As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo] let Luigi dab

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    I sold my wiiU copy while it still has value in prep to get the switch version

i'm still kinda mad that they never bothered to update the console version with the arcade updates

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Oh yeah, Pokken is late September, but that's not a new game like the rest.

I mean, neither are Mario Kart, Minecraft, or Stardew Valley

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    I will be around most of the day if anyone wants to ARMS it up later

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Just announce Smash Bros for Switch already, you crazy Nintendo people

• Options
    Nintendo would like to stress that please, PLEASE

Mario does not "POSSESS" things with Cappy

He "CAPTURES" them

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Nintendo would like to stress that please, PLEASE

Mario does not "POSSESS" things with Cappy

He "CAPTURES" them

Mario is a skinchanger either way, Nintendo.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Ohh, CAPtures

• Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    honestly, let sakurai rest

or just make relaxing kirby games for a bit

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    Ohh, CAPtures

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JS6CXgloFUg
    I didn't catch "down" til this.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Man, Disgaea 5 is real cool, but there's so much fucking shit in it, it's kinda overwhelming at times!

I felt that way about disgaea 1 and I think they've bolted new systems on to those games with every iteration so I can't even comprehend how much system cruft there is in there now

Yeah, I haven't even gotten to item world stuff, but I've gotten quests, squads, interrogations... And I think there's some kind of mechanic to visit/invade other netherworlds?

They do a pretty decent job of explaining things, but holy shit there's just so much.

I've spent pretty much any free time in the past couple weeks playing it and 90% of that is Item World. Been at least one week since I looked at y touched the story

Yeah, once I get the Item World I'm probably gonna spend a lot of time there.

Do you know when you unlocked it? I'm in chapter 3 right now, just unlocked interrogations and stuff.

Yeah it's very clear when it happens. Pretty sure it's at the end of Ch. 3.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

Man, Disgaea 5 is real cool, but there's so much fucking shit in it, it's kinda overwhelming at times!

I felt that way about disgaea 1 and I think they've bolted new systems on to those games with every iteration so I can't even comprehend how much system cruft there is in there now

Yeah, I haven't even gotten to item world stuff, but I've gotten quests, squads, interrogations... And I think there's some kind of mechanic to visit/invade other netherworlds?

They do a pretty decent job of explaining things, but holy shit there's just so much.

I've spent pretty much any free time in the past couple weeks playing it and 90% of that is Item World. Been at least one week since I looked at y touched the story

Yeah, once I get the Item World I'm probably gonna spend a lot of time there.

Do you know when you unlocked it? I'm in chapter 3 right now, just unlocked interrogations and stuff.

Yeah it's very clear when it happens. Pretty sure it's at the end of Ch. 3.

I just got to it, yeah!

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    ARMS update is out

Adds an Arena mode and an option for LAN.

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXrNRlOzMpE
    This is out on Switch now

It seems like it could be alright!

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    BronzeKoopa on
  • Options
    This is my shocked face.

• Options
    Oh wow, Star Fox 2 being on it is really cool

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Not surprising, but FUCK that's cool.

I'd get one if I thought I had anywhere near a fucking chance of getting one for not-insane prices.

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    99.99% of the population will continue to not play Star Fox 2

• Options
    List of games:
    Contra III: The Alien Wars™
    Donkey Kong Country™
    EarthBound™
    Final Fantasy III
    F-ZERO™
    Kirby™ Super Star
    Kirby’s Dream Course™
    The Legend of Zelda™: A Link to the Past™
    Mega Man® X
    Secret of Mana
    Star Fox™
    Star Fox™ 2
    Street Fighter® II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
    Super Castlevania IV™
    Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts®
    Super Mario Kart™
    Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars™
    Super Mario World™
    Super Metroid™
    Super Punch-Out!! ™
    Yoshi’s Island™

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    99.99% of the population will continue to not play Star Fox 2

You couldnt before it was never released

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I'ma get it, and I'ma stack it and the NES Classic on top of each other

That list of games is way better than the NES Classic's, too, and I actually liked that one a lot

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    I'm not bothering to fret about the SNES Classic.

