As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Heroes of the Storm 2.0] Ya'll need to sign up for this tournament, though

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    @Knight_ agree so much, was in a game the other day as last pick and Uther/Malf/Reh/Li Li were gone, there was no Auriel battery on my team and I was just like.. gdmit, there's like, nothing worth taking (i'm bad with Khara since his rework). Need moar supports.

So, Stukov, I know nothing. Educate a fool: (namely me) GO!

1360380.jpg

"Modifications of Stukov second only to modifications of Primal Queen of Blades. However, Stukov product of specific design. Interweaving of terran and zerg matter, subtle. Spun on micro scale not possible for Swarm."

- Abathur

In his various incarnations in SC2, he had abilities related to zerg Infestation - infesting buildings, spawning groups of infested terrans, that sort of thing. Infested terrans in SC2 were slow moving ranged units, while in SC1 they were fast moving suicide-bombers.

Having a low-cooldown Ultimate that spawned the explosive infesteds would be neat, in the vein of Sgt. Hammer's Napalm Ultimate - rapid use, low cooldown, potential high damage if it connects well.

I also think it would be cool if he had an ability similar to Ragnaros' D trait - Stukov infests a demolished enemy fort and for a time it will spawn infested terrans as additional minions. Maybe he can even infest a friendly fort to do the same and heal it, as per his ability in SC2 Co-Op.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    How did they not touch Anub or tyrande.

What the hell blizzard.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    Hey the brightwing changes someone suggested a little while back basically got put in as suggested, pixie dust gives spell armor instead of block with a talent for physical armor, could push her into contention with top supports

Yeah, I'm just gonna totally take credit for that change. Yesiree bob. Really glad to see it. Makes her way, way more interesting and really useful counter-mage pick, which is nice to have from a support. I still think she needs a rework/touch up overall though. But that's a great direction to take her in.

They've at least recognized that they obliterated Lucio and are thinking about fixing him. Really, turning down Rejuv at 16 a little bit and giving back some of his passive heals is what he needs. So they're gonna do a bunch of other, different stuff instead I guess.

About half of the Malthael talent changes are actually buffs? Like, his max armor during his Ult is now 75, instead of 65, so I'm not sure that's really helping, and the passive increase on his ult at 20... um, yeah. The doubling of the CD reduction on Throwing Shade is a pretty big deal too, given that that's the only way he interacts with his counters, and how he initiates on tanks or people who are trying not to get stuck by him.

The additional nerf to Nitrous on D.Va now has me actually considering the hit folks Quest at 1, given that late game it basically sets you at a 4-6ish second CD on thrusters in fights.

Oh, and no turning up the numbers on Tyrande? Why not? Her heal is just too low right now.

morgan_coke on
    XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I'm not sure how much difference taking Benediction up to a one-minute cooldown is going to make, but the rest of those Uther changes seem reasonable.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    I didn't mean to bring up the whole discussion of how exploitative the new 2.0 system is. I was just speaking to my own personal experience. In 1.0 I spent ~$50 a year on the stuff I wanted. In 2.0 I will likely spend no money (outside of the $15 I spent out the door for those starter pack deals). It is frustrating to me, specifically and personally, because I can no longer participate in a transparent, reasonable financial transaction.

Whether or not the system as a whole is exploitative is a discussion I think we've had before, and will likely pop up again from time-to-time. (Although the last time it happened was when 2.0 first came out, which was a while ago.) I'm pretty sure everyone agrees that, in aggregate, it probably is. But there is a very wide spectrum: some people take the perspective that personal responsibility should come into play here (and point out that people with enough discipline to not spend anything get a ton of free stuff), and others fall farther on the side that there should not exist systems that allow people to gamble themselves into poverty or debt.

I'm not sure there's a perfect solution here... I don't like the system, but I can appreciate that it is a business model that works, and that there are a lot of people who benefit from it (in the sense that they get a "free" game and "free" stuff within that game). The only way I know how to make a statement to Blizzard specifically is to not spend as much money as I did before (if any), because that is clearly what is driving their decision to implement this system in the first place.

But this presumes the two systems are intertwined. They are not. They literally didn't need to touch a thing in the shop. The only reason to do that is to force people into using Loot Chests to get the stuff they want.

The shop has nothing to do with the people who benefit from the free loot chests you get for leveling because they aren't buying anything in it and because those leveling rewards can exist independent of the structure of the shop in the game.

