Options

[FFBE] See new thread under new management

• Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    lodger wrote: »
    Just pulled an Ignus off the Anniversary Summon. Everyone seems to love Letters & Arms, but if I'm understanding correctly, it only really affects characters inflicting hybrid damage. Should I make it a TMR priority if my usual team is made of some combo of WoL, CoD, Rikku, Chizuru, Lighning, Seven, Refia, and Tidus?

No. It's for mages and, as you said, hybrid damage dealers. You don't have any magic-users on your team, I don't think.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    tsmvengy wrote: »
    Depending on how far you've made it in the story, you can buy the Buster Sword in Grandport for 1,500 gil.

EDIT: The recipe is also in Grandport and uses Silver Ore instead of Iron Ore.

I'm currently out of energy in the Lanzelt desert areas. So maybe I'll just push through and hope the next town is soon.
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    Find a good friend unit to carry you through those early stages of Aquapolis. A lot of us here in the thread have units that would one-shot the ADV boss.

I have a 703 Mag Fryevia if you need her.

ID: 060,298,120 under the name TeaSpoon

[edit] Please put PA or Penny-Arcade somewhere in your ID message. Every once in a while, I go through my list and trim the dead wood.

[edit] This offer is open to everyone in this thread, by the way. I just bought 5 slots and removed a few random friends. Lasswell as your friend unit at rank 73? Gone! Level 63 Sakura? Why?

Sure, why not. Request sent, and thanks!

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Here's a tip if you don't know how to use Fryevia. Use Frost Flower Blitz on the boss. Use Ice Age if the boss is a physical attacker and is hitting you harder than you can heal. Frost Flash will clear entire groups, but it's costly to use against random encounters. Since my Fryevia is equipped with Ramuh, she also has Thundara as an AoE attack. It should suffice against weaker enemy groups and is cheap enough that Fryevia's MP refresh will cover the cost.

[edit] And if Thundara isn't doing it for you and you have to upgrade to Frost Flash, use Osmose on random encounters every once in a while to refill you MP.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Griswold wrote: »
    Run Chamber of Awakening in the Vortex of Desires if you need awakening materials.

Specifically, Chamber of Awakening - INT for Sacred Crystals, and Chamber of Awakening - ADV for Holy Crystals.

Nevermind I was thinking of the wrong one I've gotten more sacred crystals from ADV than I ever have from INT, drop rate seems better.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    I've had the opposite experience lol. INT always seems to be the most consistent drops.

• Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    I run PRO simply because it also drops other 5 star awakening mats, but both sacred and holy drop. I think the best I've seen was 3 of each, or something.

I've also gotten in the habit of running Electric Tower - Pursuit for the daily exploration, since it's 7 NRG and the boss can drop holy and sacred crystals.

|| Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    EggyToast wrote: »
    I run PRO simply because it also drops other 5 star awakening mats, but both sacred and holy drop. I think the best I've seen was 3 of each, or something.

I've also gotten in the habit of running Electric Tower - Pursuit for the daily exploration, since it's 7 NRG and the boss can drop holy and sacred crystals.

Okay yeah logging in and looking it up, PRO is what I meant to say. I'm still tired from waking up.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Run Chamber of Awakening in the Vortex of Desires if you need awakening materials.

Specifically, Chamber of Awakening - INT for Sacred Crystals, and Chamber of Awakening - ADV for Holy Crystals.

I've gotten more sacred crystals from ADV than I ever have from INT, drop rate seems better.

Also, sacred crystals should be less of a problem now thanks to expeditions.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Budget Orlandeau has arrived. And I have a row of him for the next Mog King.

Maybe I should take the time to level a few of them. Chaining a whole bunch of Divine Ruinations should allow me to take down the boss without having to take a non-bonus unit with me.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    Dang. Was hoping for Nier, then I could blow all my resources trying to get 2B then build back up in time to hope for a Meliadoul. I didn't want to do it in reverse!

