As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV] Job Action trailer out now. So shiny!

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    So, while questing, I saw a FATE with a dragoon named "Alaimbert of the Spiked Butt", who basically challenged me to a duel. After a few minutes of him doing fancy maneuvers and constantly making references to his...butt, and then he ran off, saying we'd meet again.

So almost immediately, another FATE pops up with some voidsent to kill, and who should show up is... Alaimbert of the Spiked Butt, but this time he's on my side, and he's still constantly making references to his... butt.

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    what's the problem

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    I don't know, I might be tired...but I think I spent a good fifteen minutes laughing at the absurdity of it all.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    I don't know, I might be tired...but I think I spent a good fifteen minutes laughing at the absurdity of it all.

Welcome to the mind of Koji Fox.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Stormblood thoughts (not even close to done yet)

Susano is a cool guy

That is all

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular

I'm pretty sure in the Heavensward Dragoon quests they point out that Ishgardian Dragoons cover their armor with spikes, ostensibly to inflect more damage on Dravanians when they jump, but that this also significantly inhibits their daily lives.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Roegadyn

I'm pretty sure in the Heavensward Dragoon quests they point out that Ishgardian Dragoons cover their armor with spikes, ostensibly to inflect more damage on Dravanians when they jump, but that this also significantly inhibits their daily lives.

One thing that gets pointed out is that because the WoL uses their dragoon skills against more than dragons, they are a much more effective dragoon than the Ishgardian ones.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    triple triad: good

getting triple triad cards: bad

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn

Susano is a cool guy

That is all

THE SEAS PART FOR WE ALONE

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    T4CT wrote: »

Tataru will eat your soul

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Miqo'te

Susano is a cool guy

That is all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHXa74q4fjY

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Ahhh there it is.. the JRPG cliche where I defeat a big boss for an item I really, really, need, only for the bad guys to pop out of nowhere, render me immobile, and take said item. Also deciding not to kill me while immobilized, for some reason.

I mean, it's not entirely unrealistic in this setting... but come on!

Also...
    Sorry for killing your sis, Lucia, water under the bridge, eh?

Muzzmuzz on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Roegadyn
    So I’ve been having this issue lately where playing literally any other game causes my video card to sit around 65-70C at full load

When I play FF14, and ONLY FF14, that number jumps to 80-85C, and I feel like that shouldn’t be the case.

Has that ever been known to be the case before?

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out. It looks like turning off the FPS limit in zones with flying will cause pretty much any video card to heat up fast.

Javen on
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Roegadyn
    T4CT wrote: »

I get so salty

I am the WARRIOR OF LIGHT. I could kill you and they'd throw me a parade! Give me that last card you have!

edit:
    So, while questing, I saw a FATE with a dragoon named "Alaimbert of the Spiked Butt", who basically challenged me to a duel. After a few minutes of him doing fancy maneuvers and constantly making references to his...butt, and then he ran off, saying we'd meet again.

So almost immediately, another FATE pops up with some voidsent to kill, and who should show up is... Alaimbert of the Spiked Butt, but this time he's on my side, and he's still constantly making references to his... butt.

I love that fukken guy. Whenever I am in that zone, I always check to see if his FATE is up before I go mining or whatever

Depressperado on
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    simulacrum wrote: »

I don't know what that is but it sounds impressive!

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Javen wrote: »
    simulacrum wrote: »

I don't know what that is but it sounds impressive!

Final hardmode boss for the xpac

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Larlar
    For an easy 80 points in this weekend's fashion report, for 60k MGP towards the car, do the fashion report wearing any chest dyed any shade of red, fluorite earrings which are on the jewelry vendor in Uldah, and anything in every other slot.

@Zay

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Miqo'te

The fight where his big mechanics are him trying to use a simple Hello World program and it just bugs out. Hard.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Hyur
    we discovered via ACT that like 8 ghost omegas spawn around the arena during Hello World to apply different parts of the mechanics

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    I put a Bloody Lance Head and Spruce Lumber in the first tab of the company chest, if anyone could use that to make a Champion's Lance for the Dragoon relic weapon I would be very grateful

• Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    I will be online tonight in an hour or two. Feel free to send a message to Caedwyr Jelani on Sargatanas. I am not in the Ghost FC but can craft stuff like that for no charge.

