Options

Cossack [chat]

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    bowen wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    5'10" is the average height for a white dude

so yeah, I'd call 5'9 short

5'9" is the average male height in the US

not all males are white dudes

white dudes tend to be shorter on average though

US Average Male Height Split By Self-Reported Race
    All: 5'9" (175.7 cm)
    African: 5'10" (177.4 cm)
    Hispanic: 5'8" (172.4 cm)
    Mexican: 5'8" (172.2 cm)
    Asian: 5'8" (172.3 cm)
    White: 5'10" (178.2 cm)

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    as someone who is we'll go with 5'10", i always felt short growing up but i suspect my peers averaged above average height

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »

mmmm that's that good dystopian shit

I'm not a frogrammer but i can't imagine why a crash would dump to a DOS prompt like that

HES A PHONY

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Oh hey only two inches actually, according to Wikipedia

Same height as black men

well it's 178.2 vs 177.4 cm so slightly higher average

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    BROTHERS

HAVE YOU HEARD OF THE CHURCH OF ZIGGS AND THUNDERLORDS

COME TO SAVE YOU FROM SILVER

I should probably break out the Ziggs adc again, yeah, since it matches my adc playstyle (Sivir main=push).

I've played it a few times ranked mid and I think I won, but...honestly that was enough to show me that I seriously need to work on my q aim and r timing. It's definitely not as proficient for me as other champions.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    5'10" is the average height for a white dude

so yeah, I'd call 5'9 short

5'9" is the average male height in the US

not all males are white dudes

white dudes tend to be shorter on average though

no

no, the opposite

that's the tallest US demographic. at 5'10".

To some, hispanic peeps are "white" to others, they're not.

That's why you see shit like "average height of white people in the US is 5'11-6'0 " on some and "average height of white people in the US is 5'8-5-10 " for others

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    I am 6'3". I used to have a boss who was 6'7". He made me feel short.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Also i ate way too much of that homemade zap pack mix

I flew too close to the sun

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »

mmmm that's that good dystopian shit

Minority Report wasn't dystopian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBaiKsYUdvg

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    oh they have a hotfix in beta right now, excellent

that was really fast. apparently 1.6 was kind of a mess.

I just saw that all of my symbols of unity were deleted from all my planets, but I didn't play much more beyond that.

My science directorate is sort of stagnating because it only has friendly neighbors and no particular reason to go to war--although we have run out of planets to colonize, so maybe.
    Also being repugnant now actually does something and our foreign relations have deteriorated due to our foul looks...

there were a ton of issues. AI empires would never declare war, a bunch of weird happiness issues, a bunch of the hive mind changes didn't work, etc.

they removed symbols of unity because they were pointless and the normal unity producing buildings are so much better

plus they want to reduce unity gain in general and make you have to choose between traditions instead of having all of them by the end of the game

i'm a little sad that devourer Hive Minds are just kind of boring. the fun part of the game is the factional and galactic politics, and they have none of that.

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Six wrote: »
    I'm 5'9" and feel p short

well if you would like to hire my services to stand next to you in pictures so you feel tall and surreptitiously say things like "oh man, hey @six can you get that off the shelf for me, I just can't reach" I charge a modest fee

• Options
    Do we include greeks? What about Spanish people? Portuguese? What does white even mean?

Statistics : how to make numbers say whatever you want

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    the latest patch to Stellaris broke AI aggression so they'll never declare war on you

which kind of ruins the game so I'm waiting for them to fix it :/

That explains why my current hivemind The Great Devour hasn't had war declared by two neighbors that hate me.

*sigh* Guess it is back DoWIII and Darksiders 2 and OW then.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Also i ate way too much of that homemade zap pack mix

I flew too close to the sun
    BROTHERS

I should probably break out the Ziggs adc again, yeah, since it matches my adc playstyle (Sivir main=push).

I've played it a few times ranked mid and I think I won, but...honestly that was enough to show me that I seriously need to work on my q aim and r timing. It's definitely not as proficient for me as other champions.

Q is garb in lane except for CSing

Max E, get those procs

• Options

Ayyyyyyy

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    C•R•A•M•E•R•'S R•U•L•E

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Do we include greeks? What about Spanish people? Portuguese? What does white even mean?

Statistics : how to make numbers say whatever you want

you're the one messing with the stats bowen

the rest of us are going with censuses as a common point :P

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Phyphor wrote: »
    tyrannus wrote: »
    I brought wine today so all the other students can love me.

And I can feel better about the failure of data collection this morning.

Buy me wine

Why would you buy wine?

Quicker than making it?

Yeah but money
    I mean you could always get a bottle of 2 buck chuck (which I think is 3 bucks now).

