As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] New Expansion Announced: Battle for Azeroth.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    No, it's 10% max HP over 4 seconds. The wording is pretty clear, IIRC.

EDIT:
    When slain, non-boss enemies explode, causing all players to suffer 10% of their max health in damage over 4 sec. This effect stacks.

Also, you don't kill everything within 4 seconds. It has to die closer together than that, you need everything to die before the stacks tick once. It's not really that difficult to do, just a matter of actually keeping an eye on which mob has the highest HP and retargeting regularly throughout the pull to ensure the mobs are brought down evenly, as well as checking before the pull to know which mobs have more raw HP than others. It's no different to what you have to do than Bolstering, and while it requires a degree of communication and coordination, it's no less coordination than is required to be regularly stopping DPS, so a group that can manage to stop DPS every 3 stacks should easily be able to manage simultaneous kills.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    It kind of depends on which dungeon/mobs you're fighting. Some mobs do a bunch of aoe damage and multiple mobs can put up multiple dots on people which can linger after the mob dies which can contribute to people not being at high health. And to use the explanation you like to pull out all the time, if everyone is always sitting at max health, you probably arent doing a high enough M+ to where your healer/group is being challenged. I dunno what magical christmasland you live in where you can get a bunch of pugs to do anything close to trying to kill all the mobs at the same time, but for the majority of people that certainly isn't the case, which causes bursting to be a problem for a majority of people. It's hard enough getting a group together where you end up with 3 dps who can push their 3 button dps rotation in the right order and do at least 1mil dps. And for whatever reason nobody ever wants to hop in discord because theyre too busy "getting high, drinking, bangin bitches, listening to music, or whatever other edgelord crap people think is cool. Or ya know, don't speak the same language because Spanish/Portuguese speakers are lumped in with English speakers.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    It kind of depends on which dungeon/mobs you're fighting. Some mobs do a bunch of aoe damage and multiple mobs can put up multiple dots on people which can linger after the mob dies which can contribute to people not being at high health. And to use the explanation you like to pull out all the time, if everyone is always sitting at max health, you probably arent doing a high enough M+ to where your healer/group is being challenged. I dunno what magical christmasland you live in where you can get a bunch of pugs to do anything close to trying to kill all the mobs at the same time, but for the majority of people that certainly isn't the case, which causes bursting to be a problem for a majority of people. It's hard enough getting a group together where you end up with 3 dps who can push their 3 button dps rotation in the right order and do at least 1mil dps. And for whatever reason nobody ever wants to hop in discord because theyre too busy "getting high, drinking, bangin bitches, listening to music, or whatever other edgelord crap people think is cool. Or ya know, don't speak the same language because Spanish/Portuguese speakers are lumped in with English speakers.

I mean, the kind of PUG where you can't manage to get people to kill everything at the same time is also the kind of PUG where you can't get them to stop DPS at 3 stacks either, so neither strategy is going to work. The point is more that for any group where the strategy is something you can actually follow, stacking all of the bursting stacks in one go is much safer AND much more efficient than trying to spread them out.

I'll certainly grant that in a disorganized PUG, Bursting is going to be utterly awful no matter what, but that's more because it actually does require coordination. I was just disputing exactly what form that coordination should take.

• Options
    danxdanx Registered User regular
    Bursting isn't that challenging affix to heal if played properly. I much prefer it if everything dies at once on bursting weeks. Hardly ever happens though as the people I play with don't seem to get the logic. It takes much more mana and is more stressful when shit is dying at random and we have to stop.

It's just the same old let the healer deal with everything while DPS play how they like with a Weakaura or someone yelling at them to stop instead of using their brain. Which they routinely ignore or screw up making things worse. That shit never changes. It might be more annoying because they think they're helping the healer when they're really not but that's not new either.

• Options
    MatthewMatthew Registered User regular
    I trust that we've all signed on to the Save Hati Campaign?