People keep acting like it's one way or the other and it's not. You can have both.

You can technically have both, I agree. I pointed this out during our last discussion. They could just give everyone free stuff without the gambling.

But the business model is explicitly built on the two things interacting. They are creating artificial scarcity, thus driving up demand, and making it more palatable and likely for people of a certain disposition to spend money gambling on chests. The model likely doesn't work if they don't prevent people from buying the things they want outright. The summer event is a time-gated version of this same principle. You can't get what you want except during this super-specific period in time, thus making some people feel more compelled to spend money on loot chests.

I don't think there is much insight to be had by having this discussion again. Like I said, I'm pretty sure everyone knows what's going on here. They just differ on the spectrum of how acceptable it is as a business practice.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Relevant to Stukov speculation hype:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrgWQp6TjDY

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    [Unformatted] Patch Notes for those at work:
    Genji

*Level 4 Shuriken Mastery (Q) Bonus damage reduced from 30 to 25

*Dragon Claw (Active) Damage required reduced from 375 to 330 Damage dealt increased from 180 to 190

Level 7 Dodge (Passive) Cooldown increased from 8 to 12 seconds

Malthael

Tormented Souls (R) Cooldown increased from 80 to 100 seconds

Level 4 Throwing Shade (E) Cooldown reduction increased from 2 to 4 seconds Added functionality: Now also reduces the Mana cost of Death Shroud on quest completion from 50 to 25

Level 13 Ethereal Existence (Trait) Armor reduced from 15 to 10 per Hero hit Maximum Armor bonus increased from 45 to 50 Inevitable End (Active) Cooldown reduced from 30 to 20 seconds

Level 16 Memento Mori (Trait) Damage bonus reduced from 100% to 80%

Level 20 Reaper of Souls (R) Added functionality: Now passively increases the duration of Tormented Souls by 1 second Developer Comment: Death has arrived, and he’s definitely doing his job (somewhat too well). His winrate has climbed a lot faster (and higher) than anticipated, so the majority of these changes are nerfs. In particular, there was really powerful synergy between Trait focused Talent choices and Tormented Souls. We think that by reducing the power of each individual part, it will bring this angel down to Earth.

Thrall

Frostwolf Resilience (Trait) Heal amount increased from 210 to 223

Level 1 Rolling Thunder (Q) Mana return increased from 10 to 12

Level 4 Feral Resilience (W) New functionality: Heroes hit by Feral Spirit grant Thrall 3 charges of Frostwolf Resilience

Level 7 Spirit Shield (Passive) Cooldown reduction per Frostwolf Resilience stack increased from 5 to 8 seconds

Level 20 Wind Rush (Active) Cooldown increased from 70 to 80 seconds

Zeratul

Level 16 Sentenced to Death (W) Bonus damage decreased from 50% to 40%

Zul'jin

Guillotine (R) Base damage increased from 210 to 350 Damage multiplier at extremely low health decreased from 500% to 300%

Level 20 Ensnare (Active) Range increased from 7.8 to 10 Cooldown reduced from 60 to 45 seconds Duration increased from 2 to 3 seconds

Medivh

Level 7 Raven Familiar (E) Ravens created by this talent will now only attack Heroic targets

Probius

Pylon Overcharge (R) No longer gives Pylons bonus Health

Brightwing

Pixie Dust (E) Movement Speed duration reduced from 4 to 3 seconds No longer grants Block charges New functionality: Grants 30% Spell Armor for 3 seconds

Level 13 Shield Dust (E) Added functionality: Pixie Dust also grants 50% Physical Armor for the duration

Lúcio

Healing Boost (W) Amp it Up Healing increased from 14.5 to 15.5

Talents * Level 16 Up the Frequency (E) Cooldown per Basic Attack increased from .35 to .45 seconds Developer Comment: The idea here is to give back his intentional healing since we took out so much of his passive healing away. This may also hopefully help Reverse Amp/Bring it Together pick rates on their tiers as well.

