Options

Destiny 2 is out for PS4 and XB1

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I felt bad dismantling my 286 multi tool, but I didn't want a scout rifle as my primary.

Good news is I now have a 286 sky burners oath.

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    So the Mida Multitool is pretty cool but the best thing about it is that,
    It apparently fell through a hole from an alternate universe where it was created for a robot uprising on Mars during the golden age that killed 10% of the entire Martian population

That is some rad lore I'd like to explore some more.
    Man do I have some good news for you! Go check out Bungie's old Marathon games.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Still looking for a third for the nightfall.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    It apparently fell through a hole from an alternate universe where it was created for a robot uprising on Mars during the golden age that killed 10% of the entire Martian population

https://alephone.lhowon.org/

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Lasbrook wrote: »

Pull in a third from guided games if you need to. Worked well for me and Aphostile

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I have played Marathon way back when it was new. I remember nothing about it.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I don't know how to do anything but I found this scout rifle that is better if you don't move while you shoot but that is 1000% against my standard playstyle

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I just hallucinated Destiny for the past 2-3 hours. Fell asleep after our raid attempt and then woke up with a slight fever and random thoughts about how I had failed the Traveler.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular

Pull in a third from guided games if you need to. Worked well for me and Aphostile

Hmm, I dunno how comfortable I would feel acting as the guide when all I've done is quickly read an article about the thing. I think the actual answer is I'm gonna call it an early night, guess I stayed up too late last night. Sorry Geebs.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    I just hallucinated Destiny for the past 2-3 hours. Fell asleep after our raid attempt and then woke up with a slight fever and random thoughts about how I had failed the Traveler.

Accurate.

:)

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    I was also chosen to lead Humanity into their second stage of existence, and only I and one woman were allowed to retain our memories.

I think a break is in order...

...until reset.

• Options
    Assuming I get home from work at a reasonable time tomorrow, I hope to find someone to lead me through the Rat King stuff.

• Options

Hmm, I dunno how comfortable I would feel acting as the guide when all I've done is quickly read an article about the thing. I think the actual answer is I'm gonna call it an early night, guess I stayed up too late last night. Sorry Geebs.

Someone told me the third dude can be the guide? I am not sure though.

Sorry, I'd be down if not for the aforementioned hallucinations.

• Options
    Don't worry about it, my roommate accidentally turned the internet off again

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    This raid is hard

• Options
    edited September 2017
    DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

Not a robot uprising, just a human uprising.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Yeah I don't like this raid

I didn't like Vault of Glass either

Fuck the dumb puzzle mechanics, I just wanna shoot shit

Gimme another Crota

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    I was reading some stuff about raid dogs, and a thing that I saw a lot of people saying was to
    assign each person a dog and for everyone to have swords for dog murdering

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    If anyone wants to raid or trials or NF tomorrow after about 6pm pst, I'll be around.

Aphostile on
    Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Raid.....complete

Family picture....taken

DJ-t_XRVYAEupDb.jpg

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    what's with the Arms Dealer strike starting midway through
    sometimes the dialogue even points this out
    it seems like a weird decision, for an activity that's supposed to be a little self contained story, to start one off in medias res

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    There are some top tier HOLY SHIT WHAT moments in this raid, good stuff.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017

You can explore it for yourself right now, in fact!
    The Battleroids are the enemies in Marathon and MIDA was mentioned in the first Marathon as a short-lived Martian government.
    edit: writing is hard

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »

The Battleroids are the enemies in Marathon and MIDA was mentioned in the first Marathon as a short-lived Martian government.
    I don't think battleroids were ever an enemy in Marathon? I think the only one actually in the games is the player character (probably).

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    How come lost sectors start on your map and then disappear from it when you find them

That seems like the opposite of how both maps and lost things work

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    How come lost sectors start on your map and then disappear from it when you find them

"Lost Sector" is really just a euphemism for "Totally Random Collectible Object"

But seriously, your map markings aren't the TACOs themselves; it's just the symbols which one assumes ARE known or at least have been observed well enough for someone to put them on a map. They disappear because you found it and the market is thus something you wouldn't be concerned with anymore.

Also, I think they don't want you farming them. A few are very close to warp points. I was running one over and over for the Sturm/Drang quest and the chest stopped dropping loot altogether after about 4 or 5 runs.

Drez on
  • Options

They switch from a white symbol to a grey symbol once you find them. It does make them kinda hard to see.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    What power level do I need to be for blue and purples to start becoming 266's?

Feel like I've been stuck in place forever.

• Options
    cB557 wrote: »

They switch from a white symbol to a grey symbol once you find them. It does make them kinda hard to see.

That too

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

I don't think battleroids were ever an enemy in Marathon? I think the only one actually in the games is the player character (probably).
    You're right, did some more reading. Battleroids are mentioned in some text you find and it's shown you probably are one, but you don't fight them.

• Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    edited September 2017

They actually completely disappear after a bit too. I cleared all the other day and they greyed out, then yesterday when I was doing challenges I didn't have the grey ones on my map anymore either.

