Options

[Chat]Ster Hunter WORLD!

PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
https://youtu.be/TabfYnNFAac

FUCK YEAH DESERTS AND MONSTERS FUCK YEAH!

https://youtu.be/TrZSAKS7NFI

A little video on how things work

https://youtu.be/vgBhaRZhsFY

And of course everyone's favorite HEAVY GOD DAMN WEAPONS!!!

Also like I guess Trump did something today?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Hold on while I hit this tail 100 times.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    hot take: Landshark is a butt

200.gif

:?

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Loo years of beauty-anime

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    So is Monster Hunter Shadow of the Collosus like? Because I could go for that.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote:
    The tyranny of the majority is pretty irrelevant here given that most of those people are citing common human frustration (disatisfying work/love life) and not like, actual dire circumstances. Which isn't to say that those experiences aren't meaningful or affecting but that they are not the sum of the day.

This seems strikingly incorrect!

• Options
    JebusUD wrote: »

It really doesn't fit into any specific mold. People compare it to dark souls because it has a lot of unexplained systems and the combat system hasn't changed since its inception...

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Is Monster Hunter World an MMO? Or multiplayer? Or can I beat up innocent creatures all by myself?

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    holy shit i spent a little bit of time this morning wanting to play a game that WASNT overwatch

uh castle and elki and shark want to play gigantic some more?

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular

it's not as stripped-down, there's a lot of item management and resource grinding and stuff to go with the monster fighting

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    @coinage how dare u disparage ninjas

• Options
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Is Monster Hunter World an MMO? Or multiplayer? Or can I beat up innocent creatures all by myself?

It's kind of like a PSO. You can do solo and group stuff, at a certain level of hunter rank you end up really only doing multiplayer.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    like as much as SotC is japanese, monster hunter games are like

the other type of japanese game

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    Zampanov wrote: »

it's not as stripped-down, there's a lot of item management and resource grinding and stuff to go with the monster fighting

I like the idea of crafting items from monsters to fight more monsters but not huge into the grind.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    VikBiKf.jpg

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Zampanov wrote: »

I like the idea of crafting items from monsters to fight more monsters but not huge into the grind.

I'll say it's been a long time since I played one of these so I dunno how grindy it is these days, but expect some grind

the good news is, the combat loop is super fun so you at least partially grind on accident anyway

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »

this is one of my favorites

• Options
    bold move voyager going with an episode about how to craft a good story with compelling characters

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Steve Bannon out

WORLD STAR!!!~ :whistle:

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

Not really, there isn't like any climbing to find weakpoints and stuff like that. They've made it a lot more active in the last iterations but generally the combat is pretty deliberate, souls-y I guess. Combat maneuvering was very dependent on your weapon type so there's a very big difference in the feel and mobility between the different types. Typically you are focusing on one big bad at a time, sometimes two, but there will be other little enemies around. Monsters do usually have less armored parts but it'll be like, an arm or their head or their tail or something not just like one specific point you have to target.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

It really doesn't fit into any specific mold. People compare it to dark souls because it has a lot of unexplained systems and the combat system hasn't changed since its inception...

It's a game of fighting dragons with fantasy strong men who handle like old tractors

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Fuck,

Chu is right. Being old sucks. I just stepped on a baby toy and now my foot kills.

This would have never happened to be at 18.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Tell him gooey

sig.gif
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I am really bored and want to go home and paint models.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I am angry that this game I have no interest in isn't coming to Nintendo

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Fuck,

Chu is right. Being old sucks. I just stepped on a baby toy and now my foot kills.

*scatters legos in front you*

Catch me now, James Bond!

*flee*

• Options
    *looks at picture in recipe book*

Xn4p2fl.jpg

*looks at what I made*

Bcge6Cj.jpg?1

eh close enough

@kedinik

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Hearts of Iron is really suspenseful if you're an idiot

The game starts in the pre-war years - one of the first major actions that occurs is that the German Reich moves troops into the Rhineland, openly breaking the terms of the treaty of Versailles

Not too long after, the Spanish Civil War starts

But now we're in a bit of a lull, and it's fantastic

Because I'm so dumb, I don't know when the Second World War started

1938 I'm pretty sure, but day and month? Fuck me, May? May sounds like a good time to invade Poland, I dunno!

• Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    Qanamil wrote: »
    Steve Bannon out

WORLD STAR!!!~ :whistle:

Since Trump seems to be carrying over his whole fire someone every week format, can that KKK member AG Sessions be next?

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Fell in the shower this morning. I am certainly in pain now.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    VikBiKf.jpg

I always imagined the sarlacc would hook you up with a tube for all orifices (all) and the sarlacc would nurse you as part of a horribly inefficient digestive process, and eventually your DNA would be replaced with sarlacc DNA and you would become one with the worm

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Fuck,

God damnit people stop dying

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    In the original Star Wars EU continuity, the Sarlacc was basically a god within its own stomach. It basically hooks itself up to its victim's brains, torturing them and integrating their knowledge. They effectively become part of the Sarlacc's biology as their original bodies are digested and merged with the Sarlacc's stomach.

It is Luke who is the stupid.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    In the original Star Wars EU continuity, the Sarlacc was basically a god within its own stomach. It basically hooks itself up to its victim's brains, torturing them and integrating their knowledge. They effectively become part of the Sarlacc's biology as their original bodies are digested and merged with the Sarlacc's stomach.

from my point of view it is the EU that is

wandering on
  • Options
    Eddy wrote: »
    VikBiKf.jpg

I always imagined the sarlacc would hook you up with a tube for all orifices (all) and the sarlacc would nurse you as part of a horribly inefficient digestive process, and eventually your DNA would be replaced with sarlacc DNA and you would become one with the worm

What

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Fuck,

God damnit people stop dying

Don't worry desc, I'm gonna be young and beautiful forever! Thanks to that deal I made with that gypsy where I sacrified Override to h-

I mean

Nothing

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular

Oh fuck yeah

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Just ignore the sarlaac thing, it would suck to die in its stomach, there, that's all you need to know.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Hearts of Iron is really suspenseful if you're an idiot

The game starts in the pre-war years - one of the first major actions that occurs is that the German Reich moves troops into the Rhineland, openly breaking the terms of the treaty of Versailles

Not too long after, the Spanish Civil War starts

But now we're in a bit of a lull, and it's fantastic

Because I'm so dumb, I don't know when the Second World War started

1938 I'm pretty sure, but day and month? Fuck me, May? May sounds like a good time to invade Poland, I dunno!

If you're ever at an international conference of historians, you can use that question to start a brawl.

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Falling in the shower makes me think of 30 Rock and and Fey's fear of dying alone in her apartment which is totally going to happen to me since I don't actually talk to people all that much and work comms are usually sporadic D:

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »

from my point of view it is the EU that is

Isn't that most peoples point of view? You're not anakin off the reservation with these hot takes wandering.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
This discussion has been closed.