Tassadar

Plasma Shield (Q) Lifesteal amount reduced from 45% to 40%

Level 1 Khaydarin Resonance (Q) First unlock shield value bonus increased from 15% to 20% Second unlock shield bonus increased from 30% to 40% Templar’s Will (Passive) Damage bonus of first quest unlock reduced from 150% to 125%

Level 4 Khala’s Embrace (Q) Life steal amount reduced from 90% to 75%

Uther

Level 1 Hammer of the Lightbringer (E) Cooldown reduction per Basic Attack increased from 1 to 1.5 seconds

Level 4 Pursuit of Justice (E) Movement Speed increased from 20% to 25%

Level 7 Guardian of Ancient Kings (Trait) Armor reduced from 75 to 50

Level 16 Benediction (Active) Cooldown increased from 40 to 60 seconds

Developer Comment: When we looked at how to nerf our Paladin, we knew that Uther was designed to be great at shutting down enemy teams with lockdown, and we want to continue with that as one of his major strengths, but Guardian of Ancient Kings negated these enemy plays too well. Statistically, it isn’t outperforming the other Talents on the tier by a significant margin unless you look at the highest levels of play, but at those levels the power of this talent could feel frustrating to play against. After these changes, we think it will be a situational pick against teams with a lot of hard disables, but may not be the best choice if the team only has 1 or 2 things that will provide the increased Armor.

D.Va

Stats Mech Basic Attack Damage reduced from 22.5 to 21 Mech Health reduced from 2060 to 2000 Mech Health Regeneration reduced from 4.86 to 4.17

Level 1 Hit the Nitrous (Q) Damage bonus reduced from 100% to 50%

Dehaka

Stats Basic Attack damage reduced from 110 to 105 Abilities Brushstalker (Z) Cooldown increased from 50 to 60 seconds

Level 13 Ferocious Stalker (W) New functionality: Increase the damage of Dark Swarm by 40% while the Brushstalker buff is active

Bug Fixes

Fixed several issues that could cause the game client to crash.
    Malthael: Casting Last Rites multiple times on the same target will no longer cause overhead visual effects from the second cast to appear untextured.
    Chromie: Fixed an issue that could allow two instances of Slowing Sands to exist at once.
    Dehaka: Completing Tissue Regeneration’s Quest will no longer prevent Essence earned via Hero takedowns from Healing Dehaka.
    Samuro: Fixed an issue causing Windwalk to last 9 seconds rather than 10.
    Tassadar: Nullification will now correctly apply multiplicatively when the target is also affected by other damage reduction effects.
    Tassadar: Can no longer use his Basic Attack during Dimensional Shift while in Archon form.
    Thrall: Percent Health damage dealt by Basic Attacks after casting Feral Spirit with the Alpha Wolf Talent now correctly count as Ability Damage.
    Thrall: The bonus Heal amount granted by Frostwolf's Grace will no longer apply to all Frostwolf Resilience procs.
    Tyrande: The Bonus Damage amount that appears in Ranger's buff bar tooltip will now update properly.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    I should use dodge more

• Options
    edited June 2017
    That BW change is massive. Instead of this:

Abilities
    Pixie Dust (E)
    Movement Speed duration reduced from 4 to 3 seconds
    No longer grants Block charges
    New functionality:
    Grants 30% Spell Armor for 3 seconds

Talents
    Level 13
    Shield Dust (E)
    Added functionality:
    Pixie Dust also grants 50 Physical Armor for the duration

It might as well say this:

Brightwing is now first pick/ban material. Enjoy.

Inquisitor77 on
  • Options
    Blizzard has been weirdly protective of ability damage over AA damage for awhile now. (Ex: Block at level 1, on a 5s CD, Spell Shield at 13 on a 30s CD) Glad to see changes continue to happen to reverse that.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Also on Stukov:

He was one of the few bad-asses in SC1 that actually stood up for what's right and was betrayed by the UED (old school dominion from Earth).

He knew that trying to control the Zerg was a bad idea and was trying to stop his general and that weasel, Duran.

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    KorrorKorror Registered User regular
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    Hey the brightwing changes someone suggested a little while back basically got put in as suggested, pixie dust gives spell armor instead of block with a talent for physical armor, could push her into contention with top supports

It's a movement in the right direction at least. Block is increasingly useless against high attack speed heroes and spell armor is more thematic for brightwing as well.

Battlenet ID: NullPointer
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    shryke wrote: »
    I didn't mean to bring up the whole discussion of how exploitative the new 2.0 system is. I was just speaking to my own personal experience. In 1.0 I spent ~$50 a year on the stuff I wanted. In 2.0 I will likely spend no money (outside of the $15 I spent out the door for those starter pack deals). It is frustrating to me, specifically and personally, because I can no longer participate in a transparent, reasonable financial transaction.

