Options

THE EVIL MULTIFARIOUS COFFEE TABLE BOOK OF [chat]

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I wish Penn and Teller (mostly Penn I guess?) weren't prison planet wierdos. I watched a few of their Fool Us things and the shit is entertaining.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    I wish Penn and Teller (mostly Penn I guess?) weren't prison planet wierdos. I watched a few of their Fool Us things and the shit is entertaining.

Don't get the reference.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited September 2017

Don't get the reference.

Libertarians in the worst possible way.

jungleroomx on
  • Options

Don't get the reference.

Libertarians in the worst possible way.

Wonderful. I knew Penn was a Libertarian, didn't realize he was the among the worst lot.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Libertarianism is a portmanteau of its two root philosophies, Liberty and Aryanism.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    well okay that breakup was actually way way harder than i even thought it would be

there's definitely a nonzero chance that i fucked my life sideways and threw out a good and stable relationship for no good reason

¯\_(T_T)_/¯

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    did you know that if you cite a tweet in an academic paper you have to include their display name in your citations

so i am reading a paper that cites "mpreg doomguy bustin'"

• Options
    Anyway, for anyone who hasn't seen it this shit will blow your socks off.

https://youtu.be/EAN-PwRfJcA

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    studies seem to argue cats have at least the intellect of a preschooler, they're just aloof as all get out

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Ya just gotta seperate art and artist.

• Options
    Dipshit animals: sheep, tardigrades, swans

• Options
    Kasyn wrote: »
    well okay that breakup was actually way way harder than i even thought it would be

there's definitely a nonzero chance that i fucked my life sideways and threw out a good and stable relationship for no good reason

¯\_(T_T)_/¯

Is there a particular reason you made this decision?

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    The Space Crone
    Ursula K. Le Guin (copyright 1976)

The menopause is probably the least glamorous topic imaginable; and this is interesting, because it is one of the very few topics to which cling some shreds and remnants of taboo. A serious mention of menopause is usually met with uneasy silence; a sneering reference to it is usually met with relieved sniggers. Both the silence and the sniggering are pretty sure indications of taboo.

Most people would consider the old phrase "change of life" a euphemism for the medical term "menopause," but I, who am now going through the change, begin to wonder if it isn't the other way round. "Change of life" is too blunt a phrase, too factual. "Menopause," with its chime-suggestion of a mere pause after which things go on as before, is reassuringly trivial.

But the change is not trivial, and I wonder how many women are brave enough to carry it out wholeheartedly. They give up their reproductive capacity with more or less of a struggle, and when it's gone they think that's all there is to it. Well, at least I don't get the Curse any more, they say, and the only reason I felt so depressed sometimes was hormones. Now I'm myself again. But this is to evade the real challenge, and to lose, not only the capacity to ovulate, but the opportunity to become a Crone.
    http://www.hard-facts.net/cgi-bin/forum/fxm.cgi?act=ST;f=23;t=2089;st=0

love dat leguin

• Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Atomika wrote: »

¯\_(T_T)_/¯

she wanted a relationship that was for sure going to be the one for her and didn't want to spend good years on something that might not go that way

i tend to approach this kind of thing more organically, and after two years together - while i could at many points imagine settling down with her for good - i couldn't offer her the certainty she's been seeking

that and some other issues stemming both from her insecurities and my selfish childishness, in varying shares, that just kept resurfacing over and over and i felt were going to be a continuous strain on us

she is a very good person and we had a mostly healthy relationship and genuine unconditional love for one another, but i think part of me just didn't see it going the distance for reasons that i will now spend a long time re-litigating in my head

she wanted to bargain on all of it, so it was very difficult to stick to my guns on it, but i'm pretty sure it was just in-the-moment stuff and that real change on these things has to come from within on our respective ends

Kasyn on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    did you know that if you cite a tweet in an academic paper you have to include their display name in your citations

so i am reading a paper that cites "mpreg doomguy bustin'"

as someone who cites a bunch of tweets, this is absolutely something I was aware of and have giggled about

• Options

¯\_(T_T)_/¯

she wanted a relationship that was for sure going to be the one for her and didn't want to spend good years on something that might not go that way

i tend to approach this kind of thing more organically, and after two years together - while i could at many points imagine settling down with her for good - i couldn't offer her the certainty she's been seeking

that and some other issues stemming both from her insecurities and my selfish childishness, in varying shares, that just kept resurfacing over and over and i felt were going to be a continuous strain on us

she is a very good person and we had a mostly healthy relationship and genuine unconditional love for one another, but i think part of me just didn't see it going the distance for reasons that i will now spend a long time re-litigating in my head

she wanted to bargain on all of it, so it was very difficult to stick to my guns on it, but i'm pretty sure it was just in-the-moment stuff and that real change on these things has to come from within on our respective ends

