As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Heaven 'n Hell, Plug 'n Play (Super NES Classic, etc.)

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    TimFiji wrote: »
    I went to Walmart to get one for PA folks and Walmart let the dude in front of me buy 6 of the SNES minis...

Wow... That is... Wow.

A guy was telling my friend while he was in line that the guy's brother wiped out a Target in the next town over by buying 6. Luckily they were for relatives, but still.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Actually, some of the Super Mario RPG monsters are creepy.

• Options
    I am puzzled as to how the Kirby golf game got on the system.

I guess they felt it just had to have a golf game.

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    It's because Kirby's dream course is a good game.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    darunia106 wrote: »
    It's because Kirby's dream course is a good game.

But at the same time, if I had to choose between it and Tetris Attack I would choose Tetris Attack 100% of the time. Same with Demon's Crest and Super Ghouls N Ghosts. Demon's Crest is just a highly rated overlooked game, where as Ghouls N Ghosts is a popularized allegory of masochism.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Also Dan can actually play it and win, most of the time it's Arin playing. Dan winning gives me life fuel.

• Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    I went to Walmart to get one for PA folks and Walmart let the dude in front of me buy 6 of the SNES minis...

Wow... That is... Wow.

A guy was telling my friend while he was in line that the guy's brother wiped out a Target in the next town over by buying 6. Luckily they were for relatives, but still.

Guess I should've included that he was buying the last six.

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
      Thought this was Gam Grumps thread :P

• Options
      NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular

Wow... That is... Wow.

Most realtors don't care if you're a scalper, pretty much. They got their cut.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    • Options
      urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
      Oh sure, but have a conscience at least.

• Options
      KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
      urahonky wrote: »

What's that?

• Options
      ZythonZython Registered User regular
      urahonky wrote: »

What's that?

That little voice you use alcohol to keep quiet.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
      Steam: pazython
    • Options

Wow... That is... Wow.

I wish him a happy new year.
      Of rocks, trees, and power poles.

oosik_betsuni.png
    • Options
      AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
      Nintendo has never topped Super Mario RPG. I would love for a remake from Square Enix.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    • Options
      Nintendo has never topped Super Mario RPG. I would love for a remake from Square Enix.

It is a cool blend of Final Fantasy and Mario. I am in the sewers part of the game and I am surprised that it is kind of creepy.

• Options
      TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
      It's also by far my favorite use of the silent protagonist. Mario's ridiculous charades and unremarked upon shape shifting ability are great.

steam_sig.png
    • Options
      SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
      I'm finally a few minor battles into EarthBound and quite liking it. I especially appreciate that I automatically win against snakes now that I'm powered up enough. I know other games have used that mechanic since then, but it must have been a pretty cool feature when the game came out.

I even read through the game's instruction booklet before diving in. It also includes a strategy guide, but I'm probably going to skip reading that.

I do find it odd that they assigned the talk/inspect button to L, but not also to Y. Nothing is assigned to Y! Why not assign the same function to both? Oh well, it's a minor gripe.

• Options
      DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
      It's also by far my favorite use of the silent protagonist. Mario's ridiculous charades and unremarked upon shape shifting ability are great.
      One of my favorite things about that game is that when you're asked to prove your identity as Mario, you do it by jumping in front of them.

• Options
      edited October 2017
      Just a quick reminder that if you haven't been able to secure an SNES classic, I'm raffling one off for Extra Life which starts in 46 hours. Just need to donate at least $5 with your PA name in the comments to my Extra Life Page (check my signature for deetz <3). I'm even paying for shipping for US winners, just asking that if the winner is non-US to PayPal me shipping or reimburse with a Steam game or something. Entries are accepted until Sunday whenever I wake up (so probably around 8pm EST)

KoopahTroopah on
    • Options
      CauldCauld Registered User regular
      Just a quick reminder that if you haven't been able to secure an SNES classic, I'm raffling one off for Extra Life which starts in 46 hours. Just need to donate at least $5 with your PA name in the comments to my Extra Life Page (check my signature for deetz <3). I'm even paying for shipping for US winners, just asking that if the winner is non-US to PayPal me shipping or reimburse with a Steam game or something. Entries are accepted until Sunday whenever I wake up (so probably around 8pm EST)

Will probably check this out.

I Went to the Nintendo store in NYC today about 20 minutes before they were gonna hand out wristbands and the line was already at least 50 people deep. The store itself was also a bit disappointing. Lots of consoles setup to play with, which was cool but not much merchandise at all

Quick photo I took of the line on my way back to work:
      ajawijb5jisd.png

• Options
      edited October 2017
      That's pretty incredible. I would also expect the Nintendo store to be loaded with merch. Especially knick knacks like plushies, blankets, etc...

Edit - Side story of personal shame. I did a charity event for Cradles to Crayons on the 6th, and in one of the boxes while I was sorting clothes was a super soft blanket with Mario and Luigi on it. I had to stop myself from convincing the Cradles people to take it off their hands.

KoopahTroopah on
    • Options
      CauldCauld Registered User regular
      There were lots of amiibos, some plushies a few shirts etc. But, far less merch than I thought there'd be in general. There really weren't even many games. I saw plenty of consoles and a lot of stations to try out games and consoles, which was cool. I was really hoping for some baby clothes, because in all the baby Mario characters would be adorable in baby clothes. Especially with Halloween coming up. I thought for sure I'd missed a store. The other nearby flagship stores are packed full of stuff.

