Options

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Somewhere, in Chaldea, this could all be happening right now

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    At least you can skip his death monologue by tapping the screen.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Wait what? What is this X/2000 Fou thing? In NA it's X/990

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

A mercy, I think :rotate:

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    So I think the cheapest way to get 30 paid quartz is to buy 25+4+1, is that right? You miss out on 11 free quartz compared to buying the bundle of 42, of course, but you also save 11.57 USD (converting my local currency).

31 bucks is still pricy, though. "Half a Mario", as Giant Bomb put it.

There's an upgrade later that introduces 4* Fous that can raise the stats above 990. With +20/card. And they cost 3 rare prisms in the shop, which has 1/month in stock. Halloween 2016 had 1 ATK Fou and 2 HP Fous.
    It's very much for Waifus, much like grailing to 100.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Neveron wrote: »
    So I think the cheapest way to get 30 paid quartz is to buy 25+4+1, is that right? You miss out on 11 free quartz compared to buying the bundle of 42, of course, but you also save 11.57 USD (converting my local currency).

31 bucks is still pricy, though. "Half a Mario", as Giant Bomb put it.

There's an upgrade later that introduces 4* Fous that can raise the stats above 990. With +20/card. And they cost 3 rare prisms in the shop, which has 1/month in stock. Halloween 2016 had 1 ATK Fou and 2 HP Fous.
    It's very much for Waifus, much like grailing to 100.

Oh, so it's to torture OCD people by removing their nice Max-Fou'd notices.

• Options
    Everyone ready for crazy?

Thanksgiving Banner & Bonuses
    London Release (HAS TO RELEASE BEFORE X-MAS EVENT because the event features its servants)
    X-Mas Event
    New Years Banner & Bonuses

Then late January there should be the start of another event rush.

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    So while the biggest news might be the guaranteed 5* paid roll, the other news is that we're finally getting Cu's teacher. Along with my evaluation of her, I'm also going to assume that we'll get the two 3* servants who appeared alongside her in JP; these aren't confirmed quite yet for NA as far as I know, but if we don't get them now, I imagine it won't be too long. Note that Medea Lily also appeared on their banner, but we got a different banner with her already, so I'm not so sure if she'll be here.

3* Saber: Fergus Mac Roich
    You could save yourself a lot of time in reading this evaluation by imagining a saber version of the current Lu Bu.
    Stats (level 70): 7460 Attack, 9786 HP

Deck: QABBB
    # of hits (Q/A/B/E): 2/2/1/3
    Fergus's generation stats are pretty mediocre, compounded by the fact that he only has one arts card and one quick card. Keep him busting, instead.

First skill: 3-turn attack buff (10-30%) to himself, and 3-turn increase in resistance to mental debuffs (20-40%). Base cooldown: 7 turns
    Second skill: 3-turn defense buff (15-25%), and and a 3-turn decrease in his chance to increase his attack (50%). Base cooldown: 7 turns
    Third skill: 1-turn evasion, and 3-turn defense buff (10-20%). Base cooldown: 8 turns

Make sure to use his first skill before his second. It's a shame that his first skill isn't a bit more powerful (especially at low skill levels), but an attack buff is an attack buff, and the fact that he has an evasion skill is certainly a big deal.

Noble Phantasm (Buster): Powerful AOE attack, which decreases all enemies' defense by 20% for 3 turns, and also decreases their resistance to debuffs for 3-turns based on overcharge (20-60%)

Reasonably powerful given that you should be able to get him to NP5 eventually. Not much else to say.

Overall/tl;dr: I've always thought it was a shame that Fergus gets an AOE NP, since his buster style and evasion skill make him surprisingly effective against bosses. He works out to be pretty solid; a fine choice for leveling up if you're light on sabers.

3* Lancer: Diarmuid Ua Duibhne
    Nice to see a character from Fate/Zero, but I can't imagine many people are going to use him in this game over Cu. Sorry, Diarmuid. Being Lancer is suffering.
    Stats (level 70): 6877 Attack, 10,098 HP

Deck: QQAAB
    # of hits (Q/A/B/E): 2/2/2/4
    Diarmuid's generation stats are simply bad, which isn't uncommon for lancers, but is a bit disappointing none the less. Especially since his stats favor HP, and he only has one buster card.

