Options

I have no idea what I just ordered from the [Bad Food Thread]

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Is there a way to do that without involving tomatoes?

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »

Substitute bacon?

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Woo, leftovers for breakfast

Specifically, a mashed potato sandwich with sriracha sauce

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Potato leftovers are the best and most versatile.

Indian food leftovers are second place.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Label wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    So hungry......
    Yesterday while in the closing hour of work an insatiable hunger overtook me
    I had 2 bowls of cereal and a microwaved lasagna. I only gave up because I was tired
    For lunch we had that rather usually filling porky taco
    I have no idea what to call it my brother renders done a pork cutlet in salsa like one does with pulled pork but most of this is done while it sits waiting the day before in the fridge. It's mixed with rice and served in a tortilla with frijoles.
    This usually is very filling yet I still hungered. I ate my lunch yet I wanted more so at my 2nd break I went to Mc'ds and got two double cheese and wolfed them down
    I am right now eating my 3rd bowl of cereal and still I am not full

Have you tried some sort of vegetables, fruit, or salad? Sometimes if I get hungry and eating reflexively doesn't satiate me, fruits or veggies can get me whatever I'm missing.

Because my diet is rather poor at times because of my lack of a car and the stores are so far away it makes riding my bike to them not worth the effort I tend to fall back on frozen and other premade junk and my body goes all to hell
    Like toilet filling dumps or other fun things
    I do hate begging for a ride to the store but alas it's time once more

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Potato leftovers are the best and most versatile.

Indian food leftovers are second place.

Hypothetically, I suppose.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Mmm tied? Maybe tied.

Potatoes + Indian food leftovers are a real masterstroke.

E: for real though last night I peeled a roasted sweet potato, smashed it into a pan with butter, and tossed in the bits of my spinach salad I didn't eat at lunch, and the sauce remainder from some dry pepper chicken from Indian takeaway. It was so frickin' good.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    Label wrote: »
    So hungry......
    Yesterday while in the closing hour of work an insatiable hunger overtook me
    I had 2 bowls of cereal and a microwaved lasagna. I only gave up because I was tired
    For lunch we had that rather usually filling porky taco
    I have no idea what to call it my brother renders done a pork cutlet in salsa like one does with pulled pork but most of this is done while it sits waiting the day before in the fridge. It's mixed with rice and served in a tortilla with frijoles.
    This usually is very filling yet I still hungered. I ate my lunch yet I wanted more so at my 2nd break I went to Mc'ds and got two double cheese and wolfed them down
    I am right now eating my 3rd bowl of cereal and still I am not full

Have you tried some sort of vegetables, fruit, or salad? Sometimes if I get hungry and eating reflexively doesn't satiate me, fruits or veggies can get me whatever I'm missing.

Because my diet is rather poor at times because of my lack of a car and the stores are so far away it makes riding my bike to them not worth the effort I tend to fall back on frozen and other premade junk and my body goes all to hell
    Like toilet filling dumps or other fun things
    I do hate begging for a ride to the store but alas it's time once more

I hate going to the store too. I manage by getting a bunch of frozen veggies and using those.

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »

I find raw tomatoes to be mostly terrible but roasting them makes them really nice.

Seriously, slices of beef tomatoes in burgers are awful.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    give me your tomatoes

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited October 2017

nothing is sadder than gefilte fish putting on airs, pretending to be anything other than wobbly, depressed balls of fish mince

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    i'm a huge fan of thai leftover, but that's bc I don't get as much indian takeout

Lalabox on
  • Options
    You should

Tandoori mixed grill is amazing

Karl "an actual british indian person" approved

• Options
    yeah there are some fantastic indian places around, just none near me so it's more something I go to rather than have at my place

• Options
    my favourite place is probably actually pakistani, and they have these amazing tandoori chickens which are done all proper-like in the fire ovens and taste like heaven

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Foursquare did a thing where they figured out the most popular fast food chain in every state in the US.
    For the study, we looked at which chains received the most visits on average in every state based on the total number of visits to each chain divided by the number of locations in that state.

most%20popular%20fastfood%20chain%204x3%201.png

Link.

sig.gif
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    That map seems odd to me. Like there can't be that many Chik-fill-a

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    Chick Fill A is gross!

That map has to be a lie.

• Options
    Aren't Chick-Fill-A the company that does really good fried chicken but hates anyone who isn't CIS and straight?

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    The Chick-fil-A closest to me usually has a line of cars waiting on drive-thru going around the whole parking lot.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Eh, the maths rewards a chain having fewer locations but still being popular.

• Options
    Karl wrote: »
    Aren't Chick-Fill-A the company that does really good fried chicken but hates anyone who isn't CIS and straight?

