Options

also, i watch movies some

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Mysst wrote: »
    cursedking wrote: »
    I think the real solution is to not make a willy wonka prequel, because who gives a shit

the money does

is your sig a meta joke or is someone blowing up your spot here

I don't getcha

Photobucket disabled external hot linking for people who aren't paying, your sig is currently this
    2sQwjaL.jpg

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    I think the real solution is to not make a willy wonka prequel, because who gives a shit

the money does

I don't getcha

Photobucket disabled external hot linking for people who aren't paying, your sig is currently this
    2sQwjaL.jpg

Oh dammit I've been on mobile

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »

the money does

I don't getcha

2sQwjaL.jpg

Oh dammit I've been on mobile

Hey, you can't beat 100%

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

the money does

I don't getcha

It's displaying an image that says "Please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting"

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I have no idea what a fidget spinner is but I keep seeing them mentioned everywhere. I feel so old.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Don't worry. In five years every kid who remembers what a fidget spinner is will feel old for the first time when someone says "hey, remember fidget spinners?"

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Hey, remember snap bracelets?

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus

Yeah, those things were awesome.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular

They're next to my POGs.

New Spiderman does not mention fidget spinners, and if somebody had one I didn't see it. I am 100% certain that if Sony were left to their own devices, that would not have been the case.

Marvel also made other positive contributions to Homecoming. It's a fun movie. The 2nd stinger in the credits is my new favorite.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    I have no idea what a fidget spinner is but I keep seeing them mentioned everywhere. I feel so old.

it's a thing that was marketed as a tool to help kids with add to focus while fidgeting with it. it has three spokes and spins on the hinge while you hold it and flick it. that's all it is.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Remember--

*looks at notes*

--fleshlights?

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    Remember--

*looks at notes*

--fleshlights?

The future is Bad Dragon.

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Remember--

*looks at notes*

--fleshlights?

As Secret Satan, can confirm.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Spider-Man Homecoming was fantastic

Best Spider-Man movie so far, loved it

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    So I think its happened... I think I've hit superhero film fatigue.

I didn't see Logan or Wonder Woman or Guardians of the Galaxy 2 in theaters. I'll see them eventually, either at the cheap theater or when they come home, but just...

Man, it is hard for me to muster any enthusiasm for a superhero film coming out unless it is really geared towards me. My roommate asked me if I wanted to go see Spider-Man: Homecoming and I was just like, "Ehhh... Maybe? Sure? No. Nah...."

I think the next superhero film I'm actually looking forward to is Thor: Ragnarok but beyond that? I'll see Infinity Wars because I have to but really 2018 is all about The Incredibles 2 for me.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Yo, also I watched The Shadow last night and that is what I need more superhero films to be like.

It is weird and kind of goofy but also melodramatic and so many things that I love about it.

Alec Baldwin is so smooth in it. At one point the villain makes fun of America and Alec Baldwin summons his future role of Jack Donaghy and shuts that shit down right there.

The film is also marked with highlights like its terrific soundtrack, which really sets a tone for the movie.

This theme song rocks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBLsaN3PXG4

In addition the entire visual department for the film is outstanding. It is a pure period piece but just slightly off in a way that works for a superhero tale.

I recommend it a bunch.

Zonugal on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Remember--

*looks at notes*

--fleshlights?

I saw some of those in person, recently

Photos don't do them justice

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    What about--

--THE PHANTOM?

qgaXVl6.jpg

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    That poster is the answer to the question, "Why haven't I seen Billy Zane in anything for a while?"

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Billy Zane doing his best Jeff Goldblum impression.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I still kind of want a Shadow/Phantom/Rocketeer 'cinematic universe'.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Phantom Limb's better

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    The Shadow is better than The Phantom. Next question.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular

Shows hold old you are, you didn't even notice that snap bracelets are back! (I got one the other day!)

Fidget spinners are actually pretty neat and satisfying to use, but they are "helpful" to an absolute minority of kids.

• Options
    What about--

--THE PHANTOM?

qgaXVl6.jpg

Billy Zane will always hold a very special place in my heart.

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    I still refer to Xander 'My name begins and ends with an X' Drax on a regular basis.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Oh man, The Girl With All The Gifts was fantastic

Like, content warning for gore and acts of intense violence done to animals and children

But if you can handle those things, you should absolutely check it out, it's currently free on Prime (in the US at least)

My favorite zombie-ish flick in a while

Straightzi on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I've been meaning to watch that. The novel was fantastic. A little put off by the race switching in the movie, but interested nonetheless

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    while looking for that movie, i saw that nerve and death wish 4 (wherein charles bronson ends drugs) were just added

check 'em out

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    I haven't read the book yet, although I've been meaning to. I really dig Mike Carey's comic book work, so I expect I'll be into it.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    hey guys I just watched Queen of Katwe on Netflix and that is a real good little film that I think deserved a bit more conversation

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    hey guys I just watched Queen of Katwe on Netflix and that is a real good little film that I think deserved a bit more conversation

Directed by Mira Nair, for those who were looking for good films to watch by female directors. I was a little bit wary of this one initially, as I've found her work involving India or Indians abroad to generally be much better than her films that don't touch on Indian culture in any way. Reviews have been positive though so I'm glad I can watch it soon.

Edit: the long thing about wanting movies to watch by female directors was in the D&D movie thread, not here. Oops. Oh well!

Ketar on
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Just got back from Baby Driver and I have accepted that Edgar Wright movies don't do squat for me. Exceptionally well executed on a technical level but nothing about the characters, save for Jon Hamm and Jamie Foxx, or the plot felt especially fleshed out.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I'm watching Streets of Fire and Jesus fuck this dialogue is awful

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Willem Dafoe is as pale as a ghost and I'm pretty sure all he's wearing is a pair of leather overalls.

And he has a Southern accent despite this movie clearly being in one of those northern cities with elevated trains.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    knitdan wrote: »
    I'm watching Streets of Fire and Jesus fuck this dialogue is awful

Watch Street Kings next and make it a night of shitty Street movie dialogue.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Bill Paxton with a giant pompadour and a gap tooth and he's a goofy bartender

• Options
    Climactic fight is a duel with railroad hammers

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »
    That poster is the answer to the question, "Why haven't I seen Billy Zane in anything for a while?"

The last thing I saw Billy Zane in was a movie called Valley of the Wolves: Iraq which is a Turkish movie about some dudes who go to Iraq to blow up Americans lead by the villainous Billy Zane who likes to play a huge white piano alone in a ballroom and also Gary Busey is in it as a mad scientist who steals organs from Abu Gharib prisoners

Broke as fuck and the bills past due, all amounts assist and are kindly received.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2017
    Billy Zane is a thing of pure beauty.

Raijin Quickfoot on
This discussion has been closed.