I have no idea what I just ordered from the [Bad Food Thread]

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Candy corn is a meme???

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Candy corn is a meme???

Sort of. People play it up as not even candy or super gross.

Those circus peanuts are far worse.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Candy corn is a meme???

Sort of. People play it up as not even candy or super gross.

Those circus peanuts are far worse.

Give me all the orange circus peanuts.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Candy corn is bad but it's not like I'm ever put in a situation where I need to eat it

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    The worst thing is the generic orange and black wrapped taffy that shows up from some godforsaken pit for a month surrounding Halloween and then disappears for the rest of the year because it sucks.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    The worst thing is the generic orange and black wrapped taffy that shows up from some godforsaken pit for a month surrounding Halloween and then disappears for the rest of the year because it sucks.

As a kid, we had a basset hound who would find her way into our halloween candy stashes.
    She'd eat damned near anything in the stash, often times even managing to unwrap the candy before she ate it.
    But the one thing she'd never touch was that taffy.

• Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Those are peanut butter kisses, and they are the best.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Candy corn is a meme???

hav u heard of homestuck

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular

The peanut butter ones? Those are so good!
    Gimme all of those! I'll trade you for... 3 musketeers or Butterfinger orrrrr smarties

• Options
    Lalabox wrote: »
    Candy corn is a meme???

hav u heard of homestuck

I’m not sure, do you think someone could tell me about it?

• Options
    peanut butter improves whatever it's on

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    It's Diwali!!!

Luckily for me, this means that some very wonderful Hindu co-workers brought around a trolley of sweets today!

A Diwali trolley!

There were Jalebi, kaju katli, and some mootichoor ladoo.

I'm such a happy happy happy fat girl.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    So hungry......
    Yesterday while in the closing hour of work an insatiable hunger overtook me
    I had 2 bowls of cereal and a microwaved lasagna. I only gave up because I was tired
    For lunch we had that rather usually filling porky taco
    I have no idea what to call it my brother renders done a pork cutlet in salsa like one does with pulled pork but most of this is done while it sits waiting the day before in the fridge. It's mixed with rice and served in a tortilla with frijoles.
    This usually is very filling yet I still hungered. I ate my lunch yet I wanted more so at my 2nd break I went to Mc'ds and got two double cheese and wolfed them down
    I am right now eating my 3rd bowl of cereal and still I am not full

Brainleech on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

I'm led to believe that there's a large warehouse in Winnett, Montana that's been full of that stuff since sometime around 1956, at least two decades after the factory making the taffy shut down. Every year at halloween the county distributes a couple of tonnes of the taffy mostly out of a sense of duty and tradition than anything else.

• Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    So hungry......
    I had 2 bowls of cereal and a microwaved lasagna. I only gave up because I was tired
    I have no idea what to call it my brother renders done a pork cutlet in salsa like one does with pulled pork but most of this is done while it sits waiting the day before in the fridge. It's mixed with rice and served in a tortilla with frijoles.
    This usually is very filling yet I still hungered. I ate my lunch yet I wanted more so at my 2nd break I went to Mc'ds and got two double cheese and wolfed them down

Have you tried some sort of vegetables, fruit, or salad? Sometimes if I get hungry and eating reflexively doesn't satiate me, fruits or veggies can get me whatever I'm missing.

• Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    So hungry......

Romany curse.

Edit: P.C. (Was just going to ask if anyone brushed his face and whispered "thinner")

E.Coyote on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I really need to try this new chorizo burger from Whataburger.

• Options
    E.Coyote wrote: »
    So hungry......

Gypsy curse.

Hey mate, just a heads up, that's a slur.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

I'm led to believe that there's a large warehouse in Winnett, Montana that's been full of that stuff since sometime around 1956, at least two decades after the factory making the taffy shut down. Every year at halloween the county distributes a couple of tonnes of the taffy mostly out of a sense of duty and tradition than anything else.

That's the exact same meme candy corn has going.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    After spending much too long looking at the scones section of the grocery store, I finally decided to just be extra bad and grab a few cookies from their bakery. I got 4 hamentashen and 1 pecan shortbread thing.

Screw you, weight loss! Future me will regret this when I don't lose anything this week. Worth it.

• Options
    hamentashen is very fignewtony, and figs are healthy right?

fake edit: chrome says fignewtony is a fucking word, my world is complete

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    hamentashen is very fignewtony, and figs are healthy right?

fake edit: chrome says fignewtony is a fucking word, my world is complete

I spent some time yesterday staring at a shelf of Fig Newtons that were on sale and telling myself "NO. NONONO. You know if you buy one package you will NOT be able to stop eating them!"

I love Fig Newtons.

Hamentashen is similar in that it has a soft/lightly-chewy fruit jam center, and a cookie on the outside...but the cookie part in hamentashen is a shortbread, and the amount of jam you can fit in them is intense. Probably one of the reasons they're one of my favorite kinds of cookies? :P I ADORE fruit-based desserts.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Candy corn is trash. Throw it in a fire and watch those flames turn blue/green.

The night is dark and full of terrors

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    I really need to try this new chorizo burger from Whataburger.

I've had the chorizo taquitio and it was actually really good.

• Options
    someone at work is having garlic knots and it is making me stupid hungry... but I'm trying to get back on the weight loss after I fell off a few weeks ago

eating 18 garlic knots wouldn't kill me today, right?

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    someone at work is having garlic knots and it is making me stupid hungry... but I'm trying to get back on the weight loss after I fell off a few weeks ago

not literally

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Oh no there's a whole bunch of left over ice cream in the office fridge from a coworker's birthday party yesterday but today I'm the only one actually in the warehouse oooooh noooooooooo

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »

not literally

Only socially.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    azith28 wrote: »

not literally

Only socially.

How do you mean? Is it because of the garlic breath or because I will be a land whale?

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    porque no los dos

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular

Well not today but there would be a major cardiac arrest in your future

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Eat so much garlic you can feel the garlicness oozing through your face pores.

• Options

not literally

Only socially.

How do you mean? Is it because of the garlic breath or because I will be a land whale?

Potentially both.
    However, if you share your garlic knots then everybody has garlic breath. And if there's one thing I learned from The Incredibles, it's that if everybody has garlic breath, nobody does.
    As a bonus, since you won't have devoured 2 pounds of bread soaked in garlic butter and cheese by yourself, maybe you'll be able to avoid the whole land whale and pending cardiac arrest thing.

• Options
    what if I just order twice as many garlic knots and then eat them all myself instead of sharing them tho

• Options
    what if I just order twice as many garlic knots and then eat them all myself instead of sharing them tho

Then you will die.
    But you will die fat, happy and reeking of garlic butter.

Which, when you think about it, is probably the ideal way to go out.

• Options
    And the garlic will act as an embalming solution!

• Options

not literally

Only socially.

Little bit from Column A, Little bit from Column B....

• Options

Bowen's Heart here again: " YOU ALREADY DO THAT YOU SADISTIC BASTARD!!!"

• Options

Bowen's Heart here again: " YOU ALREADY DO THAT YOU SADISTIC BASTARD!!!"

I mean

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    speaking of garlic, you know what's good?

Throw some garlic and tomatoes, maybe a bit of herbs tossed with some olive oil into the oven. The garlic gets kind of sweet, the tomatoes get kind of garlicky.
    Then just toss all that onto some pasta. Yum.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.