As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] New Expansion Announced: Battle for Azeroth.

FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?"Registered User regular
edited November 2017 in MMO Extravaganza
New expansion announced at Blizzcon: Battle for Azeroth.

Here's the cinematic trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSJr3dXZfcg

Features trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsZ9xkVQ_Vs
- Opens up Level 120
- New continents-- Kul Turas and Zandalar. Also looks like several island groups as PVP warzones.
- Six (!!) new playable races, all based on LEGION races-- Highmountain Tauren, Lightforged Draenei, Nightborne, Void Elf, Zandalari
Troll, and Dark Iron Dwarf

Official Blizzard expansion page, looks like the Island expansion we've all been waiting for: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/

Patch 7.3 for WORLD OF WARCRAFT: Legion arrived in August. Here's the official Blizzard link: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/

Wowhead link, including Argus strategy guide: http://ptr.wowhead.com/comprehensive-argus-guide

Argus is the Legion's homeworld, and it's time to the take the fight to them. Similar to The Timeless Isle, Argus provides lots of catch-up content to jazz up your Artifacts, get some high-end gear, and bring your alts up to speed with new content and material appearing every week.

Fairchild on

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Finally back on track to earning my class mount on the priest. WOW though does the Sentinax part suck ass now. They nerfed the number of things you need I think, but like... it took me an hour to even find a group on group finder. Even then, it was more of a rag-tag group who had to farm the beacons like me, so the portals came super slow. It's basically impossible to solo too with how rare the beacons are. Glad I finally got it done though. Ugg, now to do a bunch more pointless busy work quests. And I think hit exalted? I thought I read that was required. I'm Honored :/

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Finally back on track to earning my class mount on the priest. WOW though does the Sentinax part suck ass now. They nerfed the number of things you need I think, but like... it took me an hour to even find a group on group finder. Even then, it was more of a rag-tag group who had to farm the beacons like me, so the portals came super slow. It's basically impossible to solo too with how rare the beacons are. Glad I finally got it done though. Ugg, now to do a bunch more pointless busy work quests. And I think hit exalted? I thought I read that was required. I'm Honored :/

You can but an item with nether shards that summons a monster that guarantees a blue beacon, when the disrupror building is up, iirc.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    Ah the Sentinax it looms over me like a awkward fart as i level my warlock.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

Yeah this is the problem with making integral quests part of content that's meant to have a bunch of people running around, eventually most people leave that zone and then people doing the quest line are screwed.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    3clipse wrote: »

Yeah this is the problem with making integral quests part of content that's meant to have a bunch of people running around, eventually most people leave that zone and then people doing the quest line are screwed.

Part of this could have been avoided if they did not make the war supply turn in completely worthless in 7.3 (nethershards too - about the only thing worth buying now is follower catch up stuff). I mean, I get they don't want people running "old" content, but there is literally no incentive at all now. If you still got those bags, I think you'd still have some people doing things like Sentinax. The buildings barely progress even with the boosted rate too.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    I've never been able to figure out why they don't want people running old content. You'd think that having lots of things for people to that are rewarding would help with retention and reduce the repetitiveness of the grind.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    <tinfoil hats> almost everything on Argus has a Legendary drop chance and they want to meter how quickly you can get Legendaries even if you do every possible drop chance activity every week </tinfoil hats>

• Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    They don't want people thinking running old content is required. It's absolutely why the AP drop rates crater once a raid is no longer relevant.

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Did got my first Legendary on baby Shaman by doing almost nothing except Argus and it hasn't been a week since I reached cap. So that's cool I guess.

Not going to stress over getting BiS again, will do a lot of old raids for Balance of Power anyways.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    They don't want people thinking running old content is required. It's absolutely why the AP drop rates crater once a raid is no longer relevant.

They should have thought of that before implementing things the way they did.

Like, ok, you don't want to have legendary chance on Broken Shore anymore. Why not keep all the purples that used to be there, don't let them proc legendaries anymore, but are now BoA? You have now given people a reason to do the content, either because they are undergreared or want to send stuff to alts. But it's also not required for high end raiding type stuff.

I mean, they've already made Broken Shore required because you HAVE to do it to get all the extra class hall stuff, flying, and your class mount. But they've just made it completely unrewarding while you are in the process of grinding for those things while also making them harder to grind for because no one is there anymore. Honestly if my alts never had to step foot on Broken Shore, I'd be elated. That place just sucks.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    hindsight's always 20/20, but yeah they made a lot of mistakes with broken shore, like budgeting too much development time to class specific order hall stuff supposedly to the detriment of the weekly unlock content quests leading up to the raid.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Heroic KJ down!

With no tanks alive for the final 10%!

That was so scary!

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    That is freaky because I also accomplished the same thing the same minute you posted.

• Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    That's awesome! We'll done!

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    Kai_San wrote: »
    That is freaky because I also accomplished the same thing the same minute you posted.

Are you in Death and Destruction on Skullcrusher...?

• Options
    No, but our tank wasn't dead either. Just got ahead of the curve at the same time.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    I keep forgetting to do Argus questline stuff, I guess because it's really involved and I don't have the time. I sat down and knocked a bunch out tonight. I think I am mostly caught up? I am up to the quest to do the dungeon. I dunno if there's more after that. I suppose this weekend I should also do the dungeon and some of the rifts or whatever, since I guess that is how you get the new world bosses? I was a little intimidated by the rifts at first (because again, no auto queue for some reason), but then I just joined one and saw it was all faceroll ridiculously easy (also I didn't realize you could raid group it... the group I joined ballooned to like 20 people or something dumb and stuff was just melting).

I should probably also pound away at my priest's mount questline since I seem to recall needing to do a dumb Command Center mission for one of the steps and I should probably get to that step before it's back up again, since those missions take forever (and two of them are now completely useless! Yay!) and who knows how long it is between times being up with the slow trickle of resources.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    It's worth it to finish argues on at least one character, since the netherlight crucible is an account-wide unlock.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Javen wrote: »
    It's worth it to finish argues on at least one character, since the netherlight crucible is an account-wide unlock.

Yeah I just unlocked that. Of course, it is only account wide if you bother to start the Argus stuff on your alts :P hehehe... (I probably should on my priest I guess for the crucible... not that her relics are that good anyways..)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    it's an instant 15 ilvls on your weapon so it ain't nothing
    the dungeon quest is currently the end of the story stuff, only thing to do other than that is quests for the krokuul broken for new follower missions, troop types and follower gear and higher follower ilvl items

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I have yet to find any follower ilvl stuff at all. I've been doing the quests for the garbage equipment too

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    Once you finish the dungeon the follow up quest for alleria starts to trigger the missions that drop the 925 Follower stuff and when you finish getting 6 to 925 you can start the missions to get 950 tokens.

• Options
    Oh, somehow I missed this yesterday:
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/21061014/new-audio-drama-a-thousand-years-of-war-the-story-of-alleria-turalyon

Will this explain why Alleria keeps saying it's been 1000 years? Because that still makes no sense to me...

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Oh, somehow I missed this yesterday:
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/21061014/new-audio-drama-a-thousand-years-of-war-the-story-of-alleria-turalyon

Will this explain why Alleria keeps saying it's been 1000 years? Because that still makes no sense to me...

I haven't listened to it so I don't know the actual answer, but I just figured they got jaunted.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Dimensional travel distorts time and your perception of it and is magic and quite frankly is an irrelevant point.

Got 4 slots left for full vendor gear, so full speed on that, want to be done this week. Then probably Balance of Power, Legionfall and stuff.

Also, missing not many rares for the full archie so want to knock that out of the way.

This week guild had a severe case of roster not being able to make it so progress stalled. Want to be done with the push for Curve, but it will have to wait another week.

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    alleria and turalyon experiencing 1000 years while only 30 or 40 years passed on azeroth makes more sense than whatever the fuck was happening with the burning legion and the timeline in warlords of draenor

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i just wish fantasy settings would stop measuring time in the thousands

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    or at the very least have a more realistic sense of what that span of time would actually do to people and cultures, people and cultures don't even stay very static over 100 years, let alone 1000 or 10000

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    well they're basically trying to say "And then a long time passed" except that they think fantasy needs to have hard concrete numbers so they use a number that has a good mouthfeel

like they didn't set the war of the ancients ten thousand years ago because they wanted to explore how night elf culture would change over the course of ten thousand years, they set it then so that illidan could say "FEEL THE HATRED OF TEN THOUSAND YEARS"

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    On the fair side, the Twisting Nether is basically The Warp from Warhammer 40k, so time not being linear there because hyperspace dimensional travel to cross the distance between worlds is a thing.

On the other, you could put the War of the Ancients like, less than a century before the First War and absolutely nothing would change. But then, is a setting for a videogame, so is not exactly Lord of the Rings.

• Options
    "FEEL THE HATRED OF NINE THOUSAND EIGHT HUNDRED AND FOURTY SEVEN YEARS"

Well, it's silly but slightly more intimidating.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    "FEEL THE HATRED OF NINE THOUSAND EIGHT HUNDRED AND FOURTY SEVEN YEARS"

Well, it's silly but slightly more intimidating.

"I have been waiting for you for...uh...a hundred years!"

"That's a nice round number."

"Sure, for one he just made up."

"So lame."

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Well, that was fun. Knocked out both the Shadow and Discipline artifact challenges today.

The Holy one's probably going to be harder, since it's vastly under-leveled compared to the other two, and I don't really have a healing leggo.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    MasterOfPupetsMasterOfPupets Registered User regular
    I'm still working on the guardian challenge. Getting frustrated, so I had to walk away. I'm also leveling my mage, mainly just because...

XBL = MoP54
    PSN = PessimistMaximus
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    I have zero patience for the challenges and I'm bad and can't even break 1 million dps on my fully heroic tomb geared hunter main, but I want the outlaw rogue rapier appearance so bad...

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    I have zero patience for the challenges and I'm bad and can't even break 1 million dps on my fully heroic tomb geared hunter main, but I want the outlaw rogue rapier appearance so bad...

The outlaw one is hardest if the rogue ones.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Smrtnik wrote: »

The outlaw one is hardest if the rogue ones.

I know >:( and I'm far from good at outlaw or well-geared.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I could have sworn one of the hunter story quests mentioned someone being jailed and tortured by a demon lord on his own fancy demon plane where time moved more quickly, and that she had probably been there for 1000 years, and I thought that was Alleria they were talking about. Like, before we went to Argus and she showed up.

I mentioned it to a friend of mine who pretty much only plays his hunter and he had no idea what I was talking about.

edit: I want to say it was part of the marksman artifact stuff, but it's been so long that may be wrong or it may have just been talking about someone else entirely.

Ranlin on
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    The marksman artifact is Alleria's bow, yeah
    Wowhead indicates that the quest to get it pretty explicitly includes the stuff you remember, and it's in the audio drama too

mkc.png
This discussion has been closed.