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20759638165?page=1

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    bursting is pretty annoying to heal... for disc priests

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
  • Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Meanwhile, the Chinese Guild Style is livestreaming Mythic Argus progress and they got the first footage of the hidden phase:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp36tLd8fJE

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Okay I fell down that rabbit hole a little. This dude was doing this to his own guild's healers since TOMB?!

what the fuck it's just a game

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Did they kick him, or is his iLvl too high?

• Options
    reVerse wrote: »

Oh they kicked him. And are spreading the news and trying to blacklist him.

He's apparently also a bad player, which is why he resorted to this. They've been unsuccessfully trying to replace him for awhile.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    I just hit item level 931 with my mage, and im not sure what to do next. I have a hard time getting into mythics. I'm either going to unsub or wait until leveling changes are updated and roll a new shaman.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    I just hit item level 931 with my mage, and im not sure what to do next. I have a hard time getting into mythics. I'm either going to unsub or wait until leveling changes are updated and roll a new shaman.

You could try to PUG some raids or look for a raiding group. Normal Antorus PUGs should be easy to come by and heroic Antorus PUGs exist, although I wouldn't do that yet at this point. Mythic PUGs for Antorus aren't going to be a thing for like, ages, and Mythic+ at this point requires substantial time to get into because higher keystone groups want folks with a high Mythic+ score.

• Options

Try to get on Normal Antorus groups, plenty of progression groups around. Heroic this early means finding a guild to be able to regularly clear it.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

He's apparently also a bad player, which is why he resorted to this. They've been unsuccessfully trying to replace him for awhile.

This whole chain is amazing.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    bowen wrote: »

This whole chain is amazing.

The Discord memes are better:
    ta7hbjpvdwdw.png

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    That's crazy. And I have to think against some kind of WoW ToS - they aught to report him with the chat log of him providing that link to the IP scraping site.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular

You could try to PUG some raids or look for a raiding group. Normal Antorus PUGs should be easy to come by and heroic Antorus PUGs exist, although I wouldn't do that yet at this point. Mythic PUGs for Antorus aren't going to be a thing for like, ages, and Mythic+ at this point requires substantial time to get into because higher keystone groups want folks with a high Mythic+ score.

I have recently returned to the game and (granted, as a tank) I haven't had too much of an issue getting in with groups for stuff in the +12 to +15 range. My highest before leaving (back during NH so before they revamped the M+ system) was a +15 and honestly I didn't do more than 2 or 3 of my most comfortable dungeons at that level.

At that item level I don't think a low Mythic+ score is going to be some insane barrier. You'll want to try to get something as high as you can done each week for the cache anyhow, M+ is something you'll probably want to start rolling on as soon as you can.

• Options
    Mc zanyMc zany Registered User regular
    I would give Blizzard a lifetime subscription if the titans didn't let you attempt mythic Argus if you don't have the achievement for killing him.

If the raid leader manages to persuade them. They are allowed one attempt but with a warning that if they did low dps they would be thrown out of the instance.

• Options
    This guy from Limit is actually a really funny read

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    is that whole guild just full of trolls or something

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »

What am i looking at here?

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    Weak Auras are a type of script you can add to your game that run under a one specific had on. They're extremely customisable, you can do almost anything with them, for example I have one that tracks the interrupt of every single person in my party along with all of their major defensive cooldowns, so when I'm doing a high mythic dungeon key I know what interrupts I can call for when needed. Another example is one that puts a big flashing icon on the screen when you have a certain debuff in a boss fight. They're very powerful, and can be easily shared by copying text strings from a website, or by sharing them in game by providing a link to them.

So what this guy's done is create a weakaura that appears to tell him when one of his co-healers is is using one of their big healing cooldowns, so that he can use his first and snipe all of the healing. Not the kind of thing you would do on progression, but on a farm run you could troll your friends by doing this so that they look like they're doing way less healing and don't know why.

The joke being that he's not actually using such a weak aura, and to help sell it as something he actually uses, he "accidentally" links it in guild chat.

Wow, typed out like that it sounds super unfunny.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    he's also got a macro there that removes all heals over time on himself when he casts flash of light

also the funny thing about that weakaura (if you look at the screenshot) is that it pops up a gigantic button in the middle of his screen

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

WeakAuras is a customizable tool that - among other things - lets you share custom notifications with group/raid members. One method is through clicking a link in chat, which automatically imports all of the shared custom settings.

