As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] 30th Anniversary Fest Tonight! Free 30 pull to get you started.

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Shit guys, lets not forget his access to Support 3! Intimidate + the busters? Fucking crazy.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I use Armor Break on my Magicite kills.

Because Cid (VII) is a terrible, terrible character.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    There's a difference there.

The difference being that I can think of a reason to make and hone the Shell attacks for Machinists. It's been a long-ass time side I even considered making a 4* Spellblade, since the 3* ones cap super easily on an endgame team.

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    I think the worst part about the 4* spellblades is that they are only 16.67% stronger than the 3* spellblades. Meanwhile, Black Magic is over there chilling out with 4* abilities that are 83.67% stronger than 3* abilities.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    A steak! wrote: »
    Oh yeah, lets all get wet for Spellblade 3.

Compared to Leaping Rush? Hell yes.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Well, I guess the 160 is soloable at least.

Really hate how these 4* motes are just continually locked behind MP bosses.

Characters
  • Options
    I enjoy the multiplayer fights, but I do have a group of people to do them with consistently so that helps. It might be worth checking the FFRK subreddit's Discord, or just trying room 7891, if you aren't able to organize a time to do it with Penny Arcade people.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I think I'm done farming Fireguy for awhile; got a 99 Mom Bomb and an 80/99 Liquid Flame, and a 65 Salamander, or a 65 Mom Bomb if I feel like it. Guess I'll start going down the line and start farming Sealion next.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Ping me in discord if you are around, I need to knock off that thing tonight too.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Re: the above, we're still looking for one more person, preferably with Wall for the MP.

Characters
  • Options
    Thanks @38thDoe @Javen & @Wyvern for the super smooth 220! That was surprisingly not-hairpulling.

Characters
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    I'd probably end up going Vanille there if I end up pulling (that's the gems only one, right?). Only healer bursts I've got right now are Eiko, Y'sh, and Aerith. First two are great, but an instant entry can be super nice sometimes (and then when you start talking that multiple teams thing I get nervous).
    No, that was a Mythril one.
    For people debating about whether the fest selection banner is worth it or not, remember that all of the fest banners are going to be full of BSB+ items. They don't have any SSBs on them. So you gotta compare the worth of the one selectable BSB and a banner full of random SSBs versus a banner that is completely full of BSB+ stuff.

Personally I'm thinking about biting on it for Vanille's BSB, but I'm going to have to think about it again once it and the fest banners are confirmed.
    Yeah but I mean I could pull on a Fest banner and go 1/11 dupe like always or I could pull on this one and get 1/11 piece of shit + a BSB that I want.
    Enlong wrote: »
    When is the next opportunity to get Shantotto's Iridal Staff?

Also: Shantotto or Ashe: both have their Enlightning BSB. Who should be the next target for a Legend Dive that requires Spirit Motes? Possible tipping point: Shantotto is also a key player in my Ice team, due to her ability to contribute to a Shiva Ice Chain started by Rinoa.
    Shantotto has Trance, Ashe has doublecast. If you're comfortable working around trance modes and fights that only last that long, there's attraction there, as it's a 25% DPS increase from the shortcharge (sort of...Shantotto has fastcast already so she gets less benefit from this) + 30% MAG on top of that. On the other hand, straight up 35% doublecast and Ashe has a much, much better BSB.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    @Spectrum I should legend-dive Yda, shouldn't I? I haven't got a chance to give her a whirl in Magicites yet, but she has doublecast Monk on her LM2 which is like, if I'm going to go full on Monk, it would be nice if Piercing Strike, Lifebane, and her BSB CMD1 had a 35% chance to cast twice.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    Aegis wrote: »
    Spectrum I should legend-dive Yda, shouldn't I? I haven't got a chance to give her a whirl in Magicites yet, but she has doublecast Monk on her LM2 which is like, if I'm going to go full on Monk, it would be nice if Piercing Strike, Lifebane, and her BSB CMD1 had a 35% chance to cast twice.
    Answering on discord but copying here for the record:
    Basically comes down to who else she's competing against.

