Options

Thank[Steam] Thread: Autumn Sale until November 28th!

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Something positive. When gaming brings families together.
    7f954n4skg40.jpg

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Anyone who tries to take someone's kids away from their mother/father on the basis that the parent plays video games is an idiot.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    Anyone who tries to take someone's kids away from their mother/father on the basis that the parent plays video games is an idiot.

But what if they only play Bad Rats for hours on end.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Just cutting through the games this month!

. . . more because of issues or difficulty, sadly. I had to retire Closure because apparently it's a buggy mess and for me it has a fatal crash now whenever I go through the first door in the game. And I'm retiring Slain because I just can't get past this specific area no matter how hard I try, being careful or being reckless, it doesn't matter. I just don't have the twitch necessary to beat this area, let alone this game.

On the plus side, I have beaten Costume Quest! It's pretty good, though at times it feels a bit too adventure game-y. I suspect that's the Double Fine influence; every Double Fine game I've seen has had that taint of adventure game in it.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Loading...?

Elder Scrolls Online Tamirel Unlimited

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »

Maybe the 1 exception.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Ooh, interesting Humble Monthly. It's a shame the game that gets announced early has been so underwhelming lately.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Ooh, interesting Humble Monthly. It's a shame the game that gets announced early has been so underwhelming lately.

I wouldn't exactly call Rise of the Tomb Raider underwhelming.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    *peeks in*

Hi all, been a while. These are all humble gift links, I don't think they're region restricted.

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

Please enter only if you don't own either:
    signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

And this last one which I'll ask to adhere to my usual newer rules: Please don't enter if you don't plan on playing in the next month or so. Orwell is a game I played recently and really enjoyed, so I'd prefer it goes to a person who intends to enjoy it in the near future.

signature.png

*ducks back out*

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Thus far, Odalus: The Dark Call has been better for me than Slain. Which is interesting, but I thought I'd take a moment to look at it and see why.

Odalus has old NES visuals and old NES stiff controls, and it can be difficult (and looks like it has a life system?), but it's not so hard (yet) that I feel I'm bashing my head against a wall. What's more, it has multiple paths through stages that lead to new secret areas or the main path, areas that you'll need to come back to with power-ups, and health powers and different weapons. Well by god, that's Castlevania, a sort of send-up to Castlevania 2 in many ways. That is, of the NES Castlevanias, my favorite.

Meanwhile, Slain feels like the old "eat-them-quarters" arcade games, and has more in common with things like Golden Axe or Altered Beast, and none of those games really ever held my interest. The high difficulty was a barrier of entry for me, and though Slain's visual style is clearly superior in terms of "the pretty", it just can't compete with me in terms of gameplay.

Kalnaur on
    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    qEjEomZ.png

I'm actually impressed that a Sakura game managed to survive 24 hours before someone threw it at me. :razz:

Thanks @ReverseCreations for Sakura Gamer! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Sumanai wrote: »

I wouldn't exactly call Rise of the Tomb Raider underwhelming.

Underwhelming in that I already own it

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    This is something I've talked about wanting to do if I was rich and didn't have to work, and others expressed an interest.

http://playnite.link/

Haven't tried it out yet, but it's an open source library manager/launcher with support for Steam, GOG, Origin, and uPlay.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

One doesn't "play" Bad Rats so much as endure it.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    This is something I've talked about wanting to do if I was rich and didn't have to work, and others expressed an interest.

http://playnite.link/

Haven't tried it out yet, but it's an open source library manager/launcher with support for Steam, GOG, Origin, and uPlay.

I'm going to have a look at this because I have been wishing for something like this for a long time.

I would love a similar thing for my ebook library too

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Yeah, someone test it out and report back if your PC explodes and your bank account belongs to Russia now.

Looks nifty.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    In Soviet Russia, bank account hacks you!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Whoops, set one of the giveaways to 5pm today instead of next Friday. Oh well!

Congrats @Ed Gruberman - I'll send it when I get back to the computer.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Pixie, tell us if they ever say "tighten up the graphics on level 3" in that.

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Whoops, set one of the giveaways to 5pm today instead of next Friday. Oh well!

Congrats @Ed Gruberman - I'll send it when I get back to the computer.

Whoops! Do you want to do a reroll, @Jragghen? I only just entered and I've been pretty blessed by you guys lately.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Pixie, tell us if they ever say "tighten up the graphics on level 3" in that.

As a real no-foolin' Games Tester, that is straight up what we say all the time.

• Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    Today I assembled my chair. Secretlab Omega. It is very comfy.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Today I assembled my chair. Secretlab Omega. It is very comfy.

