As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

THE EVIL MULTIFARIOUS COFFEE TABLE BOOK OF [chat]

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    So that Shin Lim dude did a second routine on Penn and Teller after a serious hand injury and it was even more impressive. Just totally clean and inscrutable. It seems physically impossible on its face.

But Willow is a dreadful host

Oh shit, I need to watch that.

You're right about Alyson Hannigan, though. It's especially bad because she took over for Jonathan Ross, who was an excellent host. She's a fine actress she's just....not a good host, good lord.

I fucking love Fool Us, though. Fortunately Penn and Teller's libertarianism never really shows itself on the show, so it's easy to ignore all their Bullshit bullshit.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    So that Shin Lim dude did a second routine on Penn and Teller after a serious hand injury and it was even more impressive. Just totally clean and inscrutable. It seems physically impossible on its face.

But Willow is a dreadful host

She has no wonder or amazement or love of magic, but she also refuses to just do some kind of deadpan/gravitas thing, so she just comes across as absurdly insincere.

She was also definitely skeeved out a couple of times she was a participant in people's acts.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    I crushed hard on Willow during the Buffy days.

Redheads, I'm telling you

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    not really sure why you expect willow to be impressed by magic
    if anything it'd come off as patronizing

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    I crushed hard on Willow during the Buffy days.

Redheads, I'm telling you

I had a crush on Amy, wished she was in more episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzLL3-3siEY

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    not really sure why you expect willow to be impressed by magic
    if anything it'd come off as patronizing

Her attempts to sound excited when she isn't do come across as patronizing.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    I notice in these confessions no one ever seems to crush on Buffy herself.

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    I notice in these confessions no one ever seems to crush on Buffy herself.
    spike is scary

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    3a5eabca477cf33cae46c472662f31a4.jpg

• Options
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    someone on facebook shared photos from a pimple party

really gross photos

now I want to die

i'm going to bed

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    What
    What
    What is
    What is a pimple party

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    no fuzzy

no

why

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    What
    What
    What is
    What is a pimple party

pus filled fun for all

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Sometimes problems do get better... depending on the problem. I hope things work out for the best, Kasyn.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    i unironically love shitty eurobeat music from initial D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCiDuy4mrWU

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited September 2017
    Anyway, for anyone who hasn't seen it this shit will blow your socks off.

https://youtu.be/EAN-PwRfJcA

VH and Zampanov showed me this while they were in town. It's fucking nuts. It's not just that the guy is incredibly proficient at his act, it's that it's a really lovely aesthetic experience. I love Penn's heartfelt praise at the end. His politics are silly, but he is not a dumb or a bad man.

also I love that Jonathan Ross was randomly hosting. I didn't know he'd done any work in America and I love him for being a giant awkward nerd who is interested in cool things.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    gooood morning

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/iGzOfXITytg

watch this while you eat breakfast

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

VH and Zampanov showed me this while they were in town. It's fucking nuts. It's not just that the guy is incredibly proficient at his act, it's that it's a really lovely aesthetic experience. I love Penn's heartfelt praise at the end. His politics are silly, but he is not a dumb or a bad man.

also I love that Jonathan Ross was randomly hosting. I didn't know he'd done any work in America and I love him for being a giant awkward nerd who is interested in cool things.

Well, the first season of Fool Us was done in Britain. The second season was in the US, and he stuck around for season 2, but he does a fuckton of stuff in Britain (panel shows and hosting and whatnot) so I imagine it was really tough for him to do a full season in the US while keeping up with his responsibilities in Britain.

It's a shame though because he really was fantastic. Just the right amount of humor, and the perfect balance of "dumb foil for amazing card tricks" and "taskmaster that keeps Penn and Teller honest when they're hemming and hawing about how a trick was done".

I mean, Alyson is definitely terrible in her own right (unfortunately) but having to follow Jonathan Ross wasn't doing her any favors.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    And @Zampanov didn't show you shit, that video came straight off of my favorites list.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    (C) VH 2017 oc pls do not use

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    0vHPKAO.jpg

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    If you want to see how great Jonathan Ross is, just watch this trick from the very first magician on the very first season of Fool Us, especially the part where he tells Jonathan what to do with the extra envelope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gtfiNoby7Y

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    studies seem to argue cats have at least the intellect of a preschooler, they're just aloof as all get out

this is why kittens > cats

kittens have the intellect and demeanor of a happy/curious preschooler

cats have the intellect of a preschooler but the demeanor of a WASP

Are you proposing some kind of trade in system? A recycling bank that lets you insert your used cats to receive fresh kittens in exchange?

that's the dream, mojo

that's the dream

(for reals tho big kitties are awesome too it's just that kittens are like some kind of fuzzy WMD of endearment)

