Options

Marvel! Makes kids comic with Arms Company, forgets Iron Man's origin story.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    all old white comic creators will betray you

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Kurt Busiek would never!

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    all old white comic creators will betray you

Even Dennis O'Neil!?!?!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Oh my god

Venom got a new job this week and I am 95% sure it was just to make "Rorshach Kringle" happy
    He now writes for a shitty National Inquirer/Weekly World News style tabloid, doing pieces on NYPD corruption in between the "Elvis is alive in Burbank" and "Bigfoot is on the moon" stories
    Why would such an magazine exist in the Marvel Universe? Real life is just as weird or weirder than the shit printed in there.
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    Oh cool Bendis dragged the whole Avengers #200 bullshit with Carol and her horrible rape son/father back up as a punchline explaining why she doesnt like kids

Isn't that the second or third time he's brought it up?

Jesus fucking christ. There's a reason they wiped her memory!

TWICE! THEY'VE WIPED HER MEMORY TWICE SINCE THEN!

Also suck my dick Bendis. Carol has had no less than TWO kids she's been super friendly with in her own series since she became Captain Marvel. (Kit Renner and a Kree child nicknamed "Bean") Three if you count Tic.

Also, all the Carol Corps kids. (Which is now really fucking creepy, thanks to her hankering for authoritarianism)

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Marvel and Netflix have pulled the NYCC Punisher panel after the Las Vegas shooting

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Marvel and Netflix have pulled the NYCC Punisher panel after the Las Vegas shooting

That is completely understandable, and I think the right move to make.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    seems like totally missing the point to me, the negative connotation isn't with the panel, it's with the character the panel is about
    I guess they're not really concerned about that though, they're just trying to not draw attention to the punisher until after people get tired of being angry about another mass shooting and sink back into the beige hopeless apathetic despair, so they can start selling their antihero who loves shooting people with guns again without any backlash again

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    seems like totally missing the point to me, the negative connotation isn't with the panel, it's with the character the panel is about
    I guess they're not really concerned about that though, they're just trying to not draw attention to the punisher until after people get tired of being angry about another mass shooting and sink back into the beige hopeless apathetic despair, so they can start selling their antihero who loves shooting people with guns again without any backlash again

I think I've already seen this episode of Bojack Horseman.

• Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    It might be time to retire The Punisher

Not that i believe that Marvel is even close to capable of making that call right now, but still

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    It might be time to retire The Punisher

Not that i believe that Marvel is even close to capable of making that call right now, but still

I think that time was awhile ago, personally. But yeah, not gonna happen

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I was at a book club tonight and the conversation turned towards movies. Then it actually happened.

Someone said they refused to watch Spider-Man Homecoming because they didn't want to support P.C changes to the storyline. M.J was white dammit!

It was a struggle confronting him about it without making it awkward for the others there.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Kyougu wrote: »
    I was at a book club tonight and the conversation turned towards movies. Then it actually happened.

Someone said they refused to watch Spider-Man Homecoming because they didn't want to support P.C changes to the storyline. M.J was white dammit!

It was a struggle confronting him about it without making it awkward for the others there.

well, marvel has made it pretty clear mary jane isn't in homecoming so he's an ill-informed idiot, too

• Options
    Iron Fist is confirmed to appear in Luke Cage Season 2

I really liked their dynamic in Defenders so I am cool with them showing up in each others shows

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Re: MJ
    Maybe the MJ nickname is due to her sick Michael Jackson dance moves

Or her collection of Michael jordan sneakers

Or maybe she's the school's pot dealer

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    It's Em Jay, it's like a Dee Jay, but for Mp3's instead of discs

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    it's a loving tip of the cap toward eMma (stone's old) Job

who also didn't play mary jane

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Furu wrote: »
    I'm actually super mad about Bendis referencing Avengers #200 for a quick joke again. Like fuck straight off, dude.

wait what the fuck?

• Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    I'm actually super mad about Bendis referencing Avengers #200 for a quick joke again. Like fuck straight off, dude.

wait what the fuck?

ofuvQeg.png

This is the second time he's used it as a gag in a Jessica Jones book.

For someone who claims to love Carol Danvers he sure does love bringing up the worst thing to ever happen to the character as a hilarious punchline.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    fucking hell, Bendis

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    She was pretty into helping ad being around Jessica Drew's baby just recently, wasn't she?

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    She was pretty into helping ad being around Jessica Drew's baby just recently, wasn't she?

BENDIS!

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2017
    I was surprised at how little screen time Zendaya had in Homecoming, given how prominent she was in the press tour for the movie

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    bad
    egregious
    not good
    disasterous
    inelegant
    storytelling

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    How come that's the one piece of continuity he won't ignore like he usually does with all other continuity

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    How come that's the one piece of continuity he won't ignore like he usually does with all other continuity

Because it allows him to ignore better continuity. (She had her mind wiped completely of the event specifically so future readers (and writers) wouldn't have to deal with that baggage.)

• Options
    Out of all the other good he's done I will always appreciate Claremont for using his sway at the peak of his X-Men game to take over Avengers for an annual issue that he used to call out everyone involved in Avengers #200, bring back Carol, and do the best he could to repair the damage going forward

• Options

wait what the fuck?

ofuvQeg.png

This is the second time he's used it as a gag in a Jessica Jones book.

For someone who claims to love Carol Danvers he sure does love bringing up the worst thing to ever happen to the character as a hilarious punchline.

I normally defend Bendis but yeah, that's fucked up.

• Options
    Out of all the other good he's done I will always appreciate Claremont for using his sway at the peak of his X-Men game to take over Avengers for an annual issue that he used to call out everyone involved in Avengers #200, bring back Carol, and do the best he could to repair the damage going forward

Binary was so fucking cool.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Bendis' best work was Daredevil

He should never have strayed from the path

• Options

Because it allows him to ignore better continuity. (She had her mind wiped completely of the event specifically so future readers (and writers) wouldn't have to deal with that baggage.)

As has been pointed out, she has been mindwiped twice

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Something about it in the Jessica Jones book seems extra fucked up

Like, doesn't J.J. still have baggage re: sexual assault at the hands of Kilgrave?

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Rogue and Gambit is being written by Kelly Thompson and has art from Pere Perrez

Poison X crossover between X-Men Blue and Venom

Excalibur reunites in the X-Men Gold Annual

The new status quo for Amazing Spider-Man is....he is hated as a criminal menace and works at the Daily Bugle.

Exciting.

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Why

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Not a doctor Tree townRegistered User regular
    How does that even work? How often do succeessful CEOs lose it all and have to go back to their high school job?

• Options
    edited October 2017
    How does that even work? How often do succeessful CEOs lose it all and have to go back to their high school job?

Did Peter fuck up his managing of his money that bad that he doesn't have money squirreled away to not be a reporter?

never die on
  • Options
    edited October 2017

It is basically impossible to fail once you are that wealthy.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Black Panther (had to pick it up this week, cause last week I picked up #17 for the second time. Damn you variant covers!): kinda disappointed with the twist, I was enjoying the direction the story was going. Still great series.

Sorcerers Supreme: Finally they had the final issue. Was a fun series, I really enjoyed it more than the regular Dr. Strange series at this point.

Hawkeye: great as ever.

Pretty expensive week for me with Flintstones TPB 2 and 3 European comics including 2 hardcovers.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

Listen if comic books can't indulge in idealist fantasies what's even the point?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    We have always been at war with Eastasia, and Peter Parker has always been an unlucky young photographer working for the Daily Bugle and dating (but not married to) Mary Jane.

• Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    Has this thread really shifted from complaining about Spider-Man's new status quo to complaining about Spider-Man going back to his old status quo

This discussion has been closed.