got excited for a second until Oscar showed up.

Boooooo.

He's +Spd -Def so I think I might make him eat Roderick and take his Firesweep Lance.

That would put him at 48 attack and 37 speed before cavalry buffs, or I could go completely ham and use a spare Hana I've got kicking around to give L&D3 and bump those another five points.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Oscar's supposed to be a pretty great blue calvary at least. Just, Nephanee is obviously way better :)

I tried putting Renewal 2 and Breath of Life 2 on Ike (go go Florina for the BoL/Ardent Sacrifice value combo). I think it helps him, since with the boosted stats not like he needs Quick Repose 2 or Threaten Def to do any work. Still not enough to keep the CPU from having Soren face tank reds (and seriously, why would you ever make him attack Hector?). Weirdly he's the one the auto battle loves to kill off in like round 2. Worst part is I can't farm SP that way. Maybe now that I got him TA3 he won't suck so bad at the Warriors map?

I swapped Azura in for Nephanee for the auto battle and it seems to work fine. CPU really still needs that dedicated healer...

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Oscar's supposed to be a pretty great blue calvary at least. Just, Nephanee is obviously way better :)

I tried putting Renewal 2 and Breath of Life 2 on Ike (go go Florina for the BoL/Ardent Sacrifice value combo). I think it helps him, since with the boosted stats not like he needs Quick Repose 2 or Threaten Def to do any work. Still not enough to keep the CPU from having Soren face tank reds (and seriously, why would you ever make him attack Hector?). Weirdly he's the one the auto battle loves to kill off in like round 2. Worst part is I can't farm SP that way. Maybe now that I got him TA3 he won't suck so bad at the Warriors map?

I swapped Azura in for Nephanee for the auto battle and it seems to work fine. CPU really still needs that dedicated healer...

Yeah, if you don't take their offensive spell away they do things like charge cavalry and high resistance fliers for some reason.

• Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    Map rotation for this Tempest Trial is so awful.