Options

[XCOM] XCOM 2.5 is XCOPS

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    hippofant wrote: »
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    So question.

For regular troops since they automatically get a new ability at rank up any soldier ap they have is just bonus right?

Yes. They can use AP towards getting their second ability on any standard rank, or the bonus abilities that are randomly rolled.

Where do you do that at?

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    So question.

For regular troops since they automatically get a new ability at rank up any soldier ap they have is just bonus right?

Yes. They can use AP towards getting their second ability on any standard rank, or the bonus abilities that are randomly rolled.

Where do you do that at?

Training Centre. Train abilities, at the bottom I believe.

Or use http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1124609091 and save yourself a lot of interface clicking.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    oh dang gotta download that one

hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    So question.

Where do you do that at?

hero units can add extra abilities without the training center though!

• Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    Oh man am I loving Templars! Power overwhelming!

Also I lucked out and got research to give conventional weapons +1 dmg, cannons +1 dmg, and Templar auto-pistols +1 dmg. It's proving very helpful, so much so that I may try to skip magnetic weapons or just get them very late.

Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Arrrgh I got Plasma Weapons just before the Assassin Stronghold assault...

and I've got no supplies and the Black Market got shut down!

Oh well, I put it off too long anyway. For those who've already done it, are the stronghold assaults basically fight through the Shadow Chamber spotted enemies + whoever the Chosen warps in, or are there reinforcements included in the level? I think I'm kitted out to survive this but I'm so annoyed I didn't just do it a week or two back since I'm still using Mag weapons regardless.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017

Oh well, I put it off too long anyway. For those who've already done it, are the stronghold assaults basically fight through the Shadow Chamber spotted enemies + whoever the Chosen warps in, or are there reinforcements included in the level? I think I'm kitted out to survive this but I'm so annoyed I didn't just do it a week or two back since I'm still using Mag weapons regardless.

Spoilers for chosen strongholds
    They're two-parters, and the mission brief explicitly states that this is a now-or-never job; they won't be able to attack the stronghold again if things go tits up.

The first part has you attempting to find the teleporter to the Chosen's inner sanctum. It's usually got a bunch of ADVENT roaming around.

Once you're in the second map you will have the Chosen, their floating sarcophagus thing, and whatever enemies they teleport in.

The main challenge is doing enough damage to the sarcophagus after you've killed the Chosen, while also fending off the extra aliens that spawn in. After a couple of turns the Chosen will have healed and comes back onto the field, unless you destroy the sarcophagus.

Once the sarcophagus is broken, the Chosen will reappear with whatever health they have from regenerating (if you break it when they've only healed 20% for instance, that's how much HP they'll have when they reappear). Down them once again to complete the level - you do not need to eliminate the remaining enemies.

EvmaAlsar on
    6YAcQE8.png
    Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
    Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Chosen strongholds are endurance tests for lower tech/ability levels, so plan accordingly.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Question: is there any way to get the Reapers some goddamn pockets?

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »

Tactical Rigging. It is a randomized skill, I think. You can run them through retraining at the Training Center if you don't start with access to it.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I just lost 200 supplies because I got neutralize all enemies with a Horde sitrep on a guerrilla mission FIX YOUR GAME

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »
    I just lost 200 supplies because I got neutralize all enemies with a Horde sitrep on a guerrilla mission FIX YOUR GAME

...why does this lose you 200 supplies? Can't you just kill all the Lost?

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Crappy outcome, but I think that just means to kill all the enemies that the map started with, so it should be possible.
    So the ones you see arriving in their own cutscenes after the mission starts don't count.
    I've had supply raids where it ended with half the crates still untagged because I'd 'secured the area', even with Lost still standing around.

Has anyone had Advent enemies spawn on upper levels of buildings?
    I've taken to sneaking my way to evac points via the top floors, and it seems to be working pretty well so far. New hordes don't see me and so don't activate, and existing ones are at least funnelled to one or two access points, which makes them easy enough to take out.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options

I thought The Horde was an infinite number of Lost, if that's only true on the VIP missions than lol me I guess.

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017

I thought The Horde was an infinite number of Lost, if that's only true on the VIP missions than lol me I guess.

Yeah, on ops requiring all hostiles to be killed, you can in fact eliminate all Lost to finish the mission.

Zxerol on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Every supply mission I've had always has a Chosen interrupt and shit goes pear-shaped.

• Options
    EvmaAlsar wrote: »

Spoilers for chosen strongholds
    They're two-parters, and the mission brief explicitly states that this is a now-or-never job; they won't be able to attack the stronghold again if things go tits up.

The first part has you attempting to find the teleporter to the Chosen's inner sanctum. It's usually got a bunch of ADVENT roaming around.