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    FINALLY! the 4 Agris's I'm sitting on will have a use! And the 2 Gafgarions!

Those are new Delitia and Ramza units right?

• Options
    Oh come on! The FFT event starts right as I leave for London and won't have time to play?! Foul play, Square!

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Unenhanced 6* Agrias is still a little lacking, she can't chain with Orlandeau yet and she only does 5 hits.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Don't take this away from me Rius!

• Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    She still does holy chains with a dupe of herself. Her ATK doesn't get as high, and she's got a bit of the flavor bug (covering female allies, yeah, OK, we get it), but still.

Also, this is extremely satisfying:
    dka8bzbttmw2.png

|| Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    I'm just glad I can start building up tickets again as I have enough Agrias to handle the event. I dropped 20 on FFXII without much luck after the first draw of Ashe and 10 on this current banner as I was reading that Bran sync's with TGCid's DV attack, but all trash units like Sabin and Galuf.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    It feels good to be building up tickets again. I have 22 currently and the FFT grind event is gonna be great for stocking up on more. I don't see myself throwing any tickets at the FFT banner since I'm full up on bonus units and the new units don't interest me greatly.

• Options
    BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    Not having a genji is such a bummer with Fryevia, I pulled a ton for Gilg too. Also need to wait for Sylvia to replace the enhancer since I didn't get 2 Fry. Not that she doesn't still murder everything, but still.

ffbe ign: Kas
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Luneths enhancements are pretty damn strong. I do wish they would put more 100+ atk regular sword TM's in the game....hes still stuck with an enhancer at the moment and I've never gotten a Delita/DKC/Randi/Tidus to drop for me. Closest i got was Freyviax2 and aqua sword, and I need the needles for Frey..the aqua isnt enough of an upgrade to bother TM farming atm.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Oh man... Oh man... I know I shouldn't pull on this FFT very hard, but I'm weak. I have like 5 Agrias' and 2 Gaffgarions.

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    No pulling for me on any banner until Nier, unless for some reason they decide to push it way out on the schedule but I doubt it. Currently sitting at ~19k lapis and 60 tix, 3 of which are 4+.

• Options
    Halfmex wrote: »
    No pulling for me on any banner until Nier, unless for some reason they decide to push it way out on the schedule but I doubt it. Currently sitting at ~19k lapis and 60 tix, 3 of which are 4+.

Wasn't Nier a grind banner? That means it'll be at least 2 weeks.

• Options
    BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Nier was a raid.

Could be next raid, or could be the shadowlord (prishe/werei) raid I guess if they were just hyping nier it but it's not really 'soon'.

Veritas is probably the next story event. EV is good to get one of for Moon. Both 5*'s are good.

FF3 (OK) probably the mog king after this FFT one.

BlehBlehAmiga on
    ffbe ign: Kas
  • Options
    I on the other hand have something like 8 tickets and I expect they're all going to vanish in the event. I wonder how to get more of them.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Drascin wrote: »
    I on the other hand have something like 8 tickets and I expect they're all going to vanish in the event. I wonder how to get more of them.

Mog King doles some out in exchange for [current macguffin], lvl3 expeditions prize, sometimes on the daily gift

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    I'm just glad I can start building up tickets again as I have enough Agrias to handle the event. I dropped 20 on FFXII without much luck after the first draw of Ashe and 10 on this current banner as I was reading that Bran sync's with TGCid's DV attack, but all trash units like Sabin and Galuf.

After seeing this, I looked it up, and supposedly Bran's Thunder Clap skill chains with Divine Ruination. I'm currently leveling a Bran because I might try using him for Aigaion trial as an MP battery, as he has an HP / MP recovery song (not as good as Lunera, obviously, but I'm limited by what I have). That's gonna be a while off, though, as I need to farm some stuff for Fryevia and get a couple of Jack's TM for Rikku.

