Options

[FFXIV:Stormblood] Rise of a New Sun (Patch 4.2) rises Jan 30th [Prelim Patch Notes]

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    9VmI2JE.jpg

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Where's the weeping Statue of Liberty?

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »
    (it also blacklists at the same time iirc)

I don't think it does, or at least the last time I noticed I had to also blacklist to stop hearing them spamming their website. Maybe it changed in the meantime.

It doesn't, as I've had to manually blacklist someone I just reported. Think the most recent one was two weeks ago.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I've seen some materia 6 from dungeons, they sell for about 150k. probably won't be selling for 150k after this

• Options
    dalith14dalith14 Registered User regular
    ■The following adjustment has been made:
    ・To alleviate Duty Finder congestion, the Adventurer in Need bonus for Duty Roulette: Leveling will now grant additional rewards.
    ・Additional Reward:
    Cracked Cluster

*Participation as Disciple of War or Magic of level 60 or higher is required.
    *"Cracked Cluster" is scheduled to be displayed in the Adventurer in Need reward section in Patch 4.05.

So what's this cluster thing do?

It's a currency item that can be traded for rank 6 materia.

Which means it'll soon be a good time to get my tanks up to 70.

Noob question here but how does Tank play into this, is their a way for tanks to get the clusters independent from other classes?

• Options
    What's the ilvl requirement for the Omega raids?

Better yet, what's the roadmap for gear progression at 70? I know I have to earn verity for weapon/left-side gear (are there right-side gear for verity?), but not sure beyond that.

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    dalith14 wrote: »
    ■The following adjustment has been made:
    ・To alleviate Duty Finder congestion, the Adventurer in Need bonus for Duty Roulette: Leveling will now grant additional rewards.
    ・Additional Reward:
    Cracked Cluster

*Participation as Disciple of War or Magic of level 60 or higher is required.
    *"Cracked Cluster" is scheduled to be displayed in the Adventurer in Need reward section in Patch 4.05.

So what's this cluster thing do?

It's a currency item that can be traded for rank 6 materia.

Which means it'll soon be a good time to get my tanks up to 70.

Noob question here but how does Tank play into this, is their a way for tanks to get the clusters independent from other classes?

they added a bonus to levelling roulette where if you are a "adventurer in need" role (aka tank) you get a cracked cluster

• Options
    XenoZergieXenoZergie Registered User regular
    Oh man that has me worried. That's been exactly my problem. Up til the fast mount speed unlocks it really has felt like a slog just running back and forth from quest marker to quest marker.
    I actually thought the Azim Steppe was one of the best new areas, mostly because of all of the story fluff involving the various "totally not Mongolian" tribes of Au Ra that live there.

If travel time is really that much of a slog for you though, take comfort in the fact that Azim Steppe is very flat, with the result that it's fairly easy to unlock aether currents there.
    DrDinosaur wrote: »
    So I got to the first major story beat in Stormblood (at 61, where they warn you to carve out time for a few cutscenes). Question:
    Do they explain why Zenos is such a beast that he just slaps down the Warrior of Light? It just seems weird that I'd struggle so much with a Garlean after fighting and defeating so many eikons, let alone Nidhogg, but can't even dent this guy. I imagine that must have been super demoralizing for all of my allies.
    And he's also probably just really damn strong, and not touched by our various anti-primal stuff. We have fought gods and dragons and all that stuff, but always with allies and/or supernatural aid. Zenos may seem a step down after Nidhogg, but we never did fight Nidhogg without aid.
    Super sekrit spoiler regarding Zenos:
    Don't say I didn't warn you!
    If you watch all the way to the end of the current Stormblood story scenes, it is heavily implied that Zenos was probably one of the first test subjects for the Resonant experiments. In keeping with the whole FF6 theme that Garlemald has, it probably made him super-powerful and also crazy, like Kefka. Zenos's character design invokes Kefka a little too, with the way that he has all that colorful fabric around his waist.

But yes, like DrDinosaur says, every time you fight Zenos with the exception of when you finally face him in Ala Mhigo, you are doing it either solo or with only one or two of the Scions helping. At Ala Mhigo, not only have you gained a lot of levels (which he even lampshades, talking about how you've been fighting constantly), but you have a full party of other badass adventurers.

Anyway, I thought the overall plot was pretty great; I particularly appreciated the character development that Lyse gets.

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    they added a bonus to levelling roulette where if you are a "adventurer in need" role (aka tank) you get a cracked cluster

It's not always tank. I jumped in earlier this morning when it had switched over to healer. And if I was level 60+ instead of level 43, that would mean cluster.

• Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    I keep thinking people are talking about having big one on one fights with that big gnarly Geiger-esque last boss of FF4 with all the Zenos talk. But that's Zemus apparently.