Once you're in the second map you will have the Chosen, their floating sarcophagus thing, and whatever enemies they teleport in.

The main challenge is doing enough damage to the sarcophagus after you've killed the Chosen, while also fending off the extra aliens that spawn in. After a couple of turns the Chosen will have healed and comes back onto the field, unless you destroy the sarcophagus.

Once the sarcophagus is broken, the Chosen will reappear with whatever health they have from regenerating (if you break it when they've only healed 20% for instance, that's how much HP they'll have when they reappear). Down them once again to complete the level - you do not need to eliminate the remaining enemies.

Blargh I'm still nervous but thanks for the info.

Also! This is like the first time I've been this nervous mid-game. Normally I'd just be waiting for good Guerrilla Ops and building end-tier weapons, the fact that the Chosen Assassin got to 100% Knowledge and I now have to do a real hell of a mission is pretty great.
    I'm figuring that my Reaper with Banish will basically be a 100% killshot on the Chosen to start the fight, since the Assassin in my game is weak to Reapers. Then everyone else should be free to unload on the sarcophagus.

I've also got 3 charges of freeze between grenades and the Serpent suit and 4 charges of healing plus a lot of people with multi-shot skills, so I'm hopeful. Mostly what I worry about is the fight leading up to them draining resources, or finding out that thanks to my dithering they're going to be calling in Sectopods.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Dragunova continues being super useful in objective missions. I just had an "avenger was downed by UFO" thing. I just sent her alone while everyone else defended the platform (and my snipers took advantage of the sight she gave to murderize the shit out of pods), she laid two claymores at the relay, blew it up, and hotfooted out of there. She never even took a shot.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    edited September 2017

Tactical Rigging. It is a randomized skill, I think. You can run them through retraining at the Training Center if you don't start with access to it.

Does that work? I tried it with a Grenadier but I got the same XCOM skills.

KingofMadCows on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Man...hmm...the whole tired system and having more research/development really makes the game feel longer in an unintrusive way.

Like not only does it feel like it took me longer to get to plasma but I'm just now getting my first Major.

Also I'm guessing the timer was rebalanced for all the extra content as it felt like it took a few extra months before higher tiers enemies started showing.

I actually don't mind it as in the original game it did feel like you went straight from Magnetic to Plasma with barely any breathing room.

• Options

Does that work? I tried it with a Grenadier but I got the same XCOM skills.

I honestly don't know. Someone here was saying that it worked.

• Options
    Tactical Rigging only works if the current armor doesn't already have a utility slot.

• Options
    Tactical Rigging only works if the current armor doesn't already have a utility slot.

Yeah but that not an issue for Reapers, who don't get item slots at all without Tactical Rigging.

Personally I just wish that MECs got an ammo-only slot.

• Options
    Haha I had completely forgotten that XCOM2 went conventional -> mag -> plasma, I kept thinking I had hopped over lasers I'm a genius.

Alright that makes me feel a bit better, I don't have end-tier weapons, but I'm also in August so that's not the worst. Plus I'm going to have +1 to all Shotgun damage soon.

• Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular

Yeah but that not an issue for Reapers, who don't get item slots at all without Tactical Rigging.

The Metal Over Flesh mod enables that. It also adds a bunch of other stuff for MECs that is (arguably) appropriately powerful for the price.

• Options
    edited September 2017

The Metal Over Flesh mod enables that. It also adds a bunch of other stuff for MECs that is (arguably) appropriately powerful for the price.

Good to know; I've had bad experiences with mods and won't be using it myself, but I'll tell anyone else who asks.

SPARKS are better in the expansion, especially with the addition of weapon mods, but they still need to be able to use ammo and carry unconscious humanoids.

There is a lot of room to grow from WotC, which is crazy, given how big it is, but I bet people would pay good money for the Brute and a fourth faction hero.

Dracomicron on
  • Options
    AhiMahiAhiMahi Registered User regular
    Got tired of the Chosens interrupting my missions and their constant blah blah blah.

So I spent almost all of my resources finding their hideouts and killed them all. Didn't care that I was only 1 tick away from losing current game. Worth shutting them up so I can enjoy rest of my games.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited September 2017

So long as there are no enemies on the map you're fine. So once you kill the original packs of lost you win as soon as the Horde dies

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    TIL it's possible for the sectoid panic attack to cause your soldier to throw a grenade at the nearest ally, which of course means he gets crit and dies. "I'm not mad, just disappointed," I said over the radio as I ordered her summary execution.