Their chicken is mediocre at best and they usually do just sandwiches and such, not whole chicken pieces.

And also yes their owners are or were huge anti-LGBTQ people.

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Chick-fil-A was on top in Washington, too? I don't even have one in my town!

• Options
    I'm from the UK where our only national fried chicken chain is KFC

We have loads of individual local chicken places though. And they're all referred to as "the chicken shop".

Mine is Dallas Chicken. I am 99.9% certain that none of the staff have ever been to the US, let alone Dallas.

But they do an excellent 6 hot wings/chips/drink meal for £2.99. Goes down a treat after a night on the beers

• Options
    do chicken shops tend to do fried chicken? we don't have as many chicken shops here, but they tend to do those spit-roast chickens that they cut into pieces

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Chick Fill A is gross!

That map has to be a lie.

It's also the overlap of people who eat at fast food and actively uses FourSquare.

Which I'd believe it's exactly Jesus Chicken's audience.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I'm also surprised that Burger King doesn't have a single state, and that Raising Cane's is #1 in California over In-N-Out.

sig.gif
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    That map seems odd to me. Like there can't be that many Chik-fill-a

My guess is there are a lot of states where there's only one location.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    do chicken shops tend to do fried chicken? we don't have as many chicken shops here, but they tend to do those spit-roast chickens that they cut into pieces

We get those at Costco, and a lot of grocery stores do them as well.

If a place is known as a "chicken place", it's generally fried chicken.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    There is no way that In an Out wins over Whataburger in Texas.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Mmm tied? Maybe tied.

Potatoes + Indian food leftovers are a real masterstroke.

E: for real though last night I peeled a roasted sweet potato, smashed it into a pan with butter, and tossed in the bits of my spinach salad I didn't eat at lunch, and the sauce remainder from some dry pepper chicken from Indian takeaway. It was so frickin' good.

Can you extrapolate on the bold part? Because I love all 3 of those words, and putting them together has me very intrigued.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Yeah there's no way Chik-fil-a is the favorite franchise of NYS, there's all of like 6 locations and 4 of them are in NYC.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    That just tells me a lot of Foursquare users go to Chik-fil-a.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Oh god, please remove your politics from the bad food thread. I don't give a shit what the company does with its money. Does it have a product I want to shove in my pie hole? That is the question I ask when i see a place selling food. Do you really think every single person that works for a chick-fi-la is a raging bigot? Do you want to punish every minimum wage cashier that wants to earn a paycheck and actually have sundays off? They make a damn good chicken sandwich/nuggets. The Survey was about peoples favorite food places to eat. They deserve to be at the top if the food is good. I don't see anyone boycotting the entirety of Hollywood over Weinstein, or the entirety of Disney and everything they own because Walt Disney was anti-semetic.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    azith28 wrote: »
    Oh god, please remove your politics from the bad food thread. I don't give a shit what the company does with its money. Does it have a product I want to shove in my pie hole? That is the question I ask when i see a place selling food. Do you really think every single person that works for a chick-fi-la is a raging bigot? Do you want to punish every minimum wage cashier that wants to earn a paycheck and actually have sundays off? They make a damn good chicken sandwich/nuggets. The Survey was about peoples favorite food places to eat. They deserve to be at the top if the food is good. I don't see anyone boycotting the entirety of Hollywood over Weinstein, or the entirety of Disney and everything they own because Walt Disney was anti-semetic.

What if I also just think their food is bad?
    Also I'll post my politics if I want here, see:

Fast Food employees deserve a living wage, and it should be a federally mandated living wage. They should also be able to collectively bargain and unionize if they want.

Uriel on
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Then that is fine. This is the bad food thread. But don't pretend some here are not basing there food choice on the politics of a corporation which is just batshit silly.
    I'm not trying to stop your opinions...but stick to the thread topic please.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    This is SE and threads go off topic all the time.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    But also this is SE++ and staying on topic is a rarity? If people want to vent their frustrations about the policies of a place that is currently being discussed, that also seems like a valid place for it.

Also Whataburger is delicious but I'm the only one in my house that likes it so I never get it. Anyone have a mellow mushroom by them? Tasty pizzas!

Also next week is beer and burger week in baton rouge. Fancy ass burgers for $6 at a huge list of restaurants and beer specials also at said restaurants

• Options
    I mean it isn't an on topic forum in the first place and choosing to not eat somewhere for whatever reason is still reasonablly connected to the topic at hand. No reason to get bent out of shape about it. If someone posts something you disagree with just ignore it?

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »

Then don't talk about politics, no one is forcing you to read those posts. I didn't particularly give a shit either, I just scrolled on by rather than try and tell people what to talk about.

This discussion has been closed.