Options

Cossack [chat]

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2017
    TL DR wrote: »
    Neco wrote: »
    Wtf even were those zombie bath salts and are they still legal

I thought they were illegal before

'Bath salts' is only a thing because a then-legal drug called MDPV was sold at head shops or gas stations with a 'not for human consumption' label on it.

The 'zombie' thing was one report out of Florida of a dude biting (eating?) another dude's face while high on MDPV.

MDPV has since been scheduled and, as there are better and more profitable illegal drugs to produce if you're already a lab producing illegal drugs, it no longer seems to be much of a thing.

You gonna hit this shit with me or not

Vanguard on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I'm a decent shot in that I understand the basics and never cared to improve beyond that

if someone asked me to hit a target beyond 300 m I would ask for a machinegun

if someone asked me to hit a target like that corporal in that article was bragging about, I would ask for my radio

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    There is nothing like a good book that reviewers can shred into a million little pieces.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/katherinemiller/passionfruit
    The Passion Of Ivanka Trump
    Ivanka Trump’s new book, Women Who Work, reads like an alien who only speaks French wrote it with Google Translate.

“We enjoyed riffing on our core values,” Ivanka writes in a section on personal mission statements. “We’re training for marathons and learning to code,” she offers randomly in middle of a paragraph about aspirations. She references the “modern, self-purchasing woman” and describes the act of “cultivating authenticity.” One chapter instructs you to ask a dozen friends to write a “narrative about a time when you were at your best.” Because Ivanka has a literal brand that sells material objects, rather than an existential (“my brand”) brand, Women Who Work also produces surrealist exercises like: “At Ivanka Trump, my team and I are striving to create the lives we want to live.” (At Katherine Miller, we are, too.)
    It is only when they are given a godawful book can reviewers let their inner snarkiness truly shine.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    man i don't like this potential development of allergies

my buddy told me i should try sniffing a bit of pollen and see if i have a reaction to confirm

i did only get 5 hours of sleep though, maybe my body's just falling apart!

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »
    They should put rockets on bullets to mitigate drop.

Gyrojets.

Although I'd say it mitigates recoil rather than drop - it's a way to get a faster projectile without having a more powerful cartridge.

And it might be odd to say that a faster projectile really mitigates drop. It's not like it's not just as much a factor in aiming.

(and it would still happen at nine point eight meters per second per second)

I think you mean 32.174 feet per second per second

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    Neco wrote: »
    Wtf even were those zombie bath salts and are they still legal

I thought they were illegal before

'Bath salts' is only a thing because a then-legal drug called MDPV was sold at head shops or gas stations with a 'not for human consumption' label on it.

The 'zombie' thing was one report out of Florida of a dude biting (eating?) another dude's face while high on MDPV.

MDPV has since been scheduled and, as there are better and more profitable illegal drugs to produce if you're already a lab producing illegal drugs, it no longer seems to be much of a thing.

You gonna hit this shot with me or not

Hecky nah

• Options

my buddy told me i should try sniffing a bit of pollen and see if i have a reaction to confirm

you should go to a doctor and say hey doc, hit me up with one of those allergy tests, instead of sniffing some dust and see if you react because of course you will

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

Gyrojets.

Although I'd say it mitigates recoil rather than drop - it's a way to get a faster projectile without having a more powerful cartridge.

And it might be odd to say that a faster projectile really mitigates drop. It's not like it's not just as much a factor in aiming.

(and it would still happen at nine point eight meters per second per second)

I think you mean 32.174 feet per second per second

I absolutely do not and will never

I loathe imperial

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

you should go to a doctor and say hey doc, hit me up with one of those allergy tests, instead of sniffing some dust and see if you react because of course you will

On the one hand, absolutely

On the other hand, doctor is far, pollen is just outside

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    yes i'm going through my twitter feed how can you tell

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Echo wrote: »

They did! Or tried to.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyrojet

I should get a job at a thinktank 50 years ago.

"Hey, I have some crazy ideas for nuclear bombs."

My idea is to sexualize the bombs.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    if I am to live in a world ruled by Putin at least I'm not living in a world where the hegemon has people saying shit like "pound-force" and "three quarters of an inch"

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    the secret is that we actually use metric in America but we pretend not to online to confound everyone

we also have universal health care and paid maternity leave, our president is actually Howard Dean right now

override367 on
  • Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    I feel like I could move from gallons to liters without much disruption in my life. No one can remember how it goes from quarts to whatever to whatever.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

Democracy: it's not done yet I guess?

Park's stuff was really bad. Like it also took down some of the major heads of the main Korean conglomerates like Samsung. This scandal has been brewing more than 7 months btw. That was mostly just the stuff directly with the president.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

They did! Or tried to.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyrojet

I should get a job at a thinktank 50 years ago.

"Hey, I have some crazy ideas for nuclear bombs."

My idea is to sexualize the bombs.

:whistle: We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know whennnnnnn :whistle:

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

yeah and you've got such a busy schedule what with all the video games that need to be played until the wee hours

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    All Americans should have an intuitive grasp of liters because of the large soda bottles.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Anyone had the steakhouse king from bk yet or the fruit loops shake?
    im not saying thats dinner tonight
    but it coulllddd be

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    The zombie guy didn't have bath salts in his system anyway

• Options
    TTODewback wrote: »
    but it coulllddd be

I had a steakhouse king the last time, its an underwhelming burg, the sauce especially is like even more flavorless a1.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    My favorite feature of the inch is how it's defined by the metric system.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    but it coulllddd be

I had the steakhouse king. It was very sauce-covered. Kind of overpowers the rest of it.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options

yeah and you've got such a busy schedule what with all the video games that need to be played until the wee hours

Listen, last night I was watching blind auditions from the Voice until 3 am and then playing guitar until 4, okay

Have some respect

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    There is nothing like a good book that reviewers can shred into a million little pieces.

