Options

[FFBE] See new thread under new management

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Drascin wrote: »
    I on the other hand have something like 8 tickets and I expect they're all going to vanish in the event. I wonder how to get more of them.

Mog King doles some out in exchange for [current macguffin], lvl3 expeditions prize, sometimes on the daily gift

So probably ain't going to see a lot. Okay then.

Also, damn, the event made me run up against the material limit already. I have like 23 slots occupied with ability awakening materials and not one of my dudes (cept lasswell) even has an awakenable ability. Going to have to spend hard-earned Lapis on inventory space, really. Grumble.

Hopefully you're doing the 5 daily quests a day too. It gives you 100 lapis. Also run the Arena, win or lose you get 40 lapis.

I'm trying, yes. Also going into the arena and hitting Give up immediately since I was told that you still get free lapis and Quartzes for getting smashed (no, I don't even try. Have you seen the teams that pop up in the selectables?)

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Yeah at your level that's the best course of action.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »
    Halfmex wrote: »
    No pulling for me on any banner until Nier, unless for some reason they decide to push it way out on the schedule but I doubt it. Currently sitting at ~19k lapis and 60 tix, 3 of which are 4+.

Wasn't Nier a grind banner? That means it'll be at least 2 weeks.

Three weeks. King Mog events go for two weeks, and then the store is open after the event for another week.

nier was a raid

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    I'm hoping some interesting banner shows up soon. I havent drawn beyond the freebies since the zarglebargle banner and that was just to get a few bonus units. None of the new banner interest me at all. I'm kinda getting the shakes holding onto all these tickets and lapis.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    azith28 wrote: »
    I'm hoping some interesting banner shows up soon. I havent drawn beyond the freebies since the zarglebargle banner and that was just to get a few bonus units. None of the new banner interest me at all. I'm kinda getting the shakes holding onto all these tickets and lapis.

I'm not sure there are actually that many really good 4* units left in the future. Some great 5* units on banners coming up (Veritases, Onion Knight, Ayaka), but I think the run of Setzer, Tilith, Rikku, and Ashe (and I guess Agrias depending on if her enhancements come soon) are the last of the great 4* units for a long, long while and it's back to mehness outside from the 5*s.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Onion knight and cloud are on my radar. no idea when tho.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Onion Knight would be nice to have so that I have a physical chainer. I'd love Cloud so that I can take his TMR and give it to Olive (if she hasn't been completely outclassed/hasn't gotten any enhancements by that point).

• Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    Yeah, not a lot that are as over-the-moon as what we've had recently, but there are solid 4-star bases coming up:

Victoria: Chaining, ramp-up dark magic. Great TMR!
    Tim: Actually a 3-star base, but he's hard to hit and is a breaker/debuffer
    Aura: Her own TMR complements her kit, and she does some nice chaining
    Glauca: He pops up on some videos, a pretty interesting kit.
    Sylvia: Fryevia light, but not tied to an element and based on elemental buffs.
    William: Another potentially useful mage
    Chloe: A very strange green mage, can buff killers on to your units.
    Mistair: Magic WoL

What's interesting to note is that some of the interest in better mages has already been accomplished in GL via Zyrus, and Zyrus & Ashe will likely work well against a lot of the magic-focused trials coming up.

But, yes, 5-stars are where it's at for interesting units. It'll be interesting to see how they keep stuff worthwhile, since as time goes on people will have easier access to the current "top" units.

|| Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    LuqLuq Registered User regular
    Is there some tool like FFRKcentral for FFRK where I can share what units I have etc? I just started casually playing about 3 weeks ago. I could use some advice but there's so many moving bits to this game I don't want to type up a massive info-dump. FFRK will always be my main game but I've played BE long enough that I'm sure it's going to stick around on my phone for a long time.

I've barely read anything outside the game. Wish I had, I would've at least attempted to get a Zodiac Spear since I got a Reberta from the anniv free daily summon a couple weeks back. Saw someone's comment about spending your motes. After I deciphered what that meant I checked with the Moogle King and I had 2500. So much loot I missed, ah well. Instead of a free spear I blew a ton of trust moogles on her, she's at 90% now. I'll have her spear soon. It seems she's maybe good enough to build a team around? She and Rikku are my only 6*.

@ArcTangent I added you the first day I started playing. Your Orlandu (and whoever you shared before that, can't recall the name) have been a huge help.