However, since I'm leveling him anyway, I'll test out using Bran with Orlandeau and see hownit works out. Thunder Clap is Light and Lightning damage, so he doesn't need an elemental weapon, and it comes with a 50% Light and Lightning Imperil, so that's pretty cool. What surprised me, though, is that Bran can use Fist Weapons, which means he can make use of Yun's Crimson Slayer, Champion's Belts and the Martial Arts Mastery from Aigaion, which is pretty cool.

I'll try it out and see how it goes.

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    Looks like Japan is getting young Kain and Rydia, 6* Rosa, Phoenix Esper (with an AoE Raise)

Also they want to fix jump so it can be timed and do additional attacks so it can chain.

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    Oh my daughter pulled a Bran for me yesterday too. It looks like he'll be good for any event that has a lot of lightning attacks.

• Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    POORLANDUUUUUUUU incoming

I guess I should prioritize a Bowie Knife + Excalibur in my TM farming? Agrias being able to Holy-chain with Friendlandus seems like just what the doctor ordered for me.

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options

I guess I should prioritize a Bowie Knife + Excalibur in my TM farming? Agrias being able to Holy-chain with Friendlandus seems like just what the doctor ordered for me.

She can't chain with Orlandu until she gets her enhancements from what I am reading.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    urahonky wrote: »

She can't chain with Orlandu until she gets her enhancements from what I am reading.

It looks like with her 6-star upgrade this Friday, she gets Divine Ruination at 6*/100? Maybe the Exvius wiki is making an incorrect assumption.

Griswold on
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    She gets Divine Ruination, but it's a paltry 5 hit version with different frames from Orlandeau's. Once it's enhanced, it goes to 7 hits with the same frames as him.

• Options

Mog King doles some out in exchange for [current macguffin], lvl3 expeditions prize, sometimes on the daily gift

So probably ain't going to see a lot. Okay then.

Also, damn, the event made me run up against the material limit already. I have like 23 slots occupied with ability awakening materials and not one of my dudes (cept lasswell) even has an awakenable ability. Going to have to spend hard-earned Lapis on inventory space, really. Grumble.

• Options
    Rius wrote: »
    She gets Divine Ruination, but it's a paltry 5 hit version with different frames from Orlandeau's. Once it's enhanced, it goes to 7 hits with the same frames as him.

That's miserable. Why even name these abilities the same?

• Options

Also, damn, the event made me run up against the material limit already. I have like 23 slots occupied with ability awakening materials and not one of my dudes (cept lasswell) even has an awakenable ability. Going to have to spend hard-earned Lapis on inventory space, really. Grumble.

Hopefully you're doing the 5 daily quests a day too. It gives you 100 lapis. Also run the Arena, win or lose you get 40 lapis.

• Options

Inventory is a good investment. That lapis you're spending? You didn't lose it. Those inventory slots will be with you as long as you play the game.

Compare that to the daily pull. It's free now because of the anniversary, but it's 250 lapis per day after the 28th. I've been doing the daily pull since I've started playing - that's a lot of lapis, like 35k+ lapis - and I usually get trash. I know that's the game, but it feels like I've been throwing away lapis when I could have used that to expand all my various inventories. I threw 15k on the Reberta banner and didn't get her. I threw 5k on the Tilith banner and got fuck all.

Inventory slots are safe, worthwhile purchases. Don't hesitate to buy as many of them as you need.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular

Three weeks. King Mog events go for two weeks, and then the store is open after the event for another week.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ArcTangent wrote: »

Three weeks. King Mog events go for two weeks, and then the store is open after the event for another week.

Speaking of which: Make sure you use your motes folks!

• Options
    edited July 2017
    I really hope 1 Agrias is enough to solo ELT. I don't want to level up a second one.

[edit] Maybe I can add a whole bunch of Mercenary Ramza or Knight Delita to my friend list and not level any Agrias at all. That would be ideal.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I definitely want to awaken and level my one Agrias to max. She was my full breaker for a good long time and I want to show her some love. The other three Agrias can just be dragged through the event with Gaffgarion.