Whether or not the system as a whole is exploitative is a discussion I think we've had before, and will likely pop up again from time-to-time. (Although the last time it happened was when 2.0 first came out, which was a while ago.) I'm pretty sure everyone agrees that, in aggregate, it probably is. But there is a very wide spectrum: some people take the perspective that personal responsibility should come into play here (and point out that people with enough discipline to not spend anything get a ton of free stuff), and others fall farther on the side that there should not exist systems that allow people to gamble themselves into poverty or debt.

I'm not sure there's a perfect solution here... I don't like the system, but I can appreciate that it is a business model that works, and that there are a lot of people who benefit from it (in the sense that they get a "free" game and "free" stuff within that game). The only way I know how to make a statement to Blizzard specifically is to not spend as much money as I did before (if any), because that is clearly what is driving their decision to implement this system in the first place.

But this presumes the two systems are intertwined. They are not. They literally didn't need to touch a thing in the shop. The only reason to do that is to force people into using Loot Chests to get the stuff they want.

The shop has nothing to do with the people who benefit from the free loot chests you get for leveling because they aren't buying anything in it and because those leveling rewards can exist independent of the structure of the shop in the game.

People keep acting like it's one way or the other and it's not. You can have both.

You can technically have both, I agree. I pointed this out during our last discussion. They could just give everyone free stuff without the gambling.

But the business model is explicitly built on the two things interacting. They are creating artificial scarcity, thus driving up demand, and making it more palatable and likely for people of a certain disposition to spend money gambling on chests. The model likely doesn't work if they don't prevent people from buying the things they want outright. The summer event is a time-gated version of this same principle. You can't get what you want except during this super-specific period in time, thus making some people feel more compelled to spend money on loot chests.

I don't think there is much insight to be had by having this discussion again. Like I said, I'm pretty sure everyone knows what's going on here. They just differ on the spectrum of how acceptable it is as a business practice.

But you don't need to give away free stuff to set up that business model either. You could literally have no progression rewards and still run a lootbox lottery. I think it is insightful in that people continue to defend the exploitative new shop using the fact that they get free stuff, despite one not being necessary for the other. I think there's serious confusion there about what part is doing what.

But my whole point was that the summer event just highlights the crap exploitative nature of the new shop system even more. It's literally not a giveaway (except for the sweepstakes thing anyway). They are just replacing your chests with new chests that do the same shit and then throwing a bunch of shit in the store that is both overpriced and limited time only. It's basically racketing up the lottery system with a time limit and overall it's crap for the users compared to if they just put the damn things in the shop.

shryke on
  • Options
    Block (in its various incarnations) isn't intended to be duration-based. That's an explicit design decision. If they wanted a hero to have duration-based auto attack mitigation then they would give them Blind or just make it duration-based. Murky's Fishtank talent, for example.

• Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    This might be a silly complaint, but it really annoys me that items you don't own are listed on the loadout screen when selecting your character. Especially since you can't actually buy any of the items you don't own from there. Either it should filter down to "owned" by default or just not show unowned stuff at all.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    This might be a silly complaint, but it really annoys me that items you don't own are listed on the loadout screen when selecting your character. Especially since you can't actually buy any of the items you don't own from there. Either it should filter down to "owned" by default or just not show unowned stuff at all.
    Unless I'm unsure what you're talking about, you can shard craft unowned items from the loadout screen. I do it for nearly all of my purchases.

butts
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    "Owned" by default should be an option at the very least. I don't mind the "Unowned" aspect since it's a quick way to craft something I want (Armorless Raynor!)

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    NyhtNyht Registered User regular
    Man if it is Stukov and he is a support, they are really trying to get more supports on the playing field.

As to "Why haven't you touched Tyrande yet" situation, she might still see changes when the next hero is released. Only so much time in the day for testing changes and there's a few ones here that they've obviously been working.

• Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    Jookie wrote: »
    Unless I'm unsure what you're talking about, you can shard craft unowned items from the loadout screen. I do it for nearly all of my purchases.