I can tell you from painful experience, problems don't get better with time. I think you made a reasonable choice here, I know that's hard and I'm sorry :(

• Options

¯\_(T_T)_/¯

I can tell you from painful experience, problems don't get better with time. I think you made a reasonable choice here, I know that's hard and I'm sorry :(

Thanks =|

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Anyway, for anyone who hasn't seen it this shit will blow your socks off.

https://youtu.be/EAN-PwRfJcA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8_nRkCJx9o

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Okay, goodnight all

I am finally Raid-qualified

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Okay, goodnight all

Good, wreck @Arch

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Citing tweets. Academia has changed since my days of slide rules, mahogany inlaid instrumentation, pipe smoking and casual misogyny.

Sunrise. Sunset. Sunrise. Sunset. Yes we have no bananas

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Citing tweets. Academia has changed since my days of slide rules, mahogany inlaid instrumentation, pipe smoking and casual misogyny.

Sunrise. Sunset. Sunrise. Sunset. Yes we have no bananas

you forgot the tweed jacket with leather elbow patches
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF29LRqwjXA

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Okay, goodnight all

You finally saw the Raid sequel.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular

Cannot video, could you summarize?

Sorry data is frequently poor out here.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    The new xcom expansion is, as others have already said, quite good.

I already had 100 hours of xcom 2 though, and hadn't played for months or maybe even a year, so honestly just playing xcom 2 again, let alone with Soldiers Being Friends, is great. What a fantastic game.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    @kedinik welp, I think I've reached the end of this Japan game. Mexico is now fully Japanese, as is California; the culturally-English settlers who now find themselves under the authority of Japan will learn to embrace the kami, in time. Japanese-Mexico is also, for lack of a better word, a nightmare of a country; I think if left to its own (independent) devices it would end up eating the rest of the New World in due course, with the USA (which we assisted in winning their independence) their only true rival.

Basically the only real challenge left is "could I feasibly hurt Ming" and, in all honesty, I think the answer is no - they have 450k standing forces, and god knows how much manpower to back it up. I can bring maybe 300k to bear, but my manpower is low in comparison. If we ended up at war again it'd just be a grind in Manchuria until we peaced out, hundreds of thousands dead for no more reason than to see what would happen.

Still, I feel like I learned a bunch in this game, like "it's still laughably easy to outpace Europe in tech if you dump enough MP into development for institutions" and "never let Ming become a stable blob, oh god, don't do it"

• Options
    edited September 2017
    milski wrote: »

Clay Travis was on Brook Baldwin's show about on the white supremacy subject and said "The only things which haven't let me down are the 1st amendment. And boobs." Then everything went sideways. Brook was stunned for a while, then finally she shut it down. Cut the mikes. Which is understandable.

This is a little insight into her thoughts during the incident.

edit: The subject was over the White House calling for Jemele Hill's firing. She called Trump a white supremacist.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    I just got a bag of like d20 and other sided dice

So I took my very first role with a 20 sided die just to see what would happen

Got a 2

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    milski wrote: »

Clay Travis was on Brook Baldwin's show about on the white supremacy subject and said "The only things which haven't let me down are the 1st amendment. And boobs." Then everything went sideways. Brook was stunned for a while, then finally she shut it down. Cut the mikes. Which is understandable.

This is a little insight into her thoughts during the incident.

edit: The subject was over the White House calling for Jemele Hill's firing. She called Trump a white supremacist.

Well that's certainly something stupid to say on air.

milski on
    I ate an engineer
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    studies seem to argue cats have at least the intellect of a preschooler, they're just aloof as all get out

this is why kittens > cats

kittens have the intellect and demeanor of a happy/curious preschooler

cats have the intellect of a preschooler but the demeanor of a WASP

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    So that Shin Lim dude did a second routine on Penn and Teller after a serious hand injury and it was even more impressive. Just totally clean and inscrutable. It seems physically impossible on its face.

But Willow is a dreadful host

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    My cats are always curious what I'm doing and want to cuddle a lot.

Also, I still haven't played xcom 2.

I should remedy that.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

Are you proposing some kind of trade in system? A recycling bank that lets you insert your used cats to receive fresh kittens in exchange?

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

Are you proposing some kind of trade in system? A recycling bank that lets you insert your used cats to receive fresh kittens in exchange?

I heard of places that do that with bison.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    I think they're called Buffalo Exchange.

• Options
    Feral wrote: »
    I think they're called Buffalo Feline Exchange.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    So that Shin Lim dude did a second routine on Penn and Teller after a serious hand injury and it was even more impressive. Just totally clean and inscrutable. It seems physically impossible on its face.

But Willow is a dreadful host

*makes you disappear*

ta-da!

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

It's been done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_2fPjjWRls

(0:48)

This discussion has been closed.