Options

Fulfill Your [Destiny 2]

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    The first mission of this expansion is really good! Still working through the rest of it but what a good opening

I’ve started getting the dreamsbane or whatever armor and getting my first peek at the new armor stuff and woooooooow

Woooooooooooow

(Seems very good everything they’ve done here seems very very good)

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    The first mission of this expansion is really good! Still working through the rest of it but what a good opening
    Bungie knows that tank based set pieces are what their base craves.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Wait did your Guardian talk in Forsaken?
    I must have forgotten that because I was very surprised when mine talked in Shadowkeep

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    oh, so is the original story stuff from launch no longer a thing, or an optional thing you can play through when/if you want? The whole bit with Ghaul draining the traveller, guardians retreating to the Farm, etc?

Even with a brand new character it seems to be just "yo here's the tower go do some strikes and shit" which feels jarring to me, let alone someone entirely new to the game

• Options
    You can absolutely still play the base missions, you have to go talk to.... I think Amanda Holliday, in the hangar

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular

I’ve mostly just always been confused as to why they don’t do more in story missions with mixing solo play and instanced multi, it is great

Also tanks are good

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Yeah, Holliday has the Red War campaign as well as Osiris and... Warmind missions?

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    You can absolutely still play the base missions, you have to go talk to.... I think Amanda Holliday, in the hangar

that's cool but also seems like a weird way to welcome a new player

"if you want guided progression and a clue what's going on, go do this optional content we've tucked away in a conversation menu with the town mechanic"

• Options
    It is very poorly implemented

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    It almost seems like they want people to forget about the year 1 campaigns with how little attention there is drawn to them.

The tooltip in the store does say to pick up the campaigns from Amanda, but I don't know why you'd check the store for something you're supposed to have for free.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular

I’ve mostly just always been confused as to why they don’t do more in story missions with mixing solo play and instanced multi, it is great

Also tanks are good

When i saw the tanks i literally called dibs despite not having anyone in my party, or even nearby in the zone.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    but also I guess there was no point to restarting

ah well, at least it was with my least-used character, and there's no reason not to go right back to my old Hunter

I may still play through Osiris and/or Warmind for fun though.

Last question (for now), is there any reason not to dismantle the pile of old 750 power purple items left in my vault from before?

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »

ah well, at least it was with my least-used character, and there's no reason not to go right back to my old Hunter

Last question (for now), is there any reason not to dismantle the pile of old 750 power purple items left in my vault from before?

If it's all year 1 gear then I'd say no, just get the shards from them since if you decide later that you really need a Uriel's Gift or something then you can just pull from collections.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Well I've bought Shadowkeep on xbox and ps4 now so I guess I'm committed to coming back to this game. Oops.
    If anybody on PS4 is looking for somebody to run content with then feel free to hit me up (PSN is Dudebusters), my friends list is pretty sparse on that side. I can't promise particularly good play but I can promise exceptional bants*.

*I can't promise that either.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    I sent ya a friend request!

• Options
    I applied to be a pretzel!

• Options
    Initially I was looking up guides for how to get the weapon parts for the Shadowkeep quests, but it turns out the nightmare hunts take you to (at least some of) those areas and there'll be a quest marker right on the item.

• Options
    hey did they... get rid of like, the weekly milestones and stuff
    I haven't had anything in that pane on the system map for a few days

• Options

They show up after you hit 900 power.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

You need to get to 900 first I think.

• Options
    ah, thanks

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »

If it's all year 1 gear then I'd say no, just get the shards from them since if you decide later that you really need a Uriel's Gift or something then you can just pull from collections.

This is so comforting, I had so many things I didn't know what to do with. Are shaders still one use pops?
    Also it's normal that I'm back to picking up blues and cycling through them right? (I was at 750, only ever played the release to first raid)

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    shaders are still one use, yeah that's super normal, everyone got bumped to 750 on tuesday, the new soft cap is 900 so you're gonna do that until then

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Got to 900, used that Dust stuff to buy a chair emote, and the one Bright Engram I got gave me a hot pink preschooler buggy-looking sparrow.

I think one major mistake I made was primarily being a Titan throughout 1 and 2. Enjoying Warlock a lot more.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    I got a bike what looks like a shark

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    How does Pretzel Town organize raid groups, generally?

• Options
  • Options
    we have a discord i can link to when i remember too or you can yell in the destiny app or you can yell here idk we've previously only really had PS4 peeps so it's pretty flexible

• Options
    I found a thing on the moon.
    At the Lunar Battlegrounds there's a big cave with an inactive Vex teleporter and a single Vex enemy that drops a chest. It gave me a weapons quest, though I don't know if that's guaranteed.

The weapons quests seem to be random drops on the moon, including ones you've done previously.

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Still kinda overwhelmed, but I guess there isn't a wrong option for how to do things.

• Options
    If I was coming into this fresh it would drive me nuts to do things out of order, or at least not to do the base game quests first

But I'm not everyone

• Options
    gonna make a beginner's guide and become famous brb

• Options
    I did the base campaign when I played the game on xbone so w/e

• Options
    Protip for anyone else that played year 1 and is returning now: Planet tokens aren't a thing anymore, so cash in all your tokens and get some inventory space for other random crap.

I had enough tokens saved up that it brought a character from 750 to over 900.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    I created a Garden raid fireteam for next Saturday evening on Steam via the clan page.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    attention townsfolk: there's a nightfall engram now available from hawthorne (it drops at-power if you're above 900 still good tho)

• Options
    nevermind it dropped +1 so that's actually of course, amazing

• Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    so i'm hopping back into this after being away a while

is there a way to sort my vault by weapon/item type? am i just blind?

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    I started the original campaign again, got just far enough in to remember "oh yeah, that's what all that is" and then bailed and started Curse of Osiris instead, seems cool so far

I heard bows were a thing now. Can I expect to get them as random drops, or only from specific content? (Do I need to buy Forsaken or Shadowkeep to get them?)

• Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    I started the original campaign again, got just far enough in to remember "oh yeah, that's what all that is" and then bailed and started Curse of Osiris instead, seems cool so far

I heard bows were a thing now. Can I expect to get them as random drops, or only from specific content? (Do I need to buy Forsaken or Shadowkeep to get them?)

Bows should be available to everyone afaik

You can for sure get an exotic one from the Black Armory stuff

This discussion has been closed.