As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cossack [chat]

AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
edited May 2017 in Debate and/or Discourse
ftOqU21.png
Abdhyius on

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Pretty quick turnaround

Attaboy

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    there are a number of things a person can do to earn my sort of reflexive contempt- mistreat wait staff, glibly litter cigarette butts or tobacco spit or whatever, etc

but i realized that none of them produce a sense of disdain as immediately or absolutely as watching someone melt down at a self-checkout terminal in a grocery store. i even sympathize with the frustration because i know the ins and outs of those machines and still sometimes get mad at them lagging behind or misinterpreting inputs. but gosh. someone just, kind of nodding their head angrily, muttering, GROWLING, i DID put it in the basket

it's ok to be outsmarted by a machine but seeing someone out-poised, losing their minds within 3 seconds of the thing not doing what they want, brings stomach acid into my mouth

this is unrelated to me being due at work in an hour

I have never gotten mad at a self check out, but I do get perturbed when the register person doesn't come over to assist after like a minute of it saying it needs someone.

garbage SCO attendants are one of god's plagues

Like I can see if they are busy or having to help the inexplicable old person who has decided "yes today I'll conquer the machine with my produce and badly labeled foods." But a lot of the time they are chatting it up with another associate and because I'm from western washington the idea of asking them to help me is foreign so I stand there like an idiot hoping they notice the flashing light.

my store has switched to zero notifications- no sound, no flashing light. our only sign that you need help is what's showing up on your screen or watching your body language. the idea is that by dismissing the sound that used to beep on our handhelds, we'll be forced to be more attentive and moving around. theoretically, people will no longer park at the attendant station (or worse, away from the area entirely) and just clear all problems on the handheld without personally investigating.

in practice, people have not become more attentive and people wait longer. it's shit. possibly fixable in the long term with more strenuous training, making SCO a higher paid position so people will be motivated to work at it, etc.
    My mom (who was a merchandiser) once told the Sr. Management something and I think it applies here.

"Your going to get about a 60% effort and 40% give a shit from some you are paying 9.50 an hour. Especially in an area where Mcdonalds is paying 13 an hour"
    "They are going to do the minimum to not get hassled by their managers, and some of them are going to come up with ways to steal from you."
    "Every employee is going to have next to 0 experience or something is going to be wrong with them."
    "Your policy isn't going to work correctly."

• Options
    I'm designing a label for bath salts

Not like, bath salts just actual bath salts

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »

Please do not ingest and become a zombie.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Pretty quick turnaround

Attaboy

One of these days imma get it

Longest text post on the page or pics, maybe

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

Do people still call them bath salts? I figured once it was no longer to buy whatever drug at a gas station, it would lose the moniker

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    there are a number of things a person can do to earn my sort of reflexive contempt- mistreat wait staff, glibly litter cigarette butts or tobacco spit or whatever, etc

but i realized that none of them produce a sense of disdain as immediately or absolutely as watching someone melt down at a self-checkout terminal in a grocery store. i even sympathize with the frustration because i know the ins and outs of those machines and still sometimes get mad at them lagging behind or misinterpreting inputs. but gosh. someone just, kind of nodding their head angrily, muttering, GROWLING, i DID put it in the basket

it's ok to be outsmarted by a machine but seeing someone out-poised, losing their minds within 3 seconds of the thing not doing what they want, brings stomach acid into my mouth

this is unrelated to me being due at work in an hour

I have never gotten mad at a self check out, but I do get perturbed when the register person doesn't come over to assist after like a minute of it saying it needs someone.

garbage SCO attendants are one of god's plagues

Like I can see if they are busy or having to help the inexplicable old person who has decided "yes today I'll conquer the machine with my produce and badly labeled foods." But a lot of the time they are chatting it up with another associate and because I'm from western washington the idea of asking them to help me is foreign so I stand there like an idiot hoping they notice the flashing light.

my store has switched to zero notifications- no sound, no flashing light. our only sign that you need help is what's showing up on your screen or watching your body language. the idea is that by dismissing the sound that used to beep on our handhelds, we'll be forced to be more attentive and moving around. theoretically, people will no longer park at the attendant station (or worse, away from the area entirely) and just clear all problems on the handheld without personally investigating.

in practice, people have not become more attentive and people wait longer. it's shit. possibly fixable in the long term with more strenuous training, making SCO a higher paid position so people will be motivated to work at it, etc.
    My mom (who was a merchandiser) once told the Sr. Management something and I think it applies here.

"Your going to get about a 60% effort and 40% give a shit from some you are paying 9.50 an hour. Especially in an area where Mcdonalds is paying 13 an hour"
    "They are going to do the minimum to not get hassled by their managers, and some of them are going to come up with ways to steal from you."
    "Every employee is going to have next to 0 experience or something is going to be wrong with them."
    "Your policy isn't going to work correctly."

they keep hiring high school kids for $8.50/hr to work in the warehouse part time here and can't figure out why no one gives a shit about doing their jobs properly

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    at any one moment there is a pretty significant chance that I am listening to cossack music

https://youtu.be/9mzPOIxU05c

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options

Please do not ingest and become a zombie.