Judging by their twitter feed they do a lot of signings, meets and events there, so I suppose they need that open space.

• Options
      anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
      edited October 2017
      Oh are we talking about Super Mario RPG?

Probably one of my favorite games of all time. I actually just beat it a couple weeks ago for the second time on an original snes, so probably won't do another playthrough for a year or so, but the next one will be on the classic for sure!

anoffday on
      Steam: offday
    • Options
      StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
      Meh, I've been bouncing around the 5 or 6 gamestops in my city for a while now with no luck. I'm gonna put this quest on the backburner and see if a more significant stock ever actually materializes, because talking to some clerk who says the four consoles they are getting are coming "any day now" is getting to be less fun and adventurous and more stupid and pointless (on my part).

• Options
      Meh, I've been bouncing around the 5 or 6 gamestops in my city for a while now with no luck. I'm gonna put this quest on the backburner and see if a more significant stock ever actually materializes, because talking to some clerk who says the four consoles they are getting are coming "any day now" is getting to be less fun and adventurous and more stupid and pointless (on my part).

Have you tried Target and Walmart? Supposedly some Target stores are going to have them tomorrow, and a lot already got shipments over the last week or two.

• Options
      StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
      SteevL wrote: »

Have you tried Target and Walmart? Supposedly some Target stores are going to have them tomorrow, and a lot already got shipments over the last week or two.

I definitely think a visit to the local Target will be in my lunch plans tomorrow. Can't hurt. =)

• Options

I definitely think a visit to the local Target will be in my lunch plans tomorrow. Can't hurt. =)

Give 'em a call too! Just push the button to get transferred to electronics. They're probably quite used to fielding questions about the thing by now too.

• Options
      LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
      I'm finally a few minor battles into EarthBound and quite liking it. I especially appreciate that I automatically win against snakes now that I'm powered up enough. I know other games have used that mechanic since then, but it must have been a pretty cool feature when the game came out.

I even read through the game's instruction booklet before diving in. It also includes a strategy guide, but I'm probably going to skip reading that.

I do find it odd that they assigned the talk/inspect button to L, but not also to Y. Nothing is assigned to Y! Why not assign the same function to both? Oh well, it's a minor gripe.

Nintendo's Player's Guides were really good back then, oftentimes delving deeper into the world and lore and other fun stuff throughout. I still love to read through A Link to the Past's with little regard for the actual gameplay help.

So when you're a little ways in, I'd recommend looking over what you've gone through in the guide, in case they added supplementary material there as well.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
      Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
    • Options
      anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
      Yeah, try out target, walmart, sears, etc. whatever. Gamestop is probably the worst place to look for one.

• Options
      TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
      Krathoon wrote: »
      It is rare in that you can't go to a store anytime and get one.
      Last Friday we had them in stock at my Target for a full day and when I left work today, we had 2 left from a shipment of 4 we received this afternoon.

It is still kind of a rarity, but not to the extent the NES classic was

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    • Options
      edited October 2017

Wow... That is... Wow.

He's either a liar or he somehow managed to nab a newbie in electronics on the day shift (usually newbies get the night shift) because its policy to only sell 1 per person. Tons of memos and whatnot from corporate.

TehSpectre on
      9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    • Options
      I thought that was only midnight release/release day? Are they still putting a limit on people?

• Options
      anoffday wrote: »
      I thought that was only midnight release/release day? Are they still putting a limit on people?
      Ours is, but it's run semi-competently.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    • Options
      DirtyDirty Registered User regular
      We limit 1 per person where I work.

Also my store got some in today. They were telling me about it before I got started, so I went ahead and impulsively bought one (closing shift, so they had been there a while). I'm still on the fence though. I may just return it.

• Options
      TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
      Dirty wrote: »
      We limit 1 per person where I work.

Also my store got some in today. They were telling me about it before I got started, so I went ahead and impulsively bought one (closing shift, so they had been there a while). I'm still on the fence though. I may just return it.

Ship it to someone on the boards?

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
        Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
      • Options
        DirtyDirty Registered User regular
        If I don't keep it and if none of my friends want it, you guys will be the first to know.

• Options
        TehSpectre wrote: »

Wow... That is... Wow.

He's either a liar or he somehow managed to nab a newbie in electronics on the day shift (usually newbies get the night shift) because its policy to only sell 1 per person. Tons of memos and whatnot from corporate.

Yeah I assume the same as you. The Target I got my brother's at limited it to 1.

For those who are looking at Target for one, this page seems to at least be somewhat more accurate. Reposted from earlier.

https://www.target.com/p/snes-classic-edition/-/A-52826093?lnk=fiatsCookie

I'm going to watch for more for PA folk since I want to repay the kindness of @TimFiji and this forum.

oosik_betsuni.png
      • Options
        Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
        I'm still trying to figure out why they left out DKC2, which was so much better than the first.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
        Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
        PSN - Brainiac_8
        Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
        Add me!
      • Options
        I am dying a lot in EarthBound. Fortunately, the penalty for being defeated doesn't appear too bad unless you're carrying around a ton of money, and you get to keep your XP, so it's not a big deal.

• Options
        Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
        edited October 2017
        There are only two places where death is an issue, right at the beginning up through Twoson, and the horrific shopping mall in Fourside.

*Shudders* Stupid mall. :(

Brainiac 8 on
        3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
        Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
        PSN - Brainiac_8
        Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
        Add me!