FFRK:jWwH RW:Onion Knight's Sage USB
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    I'm not aware of any unit export tool. Generally if they start @ a 3 star level, they'll have limited ceilings. ExDeath and PCecil being the exceptions. You can use this page to get an idea about how good certain units are. http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Unit_Rankings#Other

There are links to 5* and 4* units as well. Having more than one of the same type of unit or a friend unit that is the same is usually the key to higher damage.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Well, managed to awaken Garland to 4 stars, and Exdeath is at 36, it should be pretty soon. And I went back to scour some cities and found a recipe for thundara, which means that Exdeath finally has area magic thank fuck.

Rain has way more lenient XP costs per level than most characters or is it just me, btw? Dude always seems to end up leading the party level.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    Onion Knight would be nice to have so that I have a physical chainer. I'd love Cloud so that I can take his TMR and give it to Olive (if she hasn't been completely outclassed/hasn't gotten any enhancements by that point).

Cloud pretty much will outclass Olive. Especially once the two handed weapon buffs come.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Well, managed to awaken Garland to 4 stars, and Exdeath is at 36, it should be pretty soon. And I went back to scour some cities and found a recipe for thundara, which means that Exdeath finally has area magic thank fuck.

Rain has way more lenient XP costs per level than most characters or is it just me, btw? Dude always seems to end up leading the party level.

It seems like all the story characters are more lenient. I've noticed they have almost half the usual material requirements to awaken then other units as well.

• Options
    Story characters do level much faster than others, which is nice. You'll eventually want to level all of your story characters to max so that you can do the story specific character trials for some pretty good equipment.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Sitting on three Agrias and four Gaffgarion, and while Meliadoul is neat I'll just hope I eventually pull her because a banner with three 4* base units is a horrible miserable nightmare judging by my Karls and Serias.

Up to 42 tickets and one 4* ticket for the Nier banner.

EDIT: Also people are getting excited about Meliadoul's Chantage materia... Am I missing something? It's an auto-raise once per battle it seems like?

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Meliadoul's TMR looks like it'll be really nice on WoL if you're running his Shard of Genius build. Beyond that not much interests me this banner. I mean, Merc Ramza's TMR would be nice on Fryevia but there's no way in hell I'm gonna try and pull on this banner for a relatively small upgrade.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I would like Merc Delita's TMR for my WoL, but not enough to really pull for him.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    Every fiber of my being knows outright that this banner is not going to be worth pulling on and I should save my resources for Nier.

However theres also a very big "FFT IS YOUR FAVORITE GAME EVER" voice shouting at me

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    nier and the veritas banners

votd is downright broken and has one of the best tmrs in the game to boot

• Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Spent what few tickets I had. my 4* gaurantee was Rosa. which I got in an EX ticket pool. Bleh.

Did get a second gaffgarion and my frist Agrias so there is that I suppose.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Okay, that's Exdeath awakened too. Full 4-star team now, and I'm officially out of awakening materials.

Also, @TeaSpoon 's guy has let me do the event up to getting the Dwarf Katana, which my WoL should enjoy quite a bit.

EDIT: As it turns out, Exdeath at 4 stars gets Firaga, Blizzaga, and Thundaga. My elemental coverage just got a lot less spotty, and my team's sustain just got a lot worse. I think I'm gonna have to set my friend gift to water crysts so I can make a pile of Ethers.

Drascin on
  • Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Okay, that's Exdeath awakened too. Full 4-star team now, and I'm officially out of awakening materials.

Also, @TeaSpoon 's guy has let me do the event up to getting the Dwarf Katana, which my WoL should enjoy quite a bit.

EDIT: As it turns out, Exdeath at 4 stars gets Firaga, Blizzaga, and Thundaga. My elemental coverage just got a lot less spotty, and my team's sustain just got a lot worse. I think I'm gonna have to set my friend gift to water crysts so I can make a pile of Ethers.

Exdeath is an extremely solid unit, especially once you get him up to 6-star level 100 and can start duel-casting Meteors. Exdeath was a mainstay of my team for months, only recently getting edged out by Ace now that I've been able to awaken his abilities (Ace pairs really well with Olive and Orlandu). I would focus on getting him as far as you can get as soon as possible, and he will help carry you through a lot of battles. For example, I was able to make it through the highest difficulty in most King Mog events with just Exdeath surrounded by a bunch of unleveled event bonus units.

