As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Indie Games] would be great on Switch!

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Star Citizen
    it looks like armored core, but somehow even more inscrutable

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    DayZ
    put that mech customisation system into my bloodstream right now

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    DayZ
    Shorty wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/zdHmrjMs9ew

Uh

This looks amazing?!

uhhh shit yeah it does, and out in two days?

that's dope

Speak of the devil (I haven't watched this yet, since it literally just came out):
    https://youtu.be/D8mPdZ0EJRc

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    very much a "giant bomb employee cannot properly read the game screen while explaining the game and misses a lot of things" quick look

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    wait so you only ever play the blonde girl?

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Star Citizen
    https://youtu.be/zdHmrjMs9ew

Uh

This looks amazing?!

uhhh shit yeah it does, and out in two days?

that's dope

oh shit its the noitu love developer

neat

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Star Citizen
    people keep thinking that what I want out of a cyberpunk game is to stand around and talk to people and I don't know where they get this shit

• Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    Me, they got it from me, i told them

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    DayZ
    people keep thinking that what I want out of a cyberpunk game is to stand around and talk to people and I don't know where they get this shit

I dunno that people are thinking about what you want out of a cyberpunk game.

I more think that the kind of people who like games where you stand around and talk to people are largely very into cyberpunk as an aesthetic.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Cyberpunk drinking establishment talky talk game but it all takes place in the dank ill lit by neon alley outside the drinking establishment

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Spy Party

I think it's more that the people that really wanna make cyberpunk games can only afford to make ones where you stand around and talk to people

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Zandracon wrote: »

This was apparently originally for smartphones. Which, 1) that is quite impressive and 2) good lord I would not be able to parse that at all on my phone screen.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Star Citizen
    I understand that video game developers aren't actually familiar with my innermost desires, that part of the post was a joke

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Star Citizen
    one day Cyberpunk 2077 will exist and you’ll finally be able to bodymod swords inside your arms and hack and slash the Corp in more ways than one

• Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    I understand that video game developers aren't actually familiar with my innermost desires, that part of the post was a joke

Hey Shorty pitch me your ideal cyberpunk game

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Daikatana remaster

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Star Citizen
    YaYa wrote: »
    one day Cyberpunk 2077 will exist and you’ll finally be able to bodymod swords inside your arms and hack and slash the Corp in more ways than one

It'll take place on a planet inside Star Citizen.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Man remember Anachronox

Let’s bring that back

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    I played Slay the Spire and got Snecko Eye when my deck was primarily backflips, acrobatics, and multiple copies of the power that poisons all enemies every turn.

I once played 28 cards in a single turn.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    DayZ

Yeah I know, I'm just sayin'

I think the venn diagram of "people who (can) make cyberpunk games" and you pretty much only intersects at "likes cyberpunk"

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Star Citizen
    DrDinosaur wrote: »

I would basically take the core ideas of Watch Dogs and combine them with those of Heat Signature to make a stealth hacking game that's about making plans and then making entirely new plans when everything goes to shit, and it would probably not punish you quite as hard as Heat Signature does for screwing up

narratively, I'd keep it focused on one person trying to just live their fuckin' life in this piece of shit system, like a Gibson novel, rather than an overtly revolutionary story like Watch_Dogs

alternately, a 3d action game like Nier: Automata about a shadowrun-style street samurai which explores what humanity even means in a world where having enough money means you can go and trade in your body for a new one that has swords for arms and a minidisc player in the crotch or whatever

Shorty on
  • Options
    Star Citizen
    milski wrote: »
    I played Slay the Spire and got Snecko Eye when my deck was primarily backflips, acrobatics, and multiple copies of the power that poisons all enemies every turn.

snecko eye is ricockulous

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular

snecko eye is ricockulous

So many people give advice to pick high cost cards with it and that's good, but you actually want mass card draw to go infinite.

Also, new theory: any warrior deck that can get two Exhume+s can go literally infinite and combine with anything that applies on card play/skill cast/exhaust

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    DayZ
    DrDinosaur wrote: »

I would basically take the core ideas of Watch Dogs and combine them with those of Heat Signature to make a stealth hacking game that's about making plans and then making entirely new plans when everything goes to shit, and it would probably not punish you quite as hard as Heat Signature does for screwing up

narratively, I'd keep it focused on one person trying to just live their fuckin' life in this piece of shit system, like a Gibson novel, rather than an overtly revolutionary story like Watch_Dogs

alternately, a 3d action game like Nier: Automata about a shadowrun-style street samurai which explores what humanity even means in a world where having enough money means you can go and trade in your body for a new one that has swords for arms and a minidisc player in the crotch or whatever

this would be great

but I want hacking that's kinda like that of Hacknet

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Indivsible puts up updates every so often about the party members that are going to be in the game and most of their moves.

Their latest update is about the sexy ninja boy

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Spy Party

Yeah I had a game like this last night. I had a bunch of energy boosting powers, a bunch of backflips and acrobatics and backpacks, and an upgraded bullet time.

So I'd spent my first couple of action points in a turn assembling the correct combination of cards, then activate bullet time and burn through like a dozen different attack cards (many of which would then in turn set me up with good cards or extra action points for the next turn). It was fantastic, although the level two boss took me out.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Star Citizen
    I just finished the game with a silent snecko eye deck like that, it was incredibly stupid

I beat the time eater with a deck which routinely played 15 cards a turn

that is not supposed to happen

Shorty on
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Man remember Anachronox

Let’s bring that back

Yeah that game was really ahead of its time

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular

That doesn’t only look fun but it’s got a dope beat

Might need to consider finally buying VR for a game like that

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Spy Party

Nice to see Rhythm Violence catching on as a genre.

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Star Citizen
    why is Iconoclasts not on the PSN store yet

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    YaYa wrote: »
    why is Iconoclasts not on the PSN store yet

usually at @ 3PM CT. might be up on Steam tho

edit: it is! http://store.steampowered.com/app/393520/Iconoclasts/

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular

That looks like a game that can only be played for about 20 minutes a day. Decent cardio routine though.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    DayZ
    Destructoid's review of Iconoclasts is glowing

Can't wait to pick that up

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Holy shit, Iconoclasts is tiny. 99 megs!

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Star Citizen
    according to steam it requires 162 mb of disk space

which is still tiny

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Spy Party
    Yes hello I would play Jedi Rock Band if VR wasn't the cost of an actual limb.

• Options
    DayZ
    Yes hello I would play Jedi Rock Band if VR wasn't the cost of an actual limb.

You mean Jizz Band

cdci44qazyo3.gif

This discussion has been closed.