As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fallout] Your Cube Was Nuked By xXx420yolo_69

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Does the original Mod Organizer not work with FO4? I was under the impression that it did, but it's been... probably like a year since I looked into it, so I might be making things up.

• Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    My understanding is that Mod Organizer is 32-bit or something. I could probably go look it up, but I'm fairly sure that's the reason.

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Derrick wrote: »
    Glazius wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Have there been any major mod developments over the last couple months for Fallout 4?

Sim Settlements got most of the bugs worked out so you can start using it from the word go and not worry about provisioners or anything needing to be reassigned, and managing and picking out plots got a lot more streamlined. The author's working on a second expansion pack after Industrial Revolution. No word on what that is yet though.

Not new developments, but the Power Armor Storage System and Power Armor Airdrop combo is working together really great for me. Airdrop lets you tag a suit of power armor to be delivered to you in one of three methods: Minuteman (cannon), Brotherhood/Railroad (vertibird), or Institute (teleport). The storage system is a virtual holotape accessible from inside the armor that automatically leaves things in it when you get out, to be transferred out normally. Things like the big heavy guns.

So when I come up on a huge overworld target I shoot a flare into the air, there's a distant cannon sound, and then my power armor drops out of the sky, with a missile launcher and a minigun ready to go.

Oh hey, I just started a new Survival run and that might be a good mod for it. Generally I don't trek all over the map for the armor, which means I rarely if ever use it.

I have two mods- conquest allows building settlements wherever and then a mod to caravan as fast travel between settlements tgar
    Syngyne wrote: »
    In case today's update killed your script extender (forgot if someone posted this or not already):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLQI_DVZfaQ

Gah they are still doing these? I wish Steam still had the "no don't update" option

• Options
    CrazodCrazod Registered User regular
    I know you can get around it auto updating by always using F4SE to launch it. Which is what I'm doing until I know they are all compatible again.

• Options
    Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    So, couple of things. Among my mods are one that makes power armor calculate damage taken like New Vegas, that is, damage threshold before damage reduction. Basically small arms fire won't put a dent in it, but explosions and armor piercing ammo will. And it works both ways, I had a hell of a time with the raider that sits on high in Lexington wearing power armor and toting a Fat Man. Ended up having Dogmeat distract her while I shot out her fusion core.
    Anyway, Fallout 4's AI is hilarious in that when it detects it can't do shit to you, it runs in fear/cowers, soooo I ended up melee fisting my way through the Corvega plant like something out of those raiders' nightmares. And then I discovered one of the weapon mod packs I installed adds a legendary 50 caliber turret to leveled lists to troll the player, so stumbling upon one in the plant that two-tapped me was also hilarious. Think I'm going to have some fun on this run.

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    GlaziusGlazius Registered User regular
    Yeah, that damage threshhold mod exposes some weird things. I think they even say "oh shit Power Armor" while they run, meaning it was originally supposed to have some? But as any Terror From The Deep veteran will tell you, people don't like it when the AIs that are supposed to get shot run and hide instead.

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    I don't know why they would have abandoned such a thing in development when a) it's cool and b) what they ended up with was military aircraft getting shot down left and right by home-made rifles firing .38 special because they have no damage threshold.

• Options
    Strikor wrote: »
    I don't know why they would have abandoned such a thing in development when a) it's cool and b) what they ended up with was military aircraft getting shot down left and right by home-made rifles firing .38 special because they have no damage threshold.

Oh yeah, there's a mod for that too...thinking about adding it.
    And now you wonder why I end up with a capped load order.
    Related: If I want DT/DR on modded power armors I have to download patches, which are individual ESPs, for them.
    Seriously debating if I want to try and make a merged mod for these.

• Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    I use a mod that makes PA effectively stop all damage until the piece is destroyed.

However, if the player gets the Penetrator perk you can snipe fusion cores through the armor.

It is hilariously broken, I love it.

• Options
    I have an important question for everyone.

What if Sim Settlements, but an entire apartment building?

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    I'm not going to reinstall...

I'm not going to reinstall....

• Options
    I have an important question for everyone.

What if Sim Settlements, but an entire apartment building?

Oh my god that's amazing. I won't fill up my load order..
    Won't fill up my load order...
    fuck it's nearly full.

• Options
    I mean, I really enjoy building my own stuff but this minuteman run is really time consuming to build all the stuff I want and you betcha there's a bunch of settlements I'm just going to let Sim Settlements run buck wild. Between the Sim Settlements expansion and Architect it'll take a lot of the minutia out of settlement building.

