Options

[FFBE] New story event with Duke and Mystea! Get your crysts, and fan festa rewards

• Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    Did the expeditions and arena. Did two raids. Used about 25 energy.

*Sigh*

At least I got my daily login. And I got the 5k lapis, which is like 7000 energy for me.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Saving that lapis up for Cloud... I can now do 2 10+1 pulls... I need more!

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »

Do you want Cloud out of unit usefulness/TMR or are you a big fan of Cloud/FFVII? Just curious.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Cruor wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »

Do you want Cloud out of unit usefulness/TMR or are you a big fan of Cloud/FFVII? Just curious.

FF7 was a turning point for me in regards to RPGs. Until then I liked them... But after FF7 it was basically what I played exclusively. Went back and played all the old ones... Bought a ton of ones that I missed on the SNES (Lufia 2, oh how I love you) and just overall changed what games I enjoyed for almost a decade.

Plus I really like the Buster Sword.

urahonky on
  • Options
    Plus his TMR is supposed to be slick.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    I was hooked after playing the original FF/watching my older brother play it while I acted out the battles. I'd love for them to do a new FF Event/Banner that has the original units (with original blocky sprites, ideally) as Gacha units. I'd pull SO HARD for BLKMAGE. Super bonus points if they were to have CHAOS be a 5* base unit.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    In my case, the thing that got me into JRPGs was FFVI.

You can imagine how happy I am at the general treatment of the FFVI cast in this game.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Drascin wrote: »
    In my case, the thing that got me into JRPGs was FFVI.

You can imagine how happy I am at the general treatment of the FFVI cast in this game.

For real. It's a damn shame.

Admittedly I have yet to finish FF6. I was pretty close on the WiiU VC, but got sidetracked.

About how long is it? I have a week off from work maybe I'll finish it.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Setzer is chain god king with his "brah" Edgar. Sabin, Cyan, Shadow and Gau suck and skip merrilly on the Veldt, while both versions of Terra are pretty good and Kefka is decent. Leo is TMR fodder and Celes has one game-breaking ability that is incredibly niche.

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    You can probably guess what my favorite Square RPG is.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    I think the term god king is an exaggeration of Setzer's ability to chain. He's okay for a four star.

[edit] Game is back up.

[edit] I learned my lesson. Empty all raid orbs first.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    Magus` wrote: »

Secret of Evermore, clearly.

• Options
    I think FFVI was too popular to get good representation, honestly. This game launched with a large contingent of FFVI characters because they are so popular, and they just haven't been able to keep up with the power creep. I mean, Alim/Gumi could always go back and actually give some more of these units 5/6* forms like they did with Terra and Kefka, or add in new forms like JP version did with some FFIV characters. Also, I'd love to see Strago/Umaru/Gogo/Mog/Relm/Bannon/Maduin/God of Magic Kefka get added, but that's just wishful thinking.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

Treasure of the Rudras?

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest.

• Options
    Yeah, this game just seems to suffer from some real bad powercreep, from my limited experience here.

• Options
    Cruor wrote: »
    I think FFVI was too popular to get good representation, honestly. This game launched with a large contingent of FFVI characters because they are so popular, and they just haven't been able to keep up with the power creep. I mean, Alim/Gumi could always go back and actually give some more of these units 5/6* forms like they did with Terra and Kefka, or add in new forms like JP version did with some FFIV characters. Also, I'd love to see Strago/Umaru/Gogo/Mog/Relm/Bannon/Maduin/God of Magic Kefka get added, but that's just wishful thinking.

Shadow, Cyan, and Edgar were garbage when the game started, though.

• Options
    Oh hey, thanks for Werei #2 free summon. I can stop pulling on this banner completely now. Weeee.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Cyan was ok, I used him to defeat the White Dragon and most of the first story area. The rest I'll give ya.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    I feel old when I say that the "free" Dragon Quest which was bundled into a Nintendo Power subscription was my first RPG and what got me into the game (and thus pushed me to save my allowance for Final Fantasy)

|| Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    EggyToast wrote: »
    I feel old when I say that the "free" Dragon Quest which was bundled into a Nintendo Power subscription was my first RPG and what got me into the game (and thus pushed me to save my allowance for Final Fantasy)

I'm just as old. Born in 81. I didn't get the Nintendo Power copy of Dragon "Warrior" but it was definitely the first RPG I played because a neighbour in my building who my mom babysat for had an older brother who got it.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    I saw the news about the repeat event and got all excited for an off chance at Aileen. Welp!