First skill: 1-turn evasion, and 3-turn defense buff (9-18%). Base cooldown: 8 turns
    Second skill: 3-turn attack debuff for all female enemies (30-50%). Base cooldown: 7 turns
    Third skill: 3-turn increase in crit star generation rate (30-50%). Base cooldown: 7 turns

Having an evasion skill is well and good, but beyond that, debuffing enemy females is Diarmuid's niche. It's actually a pretty potent skill, but also extremely situational. Female enemies are more common than male ones, thankfully, but it's still of no use against monsters. His third skill helps out his mediocre crit star rate, and notably lasts for 3 turns, but don't expect him to be raining stars down even with it.

Noble Phantasm (Quick): Powerful single-target attack, which removes a buff from the enemy, and curses the enemy for 500-1500 damage each turn for 5 turns, based on overcharge.

The curse damage isn't going to be significant most of the time, but when you get him up to NP5, this will be pretty powerful.

Overall/tl;dr: It's not that Diarmuid is bad. It's just, he has to compete with Cu. He loses out pretty drastically in that comparison, but hey, at least he's pretty effective against female archers?

5* Lancer: Scathach
    People generally refer to Scathach as "Shishou" or "Teach". I like to think this is because nobody knows how to pronounce her name. I don't recommend shortening her name, either.
    Stats (level 90): 11,375 Attack, 14,825 HP

Deck: QQABB
    # of hits (Q/A/B/E): 2/3/6/7
    Scathach's an odd one. She's got two quick cards, but they are mediocre for crit star and NP generation. On the other hand, her singular arts card is pretty good, and her buster and extra cards are fantastic. You might find yourself ordering your selected cards a little differently than most other characters if you are looking to maximize her effectiveness.

First skill: 1-turn evasion, and an 80% chance to increase her critical damage (30-50%) for 3 turns, and an 80% chance to increase her crit weight (300-500%) for 3 turns. Base cooldown: 7 turns
    Second skill: 1-turn increase in quick card effectiveness (30-50%) for a party member. Base cooldown: 8 turns
    Third skill: 1-turn increase in damage against divine targets (50-100%), and a 1-turn increase in damage against undead targets (50-100%). Base cooldown: 7 turns

Well, she's got a means of boosting her NP, and an evasion skill, so you know she's going to be at least adequate. The extra effects on her evasion skill are actually very powerful, but the chance for them to fail is pretty unfortunate, especially since she really wants both of them proc together. It's also very notable that her quick buffer can target an ally besides herself; you probably won't do this most of the time, but when that is relevant, it can be really interesting. Her third skill is obviously very situational, but it's quite something when it works. If you get her, I recommend looking up a list of divine servants.

Noble Phantasm (Quick): Powerful single-target attack, which stuns the enemy, and has a chance to instakill them (50-100%), based on overcharge.

Aside from extremely specific scenarios, you might as well ignore the instakill chance. Otherwise, this is a very powerful NP. Not only in terms of raw damage (which is quite high, given her ability to boost it), but also because it includes a guaranteed (unless resisted) stun. Delaying a boss's NP for a turn by stunning them on the turn where they'd use it can be a huge swing.

Overall/tl;dr: Scathach is the second of three strong 5* characters who are released back to back. People like to compare them, and Scathach tends to lose out compared to the other two (largely because her NP and star generation stats just aren't on the same level as the likes of Okita), but that doesn't mean she isn't extremely strong. She also doesn't really have any competition as a Lancer, and there won't be another single-target Lancer who will be able to compete with her for a good while.

• Options
    Yay for Gold Lancers.

Though I myself am more looking for Brynhildr (for her design) or either Li Shuwen or Fion mac Cumhail for Arts-synergy.

• Options
    StasisStasis Registered User regular
    I might go in on that paid guaranteed SSR gacha. I'd pretty much be happy with anyone on that list since I don't have any of them yet, and with how much I've gotten out of this game, I don't mind parting with some cash for a guaranteed 5*. Though Altria, Orion, and Vlad would be the least exciting for me, so I'm pretty much guaranteed to get one of those. :P

Crossing my fingers for either Okita or Drake, though.

• Options
    Looking through the statistics, it seems like if you want 60 paid quartz (for this paid gacha and whatever the next is) you're still better off buying 25+4+1 two times rather than, say, 42+12+4+4.

If you want 90 quartz, though, 86+4 is cheaper. But that's a lot of buy-in - who knows if you're still into FGO three paid gachas down the line. Also, you only save like three bucks compared to 3x(25+4+1).