• Options
    I enjoy building stuff in settlements, but I hate having to build every individual home like I'm some sort of hired hand. It's much more interesting to me to be able to zone the land and let settlers do the work to build their own houses and businesses. I will set up the defenses and maybe build a factory to break down components and dice up the corpses of those who thought it would be a good idea to raid my territory, but other than that I'm mainly just the town mayor.

• Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    I enjoy building stuff in settlements, but I hate having to build every individual home like I'm some sort of hired hand. It's much more interesting to me to be able to zone the land and let settlers do the work to build their own houses and businesses. I will set up the defenses and maybe build a factory to break down components and dice up the corpses of those who thought it would be a good idea to raid my territory, but other than that I'm mainly just the town mayor.

Sometimes I'll be in the mood to build a particular thing, but yeah, most of the time I just want them to have houses done.

• Options
    Well, Rise of the Commonwealth has officially launched and it's actually pretty strong. You may need to bootstrap something with water and turrets now and again but aside from that it's super solid. Just don't start up the Castle until you get Old Guns squared away. Some unfortunate things will get scrapped.

For now, though, you need a companion to run each of your settlements. So it's time to go raid Trinity Tower and tell Strong that the milk of human kindness is right there at Oberland Station. You can find it, buddy! I believe in you!

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Well, Rise of the Commonwealth has officially launched and it's actually pretty strong. You may need to bootstrap something with water and turrets now and again but aside from that it's super solid. Just don't start up the Castle until you get Old Guns squared away. Some unfortunate things will get scrapped.

For now, though, you need a companion to run each of your settlements. So it's time to go raid Trinity Tower and tell Strong that the milk of human kindness is right there at Oberland Station. You can find it, buddy! I believe in you!
    Thats disappointing.

Should be able to just choose a settler.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

Thats disappointing.

Should be able to just choose a settler.

Eh, I don't mind. I think it's only if you want them to run the settlement, and it kind of makes sense in my mind for it to be a companion. Plus, it gives you something to do with all of them.

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Lord-Mayor Dogmeat, ruler of all Red Rocket, long may he reign.

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Strikor wrote: »
    Lord-Mayor Dogmeat, ruler of all Red Rocket, long may he reign.

I see what you did there.

• Options
    CuddlyCuteKittenCuddlyCuteKitten Registered User regular
    Can you actually make dogmeat a leader?

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaow - Felicia, SPFT2:T
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular

Leaders aren't made, they're born

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options

Sadly, Dogmeat is too busy in his second career as a crime-solving adventure dog to take up the responsibility of leading a settlement. They won't get 100% Dogmeat. They won't even get 50% Dogmeat. They'll get like, 8% Dogmeat and Dogmeat respects himself too much to let people down like that.

• Options

Sadly, Dogmeat is too busy in his second career as a crime-solving adventure dog to take up the responsibility of leading a settlement. They won't get 100% Dogmeat. They won't even get 50% Dogmeat. They'll get like, 8% Dogmeat and Dogmeat respects himself too much to let people down like that.

By crime solving adventure dog, You mean "Running into landmines, revealing our location to enemies while we're trying to sneak, and generally being a burdensome pain in the ass", right?

• Options
    Buttcleft wrote: »

By crime solving adventure dog, You mean "Running into landmines, revealing our location to enemies while we're trying to sneak, and generally being a burdensome pain in the ass", right?

If you don't just derp on down the straight line to Concord and greet the dog when it tells you to, there's a certain plot point where you do end up needing Dogmeat. But what if you've never met him?

Crime-solving adventure dog.

(also I roll with Better Companions so he gets the sneak perks to not trip mines or lasers)

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    How is a man supposed to go full weeb in the wasteland if he can't find any good animation replacers for swords?

Atleast theres Golden Ninjato Katana, animations are perfect even if only unique to that weapon.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Rise of the Commonwealth just patched a bug in Sim Settlements that was undercounting city upgrade requirements, so I got to see cities go from level 0 to level 1 for the first time.

And, uh, wow. Sanctuary went from some acceptable plot scaffolding to city walls and agriculture gribblies around the farm plots and an elaborate police lockup with I think raider-style loot chests? My other cities have undegone similar dramatic changes.

• Options
    Dammit, I'm going to reinstall this, aren't I?

