As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ARK: Survival Evolved: Abbyration

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    At this point you can become iron man and put lasers on your trex

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    At this point you can become iron man and put lasers on your trex

wait

what??

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    yeah, it's dino riders up in.

it's real late game stuff though.

there is a lot of stuff to get excited about.

• Options
    Tek armor lets you run fast enough to break through walls, hover, and super jump

You also get tek armor for some dinos that looks like its from a bad scifi novel

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    jesus christ it's only been like a year since I last played what the fuck is happening right now

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    l1tiy1b.jpg

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    how do you even get to late game

is it like minecraft where you just need increasingly better picks or something?

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    how do you even get to late game

is it like minecraft where you just need increasingly better picks or something?

yeah kinda, to get better metal gear you need to make smiths and forges.

• Options
    You start doing stuff like taming beavers to turn one tree from 4 wood harvested to 100

The scale is hands to tools to dinos to lasers

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    also i found where the wyverns live in ragnarok, and it's right near one of the starting points, so that's awesome.

• Options
    HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    Best Ragnarok starting point is in the North-East, easy horse/Unicorn taming for days.

Which in turn can kick other dinos unconscious to tame them

• Options
    Hellbore wrote: »
    Best Ragnarok starting point is in the North-East, easy horse/Unicorn taming for days.

Which in turn can kick other dinos unconscious to tame them

the highlands also have horses, whales washing up on shore, and direct access to wyverns.

• Options
    There is no way any of us are getting wyverns within the month

You have to steal the egg and raise it, which requires you to be able to survive a prolonged dragon attack and being able to monitor a fake babys food for 3 days

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    I'm not sure how I feel about these survival-style games, but I've been wanting to try to get involved with more community multiplayer stuff, so maybe I'll try this? Gotta decide tonight before the Steam sale ends.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Provided I can find the hard drive space I would be down, I never really gave this game a fair shake when I bought it.

• Options

You have to steal the egg and raise it, which requires you to be able to survive a prolonged dragon attack and being able to monitor a fake babys food for 3 days

plus it only eats one kind of food that you need to get from adult wyverns.

But, still, direct access to wyverns.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Group survival stuff sounds fun, but the last time I bought (and immediately refunded) this game, it took an age to load despite my having a rad-ass liquid cooled gaming rig, and when I spawned in some fucking giant armored dino killed me before I could even realize that I was naked.

• Options
    Probably spawned at a bad spot. Only like 4 of the spawn areas are actually safe to newbies

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    that sounds bad. but also yeah that probably won't happen on this server.

• Options
    Decided fuck it, I'm in. Today is the end of my weekend and I work late shifts so who knows how much I'll actually see any of you but sure let's do this thing.

• Options
    need three more people then we have nine, and i will begin to get this going.

• Options
    HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular

All timers can be changed in the .ini files for the server. You could make it so the wyvern raising only takes a few hours or even less, if you don't care about getting imprinting bonuses on the baby.

• Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    Haven't played this in a long while, so I'm willing to give it another go. I'll join y'all.

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    Weaver wrote: »
    Group survival stuff sounds fun, but the last time I bought (and immediately refunded) this game, it took an age to load despite my having a rad-ass liquid cooled gaming rig, and when I spawned in some fucking giant armored dino killed me before I could even realize that I was naked.

solid state helps way more than good CPU, and it runs like butt on everything

• Options
    Oh whoops, i accidentally paid for a server, and now i'm mistakenly setting it up, though it might actually be down.

I'm learning as we go but it seems simple enough

• Options
    ark was a PITA to set up last time I tried, but if it has a management UI you're lucky

• Options
    do NOt spawn at viking bay 1. just, don't.

trust me.

• Options
    Also yeah, i put the server address in the OP, im at viking bay 2 making a mess of things, Please come help.

• Options
    I guess it's time to install ark then

• Options
    Whats the server settings

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Whats the server settings

i got experience turned up and taming times durned down, still working out the details.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Game just increased its price to get ready for launch, so hope everyone bought it already

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Seems like gathering was increased for some things? Or maybe that's just different from when I last played.

• Options
    MegaMek wrote: »
    Seems like gathering was increased for some things? Or maybe that's just different from when I last played.

i have gathering turned up like 300%? and i still never have enough fiber.

• Options
    Melding wrote: »
    MegaMek wrote: »

i have gathering turned up like 300%? and i still never have enough fiber.

That changes at level 30 when you can get tame harry

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I may be on tonight. I'll see how I feel!

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I may be on tonight. I'll see how I feel!

you got two hours before i go to sleep if you want to get into Dino Town. it's kind of a shit shack at the moment, but we got a trike.

• Options
    Off in two and a half hours, then I'll be on.

• Options
    @Melding I left the spitters and some metal up on my perch along with some odds and ends. If you need any of that, help yourself.

• Options
    Does this game not have a way to just direct access servers

Do I really just have to wait for it to do the whole list of servers and wait for meldings to show

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg