The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions
. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum
. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Ideal 'Setup/Loadout' for cosplay at PAX East?
I'm currently speculating going to PAX East 2018 as my first PAX. I know it's early, and that's kind of the plan. I'm a cosplayer in Ontario, Canada. My cosplays tend to be involved (long suit-up/undress times, large props, low mobility, and prosthetics). If you wouldn't mind, could you answer some outsider questions for me? (I've already looked up the cosplay weapon rules)
- When I'm at the con itself, I'm there to cosplay. Is there any sort of premium/VIP attendee pass that cuts through lineups so that I can get to a place safely on the show floor?
- Is the Westin the closest/most accessible hotel to the con? Is any hotel directly attached?
- Are there cosplay recovery/break lounges at the BCEC? (No photography allowed, place to sit down and redo straps)
- Is there any sort of official bag/coat check where you can pay to store things?
- Is there any official costume contest?
- I know that any crowd is a throng, and PAX is dense with people. In general, though, are they generally aware of the cosplay =/= consent? I will have a handler if I cosplay. Will that be enough to stay safe?
- Does the convention centre openly allow outside food (store-bought snacks and the like?)
- Are there any infamous and known (BAD/scammy) photographers to say no to?
- If you tell me which hotel is the most accessible, should I book it before or after I have tickets in my inbox? Should I book them the day the official dates are announced?
- Are there any cosplay events outside the con worth going to over the weekend?
Any other advice is welcome.