As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[E3] 2017 Thread - All Done Till Next Year

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Big Star Wars video on now.

http://live.e3expo.com/

Edit: Welp. Over now.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Watching the E3 thread with last year's games.

It is funny how some good games are so easily forgotten.

Styx and Technomancer seem good.

Totally glossed over them. Styx is actually a sequel.

that Styx game is actually the 3rd in a series! first one wasn't called Styx though, don't remember the actual name. Technomancer apparently turned out to be shit.

but yeah, tons of great stuff gets lots in the crowd. indies tend to get a prop up cause everyone wants to find that next gem and the (usually)low cost is an easier sell. mid-tier titles are generally fucked though. might get a bit of attention but are usually forgot soon after the show end.

M-Vickers wrote: »
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    so i guess Fortnite is still a thing?

https://youtu.be/OiG8DuoHVVk

That looks like good fun, I think I'll grab it next month. It'll help kill time until Destiny 2 arrives.

it does look better than i was expecting, but i'm not totally sold yet. also i was getting a pretty strong F2P vibe and was thrown by they 'Pre-Order' mention at the end there. will wait and see more, but get the feeling i'll be giving this one a miss.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular

that Styx game is actually the 3rd in a series! first one wasn't called Styx though, don't remember the actual name. Technomancer apparently turned out to be shit.

but yeah, tons of great stuff gets lots in the crowd. indies tend to get a prop up cause everyone wants to find that next gem and the (usually)low cost is an easier sell. mid-tier titles are generally fucked though. might get a bit of attention but are usually forgot soon after the show end.

That looks like good fun, I think I'll grab it next month. It'll help kill time until Destiny 2 arrives.

it does look better than i was expecting, but i'm not totally sold yet. also i was getting a pretty strong F2P vibe and was thrown by they 'Pre-Order' mention at the end there. will wait and see more, but get the feeling i'll be giving this one a miss.

Styx is a prequel to Of Orcs and Men, according to Wikipedia, which is the sequel to Encyclopedia Britannica.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Drez wrote: »

Styx is a prequel to Of Orcs and Men, according to Wikipedia, which is the sequel to Encyclopedia Britannica.

where does Encarta fit into that timeline?

• Options
    Drez wrote: »

where does Encarta fit into that timeline?

Encarta never existed. Must have existed in an alternate timeline that only you can perceive.

• Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    30 minutes for Nintendo is a little concerning. It could be jam packed 30 minutes - I certainly appreciate the lack of on stage BS. Or it could be 30 minutes because Nintendo doesn't have shit, like last year. Zelda is a phenomenal game but that was just sad. I really need to be reassured that my Switch purchase wasn't another waste of money and if 3DS games are taking time too I just don't think Nintendo is ready to do that.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Or it could be short because they're just going to rapid-fire blast through games and have any deep dives on the Treehouse stream.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Should we expect another Mother 3 joke aka Reggie Filet Arms laughing at us and saying "fuck you" for a third year running?

• Options
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Star Wars Battlefront: I bought the collector's edition for 90 dollars and played the collector's edition for 20 minutes.

Drez on
  • Options
    They are showing We Happy Few now.

• Options

looks to be just a run of last years stuff right now. currently showing Tekken 7 on the Xbox stage for me. have added a note to eht OP that the stream is running though.

• Options

looks to be just a run of last years stuff right now. currently showing Tekken 7 on the Xbox stage for me. have added a note to eht OP that the stream is running though.

Now they are showing Scalebound. Totally missed it last year.

• Options

yeah, bit awkward that bit.

• Options

yeah, bit awkward that bit.

They picked the most unlikable person to be the main character though.

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    I'm glad EA is volunteering first so we can get the usual lowpoint of E3 out of the way.

Are we doing the IRC chat thing like usual?

• Options
    if there are IRC/Discord details, let me know and i'll add them to the OP.

• Options
    pretty good run down of the leaked Assassin's Creed Origins details.

https://youtu.be/MV1kYDol08o

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Going to be interesting to see what press conference Sony puts up given their last two years.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    I think the E3 stream has looped now.

• Options
    I think the E3 stream has looped now.

only a few hours left till it switches to the EA briefing.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Alright this thread is confusing me.

E3 starts on the 13th yeah? Or am I crazy?

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Axen wrote: »
    Alright this thread is confusing me.

E3 starts on the 13th yeah? Or am I crazy?

the expo floor opens on the 13th. EA are doing their EA Play thing outside of E3 proper, which is why they're so early. tomorrow MS and Bethesda will have their pre-E3 press briefings.