• Options
    I'm playing Commander Ironman and I, uh, messed up not having the tier 2 armor in June. I accidentally sold too many trooper corpses and faaaaaaaack

• Options
    LeumasWhiteLeumasWhite New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Man, that's some hot bullshit. The first op you get, for your first engineer, had a reinforcement pod with two lancers and a priest drop in. Hello, new game.

QPPHj1J.jpg
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    I'm playing Commander Ironman and I, uh, messed up not having the tier 2 armor in June. I accidentally sold too many trooper corpses and faaaaaaaack

I just straight up got stalled with only 5 trooper corpses forever. I actually ended up getting the tier 3 armor straight from tier 1. It was frustrating for a while there. (I'm not sure what month I'm in right now.)

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    So question.

Where do you do that at?

All of my units are heroes.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    So question.

Where do you do that at?

All of my units are heroes.

Except Steve. Guy wouldn't spot me for an ADVENT Burger.

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    I mean, armor is optional, strictly speaking. It makes your margins for error a lot wider but mostly you can play without taking shots.
    Man, that's some hot bullshit. The first op you get, for your first engineer, had a reinforcement pod with two lancers and a priest drop in. Hello, new game.

This seems like a bug, it should be 2 troopers and an officer at most.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    I like the Lost. They're fun.

• Options
    LeumasWhiteLeumasWhite New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Rainfall wrote: »
    I mean, armor is optional, strictly speaking. It makes your margins for error a lot wider but mostly you can play without taking shots.

This seems like a bug, it should be 2 troopers and an officer at most.

Yeah. I occasionally see a Lancer in the first month, but never two in a single pod.

QPPHj1J.jpg
  • Options
    ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular

The game usually spawns 1-2 more full spawns after you kill the remaining regular enemies.

PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    I killed that fucking hunter.

It's Rangers now I see. So long grenadiers, I'm running double ranger squads now because blademaster is actually good and run and gun 100% accurate shotguns are the only reliable method of putting heavy damage on Chosen, at least before high level snipers I guess. Also Lost missions are basically breezed through with rangers.

I actually started a new game I was so sick of that bullshit hunter fucking every mission up. Now I have one that doesn't have a pointless weakness but does automatically break my concealment and is immune to melee. But he couldn't deal with my crit shotguns or my double shot, zero-in skirmisher.

Speaking of sharpshooters. Bye!

Seriously though, no place for them anymore for a few months at least. Sq. Sharpshooters are SO BAD compared to every other class and while normally I bring one anyway to train up, there's just no place for that shit when I have 3 hero units to use instead. The new mission types also seem to promote mobility, as most base XCOM 2 missions do, so again not being able to move and shoot is a completely crippling downside that is not at all compensated for by 2 extra damage and an extra 10% hit chance.

My new tactic is to pick my best Will'ed SS and send them on every covert op that has an Aim bonus or free promotion. Now I have, I think, a rank 4 SS with at least +12 aim. I'll probably never deploy her until she reaches captain but by then she will probably never have a shot less than 80% on anything.

Also training up a ranger with all the +hp and mobility bonuses so he can become part of my late game S rank team.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    Rami wrote: »
    I killed that fucking hunter.

It's Rangers now I see. So long grenadiers, I'm running double ranger squads now because blademaster is actually good and run and gun 100% accurate shotguns are the only reliable method of putting heavy damage on Chosen, at least before high level snipers I guess. Also Lost missions are basically breezed through with rangers.

I actually started a new game I was so sick of that bullshit hunter fucking every mission up. Now I have one that doesn't have a pointless weakness but does automatically break my concealment and is immune to melee. But he couldn't deal with my crit shotguns or my double shot, zero-in skirmisher.

Speaking of sharpshooters. Bye!

Seriously though, no place for them anymore for a few months at least. Sq. Sharpshooters are SO BAD compared to every other class and while normally I bring one anyway to train up, there's just no place for that shit when I have 3 hero units to use instead. The new mission types also seem to promote mobility, as most base XCOM 2 missions do, so again not being able to move and shoot is a completely crippling downside that is not at all compensated for by 2 extra damage and an extra 10% hit chance.

My new tactic is to pick my best Will'ed SS and send them on every covert op that has an Aim bonus or free promotion. Now I have, I think, a rank 4 SS with at least +12 aim. I'll probably never deploy her until she reaches captain but by then she will probably never have a shot less than 80% on anything.

Also training up a ranger with all the +hp and mobility bonuses so he can become part of my late game S rank team.

Coincidentally, the sniper rifle you get from Hunter actually allows Sharpshooters to move and then shoot with it. Also, I would check out pistol Sharpshooters as well. Fan Fire and Face Off are really good abilities and Lightning Hands allows them to get off a bunch of attacks each round.

Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
This discussion has been closed.