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    That helm is nice, at least for people who didn't get a shot before.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    ha I was born in 82 but didn't a game system till an SNES late in the life cycle. Dad owned a PC store so I was more PC oriented when young. First RPG was on the sega game gear called 'Defenders of Oasis'. 2nd RPG didn't happen till Super Mario RPG. Funny even with the title having RPG in it, I just thought of it as a Mario game. Like Urahonky, it wasn't till FF7 that RPG has a genre hit hard enough, I went out seeking other games in it.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Drascin wrote: »

Secret of Evermore, clearly.

Actually, yes. Really underated.

• Options
    I was born in 87, so by the time I got to the age where I started appreciating RPGs, the SNES era has passed. I had access to a computer, though, and emulators had started to be a thing, so I played all the classic RPGs on the PC.

Chrono Trigger was the big one. Final Fantasy was okay, but none of the characters endeared themselves to me as much as the CT characters. They're all so memorable. I went through top 20 lists and played all the classics.

Except FFIX on the playstation. I love that game so much.

Breath of Fire II was great, and Earthbound, and Tales of Phantasia, which I don't think had an official translation back then. Neither did Star Ocean.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    My first RPGs were PC stuff like Eye of the Beholder and Stonekeep, and also text-based MUDs.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I played a number of games on NES, Sega, & SNES growing up, but my first long-lasting RPG experience happened when our new computer came with a bundle of 5 "random" games CDs:

* Baldur's Gate
    * Descent 3
    * Freespace 2
    * Mechwarrior 3
    * I honestly forget what the 5th one was since I was too busy playing the previous 4.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    With the influx of lapis, I think I'm going to put some towards equipment and material slots. They're not that expensive and they're permanent.

I mean, I haven't gotten a golden or rainbow crystal from dailies in over a month. That's a lot of lapis I wasted, even with the free dailies this week. I could have expanded by inventory 15* slots per day instead. That would have been the better investment.

[edit]* 12.5 slots per day. I'm too tired to math.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    Rius wrote: »
    My first RPGs were PC stuff like Eye of the Beholder and Stonekeep, and also text-based MUDs.

I played one MUD, BlackMUD, and I played it for a few years. Man, what a great game that was. I still have gaming buddies that I met through that game.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I use to play a few MUDs on middle school, really got me into pcs

• Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    Well, I don't feel as old, but I was born in '80. I definitely spent a good few minutes as a 10 year old finishing the game with "no" and "but thou must!" just to see if it was possible. It's weird to think back on an RPG where hitting for damage in the 10s was a big deal.

|| Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Welp, i got the 5k lapis on my nox laptop... guess ill just hold onto it. between the two 10+1 tickets we will get this coming week and my current lapis, i'll have 4 10+1 pulls on an upcoming banner... will see if clouds after asyka.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    So soon I'll have 2 10+1 pulls and 5k lapis...but this banner sucks and I hate it

• Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    My first RPG was actually released the same year as I was; Advanced Dungeons and Dragons: Treasure of Tarmin for the Intellivision.. it was very much an early Wizardry/Eye of the Beholder/Dungeon Master style game.
    I'm not even sure when I first played it, but I've been fighting skeletons for at least 30 years now.
    Dragon Warrior was the first RPG I actually put a lot of time into while knowing what I was doing. (Dear DQ Builders: Come out on PC so I can play you!)
    Breath of Fire 1 was a fun game.. But Breath of Fire 2 won my heart. (Can we get a BoF2 event for FFBE? I will whale hard to draw Ryu and Katt.)
    FF7 was the first Final Fantasy game I beat, I'd played bits and pieces of others, including gameboy ones, but it took until 7 for me to really get invested.

In more FFBE related stuff, 5000 Lapis from hackers, 900 Compensation, and then another 150 in compensation is.. pretty nice I think?
    I'm not going to be getting all the individual rewards, once I make it to the 10% trust moogle, I'm probably gonna leave the raid alone.
    I'm not too keen on fighting constantly to stay at this 2 summon ticket rank.

SutibunRi on
  • Options
    Almost time to rank up again. Whoo!

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    '76 here, D&D was technically my first RPG but as far as gaming goes that honor falls to Dragon Warrior on the NES, followed by Final Fantasy and then a long string of others. I didn't expect to spend nearly as much time with this game as I have, so hopefully it's got a good long development tail on it.

More on-topic, I'm up to 13k lapis and still trying to decide whether or not to pull on the Ayaka banner when it comes along. I already have most of the top-tier healers in the game (though not all kitted out), but her skillset looks pretty solid and maybe would be a better help against Aigaion as he's the next big challenge for me that will give me an appreciable upgrade.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    I don't have Tilith so I'm considering Ayaka now. Enhanced Luka is a seriously high quality healer now, even without full enhancements, so I may hold until Mistair's banner. Ayaka's not limited anyways.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Is the raid summon worth using this time? Otherwise gonna sell the coins.