Options

It's the [Wrestling] Thread, Bay Bay!

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    blaze_zero wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    I really hope there isn't a racist tinge to waht I'm gonna say... I think I'm clear

every time I think about them giving Kairi the title I think about the episode of the League where the one guy is dating an asian woman and breaks up with her and he is about to date another asian woman but someone at work says hey, if you do that people will think you have an asian thing. so he dates a white woman really quick (like 1 date where he's a huge asshole) just to clean the palate before dating the second asian woman.

...ahem.

So, what happens when it goes from a Caucasian person to a Caucasian person? That’s fine?

oh I didn't mean for a second to imply they shouldn't do it for that reason or that it would be bad and I'm sorry if it comes across that way, it just reminds me of the episode.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    Oh, whoops. I totally misread then. My bad.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    That would kind of mirror how Affirmative Action most favors white women and disproportionately negatively effects Asians.

...what I'm saying here is that now's Liv Morgan's time to shine!

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    So Bryan Alvarez really, really disliked the hard way headbutt spot last night.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    It's been really really really uncomfortable to see more wrestlers do/companies allow hardway headbutt spots post-Shibata

• Options
    It's been really really really uncomfortable to see more wrestlers do/companies allow hardway headbutt spots post-Shibata

I wouldn't be surprised if it was spontaneous. Vince and Owens were obviously calling their spots during the handshake and maybe Kevin got overzealous because it was such a big angle for him.

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    There have been enough crazy Vince stories (like the Kofi one) that I wouldn't doubt Vince telling Owens to hit him as hard as he could. But we'll probably never know for sure.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    if you read Vince's lips he says "hit me as hard as you can"

Xehalus on
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    I'm very happy that Drew Gulak has been getting to do some fun stuff lately. He was so dry when they brought him in and I think a lot of fans were ready to write him off as a boring guy with no character, but he's really funny and witty when given the chance.

• Options
    I'm very happy that Drew Gulak has been getting to do some fun stuff lately. He was so dry when they brought him in and I think a lot of fans were ready to write him off as a boring guy with no character, but he's really funny and witty when given the chance.

Being around Chikara for so long, shitty owner aside, I don't see how you'd not gain good comedic timing.

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    It still makes me laugh that he's basically doing his "For a Better Combat Zone" shitck in WWE. Even the shirt design is the same.

• Options
    DJlRlc_XgAAsSnf?format=jpg&name=small

Is that Yano or the next Harry Potter

• Options
    edited September 2017
    According to PWinsider.com, NXT’s ROH trio, featuring Adam Cole, Kyle O’Reilly and Bobby Fish, have been named “The Undisputed Era.”

And WWE just put out a shirt with that name so it's legit

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Strange decision not to use the female ref in the MYC final.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    According to PWinsider.com, NXT’s ROH trio, featuring Adam Cole, Kyle O’Reilly and Bobby Fish, have been named “The Undisputed Era.”

And WWE just put out a shirt with that name so it's legit
    That's a bad name

just call them Undisputed

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Their tag line is "Shock the System"

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Their tag line is "Shock the System"

It should be shock the future. Don't they want to make clever references to their old tag Name? You can't just put shock in there and please me.

• Options
    If those shirts are available tomorrow I might get one.

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular

Fuck that is weird.

• Options
    never die wrote: »

Fuck that is weird.

Well hopefully she's not going to call female matches only.

• Options
    So the Full Sail tapings for tomorrow have finally been rescheduled... to this Thursday.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Is the Full Sail arena connected to the campus like that?

Just called Full Sail and yep, it's not happening. Waiting for a WWE notification now. They really should just wait till next week.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular

I'm guessing they wanted someone with a bit more experience out there for a live broadcast, just in case something went bad and they had to Ziggler the match back together on the fly.

13iepvv6o8ip.png
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Brock v. Reigns should last 46 seconds and end with Brock stuffing Reigns in the back of a dog catcher van so The Big Dog gets sent to the pound.

Careful, it's that kind of thinking that could lead us to another Dog Kennel from Hell match.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Dammit I will get to Full Sail before my adventure to the Middle East.