Because I'm never gonna fucking see one.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    NES Classic never seemed appealing to me. The Super NES had a great look to it though (enough to maybe buy it as a figure to put on display) and an exclusive game (which better make it to VC eventually) and SMW (my favorite game of all time) might make it worth asking for for Christmas

At the same time I have no intention of ever going back to corded controllers so if that's a thing, who cares

• Options
    What if instead they put all those games on the Switch

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Jimothy wrote: »
    NES Classic never seemed appealing to me. The Super NES had a great look to it though (enough to maybe buy it as a figure to put on display) and an exclusive game (which better make it to VC eventually) and SMW (my favorite game of all time) might make it worth asking for for Christmas

At the same time I have no intention of ever going back to corded controllers so if that's a thing, who cares

Assuming it's the same as the NES Classic there's a dongle and replica wireless SNES controller from 8bitdo that will work with it.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    so like...they finished star fox 2? that's kinda interesting as a hook

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    List of games:
    Donkey Kong Country™
    EarthBound™
    Final Fantasy III
    F-ZERO™
    Kirby™ Super Star
    Kirby’s Dream Course™
    Mega Man® X
    Secret of Mana
    Star Fox™
    Star Fox™ 2
    Super Castlevania IV™
    Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts®
    Super Mario Kart™
    Super Mario World™
    Super Metroid™
    Super Punch-Out!! ™
    Yoshi’s Island™

Holy shit this list of games

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Mostly a pretty good list but honestly I don't even use my NES Classic

It's a cool little novelty but I'll just wait for these to come to the Switch

Hopefully the cord on the controller will be longer than three feet this time

• Options
    List of games:
    Donkey Kong Country™
    EarthBound™
    Final Fantasy III
    F-ZERO™
    Kirby™ Super Star
    Kirby’s Dream Course™
    Mega Man® X
    Secret of Mana
    Star Fox™
    Star Fox™ 2
    Super Castlevania IV™
    Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts®
    Super Mario Kart™
    Super Mario World™
    Super Metroid™
    Super Punch-Out!! ™
    Yoshi’s Island™

The mix of "registered" and "trademarked" symbols on this list is confounding the heck out of me, but I'm willing to believe they're all being accurately used.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    Wait Star Fox and Yoshi's Island is a pretty big deal, those games haven't ever been on the VC before

I wonder if their deal around the Super FX chip will extend to the Switch VC

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    What if instead they put all those games on the Switch

That's ridiculous

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Hopefully Amazon will limit orders to Prime only, 1 per customer, so people can have a chance in hell to see one

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Wait Star Fox and Yoshi's Island is a pretty big deal, those games haven't ever been on the VC before

The GBA version of Yoshi's Island was on Wii U VC

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    The problem a SNES classic has for me is that I still have my SNES, 6 of those games and a retron to play them on(7 if you count the GBA port of LTTP), and another third of the games just doesn't interest me.

I never got one but the NES classic was much more interesting to me since I never had one as a kid and just by virtue of the shotgun approach of 60 games there is more on there I would like to play.

• Options
    edited June 2017

Well yeah being on different hardware, that version doesn't use the SuperFX chip, so there's no licensing issue there.

The SNES version of the game is, imo, the better one so I feel like this is notable regardless.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    the only one of those games I would play and don't already own a cart for is Yoshi's Island (though my cart of Link to the Past got stolen awhile back and I've only got in on Wii right now), but it might be nice to have them all together

I do think it's kinda crappy that they have MMX but not MMX 2 and 3

Shorty on
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular

The gba version sucks

• Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular

Yeah, but not the Super Nintendo version which uses the Super FX chip

also the GBA version's camera is more zoomed in

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
This discussion has been closed.