I got rid of my computer chair during my recent move. I was pretty sad about it. It was 12 years old and had a lot of wear and tear on it, but we just didn't have room for it in our shipping cube thing. Currently I'm using a chair meant for the dining room. It is not ideal for playing games, but it works.

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular

Give it up Corrigan, I'm not gonna have kids with you.

• Options
    The r/BuildAPC discord is helping me finalize a build. It looks nothing like the one I secretly posted earlier.

Why do I suck so bad at this.

At least I feel better because I can wipe my tears on these steam keys, graciously provided by @Mugsley for:
    Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide
    Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Drachenfels DLC
    Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Item: Razorfang Poison

I don't even have the computer yet, you complete and utter monster.

• Options
    Sorry about the double post but here's an update. Build A PC eviscerated my previous build.

This is what I'm buying tomorrow.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bV4YvV

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Sorry about the double post but here's an update. Build A PC eviscerated my previous build.

This is what I'm buying tomorrow.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bV4YvV

That's a beefy rig, @ElementWrath. Since it doesn't appear to be a budget build, though, I'll say like it seems to be a huge amount of firepower to hook up to a 24" display. I've got the 27" version of that same Dell monitor and it is my beautiful, beautiful darling. PCpartpicker lists it at $530 but there are sellers on Amazon shipping Prime at $514 right now and both Best Buy and Microcenter have it at $500.

EDIT: Whatever monitor you get, it makes a difference to calibrate it. TFTCentral has a database of profiles for different monitors. I used this ICC profile with my S2716DG and it worked a charm: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/icc_profiles/dell_s2716dg.icc.

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Finally got mobile siege mode for the Gauss cannon in Doom.

This is going to be super useful during boss fights.

Got replaying an earlier mission, along with the mastery for explosive shotgun and charged pistol energy shot.

I still need to get the 'Intimacy is Best' rune though so I can get glory kills faster.

Once I get that I'll have it, I'm hoping the combination of it, the 'armored offensive' rune and the 'get rich richer' rune, will make my playthrough with the remaining levels much faster so I can finally knock this off my backlog.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    Whenever I consider building a new PC, I always look at my steam/gog library and realize there are still a lot of games that I want to play through and replay through that run just fine on my current PC and then I talk myself out of it. Just seems like a waste right now for me. There's just not a lot of titles coming up that I'm looking forward to either. I always tend to gravitate towards the older games from late 90s/early 2000s (my favorite era of PC gaming) and indie titles.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    @ElementWrath I assume this was discussed in your Reddit thread, but you should be able to get a single fan AIO for the same price as that be quiet! cooler.

If you're more into air cooling, check the CM Hyper 212; unless you just added a different model by mistake?

• Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    ym2933jm4pj8.png

First up is a game that I hadn't heard about until it came out yesterday, and low and behold, yet another game to add to the pile of amazing games this year. It's a really solid 3D platformer, that has charm and style for days. You find and craft hats which give you different abilities, as well as badges to put on your hats for bonuses. You can also find dyes for your outfit, though I don't know if there different outfits yet. It looked a little generic and drab at first, but the animation in this game really brings the character to life.

A Hat In Time
    bwoi3crvwzfu.jpg

To enter a random draw for this game just send me a private message telling me about your favourite hat of all time. I will be picking the winner some time on October 13.

chuck steak on
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Chuck, is this open to Canadian citizens?

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I am currently gaming on a PC I built in the last year of the Bush administration.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I am currently gaming on a PC I built in the last year of the Bush administration.

This could be bad or really bad.

• Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Chuck, is this open to Canadian citizens?

Considering I'm Canadian it would be kinda messed up if it wasn't. :biggrin:

But ya, I forgot to mention that I will be buying it from Humble, so anybody can feel free to enter, regardless of region.

chuck steak on
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I'm kinda thrown by the lack of discussion on the upcoming Assassin's Creed Origins game. Congress out later this month and from the previews, it seems they've refined the mechanics a lot. It's apparently closer to The Witcher 3 now with areas that have enemies simply too difficult for you to take out. Are people just tired of that series now? It is it simply a case of too many games coming out?

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    I still need to play (only) Unity, but am looking forward to Origins just fine.

There's always too many games coming out.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    I'm kinda thrown by the lack of discussion on the upcoming Assassin's Creed Origins game. Congress out later this month and from the previews, it seems they've refined the mechanics a lot. It's apparently closer to The Witcher 3 now with areas that have enemies simply too difficult for you to take out. Are people just tired of that series now? It is it simply a case of too many games coming out?

I lost interest after Black Flag, the story outside of the historical flashbacks seemed to be getting weaker and weaker and it was just more of the same gameplay wise.

steam_sig.png