Too late
    TL DR wrote: »

Do people still call them bath salts? I figured once it was no longer to buy whatever drug at a gas station, it would lose the moniker

I would like to stress to both you and the DEA that I have no idea what the answer to this is

• Options
    Pretty quick turnaround

Attaboy

One of these days imma get it

Longest text post on the page or pics, maybe

I believe in u bby

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Abdy

Article I'm reading, some corporal is claiming 800 yards on a 416 "no problem "

Bullshit?

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i guess ultimately i find it very difficult to watch an adult have a tantrum. it's stressful enough to watch a toddler have a little emotional rampage. with an adult, i'm filled with a mixture of contempt and proxy embarrassment.

maybe i ought to be more sympathetic. some people are kind of emotionally fragile (or are going through particularly tough times that make them that way temporarily). i guess intellectually i don't feel like disdain is the right response to that. but seeing that fragility and impatience manifest in a public tantrum just makes my stomach turn.

• Options
    What's the fucking drop at 800 on 5.56

• Options
    i guess ultimately i find it very difficult to watch an adult have a tantrum. it's stressful enough to watch a toddler have a little emotional rampage. with an adult, i'm filled with a mixture of contempt and proxy embarrassment.

maybe i ought to be more sympathetic. some people are kind of emotionally fragile (or are going through particularly tough times that make them that way temporarily). i guess intellectually i don't feel like disdain is the right response to that. but seeing that fragility and impatience manifest in a public tantrum just makes my stomach turn.

Yeah its hard to watch an adult throw a tantrum, especially as a parent of a young child. When my son is more balanced than you are, you got some fucking problems.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Is there a way I can hide like a zombie watermark on this label tho

• Options

Democracy: it's not done yet I guess?

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    77 grain 5.56 rounds could do 800 yards pretty ok. Be quite an arc though.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Abdy

Article I'm reading, some corporal is claiming 800 yards on a 416 "no problem "

Bullshit?

I dunno, do you think I ever measured it in yards? :P

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    730 meters or so

Sir Landshark on
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Wtf even were those zombie bath salts and are they still legal

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    They should put rockets on bullets to mitigate drop.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »

That's just the cover up story SCP used to disguise the zombie outbreak.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

I thought they were illegal before

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »

They did! Or tried to.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyrojet

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Democracy is dead, democracy is flourishing

Either way entropy increases and we slowly approach the heat death of the universe

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Cossacks?!
    Cossacks?!
    DAMN YOU
    *becomes janus from Goldeneye*

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    With the 3.5x ACOG on top, no less

Yeah, no

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    zombie bath salts turn you into a sexy zombie from iZombie and you have to eat spicy brains to live but you get other people's memories and if you have sex with someone you zombify them

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Should I get pie from the British pie shop today

Y/y

• Options
    So how fucked is real estate in Western Washington, inventory is down almost 25% from a pretty low level last year. But at least designated brokers added about 10% new agents from a year ago. So no houses to sell/buy and plenty of shitty agents to carry out these non transactions! Get your license today!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    While not final, I think this article is interesting, even if it's from The Atlantic:

• Options
    730 meters or so

that's more than a bit beyond what was reckoned to be effective range.

I mean, no. It's a very good rifle, but it's 5.56.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

They did! Or tried to.

I should get a job at a thinktank 50 years ago.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod

rPAzNQYl.jpg

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    So how fucked is real estate in Western Washington, inventory is down almost 25% from a pretty low level last year. But at least designated brokers added about 10% new agents from a year ago. So no houses to sell/buy and plenty of shitty agents to carry out these non transactions! Get your license today!

I cannot comprehend the mindset of someone that voluntarily becomes a real-estate agent in a regular market

much less in what we apparently have here now

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

I thought they were illegal before

'Bath salts' is only a thing because a then-legal drug called MDPV was sold at head shops or gas stations with a 'not for human consumption' label on it.

The 'zombie' thing was one report out of Florida of a dude biting (eating?) another dude's face while high on MDPV.

MDPV has since been scheduled and, as there are better and more profitable illegal drugs to produce if you're already a lab producing illegal drugs, it no longer seems to be much of a thing.

• Options

Gyrojets.

Although I'd say it mitigates recoil rather than drop - it's a way to get a faster projectile without having a more powerful cartridge.

And it might be odd to say that a faster projectile really mitigates drop. It's not like it's not just as much a factor in aiming.

(and it would still happen at nine point eight meters per second per second)

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod

They did! Or tried to.

I should get a job at a thinktank 50 years ago.

"Hey, I have some crazy ideas for nuclear bombs."

• Options
    Aioua wrote: »

I cannot comprehend the mindset of someone that voluntarily becomes a real-estate agent in a regular market

much less in what we apparently have here now

Having known this group of yahoos for 15 years now. People who literally read only one part of a press release "Markets are hot" and do not at all fucking read any of the rest of it. The worst is that a lot of these idiots are listing friends and family member properties. Which makes no fucking sense to me, because A. I'd never want to work for a friend or a family member, and B. Why would you choose a god damn newb in an inventory short market? You're going to get fucking pantsed and then probably sued.

"I watched all those flip or flop episodes!"

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.