5* motes are actually roughly equal in acquisition, even if we may be temporarily lopsided. That means you need to do a set of dives that end up with balanced consumption for a rotation or else you're going to end up potentially with a glut of awkward motes you can't spend (ie don't end up with Spirit+Dex or Vit, you can't do anything with that).

This means you need to dive a full rotation as either 3/1/1/1/1/3 or 4/0/0/2/2/2 or 2/2/2/0/0/4 for Mage/Knight/Hybrid/Speed/Support/Physical dives.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    I have to manually target when farming this fuck because of the stupid flames and my only imperil wind being AoE.

This is unacceptable.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    MummBrahMummBrah Registered User regular
    hmm

i've been unable to get past the loading screen for FFRK all day, this is a new one. the app is just chilling trying to decide if it wants to get to the title screen

turning my phone off didn't do anything - is this another one of those "wait it out" things?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    I haven't heard of that one, maybe make sure the app is updated properly? I think there was an iOS update not too long ago, not sure about Android though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    MummBrah wrote: »
    hmm

i've been unable to get past the loading screen for FFRK all day, this is a new one. the app is just chilling trying to decide if it wants to get to the title screen

turning my phone off didn't do anything - is this another one of those "wait it out" things?
    On the splash screen? That happened to me last week. I had to go to application settings and clear the cache to fix it.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Easy VII 3-man CM. Not even worth a write-up.

Back to farming Power Orbs from Ruby Dragon.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    Wyvern wrote: »
    hmm

On the splash screen? That happened to me last week. I had to go to application settings and clear the cache to fix it.

this fixed it! thanks a ton

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Torment VII time! I have been looking forward to this. The last time it came around my best synergy wind damage was Zack. Cloud BSB2 changes the score significantly. Burst through the CM with mastery even though I forgot to bring a break. Team was Cloud BSB2, Zack BSB, Reno with Silence Buster (and BSB mostly for fun), Ramza for USB, Chant, Shout, and Raijin for his wonderful SSB. 3 man CM, but with the forgotten break Mastery was tigh but mad it. This will be much smoother if I don't have use Silence Buster for a round to gum up the works.

• Options
    DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Gi Nattak CMs complete.
    200: Sephiroth (BSB), Cloud (USB), Cid (not!Shout), Nanaki (BSB), Aerith (Default).
    RW Cloud BSB2
    JS: Cloud, Cid, Faris (USB), Aerith, Yshtola (SSII, BSB). Forgot to bring breaks, still mastered.
    RW Cloud BSB2

Aerith's default SB casts 100% silence. Great for medal conditions and fully mitigating the Soul Fires.

Daffydd on
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Daffydd wrote: »
    Gi Nattak CMs complete.
    200: Sephiroth (BSB), Cloud (USB), Cid (not!Shout), Nanaki (BSB), Aerith (Default).
    RW Cloud BSB2
    JS: Cloud, Cid, Faris (USB), Aerith, Yshtola (SSII, BSB). Forgot to bring breaks, still mastered.
    RW Cloud BSB2

Aerith's default SB casts 100% silence. Great for medal conditions and fully mitigating the Soul Fires.

It's only 60%, but yeah, perfect for this fight.

• Options
    Is the medal condition for the 200/250 when it says "Attack an enemy with a wind attack" actually truthful? Or is it like the Jump Start where it want you to wait until he's vulnerable?

Characters
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Hydra down to 1:06.21, with primary DPS still at level 86, and with both DPS dying right before the end due to some unlucky timing. DEFINITELY going to get that below a minute without too much trouble. Presumably master, too.

So then probably down to grinding Sea Lion over and over until I reach the point that my magicite of choice is strong enough to tackle Fenrir.

• Options
    Is the medal condition for the 200/250 when it says "Attack an enemy with a wind attack" actually truthful? Or is it like the Jump Start where it want you to wait until he's vulnerable?

The Soul Fires are always weak to wind.

• Options

Whoops, thanks!

Characters
  • Options

As is Gi Nattak.

Also, you don't need to wait until it's vulnerable for the medal condition.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    And Torment down, 1CM only, with this silly party.