• Options
    Hit the level 58 Dark Knight quest... and yep, I am loving this quest chain.

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    For an easy 80 points in this weekend's fashion report, for 60k MGP towards the car, do the fashion report wearing any chest dyed any shade of red, fluorite earrings which are on the jewelry vendor in Uldah, and anything in every other slot.

@Zay

yeah i actually saw a thing for how to get 100 points and did that it was very easy

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    ANYWAY i wanted to play more so i bought stormblood even though i said i wasn't gonna and have like 5 other games i also wanna play woops

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Larlar
    they fuggn got ya huh

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Hyur

@Zay

Alternatively, go to the calamity salvager and grab Voice of the Just and Ul'dahn Ring. Both are early 2.0 quest rewards and that'll do it. Unless you're not above level... 35 or so? Something in there.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Larlar
    I think you can only get the Ul'dahn ring if you started in Ul'dah

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    BLU mage 8 - 50 in one about 2-3 hours with a level 70 helping. The key ability to learn is the fish vomit one from the penguins in Costa Del Sol.

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    And on the fourth character I've taken through the FFXV event, I finally one-shot the primal fight. Although I did discover, in passing, that Hallowed Ground doesn't prevent that damage.

• Options
    Roegadyn
    So fun story about Blue Mage.

If you have a caster at a high enough level to one shot lvl49-50 enemies, you can

1: cast a damaging spell at them, preferably with some distance to the target that will one shot them
    2: switch to Blue Mage immediately after the cast, before you get marked as in combat
    3: monster dies, and because of how server tics work, BLU will get credited for the kill and get a shit load of xp because of their inherent boost

You can actually do this with any class, but the amount of xp normal classes get from overworld monsters is to small to be worth it.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    turtleant wrote: »

If you have a caster at a high enough level to one shot lvl49-50 enemies, you can

1: cast a damaging spell at them, preferably with some distance to the target that will one shot them
    2: switch to Blue Mage immediately after the cast, before you get marked as in combat
    3: monster dies, and because of how server tics work, BLU will get credited for the kill and get a shit load of xp because of their inherent boost

You can actually do this with any class, but the amount of xp normal classes get from overworld monsters is to small to be worth it.

If you do it on rdm you can do two at a time with double cast.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    they fuggn got ya huh

I’m not owned I’m not owned

I’m catching up on Heavensward stuff I missed, and just finished up the mhachi story with the nightmare that is FF14 Cait Sith. Probably gonna try and do the last Alexander wing today, and I think I have a few primals in azys lla I haven’t done too

I wanted to do it anyway so it’s good that I’m getting exp. Getting exp kicks ass

Zay on
    sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Hyur
    Tcheldor wrote: »

This sounds a bit like an exploit, has Square come out with a thumbs up? In the past they have banned players for abusing exploits. I would be very reluctant to grind out BLU like this.

• Options
    Roegadyn
    Aldo wrote: »
    Tcheldor wrote: »

This sounds a bit like an exploit, has Square come out with a thumbs up? In the past they have banned players for abusing exploits. I would be very reluctant to grind out BLU like this.

I did all the way to 50.

If they were going to ban people for that they would have by now. And they'd have to ban like, A LOT of people. Whole bunch of people leveled like that + used the BLU xp bonus affecting chocobos to power level them as well in the first two weeks the job was out.

All that came of it is the chocobos getting the BLU bonus was patched out, but they also buffed the chocobo's base xp gain by a lot at the same time.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    they made a statement that it was unintended, but also it's such a long-established bug with no practical use before now, and fixing it will take such a massive overhaul of the combat system, that they're just leaving it for now and will fix it with the launch of 5.0

• Options
    note to self: power level blue mage

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    note to self: power level blue mage

I kinda want to level a blue mage for shits and giggles

And any team with two blue mages if one learns the move they both do

Teamwork??

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    it really levels quicker than you think, especially once you get the mighty guard/white wind/1000 needles train rolling

keep yourself fed, your chocobo handy, and any jewelry with exp boosts attached on

This discussion has been closed.