Did they ever fix the CC crap where it was downloading everything?

• Options

Yes. Now things only download when you buy them.

They haven't fixed the problem where new content in the Creation Club updates the exe and breaks f4se, though I don't think that should be their responsibility.

• Options
    edited January 2018

They haven't fixed the problem where new content in the Creation Club updates the exe and breaks f4se, though I don't think that should be their responsibility.

While I would say Bethesda is within their rights to update their game as they please (so long as they're not filling my hard drive with microtransaction crap that I didn't buy), it's still a pretty piss-poor system where not only are they selling garbage TOTALLY NOT MODS, but updating the game's .EXE every time they have more garbage to shovel is pretty irritating and some shoddy-ass coding.

At the very least, running the game through F4SE means I don't have to update the game until I'm ready.

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    Oh yeah, I forgot about the F4SE thing. Hrm.

• Options
    CrazodCrazod Registered User regular
    Well currently F4SE is working just fine, and the latest Sim Settlements expansion is loads of fun, so good a time as any to play. :D

• Options

While I would say Bethesda is within their rights to update their game as they please (so long as they're not filling my hard drive with microtransaction crap that I didn't buy), it's still a pretty piss-poor system where not only are they selling garbage TOTALLY NOT MODS, but updating the game's .EXE every time they have more garbage to shovel is pretty irritating and some shoddy-ass coding.

At the very least, running the game through F4SE means I don't have to update the game until I'm ready.

I understand that you're frustrated that you can't play the game you like the way you like.

I understand that if SimCity accesses deallocated memory in Windows 95 for performance reasons, and Windows XP doesn't let it do that, everybody is going to blame Windows XP because SimCity was working before.

I also understand that they recorded the deathclaw audio by hauling some random people from Security and Legal in front of a hot mike and telling them they planned to officially accommodate a third-party program whose sole purpose is to allow the application to run arbitrary external code, so I'm not gonna go die on that hill.

• Options
    edited January 2018

I understand that you're frustrated that you can't play the game you like the way you like.

I understand that if SimCity accesses deallocated memory in Windows 95 for performance reasons, and Windows XP doesn't let it do that, everybody is going to blame Windows XP because SimCity was working before.

I also understand that they recorded the deathclaw audio by hauling some random people from Security and Legal in front of a hot mike and telling them they planned to officially accommodate a third-party program whose sole purpose is to allow the application to run arbitrary external code, so I'm not gonna go die on that hill.

I don't think you understand much of anything.

I can play the game just fine, because I don't let it update unless I want it to, which admittedly was a lesson I had to learn the hard way but that was before the whole Creation Club mess.

What frustrates me is that Bethesda still feels like they need to cash in on mods, and that they also need to get in on the microtransaction craze that is ruining the gaming industry. They then go about doing this in the most half-assed, lazy low effort way possible that screws up a game I enjoy playing and, potentially, will screw up future games before mods are around to save them.

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Have they even been able to provide a consistent stream of releases to creation club? I can't find a good list anywhere online. It feels like they did an initial dump and maybe 2 or 3 updates, but they're never going to match the level of quality stuff coming out as free mods. Feels like a situation where they will lose interest and say "ah the hell with it."

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    They are still releasing content, it’s just a trickle (last release was early December, mostly just a bunch of weapon skins for factions) and nothing save for MAYBE the backpack mod is worth the prices they’re charging by a country mile. Not to mention you have to fix the damn things with mods found on the Nexus.
    That’s not even getting into the laughably bad offerings in skyrim, at least Fallout 4’s look like they tried.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    They are still releasing content, it’s just a trickle (last release was early December, mostly just a bunch of weapon skins for factions) and nothing save for MAYBE the backpack mod is worth the prices they’re charging by a country mile. Not to mention you have to fix the damn things with mods found on the Nexus.
    That’s not even getting into the laughably bad offerings in skyrim, at least Fallout 4’s look like they tried.

theres like 5 backpack mods, for free, on nexus. so why buy a mod, and go to nexus to fix it... when you can just go to nexus and get a superior product.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    Buttcleft wrote: »

theres like 5 backpack mods, for free, on nexus. so why buy a mod, and go to nexus to fix it... when you can just go to nexus and get a superior product.

I’m just saying, that seems to be the one people are saying is actually good work by a good modder. I’m certainly not buying it. I have grabbed a few things when they were free but that’s about it.

This discussion has been closed.