Setup:
    laiY9nal.png7qEaFYml.png
    Egged Reno to 80 and 3* dived
    Had to remake Wind Slash just to hit the medal condition, feelsbadman
    Also made Silence Shell also for the medal condition

https://youtu.be/57mdU6DNI9I

Not really sure what I can do for a higher CM

Yuffie BSB
    Reno BSB, SSB
    Red XIII SSB1, SSB2
    Cloud SB2, BSB1
    Tifa SB3

I just can't figure out who else can steal a spot and still manage a victory, because he opens his wind weakness so late. Everyone does piddly damage early without that and even after that the physical damage numbers don't look that impressive.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    ArcTangent wrote: »

As is Gi Nattak.

Not until you get him below a certain threshold is he weak to Wind.

• Options

As is Gi Nattak.

Incorrect. The 200 and 250 versions are always weak to wind.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular

As is Gi Nattak.

If you hit him with imperil wind and follow up with a wind attack, that counts, too. It's how I get the water weakness medal condition against Geocities despite bringing a lightning team - Rikku imperils with her second bar, then hits the weakness with the follow-up BSB entry.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Darklyre wrote: »

As is Gi Nattak.

If you hit him with imperil wind and follow up with a wind attack, that counts, too. It's how I get the water weakness medal condition against Geocities despite bringing a lightning team - Rikku imperils with her second bar, then hits the weakness with the follow-up BSB entry.

It's an incorrectly translated medal condition anyway. You just need to use a water attack, regardless of whether it's currently weak or not.

ジオスゲイノに水属性攻撃

"Use a water element attack against Greasy. "

Same goes for Nattak but with wind.

E: Huh. The wording for the Gi Nattak is actually really weird.
    ギ・ナタタク戦で敵の魔力を下げた
    ギ・ナタタク戦で敵に風属性攻撃
    ソウルファイアを沈黙状態にした

Setting aside the third one (silence a soul fire), the first two are "While fighting Gi Nattak, lower (an) enemy('s) magic/use a wind attack against an enemy." Although now that I think about it, it's probably a carryover from the 200/250 where they would need to specify. It's just really weird when there's nothing BUT that fight.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    hahaha, fuck. Cloud EX Mode up and expires a frame before the cast bar for Cloud's third BSB2 activation completes. Then Cloud dies before he can finish the follow-up combo to correct that mistake.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Fuck archaeoaevis

That is all

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Fuck archaeoaevis

That is all

That bedamned clapperclaw has made a fool out of many warriors.

• Options
    I can suffer through to his transition then I keep getting juuust barely fucked before I can get a medica triggered

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Damn, Cloud BSB2 and Zack LCSB/BSB are ridiculous together. I just took out the 200 CM without ever using a medica or even Cloud USB (I RW'd Wall instead). Cait Sith BSB and Cid Shout helped Cloud cap everything.

In other news, I've been farming Hydra, and I finally got my fourth Hydra magicite to drop. All I need is another two Enlils and two Humbabas and I'll be done with this stupid RNG-fest. After that, I can take these freshly-leveled lightning magicites and repeatedly beat Bismarck's face in.

Darklyre on
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    3-man CM'd the Gi Nattak Jumpstart. Ramza (Shout, Chant, HT), Cait Sith (Shared Medica), Cloud (BSB2), Aerith (Seal Evil), Faris (Serpent's Gale).

Turns out that Ramza with the ridiculous combo of Shout, Chant, and History's Truth can turn someone using RW UCS into a complete monster.

Which is good, because I had to forgo Wall to make this work. Time was my enemy.

Enlong on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Managed a pub team for both MP. 160 wasn't bad - just first group that came together whalloped it.

Second one was interesting because it was just two of us (effectively - two of the people couldn't connect). We mostly sleepwalked through the first one, but the second one had a ton of clutch heal-alls from someone, or landing major regenga on everyone, or whatever. At the end, one of our three healers had died (but wall was still up from her), and my Eiko was confused. But enough buffs were on enough people that we just whallopped the last 33% of health or so (led by a 99999 OSB hit).

This discussion has been closed.