Actually, are any of the last bosses from past games in this as raid content? One of my favorite memories from playing FF6 as a wee babby was doing the last boss with a friend on the second controller, and yelling at each other to heal and hit specific parts on Kefka's big gross tower of Amano art. I'd like to beat up some weird old angel and whale monster and evil tree sprites in 3D while other people yelled at me.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    There's i310 Ala Mhigan verity gear for all slots including weapons.
    It costs a total of 2,955 verity to assemble a complete set not including a second ring, which you'll need to source either as an i300 dungeon drop or go for the i320 Lakshimi EX drop, or i320 Omega raid token.

Gear progression at this point is:
    Hit level 70, do your job quests and collect a full LHS of i290 gear
    Run the level 70 dungeons for Verity plus i300 drops to replace accessories and your i290 gear
    Purchase Verity gear to fill the three biggest pieces (weapon, body, legs) before back filling your weakest slots

I believe the requirements for Omega is around i295?
    You may wish to at least fill in the LHS the best you can before going in. The content isn't particularly difficult especially when it comes to DPS checks (there are none) but there is somewhat spiky damage so having more HP is better to buffer against hits while healers are trying to figure out what they need to do.

Don't forget to meld your gear. Grade 5s are pretty cheap and common especially since you should have picked up a pile of relevant materia via the MSQ so they should be your default melds on gear. Until you start putting in Grade 6 materia, vitality 5s in the accessories as a non-tank is perfectly fine since you're not dropping that many secondary stats (60 secondary stats total) but you gain a few thousand more HP which can be the deciding factor if you get dropped to the floor during a boss fight with healers of an unknown quality.

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    I liked the Azim Steppe. Screw that sun-dude, though.

• Options
    Badablack wrote: »
    I keep thinking people are talking about having big one on one fights with that big gnarly Geiger-esque last boss of FF4 with all the Zenos talk. But that's Zemus apparently.

Actually, are any of the last bosses from past games in this as raid content? One of my favorite memories from playing FF6 as a wee babby was doing the last boss with a friend on the second controller, and yelling at each other to heal and hit specific parts on Kefka's big gross tower of Amano art. I'd like to beat up some weird old angel and whale monster and evil tree sprites in 3D while other people yelled at me.

BIG SPOILERS
    The first tier is all FF5 bosses. The last being Exdeath
    It's highly suspected that the savage-only bonus phase for Exdeath is *drumroll* Neo-Exdeath

Omega is structured in a way that SE could possibly toss out any boss they want against us. This may include Kefka in all his Dancing Mad glory. Or, we may even fight the One-Winged Angel Sephiroth

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    What's the ilvl requirement for the Omega raids?

Better yet, what's the roadmap for gear progression at 70? I know I have to earn verity for weapon/left-side gear (are there right-side gear for verity?), but not sure beyond that.

I believe minimum for Omega is 295.

Gear progression at 70 is like this:
    Starter 290 left side
    300 pieces available from level 70 dungeons
    310 left/right/weapon from Verity tomes (no weekly limits)
    320 left side/right side/weapon available from Omega (1 drop for right side/belt, 2 drops for helm/boots/gloves, 4 drops for chest/leg, 7 weeks for weapon)
    320 right side available from Lakshmi EX (no weekly limits)
    320 weapon available from Susano EX (no weekly limits)

Optimal gearing strategy right now is to get left side from Omega, right side from Lakshmi, and weapon from Susano. Choose to either get Omega chest or legs, and get the other one from weekly tomes when they're out.

In the future, I expect the weekly limited tomes will provide 320 and savage Omega will provide 330.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    I wanted to take him and the hot-headed thaumaturge leading one of the other tribes, disarm them, then shove them into a room with a bed and lock the door.

I figure they'd figure it out...one way or another.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Weekly tomes are likely to be i330 with Savage and augmented tomestone gear being i340 if we follow the ilvl progression of HW. There would be no incentive to get tomestone gear if it were to be the same ilvl as the Omega normal gear especially since most people will be one more week away from completing an entire set when it drops

Takel on
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    As someone still working my way through older content (I think I'm in 3.3), can someone give some advice regarding advanced melding and the likely materia I'll want as a Dragoon?

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    As someone still working my way through older content (I think I'm in 3.3), can someone give some advice regarding advanced melding and the likely materia I'll want as a Dragoon?

Dont bother until 70.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    The hard values for the secondary stats aren't fully locked down yet; not going into stat weights since those are really subject to creative fudging.

At the moment, Direct Hit looks to be the best stat from a pure numerical potency increase for offensive actions. Determination is not far behind at all and we're talking about maybe 14-15% difference which will probably come out in the wash due to RNG. Not to say Det = DH, but you may need to consider other factors dependant on your role, but in this case being DPS, it'll be Direct Hit all the way. Crit is missing in action (no solid numbers yet). If the job has a very strong mechanic relating to crit, that would naturally push crit ahead. Only Monks and Bards have strong crit mechanics for now.