I don't think you can do it from the Draft lobby, unless i've just missed it.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Dat Uther nerf!
    Uther

Level 7 Guardian of Ancient Kings (Trait) Armor reduced from 75 to 50

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    I'm hoping one of they days, they revisit Tyrael's trait. I'm not a huge fan on death traits because the game is setup so that you don't want to die and they should be geared towards getting out of the damn time quicker, but not be hugely vital to normal game play. This is more or less why I feel it works for Leoric. I'm on the face with Uther, I haven't paid enough attention to see if that 8s is part of the normal timer or if it adds stuff on. I feel the heal works well because if you're not being dumb, you've probably died in a team fight and that healing could help secure an objective or deny the other team a kill. Unless I'm missing something, I just don't much use for his trait to be noticeable, I don't think it was much damage nor does it have a huge radius, so not many cases where it secures an objective. I don't think they've done a rework because last time I played with him he had the awful gather 30 health globes quest (not saying it's weak, but if you're tanking it seems unlikely that you'll complete it most games, when seems like poor design for a level one talent). Honestly, I think the only major glaring problem with him, is that his trait seems rather awful, but maybe I'm just missing something.

• Options
    Mill wrote: »
    I'm hoping one of they days, they revisit Tyrael's trait. I'm not a huge fan on death traits because the game is setup so that you don't want to die and they should be geared towards getting out of the damn time quicker, but not be hugely vital to normal game play. This is more or less why I feel it works for Leoric. I'm on the face with Uther, I haven't paid enough attention to see if that 8s is part of the normal timer or if it adds stuff on. I feel the heal works well because if you're not being dumb, you've probably died in a team fight and that healing could help secure an objective or deny the other team a kill. Unless I'm missing something, I just don't much use for his trait to be noticeable, I don't think it was much damage nor does it have a huge radius, so not many cases where it secures an objective. I don't think they've done a rework because last time I played with him he had the awful gather 30 health globes quest (not saying it's weak, but if you're tanking it seems unlikely that you'll complete it most games, when seems like poor design for a level one talent). Honestly, I think the only major glaring problem with him, is that his trait seems rather awful, but maybe I'm just missing something.

No, you're correct. Tyrael does have a terrible trait. Every so often people notice and complain about it, then forget for awhile again.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Nyht wrote: »
    Man if it is Stukov and he is a support, they are really trying to get more supports on the playing field.

As to "Why haven't you touched Tyrande yet" situation, she might still see changes when the next hero is released. Only so much time in the day for testing changes and there's a few ones here that they've obviously been working.

I don't think Blizzard cares that much about concentrating particular in-universe factions into one archetype, but it'd be a little weird for the Zerg to have 1 Warrior, 1 Assassin, and 3 Specialists versus 1 of everything with 2 specialists, one of them one of the weirder ones in the game.

Stukov as an offense-tilted support of some kind without a lot of personal damage feels like a reasonable way to recreate his general hands-off style from SC2 co-op without sticking us with Yet Another Zerg Guy That Makes Units.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Mill wrote: »

No, you're correct. Tyrael does have a terrible trait. Every so often people notice and complain about it, then forget for awhile again.

I think it's because of the official Browder response back in the day was essentially "yeah, some heroes are gonna have shit traits"

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    They can alter Tyrael's Trait like they did Uther by giving it a secondary use. Uther used to just heal, but not grants Armor on heals. Why not do something similar with Tyrael?

He can still explode on death, but have a passive or active Trait during play. It could be something to offset his trait like a death timer reduction based on damage dealt. Perhaps adding a heal on death to allies so you can hurt or heal.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    They can alter Tyrael's Trait like they did Uther by giving it a secondary use. Uther used to just heal, but not grants Armor on heals. Why not do something similar with Tyrael?

He can still explode on death, but have a passive or active Trait during play. It could be something to offset his trait like a death timer reduction based on damage dealt. Perhaps adding a heal on death to allies so you can hurt or heal.

He can talent into a shield on death at level 1. It's buggy garbage, but it is a thing.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    About half of the Malthael talent changes are actually buffs? Like, his max armor during his Ult is now 75, instead of 65, so I'm not sure that's really helping, and the passive increase on his ult at 20... um, yeah. The doubling of the CD reduction on Throwing Shade is a pretty big deal too, given that that's the only way he interacts with his counters, and how he initiates on tanks or people who are trying not to get stuck by him.