As such it's also very abusable, in which case they set it up so victims get a giant icon plastered over the front of most of the screen when a raid member casts a specific spell.

• Options
    edited December 2017
    TL, DR: Snipe healing is the best healing.

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    Donnicton wrote: »

WeakAuras is a customizable tool that - among other things - lets you share custom notifications with group/raid members. One method is through clicking a link in chat, which automatically imports all of the shared custom settings.

As such it's also very abusable, in which case they set it up so victims get a giant icon plastered over the front of most of the screen when a raid member casts a specific spell.

In this case the joke wasn't inflicting the icon on someone, the joke was that he's made that huge icon for himself so he can snipe healing.

• Options
    Weak Auras are a type of script you can add to your game that run under a one specific had on. They're extremely customisable, you can do almost anything with them, for example I have one that tracks the interrupt of every single person in my party along with all of their major defensive cooldowns, so when I'm doing a high mythic dungeon key I know what interrupts I can call for when needed. Another example is one that puts a big flashing icon on the screen when you have a certain debuff in a boss fight. They're very powerful, and can be easily shared by copying text strings from a website, or by sharing them in game by providing a link to them.

So what this guy's done is create a weakaura that appears to tell him when one of his co-healers is is using one of their big healing cooldowns, so that he can use his first and snipe all of the healing. Not the kind of thing you would do on progression, but on a farm run you could troll your friends by doing this so that they look like they're doing way less healing and don't know why.

The joke being that he's not actually using such a weak aura, and to help sell it as something he actually uses, he "accidentally" links it in guild chat.

Wow, typed out like that it sounds super unfunny.

We had a healer who legit did that. He eventually threw a bitch fit and left for other reasons, and the healing output of all of other healers (who he was constantly shit-talking) went up immediately.

:rotate:

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    I first realized cutting edge raiders have a whole different mindset than the unwashed masses at the H Lich King race.

For those weren’t around, someone realized that engineer bombs caused a platform to not disappear, making the fight a little bit easier. Instead of informing Blizzard of this bug, a few, if not all of the members switched to engineering just to get World First.

And then people blamed Blizzard for not testing the encounter enough to figure out using a obscure item from a ‘joke’ profession would somehow cause this.

• Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    Looks like a gotta find my way into a heroic Argus kill at some point in the future.

Normally I don't give a shit but that Violet Spellwing is a must-get for my mage.

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    When is this new leveling update actually hitting the game?

• Options

Patch 7.3.5. there's no date for it yet but it is already on the PTR so can't be more than a month or so.

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular

Patch 7.3.5. there's no date for it yet but it is already on the PTR so can't be more than a month or so.

Thanks. I'm thinking about subbing again but starting from scratch. No idea where/what server. Might wait for that patch first though.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I dunno, a month sounds overly soon to me, they won't even have finished opening all the LFR wings in a month. I'm betting 3 months, maybe even longer if 7.3.5 is the "here's some shit to do until the next expansion comes out, I guess" last patch of legion.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Matthew wrote: »
    I trust that we've all signed on to the Save Hati Campaign?

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20759638165?page=1

Really the more I think about it I feel it's silly they are going back to weapons as that sucks some of them are just bad for various reasons and just worth it to vendor or D/E
    I don't mind the artifacts my only gripe about them is the fact they put in the class passives as filler

But then again I am not really looking forward to BFA I am far more excited for vanilla than being forced to do someone's fan fiction for the 3rd time

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    I could see them putting it out late January. No need to rush it, you've got Christmas and New Year's in-game events coming up, and that'll let you slide from now until then.

But even that seems incredibly optimistic.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    They're still in the process of adding in quests/dialogue related to recruiting the first two allied races, so it'll be several more builds at least, and they average roughly 1 build a week. Then a month or more of stability testing, once the PTR is feature-complete.

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    This is something I’d expect from EVE Online, not WOW.

Muzzmuzz on
This discussion has been closed.