My Arena team still features two Exdeaths. There are not a lot of teams that survive 4 meteors in one round.

Cururu on
  • Options
    Yyyyeah, Let's just say that I'm seeing "get anyone to 6 stars" as a thing in the far future. Getting everyone to 4 already was a matter of some doing.

Currently considering getting some actual heals in the roster. Would probably have to kick Rain for it, though. I mean, the logical choice would be to kick Rikku, because she isn't doing a lot, but I like Rikku, so fuck that.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    If you can, work on getting Rikku to 5*. At 5* level 11 she learns Al Bhed Potion, which heals all of your party for 1000HP and cures a few status ailments to boot. That should be good enough to clear lower level content before you can draw a more accomplished healer.

Cruor on
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Yyyyeah, Let's just say that I'm seeing "get anyone to 6 stars" as a thing in the far future. Getting everyone to 4 already was a matter of some doing.

Currently considering getting some actual heals in the roster. Would probably have to kick Rain for it, though. I mean, the logical choice would be to kick Rikku, because she isn't doing a lot, but I like Rikku, so fuck that.

I thought you had Beach Time Fina?

EDIT: Also, I think you said you were in the desert part of Lanzelt in which case you should be getting regular Fina shortly.

tsmvengy on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Easier said than done, that. Even if I could get a dude to 60, which doesn't look super likely (and sadly I'll be rather gone this weekend, so my ability to farm the cactuar thing will be small), I do not have basically any of the materials necessary to awaken her to 5. I mean, 15 sacred crystals? I already had to farm Cave of Awakening INT for two days to get the 10 I needed to awaken Exdeath and Garland! I don't even know what some of the others are!

EDIT: Yes, I do have Fina. Like I said, I could kick Rain for a healer, which in this case would be Fina. Thing is I'm not sure if my damage will hold if I do that, basically. Hence why I wondered if Exdeath's damage spike was enough to justify the change.

Drascin on
  • Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    Managed to finish off my gun apron for Olive earlier. That puts her at 1195 attack I think.

I've been rocking my Fry for awhile. Do people still want her or would the Olive beast be better?

• Options
    Cirira wrote: »
    Managed to finish off my gun apron for Olive earlier. That puts her at 1195 attack I think.

I've been rocking my Fry for awhile. Do people still want her or would the Olive beast be better?

I think it depends. If you have a lot of Fryevia or other 5* chainer friends then your list will get a lot more use out of keeping Fryevia up. If your friend list is mostly whatever, then Olive's not a bad choice to put up since it'll allow people with "budget" chainers to have a beastly finisher.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    No export tool, what a bunch of fiddle faddle.

I could use some advice on where to direct my efforts. So far I dumped most of my resources into Reberta and Rikku. Reberta is max level, potted everything but MAG. Here are the 6* capable characters to choose from. Who else would you choose to fill out the team? Ones that I've been using have a weapon listed.

6* Reberta (mog spear, 90% trust), Rikku 6*(Overdrive)
    5* Aileen (Hyper Ball), Wilhelm, Kelsus (cheap rod), Seabreeze Dark Fina (Empress Birch)
    4* WOL (Break Blade), Mercedes (OgreKiller), Setzer, Beachtime Fina, Zyrus (cheap rod), Luka, Snow, Soleil, Rasler, Grace, moogles
    3* Exdeath, Xiao, Firion, Garland

TMR units: Zidane, Ingus (fused two already, oops)

Only characters out of there with sentimental attachment are Rikku and Setzer. It seems like they kind of take the same slot on the team though, so I haven't worked on Setzer yet. I only use Mercedes for Mug.

edit: only in Grandport in story.

Luq on
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Aileen is the best by a massive margin. Significantly moreso than Reberta.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    You have an embarrassment of riches in there. Hoo boy.

Damage dealers: Reberta is pretty good. Aileen is one of the best, and in the future will be even better. Both are "chainers" and do best when paired with a duplicate (usually a friend unit).

Support: Rikku is queen here. She can buff resists, give damage mitigation, and her LB is meta-defining.

Tank: WoL and Wilhelm are both very very good. WoL has added utility in his debuffs and ability to use Raise, and his AoE physical cover (Light is with us). Wilhelm is an amazing draw/counter tank with a lot of great buffs. He can even buff LB fill rate, which pairs very well with Rikku.