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    I marked myself as 6'1" on okcupid and I wore platform shoes to my first date with A

I've been using tricks like that ever since. We're engaged and it's been almost three years but she still doesn't know I'm actually 5'8
    take her to a cafe that's ever so slightly smaller than average

When we bought our house, I spent a good chunk of our budget secretly redesigning the bedroom so that everything on my side is smaller than hers, like that forced perspective cart Gandalf and Frodo rode in Lord of the Rings.

• Options
    As someone who is also 5'10" (...or self-reports as such, but one imagines that rigorous measurements might find a deficit of an inch or so...) I was the tallest of my college friends because all the men were like 5'8" jewish guys, heh.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    navgoose wrote: »
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Doodmann wrote: »
    wandering wrote: »
    I just want to live inside a Laika movie

kMJwikN.jpg

I'll take Wes Anderson every time. Sure it's more tragic, but you have to be a special kind of crazy to do stop motion animation. And then you have to be a complete jibbering on the mountain hermit kind of crazy to do it to the level laika does.

Then you get awesome shit like this:
    https://youtu.be/G5s5cCqQt5I

I mean, holy shit.

"Kubo and the Two Strings" was an excellent movie, by the way. It was my choice for Best Animated Picture of 2016 for many reasons.

It looked neat, but kids never wanted to see it. Looking at the box office numbers apparently nobody else watched it. What makes it worth being the #1 animated movie when it is on the list of biggest animated box office bombs in history?
    It's visually stunning, which is what you'd expect from a Laika film. It has a very mature take on death and loss (which is what resonated with me), and it has elements of caring for elders who have dementia which were very nuanced. Unlike a lot of their other tales, this Laika film has setpieces that are hypnotic and draw you into the story. Laika films, for me, tend to drag at sections, but this one keeps up the pace throughout.

They also lean hard into the Eastern roots of the story, and the ending is not what you'd expect from a Western film, but definitely what you'd expect from an Eastern mythos fairy tale.

It's free on Netflix right now! It's worth seeing, especially through the credits (which have the above posted cutscene, along with other bits, to the tune of Regina Spektor's cover of "While My Guitar Gently Weeps").

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    18423771_810283675805256_8574664205435230298_n.jpg?oh=45b12df9f63fc8598c0ef821a298970f&oe=59BF9CF8

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Kubo was good. I still didn't like the animation style.
    But the other parts of it were good enough to offset that

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    BROTHERS

Max E, get those procs

wait, actually? It would totally not occur to me to max anything other than Q. Do you mean as Ziggs bot or mid?

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
  • Options
    BROTHERS

Max E, get those procs

wait, actually? It would totally not occur to me to max anything other than Q. Do you mean as Ziggs bot or mid?

...yes

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Spicer is like a cartoon character.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

Ayyyyyyy

But there isn't another kind of race.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular

what did he dress in the dark-

ohhhhh

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    navgoose wrote: »
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Doodmann wrote: »
    wandering wrote: »
    I just want to live inside a Laika movie

kMJwikN.jpg

I'll take Wes Anderson every time. Sure it's more tragic, but you have to be a special kind of crazy to do stop motion animation. And then you have to be a complete jibbering on the mountain hermit kind of crazy to do it to the level laika does.

Then you get awesome shit like this:
    https://youtu.be/G5s5cCqQt5I

I mean, holy shit.

"Kubo and the Two Strings" was an excellent movie, by the way. It was my choice for Best Animated Picture of 2016 for many reasons.

It looked neat, but kids never wanted to see it. Looking at the box office numbers apparently nobody else watched it. What makes it worth being the #1 animated movie when it is on the list of biggest animated box office bombs in history?

Its a really good movie that I think got a short stick at the box office.

I mean it is a "kids" movie but has some good themes of family and loss going on.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited May 2017

Ayyyyyyy

Then the average height of a human male (e: in the US) should be 5'9" then?

bowen on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Sean Spicer taught me it was OK to be weird.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    Spicer is like a cartoon character.
    His biopic will be a Benny Hill-esque slapstick comedy. He will be played by the spiritual successor to Rowan Atkinson.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options

Ayyyyyyy

Then the average height of a human male (e: in the US) should be 5'9" then?

In the United States, sure. Since that's what you find when you measure a large and sufficiently representative sample. I do not understand what you are getting at.

• Options
    Two different color shoes is like next level fucking crazy. Did he get dressed in a dark room or something?

• Options
    Two different color shoes is like next level fucking crazy. Did he get dressed in a dark room or something?

WILD CARD

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    I still have a disconnect that box office bombs can still be good movies.

Coming from a guy who liked John Carter more than most people.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular

apparently it's an old photo and it's a medical thing

booooo

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Why are liberals such dweebs? One day we'll figure it out.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular

I shared this with friends and they're reporting back that this photo is a month old and he was wearing a medical boot.

You made me look foolish, Brian.

This will not be forgotten, Brian.

This discussion has been closed.