Takel on
  • Options
    Takel wrote: »
    It costs a total of 2,955 verity to assemble a complete set not including a second ring, which you'll need to source either as an i300 dungeon drop or go for the i320 Lakshimi EX drop, or i320 Omega raid token.

Run the level 70 dungeons for Verity plus i300 drops to replace accessories and your i290 gear
    Purchase Verity gear to fill the three biggest pieces (weapon, body, legs) before back filling your weakest slots

You may wish to at least fill in the LHS the best you can before going in. The content isn't particularly difficult especially when it comes to DPS checks (there are none) but there is somewhat spiky damage so having more HP is better to buffer against hits while healers are trying to figure out what they need to do.

Don't forget to meld your gear. Grade 5s are pretty cheap and common especially since you should have picked up a pile of relevant materia via the MSQ so they should be your default melds on gear. Until you start putting in Grade 6 materia, vitality 5s in the accessories as a non-tank is perfectly fine since you're not dropping that many secondary stats (60 secondary stats total) but you gain a few thousand more HP which can be the deciding factor if you get dropped to the floor during a boss fight with healers of an unknown quality.

As a SAM, should I be using the STR materia on my LHS gear, then? Or the crit ones?

And thank you, this helps a lot!

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    XenoZergie wrote: »
    Oh man that has me worried. That's been exactly my problem. Up til the fast mount speed unlocks it really has felt like a slog just running back and forth from quest marker to quest marker.
    I actually thought the Azim Steppe was one of the best new areas, mostly because of all of the story fluff involving the various "totally not Mongolian" tribes of Au Ra that live there.

If travel time is really that much of a slog for you though, take comfort in the fact that Azim Steppe is very flat, with the result that it's fairly easy to unlock aether currents there.
    So I got to the first major story beat in Stormblood (at 61, where they warn you to carve out time for a few cutscenes). Question:
    Do they explain why Zenos is such a beast that he just slaps down the Warrior of Light? It just seems weird that I'd struggle so much with a Garlean after fighting and defeating so many eikons, let alone Nidhogg, but can't even dent this guy. I imagine that must have been super demoralizing for all of my allies.
    And he's also probably just really damn strong, and not touched by our various anti-primal stuff. We have fought gods and dragons and all that stuff, but always with allies and/or supernatural aid. Zenos may seem a step down after Nidhogg, but we never did fight Nidhogg without aid.
    Super sekrit spoiler regarding Zenos:
    Don't say I didn't warn you!
    If you watch all the way to the end of the current Stormblood story scenes, it is heavily implied that Zenos was probably one of the first test subjects for the Resonant experiments. In keeping with the whole FF6 theme that Garlemald has, it probably made him super-powerful and also crazy, like Kefka. Zenos's character design invokes Kefka a little too, with the way that he has all that colorful fabric around his waist.

But yes, like DrDinosaur says, every time you fight Zenos with the exception of when you finally face him in Ala Mhigo, you are doing it either solo or with only one or two of the Scions helping. At Ala Mhigo, not only have you gained a lot of levels (which he even lampshades, talking about how you've been fighting constantly), but you have a full party of other badass adventurers.

Anyway, I thought the overall plot was pretty great; I particularly appreciated the character development that Lyse gets.

That is good to know! I've just been getting a bit bored spending basically the largest chunk of my play time just running back and forth.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    I wanted to take him and the hot-headed thaumaturge leading one of the other tribes, disarm them, then shove them into a room with a bed and lock the door.

Not sure how well that would go, though. She did reject him super hard that one time he was all "line up all the women so I can see if my soul mate is in their eyes". If nothing else, he hates her for defying him.

Enlong on
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular

Regarding the Azim Steppe spoiler:
    I honestly expected the story to end with them getting together.

Especially funny because Sun-dude leader kinda-sorta hits on you if you're playing a female Warrior of Light (and Lyse whether you're male or female.) I was really torn on which of the two response options I was given. That one was a Tombstone reference was what made the choice very difficult.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular

Omega v4.0 boss name spoiler
    Exdeath is the last boss of the first raid tier of this expansion.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    2.x had a 3-part raid storyline in which you run through FFXIV versions of the final dungeons of FFIII, Xande and Cloud of Darkness included.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

As a SAM, should I be using the STR materia on my LHS gear, then? Or the crit ones?

Your gear will probably have all the primary stats maxed, with no capacity to meld more on.

