As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo] moves to a camp upstate

19596979899101»

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    If this means I have to use the motion control that's in my Pro, like shaking it for extra height on a jump or whatever - that's fine and I expected it

If I have to stop playing with the Pro and use the shit-ass Joycons to get something my Pro can't do? That would really suck!

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    If this means I have to use the motion control that's in my Pro, like shaking it for extra height on a jump or whatever - that's fine and I expected it

If I have to stop playing with the Pro and use the shit-ass Joycons to get something my Pro can't do? That would really suck!

No I watched someone streaming the game and he was using a Pro.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    I suspect that Odyssey, like Breath of the Wild (and all the 3D Marios in the past decade and change) is going to be one of those games that has flaws, but is so high quality in most ways that the body of players won't care too much about the cracks in its armor

That's kind of a problem with reviews, though, for me, because gaming opinion is already very subject to an echo chamber effect and when you gloss over flaws because they didn't affect your enjoyment you're kind of hanging other gamers out to dry because everyone prioritizes different things in their experience. This thing you described happened with a ton of BotW reviews and led to a not insignificant number of disillusioned players who came away from that game disappointed because they were primed for an experience they did not have.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I heard it's terrible
    jqkelx3c79yl.png

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »

This is kind of a deal breaker for me. I was expecting it though.

Granted, I’ve never held a Switch, but this looks fine to me

The motion controls in Galaxy were fine and good, I thought

On the one hand, I actually sort of have a hard time empathizing because I can’t remember ever having a problem with any motion controls

But on the other, I find first person games nigh unplayable (so it sucks that I can’t enjoy Metroid Prime like everyone seems to), so I guess we all have our hang ups

Maybe they’ll patch an alternative in if the consensus is that this is really that bad?

• Options

that's weird the streamer I was watching did everything in that video just with the Y button. But he was playing it docked with a Pro

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

that's weird the streamer I was watching did everything in that video just with the Y button. But he was playing it docked with a Pro

The Pro also does motion controls

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    There is no way to do those moves without using motion controls.

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    So it seems like the clothes are totally cosmetic
    I don't recall if there was any question of if they were functional or not but it seems the answer is... not

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I don't recall if there was any question of if they were functional or not but it seems the answer is... not

They kind of are

At least in the demo, there's a moon you can only get if you dress like the skeleton dudes so they let you in their secret club

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »

The Pro also does motion controls

i know but he stated he wasn't using them

• Options

and yet he was

he was hammering the Y button after the tooltip came up and did all the moves in that video.

the tooltip for the motion control didn't even come up until about 5 mins later if i remember correctly

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

They kind of are

At least in the demo, there's a moon you can only get if you dress like the skeleton dudes so they let you in their secret club
    That sounds excellent. I'm so excited about this game!

Delduwath on
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    So I saw a picture of Mario standing next to a sphynx and realized it reminded me of World 1 in Super Mario Land and now I'm really hoping for some SML references in this game. That game had a real cool aesthetic (given how small and basic the sprites were) and I'd love to see them bring in some of that.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

and yet he was

he was hammering the Y button after the tooltip came up and did all the moves in that video.

the tooltip for the motion control didn't even come up until about 5 mins later if i remember correctly

I mean, you cannot

The game has no mechanism to do so

So either you misunderstood what you were watching or the guy you were watching was lying

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
This discussion has been closed.