As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fortnite] Sprint forever!

1404142434446»

• Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2023
    Here I was all excited for the event...and then my power went out at 3am with an estimated fixed time of 10am(1 hour before). Which didn't happen.

So I napped and was content with missing it.

Then they did encore's because their servers melted originally and kicked people out after hour+ long queues to even load the lobby.

I did the event at 8pm and...
    It was literally a loading zone followed by cutscenes you could zoom focus on. And like...30 seconds of their 4-input RockBand mode. Yay. Didn't even have the next season trailer after.

Here's the video of it.

https://youtu.be/vYOyAnNr56o

Solid Snake looks nice at least.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    They've done it enough times at this point I'm surprised they seem so surprised

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited December 2023
    Most of the tweaks so far I'm happy enough with - having an actual walk animation rather than "jogging on the spot" made me smile far more than it should - but the biggest clunker for me is the new locker UI. It's appalling.

- Presets are no longer one thing. Outfit, emotes, wraps, and lobby presets are now four separate things. I had 30+ presets with emotes & wraps set per-character. Some were the same from one to the next so now I have around 10 fewer emote presets than outfit ones, for example.
    - Preset menus are now 3-wide, not 6-wide any more. So twice as much scrolling down through them. Which leads to...
    - You can't hold down a direction on the D-pad/stick/keyboard etc to scroll, it must be individual taps. Even mousewheel scrolling is painfully slow.
    - The preset I had selected when the chapter turnover happened - which, incidentally, was my main - got deleted, but everything was still selected so I didn't notice immediately. In the now-various presets, it was the third one on my 30+ (outfit) list. So to get them all back in "the right order" (for me) I need to, starting at the bottom, load each one and save it in the next slot, one at a time, until I free up the right slot. This is a very subjective "me" thing rather than an objective thing but dear god it's aggravating and was so unnecessary.
    - The colored backgrounds (for, say, Gaming Legends, Marvel, DC, Star Wars, etc) and colored rarity bar at the bottom for all your items? Gone. No more at-a-glance.
    - No more preset shuffle function. Gone.

I could go on, but as people on Reddit are also saying, it now makes changing cosmetics so annoying that it's actively discouraging me from wanting to buy any more, and if that's a widespread feeling it directly impacts their business model.

Enshittification is everywhere.

Jazz on
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    The new UI is actually ass. There is also no setting to just shuffle through your saved presets like before, or it is hidden in some crazy place I couldn't find after 10 minutes. Not a huge fan of the new crosshairs either. The movement stuff seemed a little weird to use too, but that might just be due to unfamiliarity. Also it wasn't really clear if there was a way to modify guns yourself or you just find the same guns with different mods.

• Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    https://youtu.be/GeKTrjGdJ2E

Was initially disappointed in the lack of Marvel/Star Wars(and other licensed things) LEGO stuff as they've been revealing it, but going by the musical sting at 1:55 and then the side wipe scene change to desert makes for a happy tease.

Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    The new UI is actually ass. There is also no setting to just shuffle through your saved presets like before, or it is hidden in some crazy place I couldn't find after 10 minutes. Not a huge fan of the new crosshairs either. The movement stuff seemed a little weird to use too, but that might just be due to unfamiliarity. Also it wasn't really clear if there was a way to modify guns yourself or you just find the same guns with different mods.

The shuffle of presets is gone. But how it would work with the new broken-up presets system, I have no idea, unless some form of link system is added. My presets had specific wraps and emotes per character, and now that's three things I have to change each time, not just one, and the last thing I'd want is them to shuffle independently. And that's assuming the game didn't delete what I'm looking for when the patch hit - which it did for several things. So dumb.

The movement is something there's a LOT of complaints on Reddit about, but I'm not minding it at all. Makes me think a little more about when to crouch-walk or sprint. I play zero build though, builders seem to be having more issues with it - I guess it's messing with muscle memory a bit.

As for the mods, there are weapon benches to tweak mod loadouts, but they're rare and gated behind bosses/vaults to the best of my knowledge. I've found one so far and can't remember where it is :lol: One nice touch is that if you mod a gun it renames it as yours, e.g. for you it might become Enigmedic's Nemesis AR or whatever.

• Options
    zm6kp13xni86.jpg

Nice solo victory last night, here being celebrated mid-dance. Rogue's been my main almost the whole time I've played, and with the annoyances of switching presets now I'm just using her more or less exclusively now. Which is not a hardship.

• Options
    edited December 2023
    Lego Fortnite is up, it's a survival crafting game (as a mode in the main game), and does what they usually do, except it's Lego and whatnot, it looks gorgeous and if you're into that sort of thing might be a good one of those. I struggle with them so I'm not the ideal candidate though. Lots of existing skins have been Lego-ified but not all (yet) - you don't need to double dip on them either, which is almost surprising really.

Jazz on
  • Options
    I finally got to dig into this season a little. I like the new map and the shooting feels good, maybe better? The movement is a little different in a way I'll have to get used to.

Turns out I'm still addicted to mariokart so I've mostly been playing the racing game.

I like to ART
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I legit just got into the nite of forts and its been fun playing some br, some lego, and I just started doing the racing which feels simple at first but when you see someone using all the tools and annihilating your ass its like "ok not that simple"

Also I have 6 br wins none in ranked though because Ranked is like "what if we made miserable an experience."

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Looks I'll probably top out on the racing at Diamond 3 because the grind past that is hilarious.

I apparently hate survival games, the lego thing did nothing for me.

Base game is still good and fun.

I like to ART
  • Options
    edited March 9
    Chapter 5 Season 2: Myths & Mortals is up and running. Greek mythology is the flavor this time, and after a look over the battle pass and a look around in one match it looks good so far. Mount Olympus (in the southeast) and The Underworld (in the northwest) are new locations.

Jazz on