Flarne on
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »
    yeah supremecy is fun with a coordinated fire team and a total nightmare with rando pubbies

I lucked into a fireteam on a straight-up team deathmatch, where everyone gave a shit about positioning and we focused our fire and it was both a blast and an utter massacre to the other team.

Those are rare and special moments.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    Okay, but seriously, do we have a clan going?

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Now I am just reading through Grimoire shit and oh my god this one that is just Cayde googling stuff:
    > REMOTE VANGUARD DATABASE TEXT-ONLY SEARCH INITIALIZED.
    > WELCOME, USER "ACEOFHEARTS".
    > PLEASE ENTER SEARCH QUERY.

?> news about cayde

> THERE ARE 4 NEW ARTICLES SINCE YOUR LAST SEARCH 26 HOURS, 33 MINUTES AGO.

?> thats way too low

> SORRY, I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND "thats way too low".

?> whos more popular than cayde

> SORRY, I DIDN~XXX

?> whos more popular than cayde-6

> SORR ~XXX

?> first article about cayde

> THE FIRST CITY NEWS ARTICLE ABOUT 'CAYDE' WAS 126 YEARS 11 MONT~XXX

?> 126 years ago?????? im way older than that

> MAJOR EVENTS OF 126 YEARS AGO:
    > SIGNIFICANT PROGRESS MADE IN FACTION ACCORDS. RELATED: BRASK, A.
    > TRAVELER TRUE ORIGIN AND PURP~XXX

> MINOR EVENTS OF 126 YEARS AGO:
    > FIRST 25-MATCH CRUCIBLE WINNING STREAK RECORDED. RELATED: REY, I.
    > CENTAUR PLANETOID "7066 NESSUS" RE-ENTERS SYSTEM AFTER UNEXPLAINED DELAY. RELAT~XXX

?> did we get invaded by horse people

> SORRY, I D~XXX

?> did horse people ever exist

> THERE ARE NO KNOWN ENCOUNTERS WITH QUADRUPED LIFE FORMS CAPABLE OF SPACE FLIGHT. SOME EARLY SIGHTINGS OF FALLEN RAIDING PARTIES MISTAKENLY IDENTIFIED THEIR METHODS OF RAPID LOCOMOTION AS EQUINE.

?> did fallen ever ride horses

> NO.

?> what were we talking about

> LAST 50 SEARCHES ACROSS ALL DEVICES, CHRONOLOGICAL:
    > "banshie real name" "banshie-44 real name" "scout rifle locker default password" "traveler giant eyeball" "giant eyeball planet" "giant eyeball aliens" "giant alien eyeballs" "delete image history" "how do i delete images" "accidentally set giant alien eyeball as terminal background" "how much do new terminals cost" "vanguard discount for new ter~XXX

?> traveler

> OVER 50,000,000 RESULTS FOUND. PLEASE NARROW SEARCH CRITERIA.

?> traveler eyeball

> OVER 70,000,000 RESULTS FOUND. PLE~XXX

?> where did the traveler come from

> OVER 10,000,000 RESULTS F~XXX

?> traveler googly eyes terminal background

> PLEASE CONNECT TO A DEVICE WITH AN IMAGE DISPLAY TO VIEW THESE RESULTS.

?> traveler road trip snacks

> SINCE THE TRAVELER'S FINAL EXODUS FROM IO PRIOR TO THE COLLAPSE, ECHO MESA HAS BEEN A POPULAR PILGRIMAGE DESTINATION FOR GUARDIANS. AS THE TRAVELER'S TRANSFORMATION OF THE JOVIAN MOON WAS INCOMPLETE, IO'S CLIMATE AND GEOGRAPHY DO NOT SUPPORT AGRICULTURE IN THE CONVENTIONAL SENSE. VANGUARD COMMANDER ZAVALA THEREFORE RECOMM~XXX

?> zavala snacks

> ALL RESULTS TAGGED WITH THE FOLLOWING RELATED SEARCH QUERIES REQUIRE TWO-THIRDS VANGUARD AUTHORIZATION FOR DISCLOSURE:
    > "ZAVALA SNACKS" "ZAVALA ACTION SNACKS" "TITAN VITAMINS" "EDIBLE ZAVALA" "ZAVALA ACTION VITAMINS" "VANGUARD VITAMINS"

?> what??????????

> ALL RESULTS TAGGED W~XXX

?> ikora current location

> WARLOCK VANGUARD IKORA REY IS CURRENTLY IN THE UNDERWATCH. WOULD Y~XXX

> logout

> THANK YOU FOR USING THE VANGUARD TEXT-ONLY DATABASE, USER "ACEOFHEARTS". BE BRAVE.
    My favorite thing about this is that
    Zavala is workshopping nutritious Guardian Chow called ZAVALA ACTION SNACKS

Every little peek they give into Zavala beyond just STOIC TITAN makes me love that dude so much

Every little glimpse at his character beyond cardboard stoicism makes me think of him as a huge, friendly nerd. I love it.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Looks more like Doctor Doom, honestly.

Edit: at least on mobile

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
  • Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    Servers coming down this morning for maintenance, estimated return 11 am Pacific

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    Wait, this morning? Last week it was Tuesday morning

jnij103vqi2i.png
This discussion has been closed.