Or you could just whale all the time, in which case buying the 86-pack is ultimately the cheapest. I'd recommend against that, though, because whaling is unhealthy. Just make sure you don't borrow money from the Yakuza in a failed attempt to get Scat Hatch, alright?

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Neveron wrote: »
    Or you could just whale all the time, in which case buying the 86-pack is ultimately the cheapest. I'd recommend against that, though, because whaling is unhealthy. Just make sure you don't borrow money from the Yakuza in a failed attempt to get Scat Hatch, alright?
    Too late, preemptively sold a kidney.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Completed GUDAGUDA except for the boss rush. So glad to be done with it lol.

I want to use real CEs again.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I just can't get over how much I've put into Tamamo Cat and not be frustrated by how she drops to a stiff breeze. I am not cool with this.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    That's Berserkers for you

• Options
    If I use saint quartz to revive my team does it use the free or bonus quartz over purchased?

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    I'm sticking to caster 40. NPC Nobu just Crits like crazy.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    StasisStasis Registered User regular
    You ain't kiddin'. My first two runs went off without a hitch, then on the third, Nobu proceeded to delete one servant per turn.

• Options
    Yea, I've been steamrolled after the first run. I just can't get enough NP built up by the time I get to Nobu. Plus all my lancers are disgracefully under leveled like everything of mine except Tamamo Cat.

Follow up question for the one about which type of saint quartz is used when reviving. Which type will it use if I use saint quartz to get ap? Purchased, bonus, or free?

• Options
    If I'd have to guess it's probably free, but don't take my word for it. (By the way, I think the only types are paid and free? Bonus quartz are just free quartz.)

Personally I don't feel like spending quartz to revive is worth it, but eh. Your money.

• Options
    So the official event page for the thanksgiving stuff (http://fate-go.us/news/?category=NEWS&article=/iframe/2017/1120_thanksgiving_cp/) does confirm that the new gachas are including Diarmuid, Fergus, and Medea Lily, but it also reminds me about another important point about them. The new gold CEs are actually super good. Fragment of 2030 supplies a pretty significant amount of free crit stars every turn, and is generally one of the best 5* CEs available for whenever you aren't looking to just power out an early NP. Knight's Dignity also has a very strong effect for a 4* CE; 40% crit damage boost is a huge amount, and it goes up to 50% if fully limit broken (which may not happen any time soon, but these CEs will be added to the regular pool, so you should be able to max it eventually). Really hoping to pick those up while doing some rolling for Scathach.

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    I was going to save for London but dang it this banner is tempting

And I do love Diarmuid

• Options
    Also, if anyone's thinking about farming half-AP quests just for mana prisims, don't. You won't make up your AP investment until you like... max close to 20 SSRs. Mona Lisa seems to be more about Friend Points rather than saving QP for doing the grind yourself. I'll maybe grab one copy then limit break it next year when it shows up again.

Also, the X-Mas event and emptying the stockings are a better use of AP. They give you prisims, exp cards, lots of QP, skill mats for all classes, low tier mats, and apples. It seems to be worth it to clear all 7 stockings there.

• Options

She can't crit you through Protection From Arrows. :D

• Options
    I was expecting to have a really rough go of the archer battle, but apparently a level 50 Cu with a good support (shoutouts to Vagrant's level 90 Cu) is enough.

Still kinda considering going back to the caster battle, though. It's a lot smoother of a battle for me, and I wouldn't mind getting another few hearts.

• Options
    I could use one more heart to ascent Emiya, but I don't have the monuments to spare at the moment. I spent mine on Gil and the rest are going to Orion first who I have the mats for, and just need to farm the exp.

And... I'm 100% done with GUDAGUDA now anyways except for the final boss gauntlet. And the grab bag will have a couple hearts.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Yeah, your Cu does 100K+ on Nobu with the proper setup. Does that fight drop anything comparable to hearts/eyes to keep farming it instead of the Caster one though?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Thank you for the FPs. Woke up this morning to my Cu earning 2.5k just while sleeping and doing my morning workout.

No one has leveled Lancers yet.

• Options
    Thank you for the FPs. Woke up this morning to my Cu earning 2.5k just while sleeping and doing my morning workout.

Normally I would have Cu at 70 by this point, but I'm trying to make a point to use servants on this account that I haven't used on my other ones. Which is why my highest lancer right now is Proto Cu, because he almost sort of counts as being different.