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Awww, Harry Dean Stanton died. :(

• Options
    Atomika wrote: »
    studies seem to argue cats have at least the intellect of a preschooler, they're just aloof as all get out

evolutionary speaking compared to dogs they deffo went for the least effort maximum reward route

instead of all "we work out some kind of mutually beneficial hunting tactics with these tall monkeys, and then they start breeding us for behavioral traits that make us kind of like fucked up subservient puppies and then they get really weird with our shape. Like, you have no idea." they were just like "go up to those tall monkeys and make baby noises and they give you food and scritches, forever"

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I liked whatshisface that did Dark Souls lore videos, and now I like whatshisface this guy here that does Destiny lore videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmjawRVW5Fw

• Options
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

Well, the first season of Fool Us was done in Britain. The second season was in the US, and he stuck around for season 2, but he does a fuckton of stuff in Britain (panel shows and hosting and whatnot) so I imagine it was really tough for him to do a full season in the US while keeping up with his responsibilities in Britain.

It's a shame though because he really was fantastic. Just the right amount of humor, and the perfect balance of "dumb foil for amazing card tricks" and "taskmaster that keeps Penn and Teller honest when they're hemming and hawing about how a trick was done".

I mean, Alyson is definitely terrible in her own right (unfortunately) but having to follow Jonathan Ross wasn't doing her any favors.

Yeah its basically no contest

being a host summarizes pretty much everything jonathan ross does, so it stands to reason that he's got it down to an art

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    kittens are weaponized adorable, its true

but if cats stayed kittens we'd get exhausted after a while. Both because that much adorable is taxing and because they are pretty high maintenance compared to a grown cat.

Cats are good, is my conclusion. They are good when they are kittens and they are good when they are grown cats who are just like, around. Hanging out, doing cat stuff. Saying hi to a cat is like a nod hello to a friend in passing. Dogs get all intense if you say hello.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    if any of you get kittens you should start lifting them by their paws

my uncle did that with all his farm cats and the payoff is that you get the absurd sight of a cat being held aloft by its front paws and not trying to murder anyone, just hanging there, looking bored and not caring, instead being mildly interested in a speck of dust in the middle distance

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    the morning news:

6BpkoVoPL71XRzq2tlN44AaTPb22fXIj5elmfnK_X4Fg

the largest* surface combat vessel in the world, Pyotr Veliky, along with about 50 other russian vessels, are in the waters outside Vardø, on exercise. It's part of the military exercise Zapad 2017, which NATO expects to be the largest military exercise since the cold war.

The exercise involves belarusian and russian troops, in the barents sea, the baltic sea, kaliningrad, and other russian and belarusian areas. Russia claims around 12 000 soldiers are involved, NATO believes as many as 100 000.

NATO already has placed troops in the baltic sisters, if they hadn't, they probably would have in response to this. Sweden is holding a large joint military exercise with finland, Aurora 2017, with the scenario "sweden gets invaded by a foreign power, allied countries assist". Subtle. Largest of its kind in several years.

*shared with its three sister vessels of the Kirov class

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    Yes, but dogs fall on the Good -> Goodest scale

While cats fall on the Actual Varmint -> Adorbs But Still a Shitty Roommate scale

It's just science

• Options
    I can't for the life of me remember the names of the factions in the NATO exercise I was in, but it was some real LARPy shit. It imagined there being two countries in northern norway, where one invaded the other, yugoslav wars style, and NATO assisting them (it would have been way more LARPy if all the other countries had gotten imaginary names as well but it would have been way too hard to remember I guess.)

anyway sweden is very much not doing an especially abstract scenario

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    FroThulhu wrote: »
    Yes, but dogs fall on the Good -> Goodest scale

While cats fall on the Actual Varmint -> Adorbs But Still a Shitty Roommate scale

It's just science

cats are way better roommates than dogs

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    in local news, pretty much fuck all is happening besides the cycling world championship, which is blotting out everything else. Seems like literally everything that is happening is happening to or because of the cycling world championship. The tone is, as we say, convulsively excited, while a lot of people are going "why, honestly, do we give a shit"

But, due to the cycling world championship, the firemen [moved out/scrambled/deployed] from Skansen Brannstasjon, the white tower at the top there looking down at the heart of downtown, for the first time since 1969. Which they thought was quite nice.

810_0504-L.jpg

Skansen brannstasjon was built in 1903, used until 1969. Due to the roads that are blocked, the fire brigade put a vehicle and a team there, which, as previously mentioned, they thought was quite nice because history and shit.

3_0.jpg

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    cats are garbage dogs rule

This discussion has been closed.