Ivanka Trump’s new book, Women Who Work, reads like an alien who only speaks French wrote it with Google Translate.

“We enjoyed riffing on our core values,” Ivanka writes in a section on personal mission statements. “We’re training for marathons and learning to code,” she offers randomly in middle of a paragraph about aspirations. She references the “modern, self-purchasing woman” and describes the act of “cultivating authenticity.” One chapter instructs you to ask a dozen friends to write a “narrative about a time when you were at your best.” Because Ivanka has a literal brand that sells material objects, rather than an existential (“my brand”) brand, Women Who Work also produces surrealist exercises like: “At Ivanka Trump, my team and I are striving to create the lives we want to live.” (At Katherine Miller, we are, too.)
    It is only when they are given a godawful book can reviewers let their inner snarkiness truly shine.

So they went with the low cost Chinese ghost writer I see.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Get one of those friendzone burritos from taco bell, they are better.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    "Hedwig and the Angry Two Point Five Four Centimeters" just doesn't have the same ring to it though.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    if I am to live in a world ruled by Putin at least I'm not living in a world where the hegemon has people saying shit like "pound-force" and "three quarters of an inch"

I like it for some, metric for others, kelvin for heat

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Been running errands with my Mom all afternoon

At her eye doctor now, then off to my brother's place to see him and the fam

Not the worst way to spend a day :)

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Outsourcing to Gyna is the Trump way.

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    My favorite feature of the inch is how it's defined by the metric system.
    Fun fact: A gallon is exactly 4.54609 liters as defined by law.

Couscous on
  • Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Well it matches the clothes she sells, right down to the underpaid 8 year old producing it.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    "Hedwig and the Angry Two Point Five Four Centimeters" just doesn't have the same ring to it though.

Never cared for that or Rocky Horror

• Options
    will endless space 2 be good or will be filled with weird and bad mechanics and a ui that while slick is terribly unintuitive

• Options

Hedwig and the Decimated Meter

• Options
    All Americans should have an intuitive grasp of liters because of the large soda bottles.

Give me a large Farva

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    i guess ultimately i find it very difficult to watch an adult have a tantrum. it's stressful enough to watch a toddler have a little emotional rampage. with an adult, i'm filled with a mixture of contempt and proxy embarrassment.

maybe i ought to be more sympathetic. some people are kind of emotionally fragile (or are going through particularly tough times that make them that way temporarily). i guess intellectually i don't feel like disdain is the right response to that. but seeing that fragility and impatience manifest in a public tantrum just makes my stomach turn.

Yeah its hard to watch an adult throw a tantrum, especially as a parent of a young child. When my son is more balanced than you are, you got some fucking problems.

eh

sometimes people have bad days, maybe someone died or is in the hospital and the stress finally made them snap,

I tend to reserve my judgement for people that have bad days constantly.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    zepherin wrote: »
    there are a number of things a person can do to earn my sort of reflexive contempt- mistreat wait staff, glibly litter cigarette butts or tobacco spit or whatever, etc

but i realized that none of them produce a sense of disdain as immediately or absolutely as watching someone melt down at a self-checkout terminal in a grocery store. i even sympathize with the frustration because i know the ins and outs of those machines and still sometimes get mad at them lagging behind or misinterpreting inputs. but gosh. someone just, kind of nodding their head angrily, muttering, GROWLING, i DID put it in the basket

it's ok to be outsmarted by a machine but seeing someone out-poised, losing their minds within 3 seconds of the thing not doing what they want, brings stomach acid into my mouth

this is unrelated to me being due at work in an hour

I have never gotten mad at a self check out, but I do get perturbed when the register person doesn't come over to assist after like a minute of it saying it needs someone.

garbage SCO attendants are one of god's plagues

Like I can see if they are busy or having to help the inexplicable old person who has decided "yes today I'll conquer the machine with my produce and badly labeled foods." But a lot of the time they are chatting it up with another associate and because I'm from western washington the idea of asking them to help me is foreign so I stand there like an idiot hoping they notice the flashing light.

my store has switched to zero notifications- no sound, no flashing light. our only sign that you need help is what's showing up on your screen or watching your body language. the idea is that by dismissing the sound that used to beep on our handhelds, we'll be forced to be more attentive and moving around. theoretically, people will no longer park at the attendant station (or worse, away from the area entirely) and just clear all problems on the handheld without personally investigating.

in practice, people have not become more attentive and people wait longer. it's shit. possibly fixable in the long term with more strenuous training, making SCO a higher paid position so people will be motivated to work at it, etc.
    My mom (who was a merchandiser) once told the Sr. Management something and I think it applies here.

"Your going to get about a 60% effort and 40% give a shit from some you are paying 9.50 an hour. Especially in an area where Mcdonalds is paying 13 an hour"
    "They are going to do the minimum to not get hassled by their managers, and some of them are going to come up with ways to steal from you."
    "Every employee is going to have next to 0 experience or something is going to be wrong with them."
    "Your policy isn't going to work correctly."

they keep hiring high school kids for $8.50/hr to work in the warehouse part time here and can't figure out why no one gives a shit about doing their jobs properly
    When I was doing Millwork, My projects were on autopilot (because I'm a fucken stud like that), and I was working out their automation software, and I tried to get them to redo their cost codes, because "listen you are trying to get rid of your $25 an hour cabinet makers for $11 an hour laborers, and you expect them to utilize a cost code system that is difficult for our engineers to utilize correctly. You need to simplify this down to actions and not working on individual pieces of the cabinet, these guys aren't going to do the math for which percentage of their cutting goes to what project."

This discussion has been closed.