• Options
    TabinTabin Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    Yea, I've been steamrolled after the first run. I just can't get enough NP built up by the time I get to Nobu. Plus all my lancers are disgracefully under leveled like everything of mine except Tamamo Cat.

Follow up question for the one about which type of saint quartz is used when reviving. Which type will it use if I use saint quartz to get ap? Purchased, bonus, or free?

As the resident quartz eater I can confirm it will always use free first and it informs you what it will be using with a popup window at the time of use.

Also, if anyone's thinking about farming half-AP quests just for mana prisims, don't. You won't make up your AP investment until you like... max close to 20 SSRs. Mona Lisa seems to be more about Friend Points rather than saving QP for doing the grind yourself. I'll maybe grab one copy then limit break it next year when it shows up again.

Also, the X-Mas event and emptying the stockings are a better use of AP. They give you prisims, exp cards, lots of QP, skill mats for all classes, low tier mats, and apples. It seems to be worth it to clear all 7 stockings there.

This math is doing the 30 AP exp quest at 15 for half off and burning all cards? That puts it at 555 runs for 5000 aprox 61 full AP bars for me. Either way it is going to be QP grind and get a few choice gems as I am running into the long term problem in a big way now... in NA too.

As for the 4* Fou's Vagrant the highest stats I have seen any servant with so far is 1650 and I am not even sure 2000 is possible yet.. so 2000/2000 is a labor of love for sure.

@AshtonDragon as always your servant evaluations are awesome and I look forward to them every time we get a new singularity. Correct me if I am wrong here as I have not used Scathach much but as I understand it the stun on her NP can not be resisted unless the target is 100% immune to all CC much the same as the plug suit?

One of the FGO streamers I watch was at the anime NYC event mentioned many things no site seems to cover so I figured recap what he said for everyone as best I can as well as link the video.

1) We will receive a bunch of quality of life improvements on Wednesday with the thanksgiving patch. Things he noted were the lock toggle button to multi lock/unlock things, multiple support pages like we currently have with party's and the information screen that shows what loot and mobs are found in each mission after you have encountered them in said mission!
    (I really hope this includes some of the other UI features Japan has such as loot box that changes based on the rarity of loot you have obtained, ability to leave a support comment, quest badges being removed from the map once finished etc)

2)There was indirect confirmation that the Fate CCC event would be happening in NA despite the fact we never got the game.

3)Animation updates would not be tied to the Japanese release schedule and we would get them faster.
    (I hope this includes strengthening quests as well)

4) It was mentioned that their goal is to catch up to Japan in the long term

Here is the link to the video and recommend watching it as he goes over it much better then me and was actually there

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular

You're welcome~!

Although it was hilarious, my lvl 45 proto Cu one-shot the dragon. I was not expecting that. Turn 4 I was on Nobu & friends, with only 2 dings off the 3x Protection from Arrows I dropped turn 1. If you don't have evades ready to go, though, 3 Rank Formation is pretty rough.

Also, the 20 AP quest is going to kill me. I've emptied the store of everything else, so now I'm grinding out yohen-tenmoku-chawan. It just dropped 21of those, to 24 tsukumo-nasu. Really? Well, I can get some more Fou crystals, but c'mon!

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Tabin wrote: »
    @AshtonDragon as always your servant evaluations are awesome and I look forward to them every time we get a new singularity. Correct me if I am wrong here as I have not used Scathach much but as I understand it the stun on her NP can not be resisted unless the target is 100% immune to all CC much the same as the plug suit?

Thanks! I think Scathach's can fail if the enemy has some debuff resistance, but don't quote me on that. I've definitely seen it fail before, but it's extremely rare. On the other hand, I've never seen the battle suit's stun fail aside from when the enemy is explicitly immune to debuffs. And I use that outfit nearly 100% of the time on my JP account.
    Tabin wrote: »
    One of the FGO streamers I watch was at the anime NYC event mentioned many things no site seems to cover so I figured recap what he said for everyone as best I can as well as link the video.

1) We will receive a bunch of quality of life improvements on Wednesday with the thanksgiving patch. Things he noted were the lock toggle button to multi lock/unlock things, multiple support pages like we currently have with party's and the information screen that shows what loot and mobs are found in each mission after you have encountered them in said mission!
    (I really hope this includes some of the other UI features Japan has such as loot box that changes based on the rarity of loot you have obtained, ability to leave a support comment, quest badges being removed from the map once finished etc)

2)There was indirect confirmation that the Fate CCC event would be happening in NA despite the fact we never got the game.