Healers: You...don't have a ton of options here sadly. Beachtime Fina can work, as can Luka.

Out of that setup, I'd make the team Reberta, Aileen, Rikku, WoL OR Wilhelm (depending on if you need breaks or not), and Beachtime Fina.

• Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    People were talking about farming one of the Promise Beyond Time missions for giancrysts. Which one?

EDIT: NVM, sounds like it's the one called "A Promise Beyond Time"!

tsmvengy on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Aileen is the best by a massive margin. Significantly moreso than Reberta.
    Oops. All those pots and trust moogles... oh well.
    Cruor wrote: »
    You have an embarrassment of riches in there. Hoo boy.
    snip...
    Out of that setup, I'd make the team Reberta, Aileen, Rikku, WoL OR Wilhelm (depending on if you need breaks or not), and Beachtime Fina.

What about mages? From that unit ranking list Dark Fina, Zyrus, and Kelsus all seem good. Do I not need one in the party? Is BE like RK in that most of the time you want to run either physical or magic, not both?

Also, what the hell is the deal with Kelsus? I don't understand that guy. I saw something on Reddit about him chaining and Reberta finishing with her best jump, but I don't really get it. Guess I'll check the wiki.

Luq on
  • Options
    Kelsus is a weird unit. He's not really good at anything except for finicky jump chaining, and it doesn't work 100% of the time.

Also, you mostly want to have a team that focuses either on magic or physical most of the time. Dark Fina and Zyrus are really good units, but as of right now they're not a high priority. In the future we will be getting difficult trials (endgame content) that need good magic damage, but for now you should stick with physical.

• Options
    Thanks @Cruor. I'll stay away from finicky.

So it's WoL vs Wilhelm, and Beachtime Fina vs Luka. I suppose I'll give Wilhelm a try and then make the call. No strong feelings on the healers so I'll just go with the watery tart since you would.

• Options
    Don't worry about potting Reberta, she's still an excellent unit. She can break Ice, Thunder, and Fire to all. Her Thrust is a 7 hit 4x attack. The biggest issue you'll have with her is finding a friend unit to chain that with. Mages are a bit under whelming in this game but we've heard the company is working on trying to fix it. Once you've been playing for a while, you'll have had enough cactuar dunes, King Mog reward cactuars, and raid cactuars to get all your good units up to level 100.

The story can be done with a bunch of different types of characters. You could use Reberta to break Thunder and dual cast Thundaga with Dark Fina and Exdeath and get through most of the story outside of some later boss battles. Hell I think I used my TMR farm team for half the story as most of my characters were too powerful to get some of the mission rewards (like use 3 limit breaks).

Aileen is awesome as well and I've seen some in my friends list, so I'd work on her next so you can chain with them to start working on some of the trials for gear.

• Options
    Wilhelm is a good call, he'll be amazing through most content. And his sprite is amazing. There will be some instances were WoL will perform better, but so far as story content and early trials are concerned you'll do fine with Wilhelm. Speaking of, with your current team you may be able to do the first few trials in the Farplane for some decent equipment ( http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Farplane )

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Luq wrote: »
    Thanks @Cruor. I'll stay away from finicky.

So it's WoL vs Wilhelm, and Beachtime Fina vs Luka. I suppose I'll give Wilhelm a try and then make the call. No strong feelings on the healers so I'll just go with the watery tart since you would.

I'd go with Luka over BT Fina. If you end up drawing Ludmille (dual cast TMR) then maybe I'd switch but Luka's heal also cures status ailments. Looking at your core team, you don't really have a way to clear those (Rikku can heal 3 types).

The only downside to going Wilhelm over WoL is that you'd lose a breaker in your group. While the story doesn't need breaking, some trials and event stages may require you to break Attack/Mag just to survive.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    Ah, I didn't consider the status clearing power of Luka over Beachtime Fina. That's a very good point. She's also helpful for clearing special missions where "No white magic" is a requirement but you still want to heal.

• Options
    Found Golem! I have none of the magicite he asks for, sadly. He's still a stat buff, though, I think, so hey.

Also, looked at the requirement materials to awaken Rikku, since I think I do have enough cactuars to forceboost her to 60 if necessary. Yeah, that is going to be a problem. Fifteen Sacred Crystals and I have zero now. 10 Holy ones. And then a pile of materials I haven't even seen yet (Lucky Seedling and Fury Seed). Hrrrm.