• Options
    A guy in the crowd at the end says "text the president and deport him" to Vince.

That beatdown was great, it's how a proper heel should be acting, my only criticism being he doesn't have that story hook like an iron-clad contract or the WWE title to really justify him not just getting fired. I did like that Stephanie didn't lay a hand on him though when she came out. Hopefully this is a push that puts him on route to the WWE title again. Age is a bitch though, it's hard to believe that's the same roid-monster who would go one on one with Austin.

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Is the Full Sail arena connected to the campus like that?

Just called Full Sail and yep, it's not happening. Waiting for a WWE notification now. They really should just wait till next week.

Yeah. Full Sail has grown to take over numerous strip malls over the years, but the arena is right next to other Full Sail buildings. It's possible they don't even have power yet.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    NXT doesn't need new content till September 27th anyway. Just set the tapings on the 20th or 21st and call it a day.

Assuming power is back on by then.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Or, and this is the best idea because it involves me not driving 450 miles to Florida, host the next tapings at Center Stage in downtown Atlanta. This would screw over Full Sail, and ticket sales and refunds would be a clusterfuck, but if Orlando is truly fucked for power for the foreseeable future they have to tape new content soon anyway.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    Just watched the Owens/McMahon segment, and my first thought was that it was totally in-character for Scrap Daddy Adam Pearce to not put his body on the line to protect Vince from that frog splash.

Really, though, what could he have done that wouldn't have made it worse?

"I'll protect you, Mr. McMahon!" *throws himself in Owens' way to use as a human shield; Vince is then crushed by two people*

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    OK nevermind, the Full Sail tapings are still happening tomorrow.

Talking to the campus again to make sure I can get in since it's authorized personnel only notifications so far.

• Options
    ezgif-1-58b908d19c.gif

I can't see anywhere in there for him to blade, it's weird though, like it's bleeding from lots of tiny holes. I don't know if that's just what happens or if he was pre-injured on purpose so it'd be easy to open up again.

• Options
    I think it is pretty likely that the 70 year old man just bled because he got headbutted by a very strong dude

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    2K18 has an open Backstage during MyCareer that acts as a sort of hub, where you can decide what you want to do. IE, instead of the game saying YOU ARE FEUDING WITH MIZ now, you can bump up against Miz backstage and pick a fight with him, or not, and go with a different feud. Also they changed the 2 paths to be a Company Man, where you try to appease your show's GM as much as possible and get perks like being able to go to Vince's office and ask for match changes in your favor, or the Fan Favorite where you just try to be the best you can be and get perks from Legends hanging out at various shows whose respect you have earned.

It'll probably be clunky as fuck but I like that they are leaning into the fact that these are TV show productions more

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    2K18 has an open Backstage during MyCareer that acts as a sort of hub, where you can decide what you want to do. IE, instead of the game saying YOU ARE FEUDING WITH MIZ now, you can bump up against Miz backstage and pick a fight with him, or not, and go with a different feud. Also they changed the 2 paths to be a Company Man, where you try to appease your show's GM as much as possible and get perks like being able to go to Vince's office and ask for match changes in your favor, or the Fan Favorite where you just try to be the best you can be and get perks from Legends hanging out at various shows whose respect you have earned.

It'll probably be clunky as fuck but I like that they are leaning into the fact that these are TV show productions more

It reminds me of how some of it worked in Smackdown: Shut Your Mouth for the PS2

• Options
    Yeah I think I will get that Undisputed Era shirt tomorrow. Gotta support the three lovely boys.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    I imagine the backstage convo went something like this:

"Kevin... Kevin you gotta headbutt me in the face Kevin. It's gotta be real, you gotta bust me open."
    "Uh... oh jeez I dunno Mr. McMahon, couldn't I just make it a worked headbutt and..."
    "KEVIN OWENS YOU WANNA BE THE NEXT STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN YOU BUST MY SKULL OPEN IN FRONT OF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE"
    "aw jeez oh man okay"

• Options
    Kevin Owens ain't no Morty

CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.