3)Animation updates would not be tied to the Japanese release schedule and we would get them faster.
    (I hope this includes strengthening quests as well)

4) It was mentioned that their goal is to catch up to Japan in the long term

All of this is great news. The icon that gives details on mobs and drops for missions that you've done before is pretty awesome for events, as it can be difficult to remember what drops what sometimes. Especially in the more complicated events. Gonna be nice to have when Kara no Kyoukai rolls around. Also good to hear we'll continue to get animation updates early. There's quite a few of those that I am looking forward to.

Pretty skeptical about catching up to JP, even a little bit, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. I wouldn't mind if they keep the downtime between events to a minimum.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    It hurts that we wont have the 2000 MP from the KnK event before Da Vinci goes away, just the 1000 x2 from the other two events and a scattering (something like 550) of them from X-Mas.

No way am I gonna just grind for prisms as the opportunity cost isn't worth it considering you could be farming QP and other stuff with that AP. The math isn't in the grind's favor.

• Options
    There's two types of guaranteed effects: ones that have 100% chance and can easily be knocked down with Magic Resistance et.al., and iines that have a 500% chance and generally just fail if the target has outright immunity.

Robin Hood's poison is the former (and guess how many Sabers have MR?), Scathach' stun is the latter.

It's theoretically possible to avoid 500% effects through pure buffs and debuffs, I think, but it's tricky. You pretty much need an NPC to make the weirdest choices possible, like having St. George spam his heal+3-turn +100% mental debuff resist up skill. (Since he's a 2* and IIRC gets two actions, he'd have to spend two entire turns buffing before the third would have him at a total +420% mental debuffs resist.)
    Most of the time you can count on them succeeding against everything not immune, basically.

• Options
    TabinTabin Registered User regular
    Ya I am not sure about grinding for it hard but do plan to have a limit broken one prior to it leaving the store.

Make sure to factor in 10% extra QP as well over the longer term.

I just spent 47 million QP in JP to get 1 single skill from rank 6 to 10 yesterday. It would not have been possible for me with out the current rerun event.

With all the reruns in jp I have been able to get 2 so far but I think the next one will be preempted by Astolfo’s alternate costume...

• Options
    Pictured: "A good support"

ON90sQU.png?1

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    So the official event page for the thanksgiving stuff (http://fate-go.us/news/?category=NEWS&article=/iframe/2017/1120_thanksgiving_cp/) does confirm that the new gachas are including Diarmuid, Fergus, and Medea Lily, but it also reminds me about another important point about them. The new gold CEs are actually super good. Fragment of 2030 supplies a pretty significant amount of free crit stars every turn, and is generally one of the best 5* CEs available for whenever you aren't looking to just power out an early NP. Knight's Dignity also has a very strong effect for a 4* CE; 40% crit damage boost is a huge amount, and it goes up to 50% if fully limit broken (which may not happen any time soon, but these CEs will be added to the regular pool, so you should be able to max it eventually). Really hoping to pick those up while doing some rolling for Scathach.

I'm drawing on this banner ENTIRELY for CEs, actually.

If I get a servant, it's just a nice bonus. I'm actually considering doing my drawing on Gilgamesh day on the off chance of NP2 AO

• Options
    As an aside, has anyone else seen Heaven's Feel - I. Presage Flower?

Because it was fucking god damn amazing and every bit worth driving 2.5hours to see it on Saturday for me. To say that Ufotable knocked it out of the stratosphere is an understatement.

• Options
    Worth it just for the Saber vs. Rider fight, TBH

• Options
    I had a chuckle every time the camera focused on Cu's ass for extended periods of time.

• Options
    CU BUTT

although on a more serious note, I was disappointed in how one-note Sakura was

I know this is just the beginning of her story and this film served mostly to set up her relationship with Shiro so she can get development later on

but it kinda felt like her role here could have been filled by a sad puppy

all she did was show up on Shiro's doorstep and make puppy dog eyes

but the movie was still great, True Assassin was amazing
    why'd he have to kill Caster though, she's the best

goodbye Spooky Hood Princess, we hardly knew ye

well, in this route at least

This discussion has been closed.