As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NBA] LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    if Simmons, Embiid, Reddick, and Covington can all score 20 a game like this they've got a good chance to win a lot

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Sixers just ran out of gas against a team too talented. Simmons and Embiid need more games to really get to NBA speed for that length of time.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I officially do not like Kevin Durant anymore.

He's just become this giant asshole since he's gone to Golden State.

I don't know if he was always an asshole and just hid it better in OKC but I do not like the person he's become.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I officially do not like Kevin Durant anymore.

He's just become this giant asshole since he's gone to Golden State.

I don't know if he was always an asshole and just hid it better in OKC but I do not like the person he's become.

I mean, they're both talking trash.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    It's a combination of many things over the last year. I'm not defending Westbrook at all though.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Knicks had a franchise record 28-0 run in the third quarter to beat the Raptors. Tim Hardaway had a career high 38 points. Knicks have 9 wins at home, most in the NBA.

• Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    For a champion on the best team in the league and who is often called the second best player in the world, Durant has ridiculously thin skin. He’s annoying

exist on
    UmPiq.png
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    There's something immensely satisfying about the warriors losing to OKC though

• Options
    exist wrote: »
    For a champion on the best team in the league and who is often called the second best player in the world, Durant has ridiculously thin skin. He’s annoying

Right. He had to know what was going to be said to him if he went to Golden State.

• Options
    Randy ButternubbsRandy Butternubbs Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    You smashed the fightin' LeBrons into rubble, won finals MVP, and generally improved on what was already Hall of Fame talent. On top of that you're stupid rich, and are set up with a team to keep annihilating the league for years to come.

How do you let anything get to you at that point? Like, the biggest rise anything should ever get out of you is "k".

Randy Butternubbs on
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    I think he has insecurities about himself that he has not resolved, which isn't that surprising.

He's said a number of times that he doesn't want to be the face of GS, that that is Curry and he just wants to do his own thing in the background.

He has basically been under the microscope since high school, then drafted and had the weight of a franchise put on his shoulders.

Part of the appeal with Golden State could just have been that he thought that with the level of stardom they have he could get lost in the shuffle to a degree.

The culture certainly seems healthier and more fun than OKC. It doesn't surprise me that he'd make the move.

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Ah, my nephew, the 14-year-old Warriors fan.

I love the kid and man, I don't want to needle him but it's not possible when he says stuff like "the only one that talks trash is Draymond" and we have exchanges like "Steph never showboats--" "WHAT!?" "Only if the other guys are jerks!" with a 100% belief level.

So last night was kind of fun.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    KD's issue is that he wants to be universally liked, and he hasn't yet seemed to realise the impossibility of that, even for someone who didn't just make one of the most polarising team moves in league history.

• Options
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    KD's issue is that he wants to be universally liked, and he hasn't yet seemed to realise the impossibility of that, even for someone who didn't just make one of the most polarising team moves in league history.

This is a solid answer. It makes perfect sense.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    KD can't take criticism in stride the way other players can. LeBron struggled a bit with the aftermath of "The Decision" but he never straight up lost his cool at least not on the court like that. I don't know what Westbrook said during their latest episode but Durant really didn't look good to my eyes.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    I need a Thunder/Warriors conference finals

• Options
    Any Thunder/Warriors playoff series would be amazing.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »

This is a solid answer. It makes perfect sense.

Most of us are like this to a degree. Very few people enjoy being disliked, most people enjoy being liked.

However there's always going to be people who just don't like you, because of fundamental personality differences. For most of us, this issue never really causes any problems, because we're not widely known and we tend to avoid those we dislike or who dislike us. That's not possible when you're a global figure. For them, it's critical to make peace with the fact that some people out there will dislike them for entirely trivial and nonsense reasons.

• Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    The Judge wrote: »
    Ah, my nephew, the 14-year-old Warriors fan.

I love the kid and man, I don't want to needle him but it's not possible when he says stuff like "the only one that talks trash is Draymond" and we have exchanges like "Steph never showboats--" "WHAT!?" "Only if the other guys are jerks!" with a 100% belief level.

So last night was kind of fun.

Ah, to be young and to be a mark.

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    there needs to be some kind of corollary in which we all agree that showboating's cool as long as it's the smallest guy doing it (see also: iverson)

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular

This might be one of the best things the Ringer has ever produced.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    Man, why is RWB attempting clutch threes when he has Carmelo and PG13 on his team. The Pistons thank you for the win, Russ!

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    Because that is his fatal flaw.

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular

He's not alone in having this form of dementia.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    PG13's clutch 3 history isn't exactly stellar.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Einzel wrote: »

He's not alone in having this form of dementia.

Yes but he is alone in the quality of almost every other aspect of his game.

• Options
    yeah Melo should definitely be taking the game winners

• Options
    Let Taj Gibson take them

• Options
    Top 5 All-Time game winning shots:

LeBron James 17
    Vince Carter 16
    Ray Allen 15
    Kobe Bryant 14
    Carmelo Anthony 13

• Options
    Taj Gibson 842

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    Top 5 All-Time game winning shots:

LeBron James 17
    Vince Carter 16
    Ray Allen 15
    Kobe Bryant 14
    Carmelo Anthony 13

Kobe 26
    Jordan 25
    Dirk 19

• Options
    If I can have 1 player from any era to take my game winning shot....I'm giving the rock to Robert Horry

• Options
    If I can have 1 player from any era to take my game winning shot....I'm giving the rock to Robert Horry

If you made me choose between Big Shot Rob's career or Karl Malone's I would take Horry's without blinking

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Ray Allen in a second

• Options
    Xehalus wrote: »
    Ray Allen in a second

He would be my number 2

• Options
    Horry has the most rings of anyone who didn't play on the celtics in the 60s

• Options
    The Thunder are an infuriating team right now.

Beat the best team in basketball one night.

Lose to the worst the next.

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    The Thunder are an infuriating team right now.

Beat the best team in basketball one night.

Lose to the worst the next.

I didn't realize they'd just played boston

This discussion has been closed.