• Options
    If I had to rank my own estimations for the Big 3 this year, it would probably go:

1. Most Interested In: Microsoft. I'm really curious what they're going to do with their big Scorpio unveil, which by all accounts is being treated like "Xbox One: The Do-Over". Will they be able to back up all the claims about their 4K horsepower? Will they have the games and incentives to back it up?

2. Most Cautious About: Nintendo. It's my hope that they'll have some big Switch games announced and released within the year, but there's also a good chance they'll just focus on the stuff we already know about and just announce a few mid-tier Switch announcements (like more ports of Wii U games; Tokyo Mirage Sessions is one of the big rumored, which I would personally be excited about as I haven't played the Wii U version, but it wouldn't be a megaton announcement either).

3. Most Excited For: Sony. What can I say? Four years and counting, they've dominated the E3 press conferences. I've had the privilege of attending the last three shows in my local theater, and I'm all primed for this year as well. The only thing I'm worried about is the big chunk of time that's going to be taken up by Destiny 2 and CoD, neither of which I have any interest in.

Game Announcement I'm Hoping For Most: Surprising no one, I'm hoping real hard for another FFVII Remake trailer. I know the odds are pretty low given the news about the development change to in-house, but it would be a real big disappointment if they didn't have anything new to show given this year is both the anniversary of FFVII and the series itself. I'll take a new CG trailer if it means we get to see a certain someone make their debut and kick all sorts of ass.

Kingdom Hearts III is actually looking more likely, as there's been more mutterings of a new trailer for E3. It would be great, especially if they cap it off with the fanboy-killing drop of a Star Wars world, but I already know what to expect out of that game. There's so much more we don't know about FFVII, so I'm hoping really hard we get some details.

• Options

Bioware always has the best pairings. :P

• Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    The rumors about a space like skyrim/fallout game at Bethesda have me excited.

I'd imagine Xbox going to be hitting hard this year with the Scorpio. Be interesting what Sony and Nintendo counter with.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular

Oh yeah, we're supposed to get something on Bioware's new IP sometime during this E3 aren't we?

• Options
    I would like an Elder Scrolls game in the spirit of the early ones with the darkness, nudity, and danger.

It guess that came from old PC games being more of an adult niche product. They were more risque.

• Options
    Lorek wrote: »

Oh yeah, we're supposed to get something on Bioware's new IP sometime during this E3 aren't we?

i'm not expecting any more than what we got to see of Andromeda in the years leading up to its release. devs talking, some concept art, not a lot more.

• Options
    I would like an Elder Scrolls game in the spirit of the early ones with the darkness, nudity, and danger.

It guess that came from old PC games being more of an adult niche product. They were more risque.

i think it also came from not having the restrictions placed on console games, specifically Nintendo's limits on content.

• Options
    Lorek wrote: »

i'm not expecting any more than what we got to see of Andromeda in the years leading up to its release. devs talking, some concept art, not a lot more.

In light of Andromeda's...well, you know...I'm expecting a bigger push into OMG LOOKIT OUR GRAFIX

Just lots of (most likely altered) graphical footage of their games to show "No really we know how animations work, Frostbite isn't a nightmare engine, look at this!".

• Options
    Major Nelson talking with Phil Spencer about their E3 show. Phil mentions 'getting to the games pretty quick', so don't expect them to dwell on hardware, but instead mix the talk in with the demos.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    New game leaked ahead of Bethesda's press conference, potentially: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1388775
    Thanks Amazon
    WMgRVFl.png

Oh man, I hope it gets revealed for real.

• Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    New game leaked ahead of Bethesda's press conference, potentially: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1388775
    Thanks Amazon
    WMgRVFl.png

i think most were expecting this one, especially after it was teased last year. leak or no i'd be very disappointed if it didn't show up.

• Options
    Thanks Amazon
    WMgRVFl.png

i think most were expecting this one, especially after it was teased last year. leak or no i'd be very disappointed if it didn't show up.

One of the worst kept secrets of the year I'd say.

• Options
    EA stream countdown is live on Youtube and Twitch.

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    https://www.giantbomb.com/chat/

Best way to e3 is up.

No I don't.
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Thanks Amazon
    WMgRVFl.png

They literally hinted at it at last year's E3.

• Options
    Thanks Amazon
    WMgRVFl.png

They literally hinted at it at last year's E3.

I meant showing up at E3 this year.

Bethesda traditionally doesn't go in for the whole years and years of hype build up that other Devs seem to like doing. When they officially announce a game chances are good you'll be playing it within 6-9 months. I appreciate that.