So with Ethereal, it's actually going to be a net nerf most of the time. Keep in mind you're not gonna have all 5 Enemy Heroes tagged, right. Also the max now is 70, not 75.

Prior to this change, you only needed 3 Enemy Heroes tagged to receive the 45 Physical Armor (15 per). Now you need 4 Enemy Heroes tagged to get 40, or 5 to get 50 (10 per).

It's a slight buff if all 5 Enemy Heroes are tagged and a slight nerf if 4 Enemy Heroes are tagged, and it goes down incrementally from there. 2-3 Heroes got hit the hardest, since now we're looking at 20/30 Physical Armor instead of 30/45.

Throwing Shade was buffed because it was the worst talent on the tier by a large margin, it definitely needed the buff.

Reaper of Souls buff was a bit strange, admittedly. But on the other hand, Reaper of Souls in it's prior incarnation was... kinda unappealing. Like I always took Final Curtain. With this, maybe there's more of a reason to take Reaper of Souls if you need a defensive level 20.

He did mostly get hit where it counted, though. CD increase on Tormented Souls, net nerf to Ethereal, nerf to Memento Mori.

Edit: I would've liked to have seen changes to Last Rites and Massacre too, since those are also massively underperforming, but those aren't as huge a priority right now, probably? These changes were definitely very good, I mean. I just hope we see those bumped up in the future, once he's been brought down first.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I feel like support is the one role Stukov DOESN'T fit in. I could see him as anything else.

My guess is specialist though

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    They just need to get him down from a game warping 60% winrate before they can really work on the other stuff.

He's toxic to every mode as he was because it was such a big hard counter to every melee on the roster. They'll probably see how this goes and adjust some more in the next hero release patch.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Tyrael's trait sucks, but it would suck a lot less if he had Even in Death by default and his cooldowns were reset upon death.

• Options
    Tyrael's trait sucks, but it would suck a lot less if he had Even in Death by default and his cooldowns were reset upon death.

I think you mean it would suck a lot less if he had the two Level 1 talents by default. But yes, it would still suck. If they wanted to literally copy Uther, they could have his shields provide a passive 15% Spell Armor buff, give him Even in Death baseline, and give him a level 20 self-res talent on a long cooldown.
    But I bet they don't. At least not until he gets his "rework that really just means tacking a bunch of quests onto his kit" change.

• Options
    I will say I'm pretty excited to try brightwing. I really love playing brightwing, so i'm hopeful it's a good change for her. Being able to save people from burst has always been her biggest problem since Piano Brightwing was removed. I wish they expanded her base heal range a little because it's almost ludicrously small, but can make do.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
    So what do people usually take for 20 on Malthael? I've usually been taking the instant revive, because it seems to be the best overall if you just don't die when it's on cooldown. It's especially great when you get killed right as your team hits 20 and you're just right back in the fray

PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • Options
    Tyrael seems pretty fine. He doesn't need a "more power" rework. He needs a few talent tweaks and to make his trait more interesting. Although it hits hard enough now that it's kinda interesting on it's own.

• Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    dav3yb wrote: »
    So what do people usually take for 20 on Malthael? I've usually been taking the instant revive, because it seems to be the best overall if you just don't die when it's on cooldown. It's especially great when you get killed right as your team hits 20 and you're just right back in the fray

Final Curtain, by a mile.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I don't think every trait has to be dynamite. At least with Tyrael he's a warrior who will frequently die so it provides a decent zoning tool once you croke.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I don't think every trait has to be dynamite. At least with Tyrael he's a warrior who will frequently die so it provides a decent zoning tool once you croke.

But Tyrael's trait is dynamite.

Because he explodes.

:P

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    That shit is nasty man. While leveling Malth I had to be real careful killing that asshole cause he's almost always kill me back with his explosion.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular

But Tyrael's trait is dynamite.

Because he explodes.

:P

Off with his head.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular

I almost never die with Tyrael, though.

He's extremely mobile and has two escapes (Q teleport, movespeed from E), he's got his Shield and Sanc if he really needs to self-pop it.

I just find that most games I get no value out of his Trait because I'm alive for like 99% of the game. And then that 1% that I am dead, my deathsplosion doesn't really accomplish much.

I get that all Traits are not made equally, but at the very least it could stand to be something better. Like I think above all else it's just boring and not fun. That's my main complaint with it, really.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
This discussion has been closed.