HQ crafted is a different beast, but there's no craftable level 70 gear for DoW or DoM yet.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular

You fight yojimbo (a summon from FFX) in one of the end game dungeons as well as the guard scorpion from FF7 in another story dungeon. As other have mentioned there's Exdeath in the new Omega raid and if i had to guess, based on how they're doing it there'll be at least 2 more main bad guys in the omega raids. My money is on Jenova for one of them.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular

Not sure how well that would go, though. She did reject him super hard that one time he was all "line up all the women so I can see if my soul mate is in their eyes". If nothing else, he hates her for defying him.
    After their snarking at each other after the big melee fight to win control, I commented to my wife "those two need to just fuck already."

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    McMoogle wrote: »

You fight yojimbo (a summon from FFX) in one of the end game dungeons as well as the guard scorpion from FF7 in another story dungeon. As other have mentioned there's Exdeath in the new Omega raid and if i had to guess, based on how they're doing it there'll be at least 2 more main bad guys in the omega raids. My money is on Jenova for one of them.
    Guard Scorpion was great. Did you notice the NPC just before the boss room telling you to attack while the tail's up?

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular

If you loved the last bosses of FF6, you'll love this: HW straight up lets you fight the members of the Warring Triad.

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular

You can only ever meld secondary stats as a DPS job.

As Takel said direct hit/det are the current best stats for damage. Crit isn't the best until you can get enough of it which is currently around 2700 crit rating.

There's no 100% accurate stat weights but most people are going direct hit cause you get more bang for you buck that way.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    He's the crown prince of a world-spanning empire who lives only to fight, with all the physical and magiteknical capabilities that entails.
    Also with just a few levels above the first meeting I know my character could definitely have beaten him without his magic super katana. And then honestly just a few more levels could beat him with it. At level 70 he'd get solo'd no issue.
    I think it's basically that he is a level 70 character and you have to get to 70 to beat him. Which is basically the first thing you do at 70. It's more game logic than story logic. "This guy is too strong, you must get stronger!" which in eorzea means: better gear or more levels, in this case, first one then the other.

• Options
    soylenth wrote: »
    He's the crown prince of a world-spanning empire who lives only to fight, with all the physical and magiteknical capabilities that entails.
    Also with just a few levels above the first meeting I know my character could definitely have beaten him without his magic super katana. And then honestly just a few more levels could beat him with it. At level 70 he'd get solo'd no issue.
    I think it's basically that he is a level 70 character and you have to get to 70 to beat him. Which is basically the first thing you do at 70. It's more game logic than story logic. "This guy is too strong, you must get stronger!" which in eorzea means: better gear or more levels, in this case, first one then the other.

Level 70 quests
    and gaining levels tends to be a little more than just fighting enough stuff for muscles in this game. A lot of the jobs tend to have you gain new power from some pretty exotic sources. Hell, the BLM soul crystal is explicitly a magic artifact that gives you more control over wild elemental energy than literally any thaumaturge in the world.

And it makes some sense that you'd need more of that sort of power to best Zenos. Especially if he had the Sharingan Monado Resonance when you first fought him.

• Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    That's a good point!

• Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    Oh well. Had a power surge in my area and now the game is downloading a 22gb patch.

Apparently it's been a thing for the PS4 version since Stormblood came out. So much for playing this weekend.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    Omega spoilers:
    It seems kinda funny to me that they have Midgardsormr as an ancient enemy of Omega who has chased it across planets for eons. The reason this is funny is because it basically means Midgardsormr is acting as a reference to Shinryu, storywise, after we just had an enemy who was Shinryu in name and shape.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    There are so many Hamilton references in Stormblood alone. Not to mention the rest of the game.

I guess when the game is about revolution and Koji Fox can't not reference pop culture, it's inevitable.

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    There are so many Hamilton references in Stormblood alone. Not to mention the rest of the game.

I guess when the game is about revolution and Koji Fox can't not reference pop culture, it's inevitable.

Les Miserables as well. It is da best

• Options
    Renzo wrote: »

Hell, Heavensward had a Hamilton reference, with a quest titled "Who lives, who dies, who retells your story".

• Options
    Omega spoilers: Deltascape 4.0
    So, prior to fighting Exdeath, Cid muses that it doesn't make much sense that Omega would reproduce the villains of various stories who were all defeated by the heroes in the end; if Omega seeks to find the strongest of foes, why would it use the losers?

Which makes me think; who could appear in the stronger datascapes? Could it be that the highest levels of the Omega raids will pit us against Final Fantasy heroes instead of bosses, as those entities would be suited for spheres higher than Delta? Will we get to fight Bartz and his crew?

The only problem with fighting the FFV heroes, of course, is the existence of someone named after Krile in FFXIV, who had a grandfather roughly analogous to Galuf. But I'm sure there are ways they can work around that.

This discussion has been closed.